Page 57 of 104 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167 ... LastLast
Like Tree3898Likes

Thread: James Comey & the Giant Impeach:The eternal saga of 45 the Cheeto Christ Stupid Czar

President Donald Trump has told aides he'd like to hold an in-person meeting with Russian President Vladimir Putin before the November election

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/nat...iliar-n1236861
    U.S. officials have explored poten

Gotta get in a meeting with his campaign advisor before the election.

U.S. officials have explored potential times and places for a Trump-Putin summit, including next month in New York, said people familiar with discussions.

Quote Originally Posted by Neptunia View Post
    President Donald Trump has told aides he'd like to hold an in-person meeting with Russian President Vladimir Putin before the November election

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/nat...iliar-n1236861
    U.S. officials have explored poten

Gotta get in a meeting with his campaign advisor before the election.

U.S. officials have explored potential times and places for a Trump-Putin summit, including next month in New York, said people familiar with discussions.
    He needs to ask his boss "Am I doing it okay, oh great one?"
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

From Facebook:

Warren, Ohio this morning. The sun isn’t even up good & they’re still snatching mailboxes................AND...............No license plate anywhere

***** celeb

From a Republican Texan:

Yesterday I resigned my position in the York Township Republican Committeemen’s Organization. Below is the letter I sent to the chairman explaining my decision.

Chairman Cuzzone:

We come together in political parties to magnify our influence. An organized representative institution can give weight to our will in ways we could not accomplish on our own. Working with others gives us power, but at the cost of constant, calculated compromise. No two people will agree on everything. There is no moral purity in politics.

If compromise is the key to healthy politics, how does one respond when compromise descends into complicity? To preserve a sense of our personal moral accountability we must each define boundaries. For those boundaries to have meaning we must have the courage to protect them, even when the cost is high.

Almost thirty years ago as a teenager in Texas, I attended my first county Republican convention. As a college student I met a young Rick Perry, fresh from his conversion to the GOP, as he was launching his first campaign for statewide office. Through Associated Republicans of Texas I contributed and volunteered for business-friendly Republican state and local candidates.

Here in DuPage County I’ve been a precinct committeeman since 2006. Door to door I’ve canvased my precinct in support of our candidates. Trudging through snow, using a drill to break the frozen ground, I posted signs for candidates on whom I pinned my hopes for better government. Among Illinois Republicans I found an organization that seemed to embody my hopes for the party nationally. Pragmatic, sensible, and focused on solid government, it seemed like a GOP Jurassic Park, where the sensible, reliable Republicans of old still roamed the landscape.

At the national level, the delusions necessary to sustain our Cold War coalition were becoming dangerous long before Donald Trump arrived. From tax policy to climate change, we have found ourselves less at odds with philosophical rivals than with the fundamentals of math, science and objective reality.

The Iraq War, the financial meltdown, the utter failure of supply-side theory, climate denial, and our strange pursuit of theocratic legislation have all been troubling. Yet it seemed that America’s party of commerce, trade, and pragmatism might still have time to sober up. Remaining engaged in the party implied a contribution to that renaissance, an investment in hope. Donald Trump has put an end to that hope.

From his fairy-tale wall to his schoolyard bullying and his flirtation with violent racists, Donald Trump offers America a singular narrative – a tale of cowards. Fearful people, convinced of our inadequacy, trembling before a world alight with imaginary threats, crave a demagogue. Neither party has ever elevated to this level a more toxic figure, one that calls forth the darkest elements of our national character.

With three decades invested in the Republican Party, there is a powerful temptation to shrug and soldier on. Despite the bold rhetoric, we all know Trump will lose. Why throw away a great personal investment over one bad nominee? Trump is not merely a poor candidate, but an indictment of our character. Preserving a party is not a morally defensible goal if that party has lost its legitimacy.

Watching Ronald Reagan as a boy, I recall how bold it was for him to declare ‘morning again’ in America. In a country menaced by Communism and burdened by a struggling economy, the audacity of Reagan’s optimism inspired a generation.

Fast-forward to our present leadership and the nature of our dilemma is clear. I watched Paul Ryan speak at Donald Trump’s convention the way a young child watches his father march off to prison. Thousands of Republican figures that loathe Donald Trump, understand the danger he represents, and privately hope he loses, are publicly declaring their support for him. In Illinois our local and state GOP organizations, faced with a choice, have decided on complicity.

Our leaders’ compromise preserves their personal capital at our collective cost. Their refusal to dissent robs all Republicans of moral cover. Evasion and cowardice has prevailed over conscience. We are now, and shall indefinitely remain, the Party of Donald Trump.

I will not contribute my name, my work, or my character to an utterly indefensible cause. No sensible adult demands moral purity from a political party, but conscience is meaningless without constraints. A party willing to lend its collective capital to Donald Trump has entered a compromise beyond any credible threshold of legitimacy. There is no redemption in being one of the “good Nazis.”

I hereby resign my position as a York Township Republican committeeman. My thirty-year tenure as a Republican is over.

Sincerely,

Chris Ladd
    tulip and Mivvi21 like this.

***** celeb

***** celeb

Donald Trump on the death of his brother Robert:

"Well we did interact and he was always there and he was, you know, he wasn't a jealous person he was a very smart guy, but he wasn't, you know, he would be there and he'd be behind me and if I became, I had the number one show, if I had big success, and no matter what I did, whether it was real estate deals or anything else he was right there, in many cases helped very much with whatever I did and then when I became president he was I think one of the most loyal people, he, there was no jealousy, you know, a lot of times in families, I hate to say it, but there's jealousy and especially among children, and among children that are competitive children, is because he was very competitive. There was not an ounce of jealousy, he'd go around talking about how great this is for the country and it's so incredible and he was my biggest fan, people would tell me all the time, I spoke to your brother and your brother was always so thrilled, and so thrilled at what was happening, and what was happening for the country. He was so angry with China, because of what happened where the plague came in and they shouldn't have allowed it to happen, they could have stopped it, he was so upset by that, it was he couldn't, more than people would be upset. A lot of people have already forgotten, and you can't forget. But he was a fantastic guy."
    -- Donald Trump on the death of his brother, Robert.

***** celeb

"He wasn't jealous of ME" is the nicest thing he can say about his brother. What a shocker.

Re the post office, nothing will happen. Nothing ever happens. If the FBI gets involved, Trump will just fire the FBI director.
    czb, tulip, garysgirl1999 and 2 others like this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

***** celeb

Quote Originally Posted by HWBL View Post
    Donald Trump on the death of his brother Robert:
    so touching
    "But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

^^ add in a "you know" to that.

Well we did interact and he was always there and he was, you know, he wasn't a jealous person he was a very smart guy, but he wasn't, you know, he would be there and he'd be behind me and if I became, I had the number one show, if I had big success, and no matter what I did, whether it was real estate deals or anything else he was right there, in many cases helped very much with whatever I did and then when I became president he was I think one of the most loyal people, he, there was no jealousy, you know,

My grandmother helped me get rid of that "you know" really fast by the age of 9.

tulip and Jadestone like this.

***** celeb

From Facebook:

Donna LeBlanc
    20 hrs ·

“I wasn't going to repost this.....But it shows the depth to which the far right has cast itself into Hell. This sign is from a friend’s town.
    And look what I found online easily for these guys:”
    Rob Roy Auto Sales and Service
    Used Car Dealers
    49 Main St
    Salisbury, MA 01952-1208
    (978) 985-3169
    Town’s email: townclerk@salisburyma.gov

***** celeb

Hoe? Their joke is not only lame, it's poorly spelled.
    czb, witchcurlgirl and Mivvi21 like this.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

czb

both sides say inappropriate things. *shrugs*

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by czb View Post
    both sides say inappropriate things. *shrugs*
    I don't see people taking out billboards against Trump with this kind of rhetoric. There are signs that say he lies, but that is the truth. No billboards though. The stuff that was said about Obama, HR Clinton and now Harris? It's vile, sexist and racist.

Thread Information