Page 58 of 104 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268 ... LastLast
Like Tree3898Likes

Thread: James Comey & the Giant Impeach:The eternal saga of 45 the Cheeto Christ Stupid Czar

czb

i haven't really checked billboards.

i do think that the repubs take it a bit further. but it's gotten ugly on both sides.

on a separate note, i haven't noticed any mailboxes locked up or taken away. and we have them everywhere. there are a bunch of places in which there is one box across the street from another. i suspected that someone would've justified taking the surplus away but they are still there. whew

^They are mostly taken away in blue states/regions and cities where there've been a lot of anti Trump protests.

Also: Over the weekend, Republican Steve Schmidt, who ran John McCain's 2008 campaign for president, was interviewed on MSNBC.
    In response to a very general question regarding the Trump Presidency, Mr. Schmidt spoke for two solid minutes and gave the most insightful and brutally honest response of what the Trump Presidency has done to our great country.

“Donald Trump has been the worst president this country has ever had. And, I don't say that hyperbolically. He is. But he is a consequential president. And, he has brought this country in three short years to a place of weakness that is simply unimaginable if you were pondering where we are today from the day where Barack Obama left office. And, there were a lot of us on that day who were deeply skeptical and very worried about what a Trump presidency would be. But this is a moment of unparalleled national humiliation, of weakness.”
    "When you listen to the President, these are the musings of an imbecile. An idiot. And I don't use those words to name call. I use them because they are the precise words of the English language to describe his behavior. His comportment. His actions. We've never seen a level of incompetence, a level of ineptitude so staggering on a daily basis by anybody in the history of the country whose ever been charged with substantial responsibilities.”
    "It's just astonishing that this man is president of the United States. The man, the con man, from New York City. Many bankruptcies, failed businesses, a reality show, that branded him as something that he never was. A successful businessman. Well, he's the President of the United States now, and the man who said he would make the country great again. And he's brought death, suffering, and economic collapse on truly an epic scale."
    "And, let's be clear. This isn't happening in every country around the world. This place. Our place. Our home. Our country. The United States. We are the epicenter. We are the place where you're the most likely to die from this disease. We're the ones with the most shattered economy. And we are, because of the fool that sits in the Oval Office behind the Resolute Desk.
    Last edited by HWBL; August 19th, 2020 at 03:24 AM.
    tulip, aabbcc and Mivvi21 like this.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

He said what he said.
    OrangeSlice likes this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by czb View Post
    i haven't really checked billboards.

i do think that the repubs take it a bit further. but it's gotten ugly on both sides.

on a separate note, i haven't noticed any mailboxes locked up or taken away. and we have them everywhere. there are a bunch of places in which there is one box across the street from another. i suspected that someone would've justified taking the surplus away but they are still there. whew
    I wouldn't expect them to, Marin County is one of the most affluent counties in the U.S. (not that any of this is actually spurred by "doubled" boxes or decline in usage). And SF is so liberal I could see Trump not bothering with California at all.

^ Good point. He knows he won't win California regardless. I'm not sure exactly where this is happening, but I wonder if it's in those states he won last time that are starting to look bad, or close. Like Michigan, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania...
    tulip likes this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

czb

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    I wouldn't expect them to, Marin County is one of the most affluent counties in the U.S. (not that any of this is actually spurred by "doubled" boxes or decline in usage). And SF is so liberal I could see Trump not bothering with California at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    ^ Good point. He knows he won't win California regardless. I'm not sure exactly where this is happening, but I wonder if it's in those states he won last time that are starting to look bad, or close. Like Michigan, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania...
    but oregon is a blue state and that's where people started noticing the mailboxes.

as an aside, despite the wealth i think marin votes primarily blue. but there was a trump rally in novato a few weeks ago, i saw pictures of it. #SAD

This is happening in liberal states as well. It's not just removal of mailboxes either. In Massachusetts, which is allowing voting by mail this year, in addition to removing mailboxes, they've also removed more than a dozen high-capacity mail sorting machines.

So, not only are they making it harder to get your ballots into the mail, they are making it slower to get to it's destination.
    Dear Buddha, please bring me a pony and a plastic rocket...

but oregon is a blue state and that's where people started noticing the mailboxes.

as an aside, despite the wealth i think marin votes primarily blue. but there was a trump rally in novato a few weeks ago, i saw pictures of it. #SAD
    Quote Originally Posted by albatross View Post
    This is happening in liberal states as well. It's not just removal of mailboxes either. In Massachusetts, which is allowing voting by mail this year, in addition to removing mailboxes, they've also removed more than a dozen high-capacity mail sorting machines.

So, not only are they making it harder to get your ballots into the mail, they are making it slower to get to it's destination.
    ok. I've seen the pictures but wasn't sure where they were from. People in my town were complaining they weren't getting mail but one of the mail carriers here recently retired so I thought maybe that was an issue. I don't really check my mail every day, it's in a bank of boxes down the street and I don't always get out. It's mainly junk anyway. If I'm waiting on a package I will look. Last week I was waiting on a check, it was mailed Monday and I got it Thursday. A day later than I would usually expect. We only have one outgoing mailbox in town so they better not take it! Otherwise I would have to drive 15 minutes to the P.O.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

czb

i haven't really noticed that much a diff in my mail delivery but i am only one person.

I'm wondering how/if it will affect ebay purchases, most small sellers use USPS priority and people expect their stuff in 2-3 days. I haven't ordered anything lately.

czb

i don't do ebay. but i am one of those luddites who still pays bills by mail. plus some of our amazon stuff comes through the mail. since this USPS stuff has been in the news, i started tracking my mail.

if mail delivery is impacted for a lot of people, the ramifications could be devastating way beyond voting by mail. for example, people who rely on getting meds through the mail. or checks.
    tulip likes this.

i don't do ebay. but i am one of those luddites who still pays bills by mail. plus some of our amazon stuff comes through the mail. since this USPS stuff has been in the news, i started tracking my mail.

if mail delivery is impacted for a lot of people, the ramifications could be devastating way beyond voting by mail. for example, people who rely on getting meds through the mail. or checks.
    It is impacting people. There are reports of people missing medication doses because the delivery of their medication was late. Others that are facing financial consequences because bill payments are arriving late, so they're getting charged a lot of late fees.

Lately, when I've gotten notified that something has shipped, and it's going through the USPS, the tracking shows that it has been scanned in at the post office, but it sits in a 'waiting for acceptance' state for 2-3 days before it even starts moving.
    OrangeSlice and twitchy2.0 like this.
    Dear Buddha, please bring me a pony and a plastic rocket...

My recent amazon purchases have come from the amazon truck so no delays. And yep, from what I've seen on the news, the biggest complaints are people who get their meds by mail. Veterans who get all their meds from the VA. Trump thinks he's being real cagey but he's pissing a lot of people off. This isn't just about mail-in voting, people depend on the P.O. for a lot of things. And considering the volume, they were pretty damn efficient. He wants to do all this cost-cutting, never understanding that not every government entity is like a for-profit business.
    czb likes this.

Oregon is actually a mostly red state with the majority of the population in and around Portland, causing the vote to go to Democrats

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_U...tion_in_Oregon

Elite Member

The whole messing with the post office is horrible. Who does he think he's fooling.

I despise him with every fiber of my being.
    Beeyotch, Mivvi21, Trixie and 2 others like this.

Thread Information