Page 47 of 55 FirstFirst ... 37434445464748495051 ... LastLast
Like Tree2065Likes

Thread: James Comey & the Giant Impeach:The eternal saga of 45 the Cheeto Christ Stupid Czar

Donald Trump is starting to make Kanye West look sane.

Also - an inconvenient FACT the USA is the 25th highest tester for tests per million population. Yes, that's right not even are they not in the top TEN, they are not in the top TWENTY!

Who has tested more?
    Gibraltar
    Faroe Islands
    Monaco
    Luxembourg
    Falklands
    Caymens
    UAE
    Bahrain - yes two Arabic countries have tested more than the US.....
    Iceland
    Malta
    Denmark..... Still not seeing USA in there ....
    Bermuda
    San Marino
    UK
    Lithuania
    Mauritius
    Russia
    Singapore
    Qatar - oh look another Arabic country...
    Cyprus
    Israel
    Portugal
    Channel Islands (a tiny group of British islands off the French coast,)
    Spain

And finally

USA

Last edited by Novice; July 9th, 2020 at 01:24 PM.
    Trixie likes this.

Florida and Texas are reporting 10,000 new cases per day (approx) and majority of States are spiking upward and he's screaming about kids going back to school in the fall. Yes the mortality rate is down but sometimes it takes quite awhile for people to actually die from it. He's trying to compare us to other countries who have things under control when we do NOT. I'm more scared of covid now than I was in March or April because now all the loonies are out and about like nothing is happening, thanks to this idiot.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    Florida and Texas are reporting 10,000 new cases per day (approx) and majority of States are spiking upward and he's screaming about kids going back to school in the fall. Yes the mortality rate is down but sometimes it takes quite awhile for people to actually die from it. He's trying to compare us to other countries who have things under control when we do NOT. I'm more scared of covid now than I was in March or April because now all the loonies are out and about like nothing is happening, thanks to this idiot.
    Even with an (apparently) lower mortality rate, the ICU's are starting to fill up (50 hospital ICUs in Florida alone). When that happens, hospitals have to start making hard choices about who lives and who dies - and you get a spike in unnecessary deaths. Because if you had managed and flattened the curve, you wouldn't have to make those decisions in the first place.
    Trixie, fgg and garysgirl1999 like this.

Yes the mortality rate is down
    It has started edging back up again.
    Trixie and C_is_for_Cookie like this.
    "But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

^ Yes, of course it will, or is. People don't test positive and immediately die.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

^ Yes, of course it will, or is. People don't test positive and immediately die.
    They also don't get the symptoms and die straight away. People have started to improve and suddenly gone downhill again.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

And don't forget the ones that are asymptomatic and there are ones like me that have tested negative but still have symptoms.
    Kittylady and C_is_for_Cookie like this.

Trump commuted Roger Stone's prison sentence. No prison time. SO fucking corrupt.
    tulip likes this.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Stone basically threatened blackmail. Sorry I said basically, I meant literally. He literally blackmailed Trump and hours later he was off the hook.
    Kittylady and C_is_for_Cookie like this.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by faithanne View Post
    Stone basically threatened blackmail. Sorry I said basically, I meant literally. He literally blackmailed Trump and hours later he was off the hook.
    How do you know that? Not that it would surprise me.

Quote Originally Posted by tulip View Post
    How do you know that? Not that it would surprise me.
    This is a tweet from Howard Fineman about what Roger Stone said hours before Trump intervened:

Just had a long talk with #RogerStone. He says he doesn’t want a pardon (which implies guilt) but a commutation, and says he thinks #Trump will give it to him. “He knows I was under enormous pressure to turn on him. It would have eased my situation considerably. But I didn’t.
    Which to me reads "He knows I have the dirt on him, which I could have used to exonerate myself or get a lesser sentence, but because I didn't rat him out, Trump knows what he needs to do".
    Novice, twitchy2.0, Trixie and 5 others like this.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Bottom line, Trump rewards loyalty and punishes anyone who turns on him. Or anyone he perceives has turned on him.
    Brookie, tulip and Kittylady like this.

I had a feeling these guys would put out a new ad today and here it is:

Source: London Daily News

London Daily

London Daily News
    Sunday, Jul 12, 2020

British Writer Pens The Best Description Of Trump I’ve Read

Nate White

“Why do some British people not like Donald Trump?” Nate White, an articulate and witty writer from England wrote the following response:
    A few things spring to mind. Trump lacks certain qualities which the British traditionally esteem. For instance, he has no class, no charm, no coolness, no credibility, no compassion, no wit, no warmth, no wisdom, no subtlety, no sensitivity, no self-awareness, no humility, no honour and no grace – all qualities, funnily enough, with which his predecessor Mr. Obama was generously blessed. So for us, the stark contrast does rather throw Trump’s limitations into embarrassingly sharp relief.

Plus, we like a laugh. And while Trump may be laughable, he has never once said anything wry, witty or even faintly amusing – not once, ever. I don’t say that rhetorically, I mean it quite literally: not once, not ever. And that fact is particularly disturbing to the British sensibility – for us, to lack humour is almost inhuman. But with Trump, it’s a fact. He doesn’t even seem to understand what a joke is – his idea of a joke is a crass comment, an illiterate insult, a casual act of cruelty.

Trump is a troll. And like all trolls, he is never funny and he never laughs; he only crows or jeers. And scarily, he doesn’t just talk in crude, witless insults – he actually thinks in them. His mind is a simple bot-like algorithm of petty prejudices and knee-jerk nastiness.

There is never any under-layer of irony, complexity, nuance or depth. It’s all surface. Some Americans might see this as refreshingly upfront. Well, we don’t. We see it as having no inner world, no soul. And in Britain we traditionally side with David, not Goliath. All our heroes are plucky underdogs: Robin Hood, Dick Whittington, Oliver Twist. Trump is neither plucky, nor an underdog. He is the exact opposite of that. He’s not even a spoiled rich-boy, or a greedy fat-cat. He’s more a fat white slug. A Jabba the Hutt of privilege

And worse, he is that most unforgivable of all things to the British: a bully. That is, except when he is among bullies; then he suddenly transforms into a snivelling sidekick instead. There are unspoken rules to this stuff – the Queensberry rules of basic decency – and he breaks them all. He punches downwards – which a gentleman should, would, could never do – and every blow he aims is below the belt. He particularly likes to kick the vulnerable or voiceless – and he kicks them when they are down.

So the fact that a significant minority – perhaps a third – of Americans look at what he does, listen to what he says, and then think ‘Yeah, he seems like my kind of guy’ is a matter of some confusion and no little distress to British people, given that:

• Americans are supposed to be nicer than us, and mostly are.

• You don’t need a particularly keen eye for detail to spot a few flaws in the man.

This last point is what especially confuses and dismays British people, and many other people too; his faults seem pretty bloody hard to miss. After all, it’s impossible to read a single tweet, or hear him speak a sentence or two, without staring deep into the abyss. He turns being artless into an art form; he is a Picasso of pettiness; a Shakespeare of shit. His faults are fractal: even his flaws have flaws, and so on ad infinitum. God knows there have always been stupid people in the world, and plenty of nasty people too. But rarely has stupidity been so nasty, or nastiness so stupid. He makes Nixon look trustworthy and George W look smart. In fact, if Frankenstein decided to make a monster assembled entirely from human flaws – he would make a Trump.

And a remorseful Doctor Frankenstein would clutch out big clumpfuls of hair and scream in anguish: ‘My God… what… have… I… created?' If being a twat was a TV show, Trump would be the boxed set.

Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

czb

...And in Britain we traditionally side with David, not Goliath....

funny how the author white-washes the history of british imperialism ....

Thread Information