Page 178 of 221 FirstFirst ... 78128168174175176177178179180181182188 ... LastLast
Results 2,656 to 2,670 of 3304
Like Tree7148Likes

Thread: James Comey & the Giant Impeach:The eternal saga of 45 the Cheeto Christ Stupid Czar

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnygirl View Post
    Most Useless President. Most useless First Lady. Just ship these two dead beats off to Anthrax Island and put Ronald McDonald in charge. At least it would be a step up.
    We'd have better quality hamberders.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    Ok, so someone school me and correct me on this, because I am admittedly not a politics follower, but Biden seems like a lame duck. Like he was content to play wingman to Barack because he doesn't really have the charisma, background, *speaking skills* (I've been watching those horrible speeches where he bumbles all over the place) to get that far in politics on his own merits. Even now, he's using his Obama association to win black votes.

I mean, whatever I'll vote for him if he gets the Dem nomination, but he is not inspiring as a candidate just because he and the first black pres were BFFs.
    He was Chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee. So, he knows a lot about geopolitics. He was Chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee -- knows the arcane rules regarding nomination and confirmation of Supreme Court Justices. He was a working lawyer and public defender. He got strong armed on Clarence Thomas confirmation, though.

He knows a ton of people in Congress and "was" on good terms with people across the aisle until it became clear that he would probably become the presumptive Democratic nominee. Exactly what happened with Hillary Clinton.

He has had a long history of getting a little loose with some facts and properly attributing his quotes. In one case, it ended his presidential campaign. I was a speech student at UMCP in the 1980's when Biden's campaign was going down in flames for stealing part of a speech from famous politician Neil Kinnock. However, this is politics -- it's not like plagiarizing on your master's thesis.

Finally, I don't think Biden actually wanted to run for President at all this time. I think that the powers that be convinced him he would be the unity candidate for the Democrats and would be the most recognizable, supportable, and palatable name in the field. Which has turned out to be accurate. I think there are some problems with his temper and popping off lately. But by comparison with DJT. And with probably two SSC justices at stake? Bring on the F bombs, motherf*cker!

Quote Originally Posted by czb View Post
    ^^^ agree. but the bar is LOW.
    It’s like there’s not even a bar anymore

Quote Originally Posted by tulip View Post
    I get more done hour of my day than the Pres does all day. He does absolutely nothing.
    I get more done on a freaking Sunday than he does during his “work day”
    Novice likes this.
    Fluctuat nec mergitur
    Paris, Nov 13th

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    Ok, so someone school me and correct me on this, because I am admittedly not a politics follower, but Biden seems like a lame duck. Like he was content to play wingman to Barack because he doesn't really have the charisma, background, *speaking skills* (I've been watching those horrible speeches where he bumbles all over the place) to get that far in politics on his own merits. Even now, he's using his Obama association to win black votes.

I mean, whatever I'll vote for him if he gets the Dem nomination, but he is not inspiring as a candidate just because he and the first black pres were BFFs.
    Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    He was Chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee. So, he knows a lot about geopolitics. He was Chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee -- knows the arcane rules regarding nomination and confirmation of Supreme Court Justices. He was a working lawyer and public defender. He got strong armed on Clarence Thomas confirmation, though.

He knows a ton of people in Congress and "was" on good terms with people across the aisle until it became clear that he would probably become the presumptive Democratic nominee. Exactly what happened with Hillary Clinton.

He has had a long history of getting a little loose with some facts and properly attributing his quotes. In one case, it ended his presidential campaign. I was a speech student at UMCP in the 1980's when Biden's campaign was going down in flames for stealing part of a speech from famous politician Neil Kinnock. However, this is politics -- it's not like plagiarizing on your master's thesis.

Finally, I don't think Biden actually wanted to run for President at all this time. I think that the powers that be convinced him he would be the unity candidate for the Democrats and would be the most recognizable, supportable, and palatable name in the field. Which has turned out to be accurate. I think there are some problems with his temper and popping off lately. But by comparison with DJT. And with probably two SSC justices at stake? Bring on the F bombs, motherf*cker!
    I've said before, he's not my dream candidate. And I agree with Mo, I really don't think he wanted to run. He knew his time had passed, but as the voting so far has shown, he may be the only one who can defeat Trump. I frankly don't care if he's riding on Obama's coattails or using his name recognition, somebody has to get Trump the hell out, and if he can do it, I'm all for it. None of the other younger candidates caught on enough, and I think he would have been happy to bow out if that was the case, but here we are. Once again, Bernie is the spoiler, but this time it seems people aren't voting for him as an anti-Hillary statement, so I think he's pretty much done. I hope Joe picks a strong VP who can carry on, because let's face it, he's a one-term guy. And I'm fine with that. (And Bernie would be a one-term guy too for that matter.)

Also, Joe is a stutterer, he's fought that his entire life, it's no secret and might explain why he doesn't always come across that well in speeches/debates.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Silver Member puravidacostarica's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ShimmeringGlow View Post

Is *THIS* the dinner at which Donald breaks the news to Mike Pence that he won't be his running mate in November?
    twitchy2.0, tulip, Brookie and 1 others like this.
    (Upon seeing a former lover for the first time in years) "I thought I told you to wait in the car." - Tallulah Bankhead

I never liked grinning Joe Biden. He was always smiling at odd moments like he wanted everyone to notice his white teeth. Whatever, I'll vote for him because anyone is better than the vile creature we have now defiling the WH. I have been on record saying that Trump was going to steal the election, but I was encouraged by the turnout on Super Tuesday. I just want him gone. Gone!
    Trixie, HWBL and C_is_for_Cookie like this.

Silver Member

I never liked grinning Joe Biden. He was always smiling at odd moments like he wanted everyone to notice his white teeth. Whatever, I'll vote for him because anyone is better than the vile creature we have now defiling the WH. I have been on record saying that Trump was going to steal the election, but I was encouraged by the turnout on Super Tuesday. I just want him gone. Gone!
    This article really gives me real hope.

Michigan Romp Shows Biden Could Rebuild Democrats’ ‘Blue Wall’ vs. Trump

https://www.politico.com/news/magazi...s-trump-125489
    Trixie and C_is_for_Cookie like this.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by puravidacostarica View Post
    Is *THIS* the dinner at which Donald breaks the news to Mike Pence that he won't be his running mate in November?
    Ha! No, not yet. He's going to wait until he can blame the coronavirus on Pence, then he'll swap him out for Nikki Haley.
    twitchy2.0 likes this.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by tulip View Post
    Ha! No, not yet. He's going to wait until he can blame the coronavirus on Pence, then he'll swap him out for Nikki Haley.
    Or Ivanka...
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

I'm trying to imagine the conversation between Melania and Mother Pence at dinner. What could they possibly talk about?
    Sunnygirl likes this.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by Patty Rox View Post
    I'm trying to imagine the conversation between Melania and Mother Pence at dinner. What could they possibly talk about?
    I don't think they'd talk at all. Melania would be busy wishing for impending widowhood while trying to remember the lines to her plagiarised after dinner conversation and Mother Pence would be too busy cutting Mike's meal into manageable pieces.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Trump is seething over having to work with Pelosi on a coronavirus response, according to The Daily Beast. Among other things, the president fears that the House Speaker would use a private meeting to try and embarrass him.

https://pbs.twimg.com/card_img/12378...jpg&name=small

https://mobile.twitter.com/kylegriff...92331958726660

Quote Originally Posted by Brookie View Post
    We'd have better quality hamberders.
    “Only the best ‘berders”

Kittylady and C_is_for_Cookie like this.
    Until the end of time. I'll be there for you. You own my heart and mind. I truly adore you
    -Prince Rogers Nelson

We’ve got downer Trump reading teleprompter for his COVID19 speech. Sounds good for him. He’s so freaking orange though. If you look at his face and compare to the yellow curtains behind him, it’s really noticeable. The photo over his shoulder of him and Ivanka????? None of his #BeBest First Lady Prostitute.
    tulip and Brookie like this.
    Until the end of time. I'll be there for you. You own my heart and mind. I truly adore you
    -Prince Rogers Nelson

C-Span got the clown cursing...

https://twitter.com/knoweyedentity/status/1237910275946405888?s=20

Thread Information