Page 175 of 221 FirstFirst ... 75125165171172173174175176177178179185 ... LastLast
Results 2,611 to 2,625 of 3304
Like Tree7148Likes

Thread: James Comey & the Giant Impeach:The eternal saga of 45 the Cheeto Christ Stupid Czar

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnygirl View Post
    ^^I forgot to add to my last post that the US is NOT testing really anyone so we have no clue the real numbers. And there are rumors Trump is blocking the testing because he canít handle the bad press regarding more cases. So in his drug addled mind, if we donít test and document the number infected itís like they donít really exist! I am certain this is his game plan and he is pressuring everyone to suppress the real numbers.

Anyone watch 60 minutes last night? I am curious what your opinion is of Fiona Hillís interview. She is spinning HARD for Trump and I believe she is receiving death threats to stay in line. Itís truly frightening what is going to cater to Trumpís ego. We are literally killing tax paying Americans to coddle this man-baby.
    Like when Trump said he didn't want the cruise people to disembark in the US because our numbers would rise.

I have to be honest, I'm a little confused about how bad this really is. I'm watching the news now and they are talking about shutting businesses, gatherings etc. How can we be there when we have no idea how widespread this is and we don't have the means to test them. This is all so incredibly bizarre. I don't know whether to worry or not. Part of me feels like this is getting ridiculously overblown and another part of me is worried I'm not worried enough.

I wouldn't mind this issue sinking Trump, but then not having it be too horrible for the population. Can I have my cake and eat it too?
    C_is_for_Cookie and Trixie like this.

Silver Member puravidacostarica's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kittylady View Post
    Out of curiosity I Googled Female Heads of State. The list is very, very long and the US is conspicuously absent. Even countries that are considered to be quite conservative have had/have female leaders, but the Land of the Free still seems to prefer their womenfolk to simply stand there silently waving and smiling rather than being in charge.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...and_government

I had hoped that Hillary would break the chain of (99% white) male dominance but that wasn't to be. I hoped the same for Elizabeth Warren too but now she's gone and I doubt either Sanders or Biden would be open to the idea of appointing a female Vice President should their bids be successful.
    Even in Central American countries like COSTA RICA! where machismo can sometimes make you roll your eyes right out of your head.
    (Upon seeing a former lover for the first time in years) "I thought I told you to wait in the car." - Tallulah Bankhead

Quote Originally Posted by tulip View Post
    Like when Trump said he didn't want the cruise people to disembark in the US because our numbers would rise.

I have to be honest, I'm a little confused about how bad this really is. I'm watching the news now and they are talking about shutting businesses, gatherings etc. How can we be there when we have no idea how widespread this is and we don't have the means to test them. This is all so incredibly bizarre. I don't know whether to worry or not. Part of me feels like this is getting ridiculously overblown and another part of me is worried I'm not worried enough.

I wouldn't mind this issue sinking Trump, but then not having it be too horrible for the population. Can I have my cake and eat it too?
    I am on the same page. I am staying calm but I am so distrustful of our President that I cannot decide what is fact and what is hype so I am trying to get lots of different opinions and finding a happy medium. My husband is starting to panic and wants to cancel everything since we have an 11 year old who has a compromised fragile immune system so he is stressing me the hell out. Thom Hartman has a great podcast and he just did an entire episode on the coronavirus that was very well done that I recommend. My close friend and neighbor who was born and raised in Italy and now married to an American, is a dual citizen and is from the infected zone in Italy and I can relay that what is going on there is no hoax and itís the real deal. Sheís been in contact with her sister and mom and a lot of people are very scared. All the schools are closed there. We just got a phone call from my kids school thatís said any child with a sniffle or cough will not be allowed in school. My brother who works at Sonoma State University just received a system wide communication today that if the school has just one confirmed case, they are closing the school and cancelling all classes and events. The three things that leave me on edge, the clusters of outbreaks where the mortality rate is very high like 7%. The fact the US is not actively testing anyone. The fact we have cases where they have no idea how it was contracted and that we donít know the true incubation period and that it can live on surfaces for over a week. These are the things that make me very, very uneasy.
    tulip likes this.
    Until the end of time. I'll be there for you. You own my heart and mind. I truly adore you
    -Prince Rogers Nelson

There is a live conavirus briefing right now, from the Funeral Fetus Guy in charge, VP Mike Pence.
    Until the end of time. I'll be there for you. You own my heart and mind. I truly adore you
    -Prince Rogers Nelson

Regarding the lack of testing, remember the doctor I mentioned last week who said this will start as a scandal and end as a coverup.....

Silver Member

Truer words never spoken.

https://www.esquire.com/news-politic...irus-response/

"How in godís name can anyone vote for four more years of this, four more years of a choleric fatburg of a man who calls a press conference about a global health emergency and asks a reporter for Fox News how the ratings were for his last town hall? How does that man carry a precinct, let alone a state, let alone the country?"

Manu Raju (@mkraju) Tweeted:
    Asked Pelosi if she thinks Trump should be tested after his interactions with Doug Collins and Matt Gaetz.
    Pelosi: “Tested for what?”
    me: coronavirus
    Pelosi: “Oh, I thought he should be tested for a long time now.”
    And she walked off https://twitter.com/mkraju/status/12...118940672?s=20

Wow, the sheer poetic justice that fuckface Gaetz whoís number 2 behind Don Jr. in his quest to get Trumpís undivided love & attention, could be the guy who infected Trump with The coronavirus. We all knew CPAC was full of grubby viruses, but who knew they were the real contagious kind.

I watched the joke of a press conference that Pence just headed. Trump lumbers off stage and a journalist yells ďPresident Trump have you been tested?Ē He ignored and leaves thru the door. So the next journo directs the question to Pence. He has a dumb stare on his face, doesnít answer so journo asks ďhave you been tested?Ē Of course he says ďwell, no I have not.Ē Then says he will look into finding out about whether Trump plans to get tested. Then the journos say ďeven after there are known carriers who attended CPAC, the president has not gotten tested?Ē Crickets. Itís was all such a fucking pathetic disaster.
    -Prince Rogers Nelson

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    Is she still employed by these people?
    from Wikipedia:

She was appointed, in the first quarter of 2017, by President Donald Trump as Deputy Assistant to the President and Senior Director for European and Russian Affairs on his National Security Council staff,[8][6][9] resigned her position on July 19, 2019,[10] and returned to the Brookings Institutionin 2020.
    -Prince Rogers Nelson

Gold Member

Ironically, we are covering federalism and the prevention of tyranny is my Poli Sci class. Maybe not in the same vein, but the bullshit hits the mark.
    twitchy2.0 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnygirl View Post
    from Wikipedia:

She was appointed, in the first quarter of 2017, by President Donald Trump as Deputy Assistant to the President and Senior Director for European and Russian Affairs on his National Security Council staff,[8][6][9] resigned her position on July 19, 2019,[10] and returned to the Brookings Institutionin 2020.
    Well, if she is holding back, I don't know why that would be.

Well, if she is holding back, I don't know why that would be.
    she has been getting death threats so that could be her reason for that. Something was off about her interview and her answers not making much sense. I want to watch it again more closely since I was cooking dinner and it was playing in background.
    -Prince Rogers Nelson

Regarding the lack of testing, remember the doctor I mentioned last week who said this will start as a scandal and end as a coverup.....

And what about everybody who's uninsured in the US?
    Are they expected to pay to get tested, and then what if they test positive? Are they just supposed to stop working and getting an income?
    This is what frightens me, here in Sweden, if we have to be off work, we still get 80% of our salary. I mean right now, my school is even paying for us to stay home and livestream our lessons! But what when people just can't afford the medical bills and being off sick?
    Fluctuat nec mergitur
    Paris, Nov 13th

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Pixie View Post
    And what about everybody who's uninsured in the US?
    The government is refusing to answer that question. I saw that video of the press briefing, and they just walked out of the room as reporters asked.
    Kittylady, Honeythorn and Nevan like this.
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

fgg

Trump Campaign Chief Is Funneling Pay To Eric Trump's Wife, Don Jr.'s Girlfriend: Report

President Donald Trump’s campaign manager is quietly channeling money to Eric Trump’s wife, Lara Trump, and Donald Trump Jr.’s girlfriend, Kimberly Guilfoyle, The New York Times reported Monday.

The payments are hidden from public view because they’re made through campaign manager Brad Parscale’s private company, Parscale Strategy, based in San Antonio, sources told the Times. Typically, such payments would be part of public filings required by the Federal Election Commission so that donors can find out how their contributions are being used — in this case, to pay members of the president’s family.

The family benefits are linked to a network of politically connected private companies — operating with the support and help of Trump son-in-law Jared Kushner — that have charged roughly $75 million since 2017 to the Trump reelection campaign, the Republican National Committee and other Republican clients, according to the Times.

Guilfoyle last year angrily confronted Parscale about late checks owed to her, two witnesses told the Times. He reportedly promised that the situation would be rectified by his wife, Candice Parscale, who often handles his company accounts.

One of Lara Trump’s most notorious contributions to her father-in-law’s campaign early this year was to mock rival Joe Biden’s stutter, which he has grappled with since he was a child.

She was initially hired as a senior consultant in early 2017 by another Parscale company, digital vender Giles-Parscale, also based in San Antonio, The Associated Press reported. Lara Trump was to serve as a liaison between the company and Donald Trump’s campaign, headquartered in Manhattan’s Trump Tower, which is owned by the president’s Trump Organization. Parscale was named Trump’s reelection campaign manager the following year.

The Trump campaign announced in January that Guilfoyle, a former Fox News personality who stated dating Trump Jr. two years ago, would lead the joint fundraising drive between the campaign and the RNC.

Guilfoyle left Fox News in 2018 following a human resources investigation into allegations of inappropriate behavior, including sexual misconduct, HuffPost reported at the time. An attorney for Guilfoyle denied all accusations as “unequivocally baseless.”

HuffPost could not immediately reach Parscale for comment.

Parscale declined to comment to the Times “in detail” on the article, the paper reported. He has, however, said in the past that private companies provide greater flexibility in a campaign, given campaign finance law requirements, noted the Times.

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/lara-...021035622.html
    Trixie, Kittylady, Brookie and 1 others like this.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Thread Information