Page 56 of 96 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066 ... LastLast
Like Tree3673Likes

Thread: James Comey & the Giant Impeach:The eternal saga of 45 the Cheeto Christ Stupid Czar

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    Yeah, you know it may be somewhat true but no more than the past however many years. How convenient that this is months before the election. What I can't believe is that nobody is stepping in to stop him. It's criminal voter suppression and election interference.

I need to check whether or not Miami has the option to deliver your mail-in ballot yourself to a ballot drop box. But goddammit I will stand in line with my 2 year old in the Miami heat if I have to. But fuck that fucker for forcing that nonsense.
    If it's like Tampa, you can take your mail in ballot to the polling places during early voting. This way you know it's done & you've handed it in early

^ Orlando has that in place too, I think a lot of areas are starting to implement it, if they didn't already, because of all the mail issues. I know my area's public libraries (where a lot of the early voting locations are held) have been advertising that HEAVILY over the last week. As long as the ballot can get to me in time, I'll be voting and dropping off at a polling place during early voting when they are less busy. If it gets too close to the election and I still haven't received my mail in ballot, I'll just suck it up, mask up, and go to one of the more remote early voting polling places and hope for no crowds. Nothing will keep me from voting in this election. Period.
    mostroop, tulip and Novice like this.

czb

our libraries are still closed. i think they are going to assign voter drop off places around the city so we can bypass the mail box.

so basically that means (i think) using local government monies to account for less fed funding of the post office. got it.

Quote Originally Posted by tulip View Post
    You're absolutely correct. I know I've said this before, but Trump has exposed how fragile our democracy truly is. Before him, the people who occupied the oval office had those norms and ethics and when they got caught doing something wrong, they owned it. We also had congresspeople on both sides who were for the betterment of our country, and not just their side winning. Not that it was perfect, it wasn't, but there were boundaries and there were things you just expected from the President. Trump has no ethics, no morals, and flaunts his flagrant disregard for the office. He is a disgusting human being and I really hope if we ever get him out of office we will be able to fix some of these flaws he's pointed out so that no one can do this again.

I will walk 10 miles over hot coals bare naked to vote if I have to. I'll do anything I can. This has to end. But he's sure trying to completely fuck with the system.
    No joke!! Nixon's allies told him he had to resign and he did. That will never happen with this clown. I used to think no way would he fight to stay in office if he lost the election, but now I totally believe it. And the repubs will go along with it!
    tulip, Kittylady, HWBL and 2 others like this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Elite Member

Horror upon horror... daughter Tulip and I got stuck at a traffic light in front of a pro-Trump demonstration. I saw it when we were driving down the street on the opposite side. I wanted to get a better look at who exactly attended these things, so I turned around so we could drive by them. I live in Northern Illinois, so it's not like I'm in any gun-toting, Confederate stronghold. As we were driving by them, we were giving them thumbs down. They were shouting "four more years." Then, I got stuck at the corner. I did engage one of the protesters. He was actually respectful and said I have a right to my opinion, and I said "as do you."

The scariest thing...I have this image of Trumpsters as these dumb as a stump folks who are old or look like mouth-breathing idiots. Well, there were a few older folks, and yes, everyone was white, and yes, no one wore a mask (so different than the Black Lives Matter protesters), but they looked like regular ol' suburban residents. It was eye-opening to me to say the least. They didn't look like the regular rally attendees, except for the Trump gear. I think I've cartooned them in my mind, and seeing these people, young and old, shouting their support for Trump around my town... I'm very worried for November.
    HWBL, czb and C_is_for_Cookie like this.

It continues:

I'd say drop it off in person and ask for a receipt.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Thats what we did in the primary.

I've voted by mail or absentee for the past decade or so in NJ. Last presidential election my vote was cast by the second week of September I think. It was really early. I hope to get it out as quickly as possible but I'm also fine with just delivering it to wherever I need to in order to get my vote counted!

‘Idiot,’ ‘Dope,’ ‘Moron’: How Trump’s aides have insulted the boss:

• Defense Secretary Jim Mattis said Trump had the understanding of “a fifth- or sixth-grader,”

• White House chief of staff John Kelly called Trump “an idiot” and said he thought the president was “unhinged”

• Omarosa Manigault Newman, who was the highest-ranking African-American staffer in the West Wing, claimed in a book published earlier this summer that Trump is a “racist, misogynist and bigot.”

• Earlier this year, Michael Wolff detailed in his book “Fire and Fury” that a number of individuals in the Trump administration insulted the president’s intelligence. Both Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin and former chief of staff Reince Priebus called Trump an “idiot,” Wolff wrote. Former economic adviser Gary Cohn said Trump was “dumb as shit,” and former national security adviser H.R. McMaster said the president was a “dope,” according to the book.

• Former White House chief strategist Steve Bannon said in November 2017 that Trump was “like an 11-year-old child,”

• Former Secretary of State Rex Tillerson in July 2017 called Trump a “moron,”

• At a dinner in July 2017, McMaster mocked Trump, also calling him an “idiot,” BuzzFeed News reported. At the dinner, which was with Oracle CEO Safra Catz, McMaster also said Trump was a “dope” with the intelligence of a “kindergartner,” according to that report.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/09/04/t...woodward-806455
    tulip likes this.

C_is_for_Cookie likes this.

"I have a wonderful brother. We've had a great relationship for a long time.From day one. Long time. And he's in the hospital right now."
    -- Trump referring to his brother (now deceased)
    https://news.yahoo.com/trump-visits-...025611619.html

relationship from day one!
    Jadestone and C_is_for_Cookie like this.
    "But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

Another solution:

Somebody added: Or even the most red-neck area!

Also:

Veterans saving Democracy one mailbox at a time. #Republicans are silent.
    #Vote #TrumpUnfit #ElectionFraud #VoteSuppression
    Last edited by HWBL; August 16th, 2020 at 04:09 AM.

***** celeb

Quote Originally Posted by aabbcc View Post
    It's starting. Turned on Facebook this morning to see the idiots who aren't happy with Biden/Harris saying they're not voting or they're voting for *insert photo of person no one has ever heard of here*. Did these stupid f-ckers not learn anything from the last election? I mean, for crying out f-cking loud! That POS and his bunch of slimy Republican cohorts in the WH are destroying your county right in front of your damn eyes. Grow the f-ck up, stop whinging, and do the responsible thing here.

(Sorry for all the swearing but I am just so angry and fed up with these people. Gawd!)
    No fucking problem.
    HWBL, twitchy2.0, Novice and 1 others like this.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

***** celeb

^^ That's insane! We need congressional hearings now!!
    C_is_for_Cookie likes this.

Thread Information