Page 54 of 97 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864 ... LastLast
Like Tree3679Likes

Thread: James Comey & the Giant Impeach:The eternal saga of 45 the Cheeto Christ Stupid Czar

Neil Young sues Donald Trump's re-election campaign for using his music

The 74-year-old musician has taken legal action over the use of his songs, claiming his first complaint was made in 2015.

Thursday 6 August 2020 08:55, UK

Image: Neil Young is suing the Trump campaign over the use of his songs

Why you can trust Sky News
    Neil Young is suing Donald Trump's re-election campaign for copyright infringement, alleging that his music has been used at the president's rallies without his permission.
    The 74-year-old star said that he could not allow his work to be used as a "theme song for a divisive, un-American campaign of ignorance and hate".

In a complaint filed in a New York court, Young objected to Rockin' In The Free World and Devil's Sidewalk being played "numerous times at rallies and political events for the entertainment and amusement of those attending".
    Young said the Trump campaign played both songs at a rally in Tulsa, Oklahoma, on 20 June, which controversially went ahead despite concerns over the ongoing coronavirus pandemic.

Image: Trump supporters attended the campaign event despite the ongoing coronavirus pandemic
    The lawsuit states the "campaign does not now have, and did not at the time of the Tulsa rally, have a license or Plaintiff's permission" to play the songs at any "public political event".
    Advertisement

The former member of Buffalo Springfield said he has "continuously" complained about Mr Trump's use of his songs since 2015, but he has been "willfully ignored".

Young said his first complaint was in connection with the use of Rockin' In The Free World at Mr Trump's original announcement that he was running for president in June 2015.
    More from Donald Trump

:: Listen to Divided States on Apple podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, and Spreaker
    The complaint claimed the Trump campaign "willfully proceeded" to play the songs "despite its knowledge that a license is required to do so".
    Young's lawyers added: "This complaint is not intended to disrespect the rights and opinions of American citizens, who are free to support the candidate of their choosing.
    "However, Plaintiff in good conscience cannot allow his music to be used as a 'theme song' for a divisive, un-American campaign of ignorance and hate."

Image: Young's lawsuit says his music is being used as a 'theme song' for Trump's 'divisive' campaign (below)

The Canadian-born singer, who is now a US citizen, is seeking damages of up to $150,000 (£114,300) per infringement.
    The Trump campaign has not yet made any comment on the lawsuit.
    It comes after the Trump campaign was warned earlier this summer that it could face legal action if it continues to use songs by The Rolling Stones.
    Last month, dozens of artists including Aerosmith, Green Day, Mick Jagger and Elton John signed an open letter calling on politicians to obtain permission before playing their music at rallies and events.
    https://news.sky.com/story/neil-youn...b-global-en-GB

Brookie likes this.

Facebook and Twitter restrict Trump accounts over 'harmful' virus claim

• 6 hours ago

Image copyright Fox News Image caption
    A clip from President Trump's Fox News interview was posted to his Facebook page Facebook and Twitter have penalised Donald Trump and his campaign for posts in which the president claimed children were "almost immune" to coronavirus.

Facebook deleted the post - a clip from an interview Mr Trump gave to Fox News - saying it contained "harmful Covid misinformation".
    Twitter followed by saying it had frozen a Trump campaign account until a tweet of the same clip was removed.
    US public health advice makes clear children have no immunity to Covid-19.

What did Facebook and Twitter say?

A Facebook spokesperson said on Wednesday evening: "This video includes false claims that a group of people is immune from COVID-19 which is a violation of our policies around harmful COVID misinformation."
    It was the first time the social giant had taken action to remove content posted by the president based on its coronavirus-misinformation policy, but not the first time it has penalised Mr Trump over content on his page.

Later on Wednesday, Twitter said it had frozen the @TeamTrump account because it posted the same interview excerpt, which President Trump's account shared.

A Twitter spokesman said the @TeamTrump tweet "is in violation of the Twitter Rules on COVID-19 misinformation".
    "The account owner will be required to remove the Tweet before they can Tweet again."
    It later appeared to have been deleted.
    Twitter last month temporarily suspended Mr Trump's son, Donald Jr, for sharing a clip it said promoted "misinformation" about coronavirus and hydroxychloroquine.
    But in March, Twitter said a tweet by entrepreneur Elon Musk suggesting children are "essentially immune" to coronavirus did not break its rules.

What did Trump say in his TV interview?

Speaking by telephone to morning show Fox and Friends on Wednesday, Mr Trump argued it was time for all schools nationwide to reopen.
    He said: "If you look at children, children are almost - and I would almost say definitely - almost immune from this disease.

"So few, they've got stronger, hard to believe, I don't know how you feel about it, but they've got much stronger immune systems than we do somehow for this.
    "And they don't have a problem, they just don't have a problem."
    Mr Trump, who is running for re-election in November, also said of coronavirus: "This thing's going away. It will go away like things go away."

How dangerous is coronavirus for children?

Children can catch and transmit the virus, but they run an extremely low risk of becoming ill from it.
    Adults - and particularly older adults - are far more likely to be seriously ill and die from complications.

Can children catch and spread coronavirus?
    The largest study done so far, involving more than 55,000 hospital patients, found that only 0.8% were under the age of 19.
    Half of all the people with confirmed coronavirus who were admitted to critical care units in England, Wales and Northern Ireland were 60 or older as of 31 July, according to a research charity.
    A recent US study of coronavirus cases among 7,780 children from 26 countries found almost one in five patients had no symptoms. Another one in five developed lesions on their lungs during the infection.
    Some 3.3% were admitted to intensive care units and seven deaths were reported, according to the research from the University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio.
    A study from the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine found that people under 20 were about half as susceptible to coronavirus infection as those over 20.
    There have been some extremely rare cases of children developing an inflammatory syndrome similar to Kawasaki disease, and scientists are exploring a possible delayed immune response to coronavirus.

Why did Facebook last take down a Trump post?

In June, Facebook said it had removed adverts for President Trump's re-election campaign that featured a symbol used in Nazi Germany.
    The company said the offending ad contained an inverted red triangle similar to that used by the Nazis to label opponents such as communists.
    Mr Trump's campaign team said the far-left activist group antifa uses the symbol and it was a reference to them.
    The ads, which were posted on the site on pages belonging to President Trump and Vice-President Mike Pence, were online for about 24 hours and had received hundreds of thousands of views before they were taken down.

Are US schools reopening amid pandemic?

Hundreds of school districts around the country have scrapped plans to reopen as coronavirus infections have spiked in a number of US states.
    Some 20 of the nation's largest 25 school districts have announced they will start remotely.
    Among the schools that are not reopening is one attended by the president's son, Barron Trump, in suburban Maryland.
    St Andrew's Episcopal School said in a letter to parents it would opt instead for virtual learning to protect the health of students, families and staff.
    Last week Georgia's largest school district, Gwinnett County, returned to school campuses to start planning for autumn reopening.
    A day later, 260 employees had been told to stay away from their schools because they tested positive for coronavirus, or had been exposed to someone else who had the infection.
    One of the first school districts in the nation to reopen, near Indianapolis, Indiana, had a student test positive on the first day.
    The child's parents had sent him to campus, knowing that his test result was pending, schools officials said.
    Other students who had come within 6ft of the patient for more than 15 minutes were sent home to self-isolate for 14 days.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-us-2020-53673797

So, DJTs financial records have been transferred over to the SDNY and they are going to be making a major announcement in less than 15 minutes. I'm not holding to much faith in what's going to be said, especially because it was in the Daily Mail.
    fgg and Brookie like this.

Gold Member

New York AG is moving to dissolve the NRA for fraud, abuse, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Fairy View Post
    New York AG is moving to dissolve the NRA for fraud, abuse, etc.
    That should be a slam dunk. Remember when Oliver North suddenly resigned from the board -- I think he was totally appalled when he saw the finances. They won't just have damning records, but also personal testimony from former directors. This is going to be an amazing sh*t show, and will basically neutralize them as an advocacy group going into the election period.

This is going to be popcorn worthy. The NRA thing might need its own thread.
    czb, tulip, MohandasKGanja and 3 others like this.
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

Caravans of disease-carrying illegals.

https://www.rollingstone.com/politic...order-1038463/

"But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

Donald Trump Claims Members Of His Golf Club Can Go Maskless Because They Came To Presser As “Peaceful” Protesters Of Media

By Ted Johnson
    August 7, 2020 5:58pm

Donald Trump scheduled a last-minute press conference at his Bedminster, NJ, golf club on Friday evening, in part to threaten to sign an executive order if Democrats don’t give in on demands for COVID-19 relief.

But when members of the White House pool traveling with the president showed up, standing in the back of the room were members and guests at the country club, many of them not wearing masks.

Masks were handed out to the members just before the president arrived, but one reporter queried Trump on the scene.

“You said that the pandemic is disappearing, but we lost 6,000 Americans, and just in this room, you have dozens of people who are not following the guidelines in New Jersey,” the reporter said.

The Bedminster guests then started booing.

Kathryn Watson
    @kathrynw5
    ·
    14h
    Aside from the clear public health issues, the optics of POTUS addressing his country club members who pay at up to $350,000 to join while millions of Americans don't know how they'll cover rent this month as expanded unemployment benefits have expired is—an interesting choice.
    Tweet
    Justin Sink
    @justinsink
    · 14h
    this is the scene

Brookie likes this.

Brookie likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    Excellent but why they should have gone one step further and make JR and Eric angry by adding a small sentence like "the husband of his daughter , that Trump trusts more then his own sons....
    Trixie likes this.

Trump Says Adding Him to Mount Rushmore Is ‘a Good Idea’ After Aides Reportedly Looked Into It

"There is no more carvable space up on the sculpture," a Mount Rushmore spokeswoman has said

While President Donald Trump this weekend denied a New York Times report that said his aides asked Mount Rushmore officials about adding additional presidents to the monument, he tweeted that it nonetheless "sounds like a good idea to me."

"Never suggested it although, based on all of the many things accomplished during the first 3 1/2 years, perhaps more than any other Presidency, sounds like a good idea to me!" Trump, 74, tweeted.

https://people.com/politics/donald-trump-says-adding-him-to-mount-rushmore-is-good-idea/

Donald Trump Claims Members Of His Golf Club Can Go Maskless Because They Came To Presser As “Peaceful” Protesters Of Media
    *coronavirus likes this*

Quote Originally Posted by kasippu View Post
    Excellent but why they should have gone one step further and make JR and Eric angry by adding a small sentence like "the husband of his daughter , that Trump trusts more then his own sons....
    Truthfully, after reading Mary trumps book, I am going to guess that Jared is more like Donald than his own sons. Same way Fred favored Donald, because he was more like him than his other kids.
    tulip, Kittylady and twitchy2.0 like this.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by louiswinthorpe111 View Post
    Truthfully, after reading Mary trumps book, I am going to guess that Jared is more like Donald than his own sons. Same way Fred favored Donald, because he was more like him than his other kids.
    So tell us about the book!
    fgg likes this.

From Facebook:

Trump’s (tremendous) Gettysburg address as imagined by David Von Drehle:

Donald Trump is searching the nation for the best venue in which to be re-crowned as Republican candidate for the highest office in the land. His plan to accept the nomination in Charlotte was quashed by health officials. Jacksonville, Fla., offered to welcome a big crowd of mask-free Trump fans — but then the pandemic walloped the Sunshine State. He might stay home and deliver the speech from his backyard, also known as the South Lawn. But recent reports suggest he’s thinking about a certain battlefield in a place called Gettysburg.…

“Four score and seven years ago. Not everyone knows a score. People ask me, they say, ‘What’s a score?’ Fauci the other day. What’s a score? Not everyone knows. The score is the best it’s ever been. Under Trump, 87. Under Obama, not so much.

“Eighty-seven tremendous, tremendous years ago — and some years that were not so great, frankly — our fathers brought forth; also the mothers, the great suburban mothers. Biden wants to take away their dream. Our fathers and our mothers brought forth a new nation. How they did it: not so good. Not so perfect. A lot of people got hurt. Some were bad people, but a lot of them were good. The king of England, not everyone agrees he was so bad, but now they have a queen. Very few people know this.

“Someone told me Thomas Jefferson ate by himself at the White House and was the smartest one ever. I don’t think so. I don’t think so. I frankly think my IQ — people tell me it is tremendous. The doctors see and they can’t believe it. They say, ‘Mr. President, this is unbelievable!’ It’s called a ‘cognitive test.’ Biden’s afraid to take it. Sleepy Joe.

“My people, the best people, they tell me Thomas Jefferson made a good deal when he bought Louisiana, the great state of Louisiana, for 3 cents an acre. I say he must have read my book.

“Our fathers and mothers believed in liberty and the prop . . . uh . . . the prop . . . a . . . ma . . . gician that all men are created equal. The ladies, not so much. Melania is a 10. Hillary? Like I said, not so much. Merkel? Not so much.

“Now we are met on a battlefield where, frankly, there were very fine people on both sides. Some of them got killed. A lot of them, but not all. Obama would have let all of them get killed. I happen to prefer soldiers who don’t get killed.

“When I was making America greater than it has ever been — and I will do it again; only I can fix it after the kung flu, they call it the co-ro-na-virus, they call it covid, since when does a disease have so many names? Once it washes through, it’s going to wash through sooner or later and I happen to think sooner. It’s called testing. The United States does it better than anybody and guess what? More cases. The fake news — those people right over there, I call them the fake news — they don’t want you to know this. Only I can bring us back to where we were before China.

“I look around at this great, beautiful, tremendous battlefield with the cemetery full of people who gave what I like to call the last, full measure of devotion. Think about it: full measure. Not taking a knee against our great flag. Not antifa. It’s more devotion than at any time ever in the history of our country. And I can do it again.

“I’ll get up there and put my hand on a big, beautiful Bible. I love the Bible. I love God. Biden will do away with God. Biden will take away the Bible. It’s sad. But folks, they are nasty, nasty people. I will bring us together like you’ve never seen.

“So let us highly resolve that government of the people, the very fine people — not the people over there, the fake news. They said Russia, Russia, Russia. A hoax. The greatest witch hunt in history. No one has ever been tougher on Russia than me. Abraham Lincoln, Honest Abe. Very few people know he was called that. Lincoln was beautifully tough on Russia. But only sometimes. No one has been tougher than me.

“Read the books! Read the manuals! I talk to my generals — some very fine, very tough generals. They tell me they’ve never seen anything like it. Before we came in, the United States was perishing from the earth. Perishing. It means, like, dead. That’s what Biden wants. People call him Sleepy Joe. Scary Joe. Joe Biden. He is Not. All. There. Not all there.

“Apparently Lincoln also gave a speech here, but people tell me mine is much better. Lincoln’s ratings were terrible. It’s called winning, folks. A simple thing called winning.”

Brookie likes this.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Thread Information