Page 191 of 221 FirstFirst ... 91141181187188189190191192193194195201 ... LastLast
Results 2,851 to 2,865 of 3304
Like Tree7146Likes

Thread: James Comey & the Giant Impeach:The eternal saga of 45 the Cheeto Christ Stupid Czar

Is no one else scared that there is a Senate swimming pool where old rich white men congregate?
    "Please, I can't breathe."

We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.

I'm imagining it's like the Cocoon pool. Bunch of old farts. But far less charming.

Sunday was so batshit Gary Busey level crazy after Pumpkin Head lumbered around the press conference rambling about his poor lost millions, about how Melania never heard him get “booed”, how his poll numbers are surging, and my fav line when a reporter told him Mitt Romney is in quarantine Raspail’s head replied “gee, that’s too bad.”

I will bet $100 bucks that today the Trump Humpers are lambasting the “DemonRats” for fighting this emergency bill, because the one that the Republicans are pushing will benefit big corporations, the airlines and the floating porta-potties aka cruise ship industries. God forbid the Dems look out for the average American and small business owners.

The worst thing from yesterday’s Shitshow, I heard that Trump is now touting on twitter he wants everything to open back up in 2 weeks, meaning he wants business back up and the shelter in place orders all lifted so he can take care of the poor billionaires who are suffering, not to mention those sad and defeated airlines and cruise ships, they need to be back up and running and actively infecting more large groups of people.
    Until the end of time. I'll be there for you. You own my heart and mind. I truly adore you
    -Prince Rogers Nelson

He can want two weeks all he wants. It's not going to happen. And if he does try to do this (because all of the other Republicans in the country have apparently become very vocal lemmings), not only will it end his re-election dreams, but the death toll will rise out of control.
    "Please, I can't breathe."

We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnygirl View Post
    Sunday was so batshit Gary Busey level crazy after Pumpkin Head lumbered around the press conference rambling about his poor lost millions, about how Melania never heard him get “booed”, how his poll numbers are surging, and my fav line when a reporter told him Mitt Romney is in quarantine Raspail’s head replied “gee, that’s too bad.”

I will bet $100 bucks that today the Trump Humpers are lambasting the “DemonRats” for fighting this emergency bill, because the one that the Republicans are pushing will benefit big corporations, the airlines and the floating porta-potties aka cruise ship industries. God forbid the Dems look out for the average American and small business owners.

The worst thing from yesterday’s Shitshow, I heard that Trump is now touting on twitter he wants everything to open back up in 2 weeks, meaning he wants business back up and the shelter in place orders all lifted so he can take care of the poor billionaires who are suffering, not to mention those sad and defeated airlines and cruise ships, they need to be back up and running and actively infecting more large groups of people.
    I really didn't think I could have him any more than I already did, but his behavior during this time has just shown how completely inept, despicable, racist, misogynistic, narcissistic and just plain stupid he is. Loathe beyond belief.
    Mivvi21 and Sunnygirl like this.

BREAKING: Dr. Fauci is warning Trump officials NOT to listen to growing push among WH advisers, GOP lawmakers to restart the economyBut Trump is alarmed by stock market & impact of high unemployment for 2020 election -- & weighing easing restrictions

https://twitter.com/JStein_WaPo/status/1242154844057714688?s=20

"If we give Trump a massive slush fund and don’t hold him accountable, we are repeating his father’s mistakes"

-Jason Kander
    https://twitter.com/JasonKander/stat...64321423147009

Quote Originally Posted by Nevan View Post
    He can want two weeks all he wants. It's not going to happen. And if he does try to do this (because all of the other Republicans in the country have apparently become very vocal lemmings), not only will it end his re-election dreams, but the death toll will rise out of control.
    Hell, half the Senate will probably have it by then.
    Sunnygirl likes this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Quote Originally Posted by tulip View Post
    I really didn't think I could have him any more than I already did, but his behavior during this time has just shown how completely inept, despicable, racist, misogynistic, narcissistic and just plain stupid he is. Loathe beyond belief.
    I want to know who in the hell is giving this asshole good ratings? ABC News just announced they did a 2nd poll and Trump is getting 55% approval ratings? Wtf? They did it TWICE to be sure. I am dumbfounded. When this virus starts killing off his base and they still think he’s the greatest president they’ve every experienced in their life, then they all need to be committed.

My husband just found out the virus has infected his office of 500 employees. One person had been confirmed so far, which means we are potential carriers now.
    Until the end of time. I'll be there for you. You own my heart and mind. I truly adore you
    -Prince Rogers Nelson

Trump is holding another Gary Busey fan club meeting AKA press briefing. He’s late as usual. Supposed to start at 5:30 pm eastern time.
    Brookie and C_is_for_Cookie like this.
    -Prince Rogers Nelson

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnygirl View Post
    I want to know who in the hell is giving this asshole good ratings? ABC News just announced they did a 2nd poll and Trump is getting 55% approval ratings? Wtf? They did it TWICE to be sure. I am dumbfounded. When this virus starts killing off his base and they still think he’s the greatest president they’ve every experienced in their life, then they all need to be committed.

My husband just found out the virus has infected his office of 500 employees. One person had been confirmed so far, which means we are potential carriers now.
    My sister is a conservative. Not a Trumper. However, she's softened on him since he started these daily briefings. She is looking to him for leadership. That could be what's happening. He does have some people that are up there and have some expertise. I think despite what he says, he's looking better because he has some people with medical knowledge speaking. That's the only thing I can figure out. I feel like he's completely failing because bottom line, he'll do whatever it takes to look good. He doesn't care about really helping people.
    Sunnygirl likes this.

czb

i've seen his press conferences.

yeah, he says some positive things but unfortunately, they are not based in reality. the anti-malaria drug that he talked about yesterday?today, gilead is limiting access because they are overwhelmed. and oh yeah, the drug may not work. but whatevs.

https://www.fiercepharma.com/pharma/...mrkid=49840753

Since the early days of the current coronavirus outbreak, Gilead Sciences’ experimental antiviral drug remdesivir has been hailed as a leading hope. That halo has apparently overwhelmed the Big Biotech.

Gilead has temporarily stopped granting patients emergency access to remdesivir under compassionate use due to an “exponential increase” in requests over the last few days, the company said Sunday. Exceptions will be made to pregnant women and children under 18 with severe COVID-19, the disease caused by the novel coronavirus.
    The spike of COVID-19 cases in Europe and the U.S. “flooded an emergency treatment access system that was set up for very limited access to investigational medicines and never intended for use in response to a pandemic,” it said.

SURVEY

Veeva 2020 Unified Clinical Operations Survey

We believe you have the knowledge and expertise to make this year's Veeva 2020 Clinical Operations Report even more robust and insightful than the last. Please take a moment to share your opinion in this 10-minute survey. All qualified respondents will be entered to win a $500 Amazon gift card.

TAKE THE SURVEY
    As the company works to process previously approved requests, it’s devising expanded access programs for widespread treatment use, pivoting away from the current individual patient pathway.
    “This approach will both accelerate access to remdesivir for severely ill patients and enable the collection of data from all participating patients,” Gilead said. It added that these programs are under “rapid development” with regulators worldwide, though exact timelines remain unclear.
    RELATED: Biopharma's leading treatment hopes against COVID-19
    Remdesivir was originally designed to tackle Ebola by inhibiting an enzyme called RNA polymerase that’s used by many viruses to replicate, though it never succeeded in that indication. In a 2017 Science Translational Medicine study, scientist found the med could also kill SARS and MERS—two other coronaviruses that caused deadly outbreaks in the 21st century—in lab dishes.
    The World Health Organization (WHO) has called remdesivir the “most promising” treatment against the new pathogen since early February, when the virus was quickly spreading in China. “There’s only one drug right now that we think may have real efficacy. And that’s remdesivir,” Bruce Aylward, head of WHO’s COVID-19 mission in China, said last month.
    Hopes in the drug shot up further after news of the recovery of the first U.S. patient after treatment with it a couple of weeks ago. But perhaps the tipping point for Gilead came after President Donald Trump highlighted the drug—alongside standard malaria drug chloroquine—as promising treatments against the virus during a press conference Thursday.
    In a statement on Thursday, the FDA said it had allowed about 250 patients access to remdesivir through the compassionate use program.
    RELATED: Trump talks drug progress amid COVID-19 pandemic, but FDA chief Hahn urges caution
    Interests in the med are obviously shared across the Pacific. Chinese scientists have already initiated two clinical trials of remdesivir in mild to moderate and severe COVID-19 patients, with early results expected in April. The National Institutes of Health’s National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases is running a study, and Gilead itself is also testing the drug’s anti-COVID-19 effect in two clinical trials.
    “Enrollment in clinical trials is the primary way to access remdesivir to generate critical data that inform the appropriate use of this investigational medicine,” Gilead said in its Sunday statement. But it recognized that many severely ill patients won’t be able to get into clinical trials.
    Compassionate use provides a pathway for patients to gain access to an investigational drug outside of clinical trials when no alternative effective therapies are available. Under these programs set up by drugmakers, three categories exist, according to the FDA guidelines.
    Before the suspension, Gilead’s remdesivir appeared to be offered to individual patients for emergency use. This requires the FDA and drugmaker to review each patient’s case. Now, with “overwhelming demand” amid the quick spread of SARS-CoV-2, Gilead’s apparently turning to expanded access by a large population. It said the new program, once initiated, will have “a similar expected timeframe that any new requests for compassionate use would have been processed.”
    RELATED: AbbVie's HIV drug Kaletra stumbles in COVID-19 trial, but one analyst begs to differ
    Other than remdesivir and chloroquine, researchers and physicians are also looking at other existing drugs to treat COVID-19. These include AbbVie’s HIV combo therapy Kaletra (Aluvia), which just failed a clinical study in China in critically ill patients. Chinese authorities, which have been dealing with the virus longer, are also recommending an influenza med called Arbidol (umifenovir) that’s not approved in Western countries, old antiviral ribavirin and interferon-alpha. And Fujifilm’s flu drug Avigan (favipiravir) has also shown promise in the clinic, according to Chinese officials.
    Roche is testing its arthritis drug Actemra’s ability to rein in the potentially deadly inflammatory response called cytokine storm observed in severe COVID-19 patients, just as Sanofi and Regeneron are running clinical trials of their rival IL-6 inhibitor Kevzara in the same setting.

Quote Originally Posted by tulip View Post
    My sister is a conservative. Not a Trumper. However, she's softened on him since he started these daily briefings. She is looking to him for leadership. That could be what's happening. He does have some people that are up there and have some expertise. I think despite what he says, he's looking better because he has some people with medical knowledge speaking. That's the only thing I can figure out. I feel like he's completely failing because bottom line, he'll do whatever it takes to look good. He doesn't care about really helping people.
    I am forcing myself to watch these briefing but they are so painful. It’s like Trump is getting all his intel whispered in his ear by a passing mental patient. My husband and I keep looking at each other like, is he well?, what drugs is he on?, when is a real person going to step up a and grab the mic away? He pulled Fauci from these briefing because Trump is tired of hearing the truth that hurts his precious stock market. He refuses to do social distancing at the podium and making everyone stand close to him. That woman Dr. Deborah Birx who is on this lame task force all of a sudden announces at the end of briefing she’s had a fever all weekend while she’s stood crammed on stage with everyone else like sardines. A fever!!!! She then tried to backtrack and say, I think it’s a stomach virus, HUH? She’s as batshit crazy as Pence I am gathering. Trump morphed into Rally Trump and started the accordion hands. He rambled about all sorts of nonsense how he’s a wartime president and is gonna fight this “invisible virus” like it’s ISIS or some shit. He’s not going to close down the US for much longer. He keeps saying “I am not going to make this cure worse than the virus” In Trump speak, that means he NOT going to lose anymore of HiS money and will open back up for business before its deemed safe by Fauci.

What I am learning about Munuchin is, this “plan” the Dems don’t want to sign is riddled with loopholes where he can give boatloads of money to anyone he sees fit and he can do this secretly where no one can know who is benefiting from these hand outs. My guess is this is to hide all of Trump’s handouts he’s desperate to get his grimy hands on. He’s not only supporting all his kids, but their significant others and his in-laws.

I am hearing many UPS and Amazon drivers are working sick with virus symptoms so all the supplies we are getting mailed to our house are probably covered with the virus. China is now seeing a 2nd wave of infections coming from Chinese people who are picking up the virus abroad (outside of China) then bringing it back home and getting sick and passing the virus on with a 2nd strain.
    -Prince Rogers Nelson

Sunnygirl likes this.
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

Quote Originally Posted by czb View Post
    i've seen his press conferences.

yeah, he says some positive things but unfortunately, they are not based in reality. the anti-malaria drug that he talked about yesterday?today, gilead is limiting access because they are overwhelmed. and oh yeah, the drug may not work. but whatevs.

Remdesivir isn't the anti-malaria drug, it's a failed Ebola drug that's shown promise with SARS and MERS.

Chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine are the malaria drugs. They are old so their patents are expired.
    Dear Buddha, please bring me a pony and a plastic rocket...

Thread Information