Page 6 of 67 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast
Like Tree2138Likes

Thread: James Comey & the Giant Impeach:The eternal saga of 45 the Cheeto Christ Stupid Czar

What do we know about this Ukraine President? The fact that he claims to have followed Trump's strategy for winning doesn't give me the warm and fuzzies.
    Kittylady and BrickHouse like this.
    if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

Trump Threatened An American Serving Her Country As He Pressured Ukraine

"It's absolutely chilling to our diplomats," a former State Department official told HuffPost.

President Donald Trump threatened a serving State Department official during a July 25 phone call with Ukrainian president Volodymyr Zelensky that’s now at the center of congressional investigations, according to a summary of the conversation released by the White House on Wednesday.
    She’s going to go through some things,” Trump said of Marie Yovanovitch, a veteran foreign service officer who served as the U.S. ambassador to Ukraine until May of this year. She departed from her post months earlier than expected after conservative media outlets and Donald Trump Jr. accused her of being part of an alleged Ukrainian attempt to support Hillary Clinton’s 2016 presidential campaign.

The statement, made after Trump referred to “the woman” as “bad news,” is a striking example of the president’s willingness to throw members of his own government ― and citizens of his own country ― under the bus, particularly when he appears to believe that will benefit him personally. Presidents are conventionally expected to conduct themselves as the ultimate representatives of the United States, especially in dealing with foreign dignitaries, to protect officials with far less power and to avoid the appearance of a fractured government apparatus that outsiders can exploit for their own ends.
    The revelation that Trump spoke of punishing Yovanovitch ― whom Zelensky was quick to say he didn’t support because the president told him she “was a bad ambassador” ― will likely disturb many of the tens of thousands of career professionals working to serve his administration. The effect will be particularly strong at the State Department, which has suffered a serious collapse in morale as Trump has repeatedly proposed slashing its budget and failed to fill its top jobs.
    “What’s horrifying is Trump’s implication that, having recalled Ambassador Yovanovitch from post, he also intended to impose some kind of consequences on her for his displeasure at her failure to push his personal ― not policy ― agenda,
    ” Tamara Cofman Wittes, a former State Department official now at the Brookings Institution, told HuffPost. “It’s absolutely chilling to our diplomats serving around the world, a message that their careers are on the line if they don’t go along with abusive, unethical or illegal demands from this administration.”
    Yovanovitch is still employed by the State Department and currently holds a fellowship at Georgetown University. She did not respond to a request for comment.
    Officials dealing with Ukraine have already for months been disturbed by the way their official work has been mixed with the president’s political ambitions, the Washington Post reported Tuesday.
    Trump is now implicated in an explicit attempt to pressure Zelensky to find damaging information about his political rival Joe Biden, the former vice president whose son once served on the board of a Ukrainian company, or else lose American military aid for Ukraine’s fight against separatists supported by Russia.
    The summary of the call suggests Trump was angry at Yovanovitch on the basis of claims made by a Ukrainian prosecutor named Yuriy Lutsenko. In March, Lutsenko promised to investigate the Trump team’s claims that Ukraine interfered in the 2016 U.S. election. But Lutsenko suggested the ambassador was tampering with his work and had given him a list of people not to prosecute. Trump’s own State Department denied that charge, but the president appears to have bought it.
    Rudy Giuliani, who as the president’s personal lawyer has been central to Trump’s attempts to strike political gold in Ukraine, had a personal fixation on Yovanovitch, per the Post. “She is now working for Soros,” the attorney told the outlet, baselessly invoking right-wing conspiracy theories about Democratic donor George Soros. Giuliani also criticized the State Department apparatus. He appears to have been trying to control U.S.-Ukraine relations himself on a separate track, regularly giving Trump updates about his activities in the country.
    After Yovanovitch was stripped of her job, Giuliani announced that he would be traveling to Ukraine. The Trump administration has yet to nominate a new ambassador, and the summary released Wednesday suggests the president viewed Giuliani and Attorney General William Barr ― neither of whom has a foreign policy background ― as central to the U.S. approach to the country.
    Back in May, Democratic lawmakers already slammed Yovanovitch’s removal as “a political hit job.”
    “It’s clear that this decision was politically motivated, as allies of President Trump had joined foreign actors in lobbying for the ambassador’s dismissal,” Reps. Steny Hoyer (Md.), the House Majority Leader, and Eliot Engel (N.Y.), the chair of the House Foreign Affairs Committee, said in a joint statement. “By recalling Ambassador Yovanovitch just mere months before her tenure in Ukraine was set to end, the Administration is harming American interests and undermining American diplomacy.”

https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/...b0c6d0cef53903
    Brookie likes this.

Drugged-up Drowsy Donny is back at it, giving another rousing AMSR speech in some hotel in NY. “The US has the #1 economy in the world. If my opponent had won, we would have the 2nd.” I didn’t do it. I didn’t do it.” “Witch-hunt.” “i won. electoral college...”

He’s a fucking raging lunatic.
    Until the end of time. I'll be there for you. You own my heart and mind. I truly adore you
    -Prince Rogers Nelson

Quote Originally Posted by CornFlakegrl View Post
    What do we know about this Ukraine President? The fact that he claims to have followed Trump's strategy for winning doesn't give me the warm and fuzzies.
    Trump interrupts Ukraine president when asked about controversial phone call: 'You know there was no pressure'

President denies asking Nancy Pelosi for way out of impeachment saying he no longer considers her speaker of House

Donald Trump spoke over Ukraine’s president at a New York press conference, saying “there was no pressure” after Volodymyr Zelensky was asked about their controversial phone call.
    In a meeting on the sidelines of the United Nations General Assembly, Mr Zelenskiy insisted there had been nothing inappropriate about his phone conversation with Mr Trump on July 25 – a call that led Democrats to launch formal impeachment proceedings against the US president.

And also

Trump holds first press conference since impeachment inquiry launch – live news

President expected to receive questions on the controversy as the whistleblower complaint is reportedly sent to congressional committees

There is a live feed but it won’t let me copy the text or headlines :- https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...-pelosi-latest

“Trump starts to take questions

After rambling for about 20 minutes on his supposed achievements, Trump has started taking questions from reporters. Stay tuned.”

On CNN, Rep. Mike Quigley calls the whistleblower’s complaint, which he had just read, the “political equivalent” of Trump shooting someone on Fifth Avenue.

https://twitter.com/froomkin/status/1176971391297609729?s=20

I've said it before, and I'll say it again - this is the real-life "Walking Dead". If I still knew who was alive on the show, I'd start matching people here with the cast.
    Brookie and louiswinthorpe111 like this.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by CornFlakegrl View Post
    Notably the Ukraine race was pegged to be one to watch as it was a guy with Russian Oligarchy ties, a comedian who played a President on Ukranian TV and someone else (incumbent?)
    The comedian won.
    Meanwhile in the UK Boris Johnson is showing his ass also
    CornFlakegrl likes this.

Dang...it must be bad enough that he got some serious feedback from republicans that caused him to do this.

Members of Congress have received the Trump whistleblower report. Suddenly trump has retroactively classified it so that Congress cannot discuss details! Even some republicans shocked at contents!!

https://mobile.twitter.com/floridadem2020/status/1177008086093115392

That's bullshit. Someone should leak it to the public, as we deserve to know how this fool has been selling our country out to the highest bidder.
    Jadestone and Honeythorn like this.

I just sat down and haven't seen any news in many days, watching Lawrence O'Donnell but I still don't know what's going on, I'll read online to catch up.

However, and Mo is going to yell at me.. what's different here? Nothing ever happens to him, okay, impeachment has begun. And what will come of that? He breaks the law daily and all the other people go to jail. And which candidate is going to beat him?
    Novice, sputnik and SHELLEE like this.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chalet View Post
    I just sat down and haven't seen any news in many days, watching Lawrence O'Donnell but I still don't know what's going on, I'll read online to catch up.

However, and Mo is going to yell at me.. what's different here? Nothing ever happens to him, okay, impeachment has begun. And what will come of that? He breaks the law daily and all the other people go to jail. And which candidate is going to beat him?
    I am hopeful that this is the straw that broke the camel's back. It's the tipping point at the very least. It's egregious enough that some republicans are saying he broke the law. They might not be able to look the other way, especially when you put this on top of everything else. Fingers crossed.
    Brookie likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Chalet View Post

I think the whistelblower complaint is going to be released today. Supposedly, it talks about a pattern, not a single telephone call.

I saw also on a DailyMail article that a Ukrainian diplomat (Serhiy Leshchenko) said that the Biden investigation was a "precondition" for the phone call in the first place. The whole thing is illegal from top to bottom and sideways. It just shows what a rollercoast ride we've been on that we even have to think twice about whether this is impeachable or whether we should move forward.

A reporter said last night that if the impeachment vote was done in private, 30 Republican Senators would vote for it because they are tired of being "blackmailed" by Trump. I bet he has dossiers on every single Republican in both the House and Senate and that's how he's keeping them in line.
    fgg, Novice, Kittylady and 2 others like this.

Trump HAS to have something on these people. Otherwise, how can anyone possibly support obvious criminal acts?
    fgg, Mivvi21, Kittylady and 2 others like this.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Page 6 of 67 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast

Thread Information