Page 52 of 70 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662 ... LastLast
Like Tree2532Likes

Thread: James Comey & the Giant Impeach:The eternal saga of 45 the Cheeto Christ Stupid Czar

Quote Originally Posted by louiswinthorpe111 View Post
    I have to stay off Facebook. It's really making me hate people that I otherwise like. The amount of people buying into the crazy Dr Immanuel and Hydroxy-bullshit is astonishing to me. It really aggravates me and if I didn't get so much business from it for work, I would cancel the whole motherfucking account. /endrant
    You can mute them so their stuff doesn't come up on your feed. That's what I've been thinking of doing with a handful of people because it's so hard to resist the urge to tell them how fucking stupid they are.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

I either mute or delete people off Facebook if they make me mad. Just because we are friends in real life does mean we have to be friends online if I disagree with your crazy and don't want to be bombarded with it while scrolling through social media.

I mute my crazy too extremely liberal uncle b/c all he posts are obnoxious memes all day. I mean, I agree with a lot of his view but I don't need that negativity in my life constantly.
    Trixie and Novice like this.

I've been unfollowing people for months. I continually add to the list.
    tulip, aabbcc, ikmccall and 2 others like this.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

Well, I was just thinking muting them might be a bit more kind, they're still on your friends list but you don't have to view their bullshit or give an explanation. But if you want to leave them no doubt, by all means unfriend them.
    tulip likes this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Elite Member

I've done both, depends on my relationship with them.

Does Melania Trump's revamp of the White House Rose Garden have a hidden agenda?
    Arwa Mahdawi
    Arwa Mahdawi

From Covid-19 to protests in the street, the US is in crisis – yet the first lady is focused squarely on her back yard
    The West Wing of the White House, as seen from the rose garden
    Published on Tue 28 Jul 2020 13.09 BST

Say what you like about Melania Trump, she has done an incredible amount during her time in the White House. She renovated the bowling alley she revamped the Red Room, she broke ground on a private tennis pavilion. Now, the indefatigable first lady is trying her hand at horticulture: on Monday, Trump announced that she is overseeing a renovation of the White House Rose Garden. “Planting a garden involves hard work and hope in the possibility of a bright future,” she explained.

More than 150,000 Americans have died with Covid-19 and the pandemic is nowhere near under control in the US. Nearly half of adult Americans are jobless and 28 million are facing eviction. Heavily armed citizen militias are patrolling US cities and protesters are facing off against federal troops in Portland, Oregon. The US is a huge bin fire and Trump is weeding while it burns. Is the woman completely tone-deaf or is there a strategy behind her sudden passion for gardening?

One school of thought is that she has looked at the 2020 election polls, realises her days at the White House are numbered and is rapidly legacy-building – or, perhaps more accurately, legacy-plagiarising. The image-obsessed Trumps have not exactly been subtle about their attempts to portray the first lady as a latter-day Jackie Kennedy, with Donald Trump once announcing: “We have our own Jackie O – it’s called Melania, Melania T.”

Trump – or, as her husband likes to call her, “it” – has already mimicked Jackie O’s fashion choices, but now she is appropriating her floral ones: a White House statement about the plans noted that the rose garden will be restored to the design first implemented during the Kennedy administration.

The first lady’s attempts to restore the past seem to be working, albeit not in the way she may have intended – shortly after the rose garden renovations were announced, “Marie Antoinette” started trending on Twitter. While Melania T may be attempting to channel Jackie O, it looks as though she can’t help giving off strong Marie A vibes.

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...-hidden-agenda

Elite Member

Did that stupid tennis pavilion ever get finished?

I'm still bitter they got rid of Michelle's veggie garden.

She is such a terrible First Lady, especially coming after Michelle who was so awesome.
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

Source: https://www.fox23.com/news/trending/...NYNSY3Q3VBALI/

Former presidential candidate Herman Cain dies of COVID-19

FILE PHOTO: Herman Cain, former chairman and chief executive officer of Godfather's Pizza, speaks during the final day of the 2014 Republican Leadership Conference on May 31, 2014 in New Orleans, Louisiana. Cain died July 30, 2020. (Justin Sullivan/Getty Images)

By: Theresa Seiger, Cox Media Group National Content Desk
    Updated: July 30, 2020 - 9:30 AM

Former Republican presidential candidate Herman Cain has died weeks after he was diagnosed with COVID-19, according to an announcement made Thursday on his website. He was 74.

“You’re never ready for the kind of news we are grappling with this morning,” Dan Calabrese, the editor for Cain’s website, wrote Thursday in a statement. “Herman Cain – our boss, our friend, like a father to so many of us – has passed away.”

Check back for more on this developing story.

Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Gold Member

Damn.

Quote by Steven Calabresi in the NYT. He is a Trump supporter & co-founder of the ultra right wing Federalist Society.

Source NYT

Trump Might Try to Postpone the Election. That’s Unconstitutional.

He should be removed unless he relents.
    By Steven G. Calabresi
    Mr. Calabresi is a co-founder of the Federalist Society and a professor at Northwestern University’s Pritzker School of Law.

The president on Thursday tweeted that the 2020 election would be “fraudulent” is there is universal mail-in voting.Credit...Doug Mills/The New York Times

I have voted Republican in every presidential election since 1980, including voting for Donald Trump in 2016. I wrote op-eds and a law review article protesting what I believe was an unconstitutional investigation by Robert Mueller. I also wrote an op-ed opposing President Trump’s impeachment.
    But I am frankly appalled by the president’s recent tweet seeking to postpone the November election. Until recently, I had taken as political hyperbole the Democrats’ assertion that President Trump is a fascist. But this latest tweet is fascistic and is itself grounds for the president’s immediate impeachment again by the House of Representatives and his removal from office by the Senate.
    Here is what President Trump tweeted:

The nation has faced grave challenges before, just as it does today with the spread of the coronavirus. But it has never canceled or delayed a presidential election. Not in 1864, when President Abraham Lincoln was expected to lose and the South looked as if it might defeat the North. Not in 1932 in the depths of the Great Depression. Not in 1944 during World War II.

So we certainly should not even consider canceling this fall’s election because of the president’s concern about mail-in voting, which is likely to increase because of fears about Covid-19. It is up to each of the 50 states whether to allow universal mail-in voting and Article II of the Constitution explicitly gives the states total power over the selection of presidential electors.Image

It is up to each of the 50 states whether to allow universal mail-in voting.Credit...Matt Slocum/Associated Press

Election Day was fixed by a federal law passed in 1845, and the Constitution itself in the 20th Amendment specifies that the newly elected Congress meet at noon on Jan. 3, 2021, and that the terms of the president and vice president end at noon on Jan. 20, 2021. If no newly elected president is available, the speaker of the House of Representatives becomes acting president.
    President Trump needs to be told by every Republican in Congress that he cannot postpone the federal election. Doing so would be illegal, unconstitutional and without precedent in American history. Anyone who says otherwise should never be elected to Congress again.
    Steven G. Calabresi is a co-founder of the Federalist Society and a professor at Northwestern University’s Pritzker School of Law.

Neptunia and Brookie like this.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

^^ Maybe some Republicans are coming around? It's fascinating that they're just now seeing the fascism. I guess if the Federalist Society guys think Trump's fascist though, Trump is in real trouble as their fascist bar is really high!
    Kittylady likes this.

If anyone wants to, please catch Obama's eulogy for John Lewis.

Just as an example, Obama gave John Lewis the Congressional Medal of Freedom. Orange gave one to Rush Limbaugh.

twitchy2.0, tulip and Serendipity like this.

He's gotten away with EVERYTHING so far, even the unconstitutional stuff so I wonder, will he really be prevented from postponing the election ?
    Technically he has no power to do so, he needs the Congress but 2020 is not making me feel super optimistic ... neither do the last 3.5 years
    HWBL and Mivvi21 like this.
    Fluctuat nec mergitur
    Paris, Nov 13th

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Pixie View Post
    He's gotten away with EVERYTHING so far, even the unconstitutional stuff so I wonder, will he really be prevented from postponing the election ?
    Technically he has no power to do so, he needs the Congress but 2020 is not making me feel super optimistic ... neither do the last 3.5 years
    A bunch of Republican congressmen have come out and said he can't do it and they won't delay the election. I was shocked.
    mostroop and Brookie like this.

Thread Information