Page 23 of 221 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373123 ... LastLast
Like Tree7148Likes

Thread: James Comey & the Giant Impeach:The eternal saga of 45 the Cheeto Christ Stupid Czar

I was outside of a grocery store this weekend fundraising with my kid for scouting. A very nice couple donated money to my kid - didn't want any product - they were so kind, talked to her, asked her questions, donated $$. The whole time all I could think was, "WTF are you doing wearing a MAGA (not the red ones) hat and supporting Trump when you're so generous?" I wanted to shake the man, "Wake up!!"

Right there is my liberal bias because I know these MAGA hat wearing people are just like you and me, just somehow they've bought into something and they can't see their way out. They don't even have to be liberal just use some critical thinking.
    Novice and louiswinthorpe111 like this.

See I don't think they are like us (me) at all - there has to be something seriously askew with someone who can have known and read about Trump since the 80s, looked at his tweets, heard him attempt to speak, see the impact of his only legislative "accomplishment" tax give-away, pay an cursory attention tot he impact of his trade policies on American farmers (and watch him give $280B or so of tax-payer money, while also sticking us with the cost of tariffs) and say that's they guy for me, those are the values that are important to me. It's just not possible for me to reconcile any of that - and notice I didn't even have to get to the gaslighting and lying.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

The girl scouts should sell MAGAlongs - brain-flavored cookies for the red-hat crowd.

Interesting....

Republican Sen. Rob Portman 'readily acknowledged' that Trump should not have asked the Ukraine or China for help investigating Biden. Portman said a bipartisan group like the Senate Intelligence Committee could look into the allegations surrounding Trump.

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/sta...75583801692172

Sens. Romney and Murphy: "Barring a reversal of this decision, the Admin must come before the Senate Foreign Relations Cmte. and explain to the American people how betraying an ally and ceding influence to terrorists and adversaries is not disastrous for our national security."

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/sta...66717797949442

Wait...the Pentagon is disputing Trump's decision?

#Breaking US defense official to VOA - “The US does not endorse Turkish military action in northern #Syria & any reporting that says otherwise is inaccurate. The Secretary will be reaching out to affected allies today..There is still work to be done in the fight against #ISIS "

https://twitter.com/CarlaBabbVOA/sta...24954496462848

Brookie likes this.

He's even lost Pat Robertson!

https://www.mediaite.com/trump/pat-r...syria-pullout/

Televangelist Pat Robertson has joined the chorus of conservative criticslambasting President Donald Trump’s decision to pull U.S. forces out of Northern Syria — endangering America’s Kurdish allies.
    Trump was slammed by many of his usual defenders on Monday after the White House announced that the president is going along with a military operation Turkish forces will conduct in Northern Syria. The idea is Turkey will assume responsibility for all ISIS fighters captured in the region, many of whom were detained by Kurdish forces allied with America. The Turkish government views these Kurdish militias as terrorists in spite of the credit they’ve received for assisting U.S. anti-ISIS campaigns.
    Trump shot back at his critics on Twitter by defending his position while promising that “if Turkey does anything that I, in my great and unmatched wisdom, consider to be off limits, I will totally destroy and obliterate the Economy of Turkey.” In any case, Robertson said he was “absolutely appalled” by the pullout, warning that Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan is a “thug” and a “dictator.”
    “To say he’s an ally of America is nonsense. He’s in for himself,” said the 700 Clubhost. “The President, who allowed [Jamal] Khashoggi to be cut in pieces without any repercussions whatsoever, is now allowing the Christians and the Kurds to be massacred by the Turks.”
    Kittylady likes this.

I think our brains need a break from watching our current POTUS destroy our democracy and our county in one fell swoop. It’s time for a daily dose of “The Hall of Past Presidents”

Here is Dubba-ya sitting with Ellen at a Cowboys Football game.

+5

Ellen DeGeneres and George W. Bush sat next to one another at the Dallas Cowboys game on Sunday, and viewers had a lot to say about the unlikely duo

Shortly after they were displayed during a Fox broadcast, several viewers took to social media to express their mixed feelings about Bush and DeGeneres sitting together

Bless Carter’s big heart. He fell AGAIN but still made his commitment to Habitat for Humanity. JFK, just put him on office right now, he’s more stable and coherent than President Adderall.

© Facebook/ NBC News

A day after suffering a fall in his Georgia home that led to stitches, 95-year-old former President Carter volunteered to help build homes for Habitat for Humanity in Tennessee.
    In footage released Monday by NBC News that went viral online, Carter could be seen getting to work on some blocks of wood with a power drill in hand at a building site in Nashville. Carter, who had fallen in Plains, Ga., the day before, wore a white bandage on his head and had a bruise over his left eye.

Until the end of time. I'll be there for you. You own my heart and mind. I truly adore you
    -Prince Rogers Nelson

President Jimmuh! Oh that poor dear. He's really incredible.

This shows you how much I don't feel like working the rest of the day. Not like me, but it's a true Monday. Don't worry, I don't own a gun.

Click on it to read better

Quote Originally Posted by Chalet View Post
    President Jimmuh! Oh that poor dear. He's really incredible.

This shows you how much I don't feel like working the rest of the day. Not like me, but it's a true Monday. Don't worry, I don't own a gun.

Click on it to read better

I’m in for a hat! I bet we need at least 25 to place an order. We could sell them at the Girl Scout booths lol.

Magats probably wouldn’t even get the joke.....

Brookie likes this.
    Until the end of time. I'll be there for you. You own my heart and mind. I truly adore you
    -Prince Rogers Nelson

Silver Member puravidacostarica's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post

Televangelist Pat Robertson has joined the chorus of conservative criticslambasting President Donald Trump’s decision to pull U.S. forces out of Northern Syria — endangering America’s Kurdish allies.
    Trump was slammed by many of his usual defenders on Monday after the White House announced that the president is going along with a military operation Turkish forces will conduct in Northern Syria. The idea is Turkey will assume responsibility for all ISIS fighters captured in the region, many of whom were detained by Kurdish forces allied with America. The Turkish government views these Kurdish militias as terrorists in spite of the credit they’ve received for assisting U.S. anti-ISIS campaigns.
    Trump shot back at his critics on Twitter by defending his position while promising that “if Turkey does anything that I, in my great and unmatched wisdom, consider to be off limits, I will totally destroy and obliterate the Economy of Turkey.” In any case, Robertson said he was “absolutely appalled” by the pullout, warning that Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan is a “thug” and a “dictator.”
    “To say he’s an ally of America is nonsense. He’s in for himself,” said the 700 Clubhost. “The President, who allowed [Jamal] Khashoggi to be cut in pieces without any repercussions whatsoever, is now allowing the Christians and the Kurds to be massacred by the Turks.”
    Somehow I can't help feeling that Trump's decision to do this (against the recommendations of the Pentagon and the State Department) came after a late night chat with Erdogan and that Erdogan said "hey, remember that phone call we had last June? We have it recorded. But do me a favor though...."
    (Upon seeing a former lover for the first time in years) "I thought I told you to wait in the car." - Tallulah Bankhead

An excerpt from a Newsweek article. Turkey is now bombing areas along the Syria and Iraq border.

"President Trump was definitely out-negotiated and only endorsed the troop withdraw to make it look like we are getting something—but we are not getting something," the National Security Council source told Newsweek. "The U.S. national security has entered a state of increased danger for decades to come because the president has no spine and that's the bottom line."

Newsweek granted the National Security Council official anonymity because they were not authorized to discuss the matter publicly. The source said it would not be surprising to see a Turkish incursion in the next 24 to 96 hours.

https://www.newsweek.com/exclusive-o...-spine-1463623

Quote Originally Posted by ShimmeringGlow View Post
    Trump wins delay in New York court fight over producing his tax returns-NBC News

Earlier Monday, a federal judge tossed the president's lawsuit that sought to block the release of his business and personal tax documents.

https://twitter.com/ChatReco/status/1181242406512914432
    that doesn’t make sense
    If the president’s law suit was tossed why is he winning?
    Quote Originally Posted by MontanaMama View Post
    See I don't think they are like us (me) at all - there has to be something seriously askew with someone who can have known and read about Trump since the 80s, looked at his tweets, heard him attempt to speak, see the impact of his only legislative "accomplishment" tax give-away, pay an cursory attention tot he impact of his trade policies on American farmers (and watch him give $280B or so of tax-payer money, while also sticking us with the cost of tariffs) and say that's they guy for me, those are the values that are important to me. It's just not possible for me to reconcile any of that - and notice I didn't even have to get to the gaslighting and lying.
    It’s the same in the UK with Brexit, farmers are amongst the most conservative, have reaped the rewards of EU payments policy, will go bust after Brexit (no deal) that makes us totally outside the EU & unable to trade with them and some of them voted for Brexit......
    Quote Originally Posted by ShimmeringGlow View Post
    Interesting....

Republican Sen. Rob Portman 'readily acknowledged' that Trump should not have asked the Ukraine or China for help investigating Biden. Portman said a bipartisan group like the Senate Intelligence Committee could look into the allegations surrounding Trump.

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/sta...75583801692172

Sens. Romney and Murphy: "Barring a reversal of this decision, the Admin must come before the Senate Foreign Relations Cmte. and explain to the American people how betraying an ally and ceding influence to terrorists and adversaries is not disastrous for our national security."

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/sta...66717797949442

Wait...the Pentagon is disputing Trump's decision?

#Breaking US defense official to VOA - “The US does not endorse Turkish military action in northern #Syria & any reporting that says otherwise is inaccurate. The Secretary will be reaching out to affected allies today..There is still work to be done in the fight against #ISIS "

https://twitter.com/CarlaBabbVOA/sta...24954496462848

of course the armed forces are against this, they know what war is unlike that draft-dodger trump.

Takes one to know one!
    MohandasKGanja likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    that doesn’t make sense
    If the president’s law suit was tossed why is he winning?
    He appealed the decision to the 2nd Circuit and they granted a temporary stay while they got ready for an expedited review of his appeal. And I guess after that, regardless of the decision, there will be an appeal to the Supreme Court.

Quote Originally Posted by puravidacostarica View Post
    Somehow I can't help feeling that Trump's decision to do this (against the recommendations of the Pentagon and the State Department) came after a late night chat with Erdogan and that Erdogan said "hey, remember that phone call we had last June? We have it recorded. But do me a favor though...."
    It could be any number of things. They go way back. https://twitter.com/ivankatrump/stat...540545?lang=en
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

He appealed the decision to the 2nd Circuit and they granted a temporary stay while they got ready for an expedited review of his appeal. And I guess after that, regardless of the decision, there will be an appeal to the Supreme Court.
    Thanks Mo!
    MohandasKGanja and Brookie like this.

Thread Information