Page 27 of 38 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast
Like Tree1240Likes

Thread: James Comey & the Giant Impeach:The eternal saga of 45 the Cheeto Christ Stupid Czar

The full text of the memo, as described to CBS News:

26 July 2019
    The following is a record of a conversation I had this afternoon with a White House official about the telephone call yesterday morning between President Trump and Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy. The official who listened to the entirety of the phone call was visibly shaken by what had transpired and seemed keen to inform a trusted colleague within the U.S. national security apparatus about the call. After my call with this official I [redacted] returned to my office, and wrote up my best recollection of what I had heard.

The official described the call as "crazy," "frightening" and "completely lacking in substance related to national security." The official asserted that the President used the call to persuade Ukrainian authorities to investigate his political rivals, chiefly former Vice President Biden and his son, Hunter. The official stated that there was already a conversation underway with White House lawyers about how to handle the discussion because, in the official's view, the President had clearly committed a criminal act by urging a foreign power to investigate a U.S. person for the purposes of advancing his own reelection bid in 2020.

The phone call lasted approximately half an hour. The two leaders spoke through interpreters. My conversation with the official only lasted a few minutes, and as a result, I only received highlights:

• The President asserted that "it all started in Ukraine," referring to the allegations of foreign interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election and the subsequent investigation into the Trump campaign's contact with Russian individuals

• The President asked Zelenskyy to locate the "Crowdstrike server" and turn it over to the United States, claiming that Crowdstrike is "a Ukrainian company," (Note: This appears to be a reference to the DNC server from which Russian hackers stole data and emails that were subsequently leaked in mid-2016; the DNC hired cyber security firm Crowdstrike to do the forensic analysis, which informed the FBI's investigation. It is not clear what the president was referring to when he claimed Crowdstrike is a Ukrainian company; one of its cofounders was born in Moscow.)

• The President told Zelenskyy that he would be sending his personal lawyer, former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani, to Ukraine soon and requested that Zelenskyy meet with him. Zelenskyy reluctantly agreed that, if Giuliani traveled to Ukraine, he would see him.

• The President raised the case of Burisma Holdings, Hunter Biden's role in the company, and former Vice President Biden's role in setting Ukraine policy. The President urged Zelenskyy to [end page 1] investigate the Bidens and stated that Giuliani would discuss this topic further with Zelenskyy during his trip to Kyiv.

• The President urged Zelenskyy not to fire Ukrainian Prosecutor General Yuriy Lutsenko, who the President claimed was doing a good job. (Note: Lutsenko has spearheaded various politicized investigations, including on Burisma Holdings and alleged "Ukrainian interference" in the 2016 U.S. presidential election. Lutsenko is widely reviled in Ukraine, and Zelenskyy has pledged to fire him but has been unable to secure approval from the legislature.)

• The President stated that he wanted Attorney General William Barr to speak with Zelenskyy as soon as possible. (Note: It was not clear whether this conversation was to be in reference to Crowdstrike or the investigations of the Bidens.)

• The President reiterated his concern that Zelenskyy was surrounded by people who were enemies of the President, including "bad oligarchs."

The President did not raise security assistance. According to the official, Zelenskyy demurred in response to most of the President's requests.

I did not review a transcript or written notes, but the official informed me that they exist.

• The standard White House practice for Presidential-level phone calls with world leaders is for the White House Situation Room to produce a word-for-word electronic transcript that memorializes the call. The transcript is typically then circulated to key White House officials to be transformed into a formal memorandum that is distributed as an eyes-only document, to the Secretary of State, Secretary of Defense, and Director of the CIA.

• In this case, the official told me that such a transcript had indeed been produced and was being treated very sensitively, in hard copy only. Moreover, several additional senior White House officials listened to the entire phone call in an adjacent room in the Situation Room suite and they presumably took written notes on the call.

• The official did not know whether the President was aware that other people were listening and that the call was being transcribed. The official also was not certain whether anyone else was in the Oval Office with the President during the call.

• On the Ukrainian side, it is unclear who listened to the call or whether a record was produced.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/the-whi...ews-exclusive/
    Brookie likes this.

czb

hardcopy only? seriously? how does that happen? do people still do that?

Source: Raw Story

Lindsey Graham demands GOPers sign Trump loyalty oath because impeachment ‘is about to destroy this nation’

Published 6 hours ago on October 9, 2019

By David Edwards

Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC) on Wednesday tried to derail the possible impeachment of President Donald Trump by asking Senate Republicans to sign a loyalty oath.

“I’m going to ask my colleagues in the Senate — Republicans — to sign a letter saying we do not believe the transcript of the phone call between the president and the Ukraine is an impeachable offense,” Graham told Fox News.

According to the South Carolina Republican, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and Democrats “are about to destroy the nation for no good reason.”

“I want Nancy Pelosi to know Republican senators are not going to impeach this president based on this transcript,” he added. “She can stop now before she destroys the country.”

Watch the video below from Fox News.

Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Trump on the Kurds: "They didn't help us in the Second World War, they didn't help us with Normandy." He says they're only interested in fighting for "their land." He adds, "With all of that being said, we like the Kurds.

Trump says he goes to Dover Air Force base to greet slain soldiers "when I can." Telling a detailed story, he says that families smile when they see him and thank him for coming, and he thought they were taking the death "so well," but then the coffin comes and they "scream."

Trump is now talking about a soldier who had his nose rebuilt after it was in "a thousand pieces." He says the soldier said his face was in "a thousand fragments, but I don't know if that's even possible." He says he told the soldier that he has a better face than Trump's own.

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1182032974633680896

^Holy shit. He's a mess.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

He was talking about driving on the wrong side of the road.

Trump defends diplomat's wife who killed teenage Briton in crash: 'We've all done it'

https://twitter.com/Independent/stat...33571281801216

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a9149746.html
    Sunnygirl, fgg and Honeythorn like this.

He's only gone to Dover once and he then said that he would not go back because it was too hard.

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/11...608871938?s=20
    Brookie and Honeythorn like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ShimmeringGlow View Post

Trump defends diplomat's wife who killed teenage Briton in crash: 'We've all done it'

We are reading the same things! I just saw the video clip where he makes this bizarre statement. He’s been sniffing his way thru this whole press conference too. And I want to make a point by saying, those from the UK don’t call it driving on the wrong side of the road, they call it the correct side of the road (this is my annoyance with Trump, not you ShimmeringGlow). Just because we don’t do it, doesn’t make it wrong.

https://mobile.twitter.com/atrupar/s...45443800358912
    Kittylady and Honeythorn like this.
    Until the end of time. I'll be there for you. You own my heart and mind. I truly adore you
    -Prince Rogers Nelson

The Kurds being bombed by Turkey is really making me sick. I talked to my cousin last night who was stationed on the border for a couple of years and he's upset because he is trying to reach his Kurdish soldier friends and can't.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    The Kurds being bombed by Turkey is really making me sick. I talked to my cousin last night who was stationed on the border for a couple of years and he's upset because he is trying to reach his Kurdish soldier friends and can't.

I concur. Only a total coward and draft-dodger like Cadet BoneSpurs would do something so cruel and callous as this. I honestly don’t know how a single soldier or military vet could continue to support such stolen valor. Kapernick is a traitor because he kneeled during a song. This fat fuck essentially murders our allies who’ve put their lives on the line to protect our troops and thinks he deserves a Nobel Peace Prize.
    Until the end of time. I'll be there for you. You own my heart and mind. I truly adore you
    -Prince Rogers Nelson

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by czb View Post
    hardcopy only? seriously? how does that happen? do people still do that?
    Only when its something that might need to go through a shredder reeeeeally fast.

Quote Originally Posted by ShimmeringGlow View Post

Oh, the same woman who didn't have diplomatic immunity until AFTER she'd killed this young man and needed to skip?

I wouldn't have expected any less from this POS.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

I just watched this and Steven Moore gets his ass handed to him on international tv by Al Jazeera. I was skeptical at first but they do a good job a putting a well balanced interview together with a panel of US counter parts. It looks like the WH sent Steven on a world tour to attempt to salvage Trump’s reputation but he ends up looking like a total fool. He even laughs at one point when the host called him out on lie after lie. Here are my favorite comments from Stevie:

Trump is very intelligent and I believe he has an IQ of 180.

Trump deserves a Nobel Prize for Economic for creating this great economy

All in all, a fantastical fantasy-land created by Steven Moore, the Supreme Leader of delusional sell-outs who’s on a quest to continue to prop up as along as he can, this drug- addled adult diaper wearing human Spam Log.

greysfang likes this.
    -Prince Rogers Nelson

Normandy?
    Honeythorn and Nevan like this.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnygirl View Post
    I just watched this and Steven Moore gets his ass handed to him on international tv by Al Jazeera. I was skeptical at first but they do a good job a putting a well balanced interview together with a panel of US counter parts. It looks like the WH sent Steven on a world tour to attempt to salvage Trump’s reputation but he ends up looking like a total fool. He even laughs at one point when the host called him out on lie after lie. Here are my favorite comments from Stevie:

Trump is very intelligent and I believe he has an IQ of 180.

Trump deserves a Nobel Prize for Economic for creating this great economy

All in all, a fantastical fantasy-land created by Steven Moore, the Supreme Leader of delusional sell-outs who’s on a quest to continue to prop up as along as he can, this drug- addled adult diaper wearing human Spam Log.

I wasn’t sure I wanted to make the commitment to watch this video, but I’m glad I did. This host is amazing. He should moderate the debates.
    Sunnygirl and Nevan like this.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

That video was glorious to watch. This is what the US media should have been doing all along to The Dotard and his sycophantic minions, starting way back in 2015. Maybe if they had we would not be saddled with this dipshit administration today. US media is spineless, and practically useless.

Thread Information