Page 198 of 221 FirstFirst ... 98148188194195196197198199200201202208 ... LastLast
Results 2,956 to 2,970 of 3304
Like Tree7146Likes

Thread: James Comey & the Giant Impeach:The eternal saga of 45 the Cheeto Christ Stupid Czar

Quote Originally Posted by louiswinthorpe111 View Post
    Did you sign up to receive texts from them? Text laws are very strict, and if you report it as you didn't sign up for it and they find they are in violation, the fines are steep. I don't remember the exact dollar amount, but I was in shock when I heard it.
    I got so heated about the A-Rod thing, I forgot to respond to this. No, I didn't sign up for something like that. Occasionally, I get it up my ass to sign up for things I want to know more about, whether I support it or not, but I can't see myself signing up for that. I should see if I can report it.

I was at the USPS site today trying to figure out how postage works (I was confused about something) and I ended up clicking on something else and apparently the federal government has a website at coronavirus.gov. This is the picture posted on the main page of that site. Do you notice anyone in particular missing from it?

Honeythorn and Sunnygirl like this.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Judge Jeanine was drunk on the air last night.

Clip: https://twitter.com/skolanach/status/1244090296322772992?s=20

She better be careful, because Fox and Fox Business have been letting their female hosts go like crazy. (Actually, don't be careful. I fricking hate her voice and I would love for her to be gone just like Trish Regan and Kennedy.)
    wife: Why is your back all scratched up?
    [flashback to me chasing a raccoon after she told me to leave it alone]
    me: I'm having an affair (by @iwearaonesie
    on Twitter)

I read somewhere that Trump wants his signature on the stimulus checks. Ya know, so we all know that money came from HIM. I guess that won't work for those who get direct deposit.
    ikmccall likes this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

The coronavirus is the worst intelligence failure in US history

Micah Zenko

The Trump administration’s unprecedented indifference, even willful neglect, forced a catastrophic strategic surprise on to the American people.

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...-in-us-history

"The White House detachment and nonchalance during the early stages of the coronavirus outbreak will be among the most costly decisions of any modern presidency. These officials were presented with a clear progression of warnings and crucial decision points far enough in advance that the country could have been far better prepared. But the way that they squandered the gifts of foresight and time should never be forgotten, nor should the reason they were squandered: Trump was initially wrong, so his inner circle promoted that wrongness rhetorically and with inadequate policies for far too long, and even today. Americans will now pay the price for decades."

The Lost Month: How a Failure to Test Blinded the U.S. to Covid-19

Testing is the crack that split apart the rest of the response, when it should have tied everything together,” said Dr. Nahid Bhadelia, ​the medical director of the Special Pathogens Unit at Boston University School of Medicine.
    “It seeps into every other aspect of our response, touches all of us,” she said. “The delay of the testing has impacted the response across the board.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/th...19/ar-BB11Qo84

Another article showing how the Trump administration failed in the early stages of the virus spreading across the US.

My son, the 16yo know-it-all, asked me yesterday if I had heard the story about NYC "stockpiling" 40,000 ventilators that the federal government had given them. I just lit it up because I'm tired of this bullshit. I told him, no, it was in the realm of about 6,000 ventilators and NYC wasn't stockpiling them (well, not in nefarious way), they were on hand for when the virus peaks in several weeks. He rolled his eyes at me and it took all my strength to not throttle him (not literally).

I'm still trying to determine if the ventilators that are wildly in use during this time are single use vents or what. There has to be someone here that knows ... MrsDark??

I actually discussed with my son about going into political science right after this exchange. He's flip flopped (which as a 16yo, is completely fine) on being a plumber, an electrician, a mathematical engineer (which is his father's doing, and my son WILL FAIL at this, he hates math), and so on. I think he'd be really good at polisci ... he knows more about politics and world/US events than most adults I know, plus he LOVES to debate. I just have to work on his superiority complex because if you don't agree with him, he'll laugh or spit out conspiracies as fact to make his opponent feel stupid. I don't play that game and that isn't how I raised him.
    whitetigeress and Sunnygirl like this.
    "Please, I can't breathe."

We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.

Originally Posted by ShimmeringGlow
    Judge Jeanine was drunk on the air last night.

Clip: https://twitter.com/skolanach/status/1244090296322772992?s=20

I had so much fun last night reading the replies on twitter after Aaron Rupar posted this video. I watched it twice. The DF has an article today and the comments there are priceless too. Trump’s spam bots are all claiming this is fake news, LOL. What makes this story even funnier, was she was delayed starting her show “due to technical difficulties” LOL. Many of Trumps bots were repeating that she is working remotely due to COVID so she’s just a bit flustered. They are really are all dumb as rocks.

Originally Posted by Trixie
    I read somewhere that Trump wants his signature on the stimulus checks. Ya know, so we all know that money came from HIM. I guess that won't work for those who get direct deposit.

Right before my kid graduated elementary school last year, she won a Presidential Academic Award. There was a ceremony and the kids all got their signed awards and my kids comes over to me and hands me her award and she says “I wish Obama signed it.” I can’t bring myself to hang it on the wall. His signature is bigger than the font on the actual award. It’s grotesque.

Speaking of grotesque, Piglet tweeted this just one hour ago. I saw it on Rick Wilson’s twitter page. While the death toll in NYC doubles, this ditch pig is back to talking about ratings. He literally has convinced himself that his “shows” are his new rallies. Egomaniacs and addicts like Trump will get their fix during a pandemic anyway they can.

Donald J. Trump@realDonaldTrump 1h

“President Trump is a ratings hit. Since reviving the daily White House briefing Mr. Trump and his coronavirus updates have attracted an average audience of 8.5 million on cable news, roughly the viewership of the season finale of ‘The Bachelor.’ Numbers are continuing to rise...
    Until the end of time. I'll be there for you. You own my heart and mind. I truly adore you
    -Prince Rogers Nelson

A guest on msnbc today was talking about how Trump is choosing to do his daily "briefs" at around 4-5 pm, a time when most people want to watch their local news, but instead there he is so they end up watching. He knows he has mainly a captive audience. This is harming local news stations because they are losing advertising revenue every time he pre-empts them.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Real tweet:
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Why doesn't someone shuffle him off to a rubber room and let someone else take a stab at leading the country? I mean, we can keep the borders closed, but maybe Justin Trudeau could step in for a second. At this point, I might take Mike Pence and that's when I know things are shit.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

I have never come across someone in so much power that is constantly patting himself on the back (even though most of the shit he's doing this with has nothing to do with him) and I cannot tolerate someone that continuously talks about themselves in the third person.

I'm still trying to figure out what the hell happened to the Republican Party. This is not the party that I was a member of for almost 30 years. Have they all lost their backbones???

When your audience is hostage because in a lockdown and you're highjacking the local news slot, yeah, easy to have good ratings.
    Brookie and Mivvi21 like this.
    Fluctuat nec mergitur
    Paris, Nov 13th

OMG. I saw clips of today's briefing and that was wild, but then I read a summary of the entire thing and that was abnormal from beginning to end. He is obviously unwell and not able to lead the country. I mean, where to even start? With his tweet from earlier about his ratings? Or with his wild and repeated accusations that the hospital staff are stealing PPE and selling it? (He's obviously paranoid and this was right in line with dementia, but also a bit funny because he's a germaphobe and should surely understand needing to replace gloves and masks during the course of a hospital shift. Not that he's ever really worked a day in his life, let alone at a hospital.) Or the way he yelled at a reporter and claimed her question was threatening, when she was calmly trying to read him back a quote of his own words? (Of course he's anti-press, but his attack on her and his wording appeared racist to me.) I think someone or several someones pressured him HARD to make him extend the quarantine to April 30th, but those same people need to force him to resign today or invoke the 25th Amendment.

He is a danger to the public and although it's good to have people be able to see how unfit he is, he also does a LOT of damage with his words.
    ShimmeringGlow, Trixie and Mivvi21 like this.
    wife: Why is your back all scratched up?
    [flashback to me chasing a raccoon after she told me to leave it alone]
    me: I'm having an affair (by @iwearaonesie
    on Twitter)

But his base doesn't see that he's unfit. The Trump whackos that I know are still raving about all his "presidential" things and saving the country from covid-19. It's disturbing.

Thread Information