Page 51 of 96 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast
Like Tree3673Likes

Thread: James Comey & the Giant Impeach:The eternal saga of 45 the Cheeto Christ Stupid Czar

Quote Originally Posted by Chalet View Post
    Just so reminds me of my fave girl.

Adorable little Shirley's a great palate cleanser after all this Trump nonsense!
    Brookie and C_is_for_Cookie like this.

Trump backs out of Yankees opening pitch he was never even invited to. An official told The New York Times the idea emerged from jealousy of Fauci.

• President Donald Trump was never actually invited to throw out the ceremonial first pitch for the Yankees on August 15, The New York Times reported.

• Both the team and White House officials were said to be shocked to hear Trump's announcement that he would be appearing at the game; he later canceled.

• One official told The Times that Trump was jealous of the attention Dr. Anthony Fauci was receiving for throwing the ceremonial pitch at MLB's opening day.

President Donald Trump was so annoyed with the attention Dr. Anthony Fauci was receiving for throwing out the ceremonial first pitch for MLB's opening day that he decided to announce he was also invited to throw out a pitch for the Yankees next month, an official told The New York Times.

Despite his announcement and later cancellation of the plans to appear at an August 15 game, Trump was apparently never actually invited to pitch on that date.

https://www.businessinsider.com/trum...-to-nyt-2020-7

If I didn't hate Trump so much I actually might be embarrassed for him but I do hate him so, like everyone else, I'm just amused and disgusted!

Sen. Perdue takes down ad with doctored photo showing Jewish rival Ossoff with enlarged nose

The GOP lawmaker's campaign said it was an 'unintentional error.' His Democratic opponent called it anti-Semitic.

Republican Sen. David Perdue of Georgia has taken down a digital campaign ad featuring a manipulated picture of his Democratic opponent Jon Ossoff, who is Jewish, with an enlarged nose.

Before being removed, the Facebook ad showed grainy pictures of Ossoff and Sen. Charles Schumer of New York, who is also Jewish, above a banner reading “DEMOCRATS ARE TRYING TO BUY GEORGIA! HELP DAVID PERDUE FIGHT BACK.”

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-tru...-rival-n1235074

^^Disgusting pig. I shouldn't be surprised, but this stuff pisses me off so much, every single time. My well of outrage is bottomless.

Quote Originally Posted by Neptunia View Post
    Adorable little Shirley's a great palate cleanser after all this Trump nonsense!
    Those are his faces whenever he walks out of a virus briefing.

Quote Originally Posted by Chalet View Post
    Just so reminds me of my fave girl.

Trump news – live: President complains ‘nobody likes me’ and laments not being as popular as Fauci before defending alien DNA conspiracy doctor he retweeted

Donald Trump has lamented his lack of popularity compared to members of his White House Coronavirus Task Force like Dr Anthony Fauci and Dr Deborah Birx in an extraordinary press conference, apparently overlooking the fact that more than 150,000 Americans have died from Covid-19 on his watch.

The president also defended Texas doctor Stella Immanuel after a video he retweeted in which she alleges a cure for the virus exists and is being suppressed was taken down by Twitter, describing the physician and pastor - who believes that alien DNA is being used in pharmaceuticals and who counsels against sex with demons - as “very impressive”.

While Trump was back promoting hydroxychloroquine, his attorney general, William Barr, was put to the sword by Democratic lawmakers in the House of Representatives as he sought to champion his tenure and answer criticism of the Justice Department’s handling of heated Black Lives Matter protests in response to the police killing of George Floyd.

How totalitarianism begins in the U.S.

Feds may not deploy police or military domestically unless the state governor requests it
    Federal officers use chemical irritants and crowd control munitions to disperse Black Lives Matter protesters outside the Mark O. Hatfield United States Courthouse on Wednesday, July 22, 2020, in Portland, Ore. (AP Photo/Noah Berger)
    Federal officers use chemical irritants and crowd control munitions to disperse Black Lives Matter protesters outside the Mark O. Hatfield United States Courthouse on Wednesday, July 22, 2020, in Portland, Ore. (AP Photo/Noah Berger)
    By Andrew P. Napolitano - - Wednesday, July 22, 2020

ANALYSIS/OPINION:

“The robber baron’s cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own consciences.”
    — C.S. Lewis (1898-1963)

Serious issues are implicating personal liberty and public safety in Portland, Oregon. The police are not enforcing local and state laws. They are refraining from doing so because they have been so instructed by elected public officials.

The U.S. Supreme Court has ruled that state and local elected officials — not police — are empowered to determine the depth and breadth of law enforcement. And the court has also ruled that the police have no legal obligation to protect lives or property.

Stated differently, the police cannot be sued for their willful failures. The remedy for those failures — according to the court — is to elect different officials who will deploy police assets differently. Yet, the police have a moral obligation to protect lives and property. For what other purpose have we hired and empowered them?

All persons have a natural right to protect their lives and property, especially when the government fails to do so. If its failures are systemic and repeated, it is the duty of the people to alter or abolish the government. We know this from the Declaration of Independence.

Portland has been the center of anti-police demonstrations this summer. The neighborhood around the state capitol has endured nearly two months of nighttime demonstrations. Most of these are peaceful; some are destructive.

Last weekend, with no notice or local consent, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security sent teams of agents — untrained in crowd control and wearing military fatigues — onto Portland’s streets. Their uniforms bore no governmental, administrative or personal names, just the word “Police” on masking tape. They descended upon the city in unmarked SUVs and began grabbing people indiscriminately off the streets, without regard to the person’s lawful presence or personal behavior.

According to the account of one victim, he was walking peacefully in the downtown area, observing the chaos, when five masked men in fatigues exited an unmarked SUV, grabbed him and pulled him into the car. They tied his hands with plastic behind his back. They pulled his cap over his face. They kept him for two hours and then released him. They filed no charges against him.

They had no basis for this kidnapping.

It was a kidnapping, not an arrest. An arrest is a lawful restraint by a legitimate government authority pursuant to a warrant issued by a judge specifically naming the person to be arrested, or pursuant to probable cause of crime personally observed by the arresting officers. Neither of these was the case in Portland.

And some victims were even less fortunate than those kidnapped. They were assaulted with pepper spray and hit with nonlethal exploding bullets that stun, hurt and disorient. The bullets can harm the eyes, heart and liver. I saw a video of a young man riding a bicycle away from the chaos. Yet, he was attacked by five of these feds.

An Annapolis graduate and Navy veteran asked a small group of the feds by what constitutional authority they were present in Portland. They responded by pepper-spraying his face and beating his hand with a baton, shattering numerous bones in his hand.

Portland is in America, right? What’s going on here?

On Monday, the DHS acknowledged that these thugs are its police and said their behavior somehow will bring stability to downtown Portland. The phrase that Acting DHS Secretary Chad Wolf used — mimicking his boss — was “law and order.”

But there is nothing lawful or orderly about what these agents did. Their activities in Portland are unlawful, unconstitutional and harmful.

They are unlawful because federal agents are selectively arresting folks and not even pretending to be enforcing local and state laws. Under federal law, the feds may not deploy police or military domestically unless the state legislature or the state governor requests it. Neither has done so for Portland.

The feds’ activities are unconstitutional because they are using government force to arrest people without probable cause or arrest warrants. We know there is no legal basis for these “arrests,” as they have not charged anyone. Moreover, this is so harmful and terrifying — being kidnapped, handcuffed, blindfolded, not spoken to and then released, all for no stated reason — it will chill others from public dissent.

The First Amendment to the U.S. Constitution requires the government to protect speech, not assault those who exercise it. If these indiscriminate beatings and kidnappings are intended to deter folks from publicly dissenting, it is profoundly unconstitutional, counterproductive and will be costly to the federal government.

Under the Constitution, the ability to regulate for health and safety belongs to the states and local governments. The feds simply do not have the lawful authority to fill in gaps in local law enforcement, no matter how offended they may be.

This is how totalitarianism begins. The feds claim that federal property needs protection and the folks assigned to do so need help. When help arrives, it does so by surprise, under cover of darkness and shielded by anonymity. Then, the reinforcements beat and arrest and harm protesters because their bosses in Washington do not approve of the protesters’ message.

Public dissent against the government is a core personal freedom. It is as American as apple pie. It was integral to the creation of our republic. Government repression of dissent is totalitarian. It is as un-American as the governments against which we fought world wars to preserve our core freedoms.

• Andrew P. Napolitano, a former judge of the Superior Court of New Jersey, is a regular contributor to The Washington Times. He is the author of nine books on the U.S. Constitution.

^^ That's incredibly disturbing as is agreeing with Judge Napolitano. It's really frustrating to see all of this happening and yet, we seem helpless in doing anything about it because the Republicans control the Senate. If Democrats or even patriotic Republicans were in the Senate, Trump would have been impeached and gone. Not that this behavior would be entirely quashed but at least it wouldn't be sanctioned from the Oval Office. Actually it probably would have been as Pence is just as right wing as Trump he's just less Twittery about it. We just need to vote out all Republicans, that's a start.
    Mivvi21 and louiswinthorpe111 like this.

Exclusive: Trump never raised Russia's Taliban bounties with Putin

President Trump has never confronted Vladimir Putin with intelligence indicating Russia paid the Taliban to kill U.S. troops, he told “Axios on HBO” in an interview on Tuesday.

https://www.axios.com/trump-russia-b...sam&stream=top

Jake Tapper, CNN:

After Swan (reporter interviewing Trump) rightly notes that regardless of the bounty story, Intel says Russia is supplying weapons to the Taliban, and asks “Isn't that enough to challenge Putin over the killings of American soldiers?” Trump says “Well we supplied weapons when they were fighting Russia too.“

The president continually makes the argument that the US and Russia are morally equivalent — remember when O’Reilly told him in 2017 that Putin is a killer and he said “We have a lot of killers...you think our country is so innocent?

But more to this point, this was a US President not only admitting he has never challenged Putin about the fact that Russia supplies arms to Taliban terrorists who use them to kill US servicemembers, he was trying to explain it away.

The president also said that after GEN Nicholson in 2018 said that Russia is arming the Taliban, he “didn't ask Nicholson about that.”

Russia is supporting and even supplying arms to the Taliban, the head of US forces in Afghanistan has told the BBC.

In an exclusive interview, Gen John Nicholson said he'd seen "destabilising activity by the Russians."

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-43500299

How is THIS not grounds for impeachment?
    Brookie and C_is_for_Cookie like this.

Louis Gomert (spelling?) has tested positive for the Covid. He was maskless during the Barr hearing yesterday. He was huddled with his buddies without a mask. God knows how many people he infected yesterday. Not to be mean but if he infects his buddies,,,,oh well. Jordan and Gaetezz especially.

That's ok, Gaetz's Cuban son can take care of him.
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

I have to stay off Facebook. It's really making me hate people that I otherwise like. The amount of people buying into the crazy Dr Immanuel and Hydroxy-bullshit is astonishing to me. It really aggravates me and if I didn't get so much business from it for work, I would cancel the whole motherfucking account. /endrant
    Trixie, Mivvi21, tulip and 4 others like this.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

Quote Originally Posted by Neptunia View Post
    Exclusive: Trump never raised Russia's Taliban bounties with Putin

President Trump has never confronted Vladimir Putin with intelligence indicating Russia paid the Taliban to kill U.S. troops, he told “Axios on HBO” in an interview on Tuesday.

https://www.axios.com/trump-russia-b...sam&stream=top

Jake Tapper, CNN:

After Swan (reporter interviewing Trump) rightly notes that regardless of the bounty story, Intel says Russia is supplying weapons to the Taliban, and asks “Isn't that enough to challenge Putin over the killings of American soldiers?” Trump says “Well we supplied weapons when they were fighting Russia too.“

The president continually makes the argument that the US and Russia are morally equivalent — remember when O’Reilly told him in 2017 that Putin is a killer and he said “We have a lot of killers...you think our country is so innocent?

But more to this point, this was a US President not only admitting he has never challenged Putin about the fact that Russia supplies arms to Taliban terrorists who use them to kill US servicemembers, he was trying to explain it away.

The president also said that after GEN Nicholson in 2018 said that Russia is arming the Taliban, he “didn't ask Nicholson about that.”

Russia is supporting and even supplying arms to the Taliban, the head of US forces in Afghanistan has told the BBC.

In an exclusive interview, Gen John Nicholson said he'd seen "destabilising activity by the Russians."

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-43500299

How is THIS not grounds for impeachment?
    Wait - did you not hear about the bounties???

Trump news – live: President confirms he did not ask Putin about Russian 'bounties', as US says it will pull troops out of Germany

Donald Trump “never discussed” reports of Russian bounties on the heads of US troops in Afghanistan with Vladimir Putin, the president claimed in a new interview, as the US announces it will be withdrawing troops from Germany.

The president claimed the issueof Russian bounties on the heads of US troops in Afghanistan with Vladimir Putin, the president claimed in a new interview, as the US announces it will be withdrawing troops from Germany.

The president claimed the issue of Russian bounties never reached his desk in an interview with Axios, despite reports indicating he received the intelligence in a daily briefing back in February. This comes as the administration moves forward with plans to pull forces out of Germany after Mr Trump alleged the country was "delinquent in their payments" to the NATO security alliance.

Asked whether he reads his briefings, Mr Trump responded: “I do. I read a lot. You know, I read a lot. They like to say I don’t read. I read a lot. I comprehend extraordinarily well. Probably better than anybody you’ve interviewed in a long time. I read a lot.”

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a9643296.html

Anti-mask Republican tests positive for coronavirus after attending Barr testimony

A Texas Republican who has refused to wear a mask while walking through the halls of Congress and attending high-profile hearings with members of the White House administration tested positive for Covid-19, according to reports.

Louie Gohmert (R—Tx), who just attended a congressional hearing with Attorney General William Barr on Tuesday, tested positive for the novel coronavirus while being screened during a White House procedure on Monday morning, Politico reported.

— an issue that has sowed controversy on Capitol Hill, with several members of the GOP refusing to wear face coverings while on the job. A growing list of lawmakers have meanwhile tested positive for Covid-19, including Senator Rand Paul (R—Tn), Rep. Tom Rice (R—SC), Rep Mario Diaz Balart (R—Fl) and several others.

Before testing positive for the virus, Mr Gohmert was reportedly set to fly with Mr Trump to Texas, one of the states currently battling a major spike in coronavirus cases as the pandemic continues taking a deadly toll on much of the southern US.
    And just to cap it all....

Key Points

Trump 'looking at' banning TikTok
    President defends doctor who cautions against alien DNA, sex with demons
    Barr claims no systemic racism in US policing in fiery House session

Oh but it gets better!!!

Donald Trump dismissed plans for a $1 trillion (£776bn) Republican economic stimulus package aimed at easing the impact of the coronavirus crisis as “semi-irrelevant”, as he sought to big up a deal with Kodak to manufacture medical products.

Senate Republicans, led by Mitch McConnell, on Monday proposed a package that would make payments of $1,200 (£925) to most Americans, with $100bn (£77m) set aside to help schools struggling amid the pandemic.

But the proposal means around 32 million citizens could see their unemployment payments slashed from $600 (£466) to $200 (£155).

At a White House press briefing on Tuesday, Trump lambasted the proposals, telling reporters there were elements of the deal he did not agree with.

“It’s sort of semi-irrelevant because the Democrats come with their needs and asks and the Republicans go with theirs,” he said. “We’ll be talking about it.”

The president instead tried to keep the focus on the Kodak deal, which he described as “groundbreaking”. Officials are in talks with Eastman Kodak – traditionally known for its camera products – to launch a pharmaceutical arm.

The US International Development Finance Corporation plans to loan the company $765m (£589) to make products to help battle against coronavirus.

“It’s a breakthrough in bringing pharmaceutical manufacturing back to the United States,” Trump told the briefings, adding that White House staff had been sent to New York to hash out the final details of the deal.

Meanwhile, congressional leaders on Capitol Hill concluded talks that would add $1 trillion to the $2.4tn (£1.8tn) already spent on virus relief measures.

Mark Meadows, Trump’s chief of staff, has been in talks with treasury secretary Steve Mnuchin, to ensure that the GOP deal aligns with the president’s demands.

The situation in Portland is ridiculous, thankfully our Governor announced today that they will withdraw their illegal occupation. The protests were mostly peaceful and winding down, until Trump sent in his contracted soldiers

Just some of the issues that have happened since his soldiers arrived in town:

1) As part of their release agreement protesters are having to relinquish their constitutional rights: https://www.propublica.org/article/d...utional-rights

2) illegally detaining protesters when they are not on federal property https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...deral-arrests/

3) literally shooting moms with less lethal munitions (in the face! https://thehill.com/changing-america...k-lives-matter You can find her graphic photo on FB linked under Feminist News, scroll down, it's awful)

4) arresting people without reading Miranda right (https://www.oregonlive.com/portland/...returning.html) This lady is an attorney, you know she cataloged everything that they did incorrectly and will hopefully bring a suit against them.

5) illegally placed a structure over a legal bike lane of traffic causing potential harm to bikers https://bikeportland.org/2020/07/22/...sw-main-318758
    sputnik and C_is_for_Cookie like this.

Thread Information