Page 46 of 54 FirstFirst ... 36424344454647484950 ... LastLast
Like Tree2055Likes

Thread: James Comey & the Giant Impeach:The eternal saga of 45 the Cheeto Christ Stupid Czar

Quote Originally Posted by Labelwhore View Post
    Ooh that’s only 3 degrees of separation. Crossing my fingers the “chinless dump spawn” also gets it then passes it on to his father. Please oh please!!
    but how... it is a hoax and will disappear after elections in November

Gold Member

Edgar Allen Poe and the story of Prince Prospero. Everyone else is fair game, but in their eyes somehow the elite are immune. Or were at least. How do you injure a narcissist?
    lindsaywhit likes this.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fairy View Post
    Edgar Allen Poe and the story of Prince Prospero. Everyone else is fair game, but in their eyes somehow the elite are immune. Or were at least. How do you injure a narcissist?
    Take away his mirrors?

Quote Originally Posted by Fairy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tulip View Post
    Take away his mirrors?

Source: CNN

The 28 most outrageous lines from Donald Trump's Mount Rushmore speech

Analysis by Chris Cillizza, CNN Editor-at-large
    Updated 1910 GMT (0310 HKT) July 4, 2020

(CNN)President Donald Trump jetted to South Dakota on Friday to deliver a paean to what he believes to be is a forgotten America, in the shadow of Mount Rushmore.

The speech laid out Trump's consistently grim vision for an America in which he is not its President as he engaged in his usual amount of fact-bending and breaking to serve his rhetorical and political purposes.

I went through the transcript -- and pulled out the lines you need to see.

1. "Let us also send our deepest thanks to our wonderful veterans, law enforcement, first responders and the doctors, nurses and scientists working tirelessly to kill the virus."
    This is the only time Trump mentions the coronavirus pandemic, which hit a record number of cases nationwide on Friday, during the entire speech. And away we go!
    2. "I am here as your President to proclaim, before the country and before the world, this monument will never be desecrated."
    Uh, was there some sort of movement to tear down Mount Rushmore I was unaware of or....?
    3. "And yet, as we meet here tonight, there is a growing danger that threatens every blessing our ancestors fought so hard for, struggled, they bled to secure."
    The nation under threat from the liberal horde is the theme of this speech -- and Trump hits it HARD. Repeatedly. Also: There is nothing so motivating as fear in terms of driving people to the polls. Or so Trump hopes.
    4. "Our nation is witnessing a merciless campaign to wipe out our history, defame our heroes, erase our values, and indoctrinate our children."
    Like I said...
    5. "Angry mobs are trying to tear down statues of our founders, deface our most sacred memorials, and unleash a wave of violent crime in our cities."
    This speech, tonally, is very, very similar to Trump's inauguration address in which he cast a dark vision of America and promised "this American carnage stops right here and stops right now."

6. "Many of these people have no idea why they are doing this, but some know exactly what they are doing."
    In Trump's mind, there are only two kinds of protesters: dupes who have no idea what they are even protesting and professional rabble-rousers like Antifa. That, of course, totally dismisses the idea that the protesters -- or some large chunk of them -- are committed believers that the police need to be reformed and that racial inequity remains a real and pressing problem in America.
    7. "This attack on our liberty, our magnificent liberty, must be stopped, and it will be stopped very quickly."
    "Our magnificent liberty."

8. "We will expose this dangerous movement, protect our nation's children, end this radical assault, and preserve our beloved American way of life."
    Again, Trump leans heavily on fear. The left is going to ruin your children -- if you let it!
    9. "In our schools, our newsrooms, even our corporate boardrooms, there is a new far left fascism that demands absolute allegiance."
    I looked up the definition of "fascism." It's this: "A political philosophy, movement, or regime (such as that of the Fascisti) that exalts nation and often race above the individual and that stands for a centralized autocratic government headed by a dictatorial leader, severe economic and social regimentation, and forcible suppression of opposition." Which, well, uh...
    10. "This left-wing cultural revolution is designed to overthrow the American Revolution."
    This feels a little -- maybe slightly -- overdone?
    11. "The violent mayhem we have seen in the streets and cities that are run by liberal Democrats in every case is the predictable result of years of extreme indoctrination and bias in education, journalism, and other cultural institutions."
    Make no mistake: This is the language of a full-out culture war. And Trump is stoking it because he believes doing so gives him the best chance to win a second term.
    12. "Our children are taught in school to hate their own country and to believe that the men and women who built it were not heroes, but that were villains."
    I took a peek at the my kids' curriculum just to double check this so I can now officially say there is nothing in there about hating America.
    13. "The radical view of American history is a web of lies."
    Speaking of lies....

14. "General Washington did not claim power, but simply returned to Mount Vernon as a private citizen."
    "If he was smart, he would've put his name on it. You've got to put your name on stuff or no one remembers you." -- Trump on Washington and Mount Vernon.
    15. "[Jefferson] was an architect, an inventor, a diplomat, a scholar, a founder of one of the world's great universities, and an ardent defender of liberty."
    "Someone came along to resist him/Pissed him off until we had a two-party system/You haven't met him yet, you haven't had the chance/'cause he's been kickin' a** as the ambassador to France."
    16. "Lincoln won the Civil War. He issued the Emancipation Proclamation. He led the passage of the 13th Amendment abolishing slavery for all time."
    "I've always said I can be more presidential than any president in history except for Honest Abe Lincoln, when he's wearing the hat. That's tough, that's tough. That was tough to beat." -- Donald Trump, September 2019
    17. "They want to silence us, but we will not be silenced."
    Trump has been leaning much more heavily into the "Silent Majority" idea first introduced into American political rhetoric by President Richard Nixon. "THE SILENT MAJORITY IS STRONGER THAN EVER!!!," he tweeted earlier this month.
    18. "We will state the truth in full without apology."
    Ahem.
    19. "And we are building the wall."
    "Trump campaigns on border wall progress. There's not much of it." -- Los Angeles Times, June 23, 2020
    20. "We believe in equal opportunity, equal justice, and equal treatment for citizens of every race, background, religion and creed."
    "Why do we want all these people from 'sh*thole countries' coming here?" -- Donald Trump, 2018
    21. "We want free and open debate, not speech codes and cancel culture."
    "Republicans feel that Social Media Platforms totally silence conservatives voices. We will strongly regulate, or close them down, before we can ever allow this to happen." -- Donald Trump, May 27, 2020
    22. "Their goal is not a better America. Their goal is to end America."
    Under this construct, anyone who stands against Trump's is trying to bring about the "end' of the country. OK.
    23. "For the sake of our honor, for the sake of our children, for the sake of our union, we must protect and preserve our history, our heritage, and our great heroes."
    "Our heritage."
    24. "We are the people who dreamed a spectacular dream -- it was called Las Vegas in the Nevada desert -- who built up Miami from the Florida marsh, and who carved our heroes into the face of Mount Rushmore."
    As our Founding Fathers always said: "What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas."
    25. "We settled the Wild West, won two World Wars, landed American astronauts on the moon, and, one day very soon, we will plant our flag on Mars."
    Space Force!
    26. "Nobody has ever done it like we have done it."
    "Ain't no Half-Steppin'" -- Big Daddy Kane
    27. "Centuries from now, our legacy will be the cities we built, the champions we forged, the good that we did, and the monuments we created to inspire us all."
    Wait, wait. We have a champion forge? How did I not know about this before?

28. "I love your state. I love this country."
    "I love lamp." -- Brick Tamblin. Yeah, this feels like a good place to end.

Brookie, Mivvi21 and tulip like this.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

https://m.imgur.com/gv4OCKO

Trump's Mount Rushmore

Quote Originally Posted by Neptunia View Post
    As Coronavirus Cases Rise in Arizona, New Mask Rules Spark a Fight
    Under pressure from health experts, governor allows local authorities to mandate the use of masks, sparking relief for some and rage in others

https://www.wsj.com/articles/as-coro...ht-11592829000

“You are not my doctor,” said Mr. Cha. “You are not my family’s doctor. I do not recognize your authority to mandate a medical treatment for my family.”

Who ARE these people. Why is it so awful to wear a mask? We wear seatbelts, motorcyclists wear helmets, yet wearing a mask is taking away their freedom? I still just don't get it.
    Funny coz as I remember it a lot of Americans didn't have an issue wearing a mask on e upon a time...

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    also, masks cause infections and STDs, but only for anti-maskers

Maybe he is wearing his mask all wrong???
    Brookie and C_is_for_Cookie like this.

I think Cheryl should worry more about her lack of intelligence if she actually believes that bullshit story her husband told her, than his alleged mask induced "clamedia". Fucking imbeciles, I swear.

^If you can get gonorrhoea from riding a tractor in a bikini (SPOILER ALERT: YOU CAN'T) then you can also get "clamedia" from wearing a mask (YOU CAN'T) but the bikini is optional.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

You so CAN get it from a tractor. It was on tv, therefore true.

Brookie likes this.

Here's a brand new Lincoln Project ad and it's really, really good.

Following Thursday's Supreme Court decision, Deutsche Bank says they will comply with the Manhattan DA's request for President Donald Trump's financial records.

This is going to be good!

I was just reading an article about that and came here to comment. However, the article I read said that the records would likely not be able to be seen until after election. Any idea what that's about?
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Quote Originally Posted by Neptunia View Post
    Following Thursday's Supreme Court decision, Deutsche Bank says they will comply with the Manhattan DA's request for President Donald Trump's financial records.

This is going to be good!
    Fluctuat nec mergitur
    Paris, Nov 13th

Donald J. Trump
    @realDonaldTrump
    ·
    Jul 8
    Economy and Jobs are growing MUCH faster than anyone (except me!) expected. Job growth is biggest in history. China Virus Mortality Rate is among the LOWEST of any country. Shaping up for a good third quarter, and a great next year! NASDAQ at new record high, 401k’s way up!!!!

Donald J. Trump
    @realDonaldTrump
    ·
    5h
    For the 1/100th time, the reason we show so many Cases, compared to other countries that haven’t done nearly as well as we have, is that our TESTING is much bigger and better. We have tested 40,000,000 people. If we did 20,000,000 instead, Cases would be half, etc. NOT REPORTED!

Donald J. Trump
    @realDonaldTrump
    PRESIDENTIAL HARASSMENT!
    Translate Tweet
    1:40 PM · Jul 9, 2020·

Donald J. Trump
    @realDonaldTrump
    “We know what took place. We have already seen criminality. What is happening? Biggest political scandal of our time.” @MariaBartiromo
    You are 100% correct, Maria, it is a disgrace that nothing happens. Obama and Biden spied on my campaign, AND GOT CAUGHT...BUT NOTHING!
    1:50 PM · Jul 9, 2020·

Donald J. Trump
    @realDonaldTrump
    PROSECUTORIAL MISCONDUCT!
    Translate Tweet
    1:52 PM · Jul 9, 2020

Donald J. Trump
    @realDonaldTrump
    ·
    3h
    The Supreme Court sends case back to Lower Court, arguments to continue. This is all a political prosecution. I won the Mueller Witch Hunt, and others, and now I have to keep fighting in a politically corrupt New York. Not fair to this Presidency or Administration!

Donald J. Trump
    @realDonaldTrump
    Courts in the past have given “broad deference”. BUT NOT ME!
    3:38 PM · Jul 9, 2020·

Donald J. Trump
    @realDonaldTrump
    ·
    2h
    ....for another President. This is about PROSECUTORIAL MISCONDUCT. We catch the other side SPYING on my campaign, the biggest political crime and scandal in U.S. history, and NOTHING HAPPENS. But despite this, I have done more than any President in history in first 3 1/2 years!

Donald J. Trump
    @realDonaldTrump
    ·
    2h
    Replying to
    @realDonaldTrump
    ...Won all against the Federal Government and the Democrats send everything to politically corrupt New York, which is falling apart with everyone leaving, to give it a second, third and fourth try. Now the Supreme Court gives a delay ruling that they would never have given...

Donald J. Trump
    @realDonaldTrump
    ·
    2h
    We have a totally corrupt previous Administration, including a President and Vice President who spied on my campaign, AND GOT CAUGHT...and nothing happens to them. This crime was taking place even before my election, everyone knows it, and yet all are frozen stiff with fear....

Donald J. Trump
    @realDonaldTrump
    POLITICAL WITCH HUNT!
    5:14 PM · Jul 9, 2020·Twitter for iPhone
    Last edited by Novice; July 9th, 2020 at 01:26 PM.

Thread Information