Page 158 of 204 FirstFirst ... 58108148154155156157158159160161162168 ... LastLast
Results 2,356 to 2,370 of 3059
Like Tree6468Likes

Thread: James Comey & the Giant Impeach:The eternal saga of 45 the Cheeto Christ Stupid Czar

And honestly, there's no excuse for not having done that yet. Especially after the fiasco of the early Republican debates in 2016 when there were about a dozen candidates running. The Republicans gave them a playbook on how not to throw too many players in the pot and seeing who rises to the top. And look at the surprise we got from it.
    tulip and louiswinthorpe111 like this.
    "No. I love my grudges. I tend to them like little pets." -Madeline Martha Mackenzie

Spirituality is not religion. Religion divides people. Belief in something unites them.

Don't tell me not to worry ... worrying is what I do best!

fgg likes this.

Trump says there is a "distinct possibility" that he'll be president in 2028, when the Olympics are in the US, then says he won't be, then says he won't get his due credit in 2028 even though he's the one who got the Olympics.

"Bernie Sanders went ballistic at NBC and MSNBC execs ahead of the Democratic debate this week — jabbing one top TV exec repeatedly in the face with his finger and accusing the networks of offensive negative coverage."

Last edited by ShimmeringGlow; February 22nd, 2020 at 12:52 PM.
    Brookie likes this.

Bernie Sanders Briefed by US Officials Russia Helping His Campaign
    U.S. officials have told Sen. Bernie Sanders that Russia is attempting to help his presidential campaign as part of an effort to interfere with the Democratic contest, according to people familiar with the matter.

President Trump and lawmakers on Capitol Hill have also been informed about the Russian assistance to the Vermont senator, according to people familiar with the matter, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss sensitive intelligence.

It is not clear what form that Russian assistance has taken. U.S. prosecutors found a Russian effort in 2016 to use social media to boost Sanders’s campaign against Hillary Clinton, part of a broader effort to hurt Clinton, sow dissension in the American electorate and ultimately help elect Donald Trump.

“I don’t care, frankly, who Putin wants to be president,” Sanders said in a statement to The Washington Post. “My message to Putin is clear: Stay out of American elections, and as president I will make sure that you do.

“In 2016, Russia used Internet propaganda to sow division in our country, and my understanding is that they are doing it again in 2020. Some of the ugly stuff on the Internet attributed to our campaign may well not be coming from real supporters.”

A spokesperson for the Sanders campaign declined to comment on the briefing by U.S. officials on Russia’s efforts.

Sanders has frequently warned about the threat of foreign interference in U.S. elections and criticized Trump for not doing enough to stop it.

“Let me be clear: We must not live in denial while allowing Russia and other state actors to undermine our democracy or divide us,” the senator in January. “Russia targets the divisions in our society; we will work to heal those divisions.”
    Sanders’s opponents have blamed some of his most vocal online supporters for injecting toxic rhetoric into the primaries. At a Democratic candidates debate Wednesday in Las Vegas, Sanders indirectly blamed Russia, saying it was possible that malign actors were trying to manipulate social media to inflame divisions among Democrats.

“All of us remember 2016, and what we remember is efforts by Russians and others to try to interfere in our elections and divide us up,” Sanders said. “I’m not saying that’s happening, but it would not shock me.”

Also this week, a senior U.S. intelligence official said Russia had “developed a preference” for Trump in the 2020 campaign — an assessment that infuriated the president. Trump lambasted his acting intelligence director, Joseph Maguire, and DNI staff for sharing that information with lawmakers, believing that Democrats would use it to hurt Trump in the election.

Despite Trump’s skepticism of Russian efforts to damage American democracy, officials in his administration have repeatedly warned that Russia has ongoing plans to interfere in U.S. elections and foster divisions among Americans, part of a strategic goal to undermine U.S. standing in the world. Some analysts believe the Kremlin’s goal is to cause maximum disruption within the United States and that it throws the support of its hackers and trolls behind candidates based on that goal, not any particular affinity for the people running.

After Sanders’s remarks at the debate, some social media analysts were skeptical of the notion that Russians already were masquerading as the candidate’s supporters.

“We have seen no evidence in open sources during this election cycle that an online community of Sanders supporters, known as Bernie bros, were catalyzed by what Sanders suggested could be ‘Russian interference,’ ” said Graham Brookie, director of the Digital Forensic Research Lab at the Atlantic Council, which tracks disinformation on social media sites. “Any candidate or public official casually introducing the possibility of Russian influence without providing any evidence or context creates a specter of interference that makes responding to real interference harder.”

It now appears, however, that Sanders may have had a reason to suspect Russia was again injecting itself into the U.S. electoral process, repeating some of what occurred in 2016.

In a February 2018 indictment of 13 Russian individuals and three companies that were alleged to have orchestrated the 2016 social media scheme, prosecutors alleged that the group “engaged in operations primarily intended to communicate derogatory information about Hillary Clinton, to denigrate other candidates such as Ted Cruz and Marco Rubio, and to support Bernie Sanders and then-candidate Donald Trump.”

Prosecutors alleged that in February 2016, while Clinton and Sanders were locked in a bitter battle for the Democratic nomination, an internal memo was circulated at the St. Petersburg-based Internet Research Agency, which prosecutors said led the online effort, instructing their paid online trolls to “use any opportunity to criticize Hillary and the rest (except Sanders and Trump—we support them).”

The Internet Research Agency was bankrolled by a Russian oligarch close to President Vladi*mir Putin, according to U.S. officials.
    ShimmeringGlow likes this.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by ShimmeringGlow View Post
    He didn't drain the swamp. He churned it and brought up the ugliest, most vile parts of this country to the surface.
    Brookie, HWBL, Kittylady and 4 others like this.

Trump reportedly calls John Bolton a 'traitor' and wants to block his book

• President said book shouldn’t be published before election
    • Key impeachment witness Marie Yovanovitch to release memoir

Martin Pengelly in New York and agencies

@MartinPengelly

Sat 22 Feb 2020 15.21 GMTLast modified on Sat 22 Feb 2020 22.03 GMT

Shares

John Bolton is “a traitor” and his bookshould not be published before the election in November, Donald Trump reportedly told aides and media figures.
    The president’s views on news of a book deal for Marie Yovanovitch, another key figure in the Ukraine scandal which led to Trump’s impeachment, were not immediately clear.

Rod Blagojevich's 'political prisoner' claim is 'bullshit', says Anderson Cooper

Read more

Bolton, a former ambassador to the UN, was Trump’s third national security adviser until he was fired in September last year.
    He refused to testify in the House impeachment inquiry into Trump’s attempts to have Ukraine investigate his political rivals, which resulted in two articles of impeachment, concerning abuse of power and obstruction of Congress.

He offered to testify in the Senate but Republicans voted not to call witnesses during a trial which duly ended in Trump’s acquittal, despite leaks from Bolton’s book manuscript seeming to show he possessed key knowledge about the affair.

The latest major Trump resignations and firings

Read more

The Room Where It Happened was slated for publication in March but it has been held up, the national security council telling Bolton’s lawyer it would “move forward as expeditiously as possible” with determining what could be published.
    On Friday night, the Washington Post cited two anonymous sources as saying Trump had told his own lawyers the book should not come out before the election.
    Trump has attacked Bolton publicly on Twitter but the Post also reported notes of an off-the-record briefing of TV anchors on 4 February.
    “We’re going to try and block the publication of the book,” Trump reportedly said. “After I leave office, he can do this. But not in the White House.
    “I give the guy a break,” he added. “I give him a job. And then he turns on me. He’s just making things up.”
    Trump also called Bolton a traitor, the Post said.

Bolton has begun to discuss his book in public. At Duke University in Durham, North Carolina, on Monday, he reportedly said he was “not asking for martyrdom” but “knew, I think I knew, what I was getting into”.
    He also said White House efforts to suppress his “effort to write history” were “censorship” but did not discuss what he had written in detail.
    Bolton has faced criticism for choosing to write his book rather than testify in the impeachment inquiry.
    At the Duke event, he answered a question about an infamous July 2019 phone callbetween Trump and the Ukrainian president, Volodymyr Zelenskiy, with: “You will love chapter 14.”
    At Vanderbilt University in Nashville, Tennessee, on Wednesday, the former Obama national security adviser Susan Rice reportedly told Bolton she could not “imagine withholding my testimony with or without a subpoena”.
    “I would feel like I was shamefully violating the oath that I took to defend the constitution against all enemies foreign and domestic,” she said.
    Bolton said: “I said I would testify if subpoenaed. My position is exactly the same as Joe Biden.”
    Rice retorted: “Except Joe Biden didn’t have firsthand knowledge about what transpired with Ukraine.”

Trump’s pressure on Ukraine centred on unfounded allegations of corruption against the former vice-president and his son Hunter Biden. Joe Biden is a contender for the 2020 Democratic nomination.

Yovanovitch does have firsthand knowledge of much of what transpired regarding Ukraine, and in House testimony gave a chilling account of alleged threats from Trump and his allies because she was regarded as insufficiently loyal.
    Yovanovitch told investigators Ukrainian officials warned her Rudy Giuliani and other Trump insiders were planning to “do things, including to me” and were “looking to hurt” her.
    Pushed out of her job early in 2019, on Trump’s orders, she testified that a senior Ukrainian official told her she “really needed to watch my back”.
    According to a rough transcript of the Zelenskiy call released by the White House, Trump told the Ukrainian president Yovanovitch “was bad news and the people she was dealing with in the Ukraine were bad news”.
    Trump has also attacked Yovanovitch in public – including while she was testifying.
    On Friday, Houghton Mifflin Harcourt confirmed that it had acquired the former ambassador’s planned memoir, which is currently without a title.

Watergate reporter Bob Woodward writing follow-up to Trump book Fear

Read more

According to the publisher, the book will trace Yovanovitch’s diplomatic service from Somalia to Ukraine and “finally back to Washington DC where, to her dismay, she found a political system beset by many of the same challenges she had spent her career combating overseas”.

Yovanovitch’s book will deliver pointed reflections on the issues confronting America today, and thoughts on how we can shore up our democracy,” the publisher said.
    Asked why Yovanovitch’s book would not be published in this election year, the Houghton Mifflin senior vice-president and publisher Bruce Nichols said: “Ambassador Yovanovitch has had a 30-year career of public service in many locations, with many lessons to be drawn.
    “This is about much more than just the recent controversy.”
    The Associated Press reported that the deal was worth “seven figures” and that Yovanovitch was represented by the Javelin literary agency – whose clients also include James Comey, the FBI director fired by Trump in May 2017, and Bolton.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ie-yovanovitch

GOP senator’s bill requires people to ‘register’ their sexuality before getting marriage licenses

An Iowa Republican lawmaker wants to create a state record of married people’s sexual orientations.

Writing for The Gazette, Adam Sullivan called the bill a “stunning and downright creepy display of government overreach.”

“State Sen. Dennis Guth, R-Klemme, is sponsoring Senate File 2130, which would require Iowans applying for a marriage license to disclose their sexual orientation. It’s one of several bills introduced in the Iowa Legislature this year seeking to limit protections for LGBTQ Iowans,” Sullivan writes. “Under the proposal, ‘fraudulent concealment of sexual orientation’ is likened to domestic abuse. Lying about your sexuality, as determined by the state, would be considered as a key factor in custody proceedings when a marriage is dissolved.”

According to Sen. Guth, the inspiration for the bill came from one of his constituents whose marriage fell apart after she found out her husband was gay.

“[H]er spouse falsified his sexual orientation and then later on she was not able to reveal that when she went to court,” Guth said. “So this is just going to allow people in that specific situation to voice this in court.”

https://deadstate.org/gop-senators-b...iage-licenses/

No matter how perverse this idiot is...….he has to have the last word when it comes to his appearance, no way is that forefinger as long as the pic shows!
    Brookie likes this.

From Facebook:

2/22/20: Trump tweeted congratulating Bernie on Nevada primary & said don't let the Democrats take that away. WTF does that tell you?
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

his 1 at finger is longer than his middle finger...

'Satanic wombs': the outlandish world of Trump's spiritual adviser

A video has surfaced of Paula White saying ‘We command any satanic pregnancies to miscarry right now!’

This weekend, a video of Trump’s spiritual adviser, Paula White, surfaced showing her preaching some potentially ungodly words.
    “We command any satanic pregnancies to miscarry right now!” she says, before clarifying: “We declare that anything that’s been conceived in satanic wombs that it will miscarry, it will not be able to carry forth any plan of destruction, any plan of harm.”

Guthrie Graves-Fitzsimmons
    (@GuthrieGF)“We command all satanic pregnancies to miscarry right now” — Special Adviser to the White House Faith and Opportunity Initiative Paula White pic.twitter.com/gtdZyGfkxy
    January 25, 2020

White has since claimed that her words were taken out of context – she wasn’t praying for literal miscarriages, just metaphorical ones! Right. Whatever the case, it’s not the most outlandish thing she’s ever advocated.

1 She has an assignment from God

White has a close relationship with the president and his family. She offered a prayer at Trump’s inauguration; brags about how she calls Trump first thing in the morning; and reportedly visits the White House once a week.
    But despite all of her talk about rejecting self-serving actions, she has called her appointment as Trump’s adviser an “assignment from God”. She has also stated that the Lord wanted her to go on national television.

2 She practices prosperity theology

White believes in a school of thought called “prosperity theology”, which sounds a lot like a pyramid scheme.
    She believes that financial prosperity is a sign of God’s approval. Which means that God must really like her – she has a multimillion-dollar home in a gated community and a private jet. It follows that God must really like Donald Trump, too.

Russell Moore
    (@drmoore)@jlupf Paula White is a charlatan and recognized as a heretic by every orthodox Christian, of whatever tribe.
    June 28, 2016

But she has also been branded a charlatan, perhaps because she proselytizes that God will bless those who donate to her church.

In one interview, an MSNBC reporter asks “Do you tell them that if they give to you they will get financial riches from God?” to which White responds: “I have probably said that. But my 50-year-old self wouldn’t do what my 20-, 30- or 40-year-old self did.”
    Guardian reporting last year showed that White was encouraging members of her congregation to send their first month’s salary to her ministry to enjoy God’s blessings.

3 She ran a bankrupted church

White’s former church, Without Walls, which was raking in $40m a year at one point, has faced allegations over the misuse of donations. In a three-year investigation, it was alleged that White and her husband were using church and ministry finances for to benefit themselves.
    A Congress investigation into the church was closed in 2010 with no penalties – although investigators said they were stifled by lifelong confidentially agreements that had been signed by church employees. The church filed for bankruptcy in 2014.

5 She plays with stereotypes

In late 2001, White signed a $1.5m contract for a show on the Black Entertainment Network. She was accused of “adopting African American idioms” which, if you watch footage from her show, appear to be steeped in problematic race and class stereotypes.

In her own TV show, which was picked up for a segment on Late Night with Seth Myers in 2017, she is seen making jokes about eating macaroni cheese out of boxes, and claiming that a woman shouldn’t wonder why her partner leaves her when “yo still got yo funky curlers in yo hair and spinach in yo teeth.”

Late Night with Seth Meyers (@LateNightSeth)So, can we talk about Trump’s “spiritual adviser” Paula White? https://t.co/Cq1cafU9AW #TheCheckInpic.twitter.com/aBi4THyWGd
    August 2, 2017

In the sketch, Meyers says: “It’s hard to tell what’s more offensive, the insinuation that its your fault that your husband left you or the appropriation of black idiomatic speech” – before comedian Amber Ruffin responds: “It’s the black stuff.”

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...utlandish-acts
    Brookie likes this.

Trump flew back to his own Las Vegas hotel each night during the western-states swing that wrapped up Friday, rather than in the other cities he was actually visiting. That likely cost taxpayers $1m extra, and diverted thousands of $ into his own pocket

https://mobile.twitter.com/crampell/status/1231369399782854656
    Brookie likes this.

The foolishness is never ending with this clown administration.

Acting Deputy Secretary Ken Cuccinelli@HomelandKen

Has the Johns Hopkins map of the coronavirus stopped working for other people, or just me? https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6

I just tried again, and it looks like Johns Hopkins put the information behind a membership wall of some kind. Seems like bad timing to stop helping the world with this (previously) useful resource. Here's hoping it goes back up soon.

https://twitter.com/HomelandKen/stat...27306732015618
    Last edited by ShimmeringGlow; February 24th, 2020 at 07:18 PM.
    Nevan likes this.

Thread Information