Page 3 of 67 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast
Like Tree2138Likes

Thread: James Comey & the Giant Impeach:The eternal saga of 45 the Cheeto Christ Stupid Czar

Quote Originally Posted by ShimmeringGlow View Post
    "Very solid #Dem House leadership source just confirmed to me that @SpeakerPelosi
    will announce a formal impeachment inquiry this afternoon and imply that she herself favors impeachment of @realDonaldTrump
    ."

https://twitter.com/howardfineman/st...39782861729792

I’ve got my radio on and I’m waiting. Pelosi is supposed to speak at 5pm EST/ 2pm PST.

Donny is gonna be rage tweeting for the next 48 hours. Bet he wishes he could go back to this moment with all his dumpy swagger of yesterday.

Beeyotch likes this.
    Until the end of time. I'll be there for you. You own my heart and mind. I truly adore you
    -Prince Rogers Nelson

I think it's far more interesting that McConnell let the resolution to have the WH hand over the whistleblower's complaint over to Congress go to a vote, even if it is non-binding.

I think it's far more interesting that McConnell let the resolution to have the WH hand over the whistleblower's complaint over to Congress go to a vote, even if it is non-binding.
    Especially in light of this revelation from him:
    "I was not given an explanation," McConnell told reporters Tuesday as the congressional furor grew over President Trump’s interactions with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky.
    McConnell said he spoke to Secretary of Defense Mark Esper and Secretary of State Mike Pompeotwice about the matter without receiving clarification for the delay in $391 million in aid to Ukraine.
    “I was very actively involved in advocating [for] the aid. I talked to the secretary of Defense, the secretary of State once,” he said.
    “The good news was it finally happened,” he added, noting the administration finally released the aid. “I have no idea what precipitated the delay.”

He's going to do some type of air strikes.

Chris Megerian (@ChrisMegerian) Tweeted:
    Something is up. White House pool is being told that "plans have changed" this afternoon. State Department press pool moving toward an "unknown location." https://twitter.com/ChrisMegerian/st...574104064?s=17
    Labelwhore and lindsaywhit like this.

Senate Unanimously Votes For Resolution Demanding Whistleblower Complaint

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/s...administration

The Senate on Tuesday unanimously passed Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer’s (D-NY) resolution calling on the Trump administration to hand over a whistleblower’s complaint about President Donald Trump to the Senate and House Intelligence Committees.
    Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) put the resolution for a vote after Schumer requested a vote via unanimous consent.
    The Trump administration has refused to allow Congress to see a whistleblower’s complaint about Trump’s call to the president of Ukraine, during which he allegedly pushed the president to investigate 2020 candidate Joe Biden.
    Brookie and C_is_for_Cookie like this.

It looks like Pelosi got a little "refreshed" over the summer break.
    ShimmeringGlow and fgg like this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

I'm not optimistic about the "transcript" of this conversation after reading a former director of the White House Situation Room describe how the transcript is generated. It's not based on a tape recording - it sounds like a summary from notes. In other words, the transcript can be whatever they want it to be before they release it and we will DEFINITELY need to see the IG report.

https://twitter.com/LarryPfeifferDC/...87533322342400
    sputnik and C_is_for_Cookie like this.

Chopper noise makes it very hard to hear questions for WH staff stenographer who keeps the official record. I was wearing a microphone so we know specifically what I asked the president that is not reflected in the WH transcript. Here is a side by side.

https://twitter.com/KellyO/status/1176488592857882624
    Brookie and Kittylady like this.

The looks of people witnessing a trainwreck live......

Brookie and Honeythorn like this.

Larry Pfeiffer@LarryPfeifferDC

2 hours ago, 11 tweets, 2 min read Read on Twitter

As senior director of the WH Situation Room, I managed POTUS head-of-state calls. So, what light can I shed on the Trump-promised phone transcript? /1

First off: unless this administration has changed procedures in place for many years, there are no WH tapes of this phone call. As I used to say, the WH became averse to taping Presidential phone calls in about 1974. /2

Could there be recordings made by the foreign head-of-state's government or a foreign intelligence service? Sure, particularly when the call is made over a non-secure phone. /3

Could there be recordings made by the US Intelligence Community? No. Law, regulation, and practice forbids such collection of USG officials. Besides, there's no foreign intelligence value in doing so, as the US official is aware of the call's contents. /4

Yes, there should be transcripts of the call. It is a long-standing practice, intended to not only memorialize the call but to protect the President against the foreign leader/gov't making egregious claims about the call. /5

The White House Situation Room and the responsible NSC directorate develop the transcript. WHSR, which monitors the call, develops a verbatim working transcript which is reviewed and finalized by the NSC directorate and captured in a memorandum of conversation (MEMCON). /6

This MEMCON can vary greatly from a lightly edited full transcript to a vaguely worded summary of the call. Sharing of the MEMCON outside of the WH and across gov't has varied from Admin to Admin and the sensitivity of the call, but has always been very limited. /7

Who in the USG listens to the call as it happens? This varies from call to call. I managed the very rare call in which only myself and WHSR heard the actual call. In most cases, the call was listened to live by several people. /8

Call participants often included the Nat'l Sec Advisor or his/her deputies, the WH Chief of Staff, an appropriate NSC Sr Director and members of his/her staff. Extremely rare for a non-WH person to be present for the call and we never looped in anyone outside the 18 acres. /9

As to the foreign side of the call, we assumed similar participation. /10

Could the President make calls on his own directly to a foreign head of state? Sure, but these are very busy people who aren't always available for impromptu calls. The procedures were developed over time for both the convenience and the protection of the President. /11 & Final

C_is_for_Cookie and Brookie like this.

Wow, @HeidiNBC reporting that Trump called Pelosi today and asked “if they could work something out on this whole whistleblower thing.”

https://mobile.twitter.com/JamieOGra...19784965935106

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    I'm not optimistic about the "transcript" of this conversation after reading a former director of the White House Situation Room describe how the transcript is generated. It's not based on a tape recording - it sounds like a summary from notes. In other words, the transcript can be whatever they want it to be before they release it and we will DEFINITELY need to see the IG report.

Lol OMG could you imagine what he would come up with?? It'd read like the script of The Room!
    "Oh hai, Volodymyr, I have something for yuuuuu"

Novice likes this.
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

Larry Pfeiffer@LarryPfeifferDC

2 hours ago, 11 tweets, 2 min read Read on Twitter

As senior director of the WH Situation Room, I managed POTUS head-of-state calls. So, what light can I shed on the Trump-promised phone transcript? /1

First off: unless this administration has changed procedures in place for many years, there are no WH tapes of this phone call. As I used to say, the WH became averse to taping Presidential phone calls in about 1974. /2

Could there be recordings made by the foreign head-of-state's government or a foreign intelligence service? Sure, particularly when the call is made over a non-secure phone. /3

Could there be recordings made by the US Intelligence Community? No. Law, regulation, and practice forbids such collection of USG officials. Besides, there's no foreign intelligence value in doing so, as the US official is aware of the call's contents. /4

Yes, there should be transcripts of the call. It is a long-standing practice, intended to not only memorialize the call but to protect the President against the foreign leader/gov't making egregious claims about the call. /5

The White House Situation Room and the responsible NSC directorate develop the transcript. WHSR, which monitors the call, develops a verbatim working transcript which is reviewed and finalized by the NSC directorate and captured in a memorandum of conversation (MEMCON). /6

This MEMCON can vary greatly from a lightly edited full transcript to a vaguely worded summary of the call. Sharing of the MEMCON outside of the WH and across gov't has varied from Admin to Admin and the sensitivity of the call, but has always been very limited. /7

Who in the USG listens to the call as it happens? This varies from call to call. I managed the very rare call in which only myself and WHSR heard the actual call. In most cases, the call was listened to live by several people. /8

Call participants often included the Nat'l Sec Advisor or his/her deputies, the WH Chief of Staff, an appropriate NSC Sr Director and members of his/her staff. Extremely rare for a non-WH person to be present for the call and we never looped in anyone outside the 18 acres. /9

As to the foreign side of the call, we assumed similar participation. /10

Could the President make calls on his own directly to a foreign head of state? Sure, but these are very busy people who aren't always available for impromptu calls. The procedures were developed over time for both the convenience and the protection of the President. /11 & Final

There is a whole load of bs right there.

And i just saw this...

Nothing to do with impeachment

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    although it has zero chance of success because 2/3 of the senate would have to vote in favour.
    Impeachment doesn't require 2/3 of the Senate. It requires a simple majority of the House. The problem is that Impeachment is similar to an indictment - it's a statement of charges.

The trial on those charges would occur in the Senate, and that requires 2/3 majority to convict. However, there is even a question of whether Mitch McConnell would allow a trial, and it's not clear that the Senate can be forced to have a trial.
    Dear Buddha, please bring me a pony and a plastic rocket...

Page 3 of 67 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Thread Information