Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: It's Super Tuesday

I voted for McCain.... But I admit a secret liking of Obama's plan for health care... and he is an awesome public speaker...

Her vocabulary was as bad as, like, whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Calimoonchild View Post
    So far, Obama has swept more states than Hilary. The delegate count isn't reflective of that though, she's still ahead there:

Obama:
    Delaware
    Illinois
    Georgia
    Connecticut
    Kansas
    Alabama
    North Dakota
    Minnesota

Clinton:
    New York
    Massachusetts
    Arkansas
    New Jersey
    Oklahoma
    Tenessse

Utah and Missouri are very close. Colorado and Idaho are leaning Obama, Arizona leaning Hilary.

I think its interesting that in the states Hilary won, it was close. In many of the states Obama won, it was a blow-out, like 70% to 20%.
    I wasn't surprised Hillary took N.Y. But I was a little surprised about N.J., though. And it's nice to see Obama just cleaning up in the South & Midwest, the all-important Bible Belt.

And, yeah, it is interesting that Obama is blowing Hillary out in the states he wins, and keeping it close in the states she wins.

They're projecting Clinton won California

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    I wasn't surprised Hillary took N.Y. But I was a little surprised about N.J., though. And it's nice to see Obama just cleaning up in the South & Midwest, the all-important Bible Belt.
    Hillary has won Cali!! Not surprised...bring on MD/DC/VA!!
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Quote Originally Posted by SSDiva View Post
    Hillary has won Cali!! Not surprised...bring on MD/DC/VA!!
    Ironically, Obama won more states than Hillary or any of the Republican candidates, at last count.

Obama won 11 or 12
    Hillary won 9
    McCain won 8
    Huckabee & Romney won 5 apiece.

I get so worked up over Politics, and the candidates I believe in...I need to step back, just stop it all after I vote on Tuesday!! This crap can give you a headache..
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

I was pretty much split equally on Hil and Obama. Decided at the last minute. My nagging little internal voice keeps asking me, though..."do you really believe either of these two can beat yet another White Male for the White House? I just don't know. Guess it'll be interesting to see it all pan out....

I agree with whoever said above that we've been given a pretty sad field to choose from this election year, right across party lines. Sigh. Giuliani was the only one who interested me much, since he combined the social liberal profile with a more conservative one in other areas. I thought that was at least less boringly one note than most party politicians. But he's never actually seemed that into being president, though. I was surprised he ran at all, really, and not surprised that he didn't make the final cut.

I get so worked up over Politics, and the candidates I believe in...I need to step back, just stop it all after I vote on Tuesday!! This crap can give you a headache..
    Same here. I love debating politics, but I get so worked up about it sometimes that it drains me, too. I feel like I need a V8.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathie_Moffett View Post
    I agree with whoever said above that we've been given a pretty sad field to choose from this election year, right across party lines. Sigh. Giuliani was the only one who interested me much, since he combined the social liberal profile with a more conservative one in other areas. I thought that was at least less boringly one note than most party politicians. But he's never actually seemed that into being president, though. I was surprised he ran at all, really, and not surprised that he didn't make the final cut.
    Ok, I promise this will be my last debate. I don't understand how you can say that there's a pretty sad field across the board when you were wishing to vote for a man who ran on one of the worse day's in American history. His only experience was that he were in the streets with New Yorkers on the day we were attacked, however he was the brilliant one who put the command center back in the trade centers after the first attack in 93, so it wasn't by choice. The fact that he used 9/11 every chance he got..whether it was for votes for an inexperienced Presidential candidate, or if it was to simply ask for large amounts of money for lame speeches...it was wrong to use that as your personal gain!! He was liberal in New York, but when it came to electrifying the conservative republican base...he dropped most of his liberal beliefs. He wasn't ready(you can't turn a mayor of a city no matter how big it's population is) into a PRESIDENT!! I am not a current Clinton supporter, but she is way more exciting than him and that says a lot. As far as Obama, sheer genius...

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    Same here. I love debating politics, but I get so worked up about it sometimes that it drains me, too. I feel like I need a V8.
    Add a little Vodka to my V8 and make it a bloody mary!!
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

Add a little Vodka to my V8 and make it a bloody mary!!
    You can have all the Vodka you want, just as long as you don't call me Sugar Tits.

Clinton won 8 states, Obama won 13.

I am very very nervous right now. This recent round of voting has really reinforced to me what I have believed since the beginning. Every state that Obama won was practically a blowout. Clinton took Oklahoma by a large margin but the other states were pretty close. This only reinforces to me that the states that voted for Obama will not vote for Clinton if she is the democratic nomination. I don't know why people don't get this - I grew up in the Midwest, I know how hated Hillary is there. Maybe because people don't live there they don't understand how much the fundamentalist Republicans there that always tote the party line are rooting that Hillary win. You could put pretty much anyone up against her and they would win. If she can capture only 20-30% of the population of a state in a primary, I shudder to think about what will happen if she gets the nomination and the Independents and swing Republicans who voted pro Obama (which I believe is a lot) vote again. I guarantee you put her up against a moderate Republican like McCain and she'll lose. It scares the absolute hell out of me. My mother is a Republican for years now and her friends and her (who have voted the party line for years) broke and voted for Obama in the primary (some of them even voted just to vote against Hillary, I bet. They wouldn't admit it but I just have that gut feeling). My mother loves Obama. He has the ability, like I said, to swing voters. I saw on the news the other day a man who had a Bush/Cheney sticker and a GO ARMY sticker on his windshield that voted Obama. Thats incredible! You think that will happen with Hillary and you are deluding yourself. I sincerely hope and pray that if she gets the nomination she will actually be able to accrue enough popularity to win the White House, or else we have yet another Republican running things for the next four years. That scares me senseless. If Obama wins the nomination, he'll run away with the Presidency. If she's not popular enough during the primaries to not be blown out in those states that Obama won...well, I don't think his votes will automatically swing towards her. She's not a sure thing at this point and that scares the hell out of me. I want someone who is electable and a sure thing.
    Last edited by january; February 6th, 2008 at 05:16 AM.
    Women ain't gonna let a thing like sense fuck up their argument. - Chris Rock

A*O

I think you are right january - McCain could well end up in the White House via a massive protest vote against Hillary. And speaking as a forner in the colonies I suspect that most Australians have never even heard of McCain (or Obama for that matter). In a sense it's none of our business, but since we are part of the coalition of the willing in Afghanistan and Iraq I think more people here need to take at least an interest. Just because we are so far away doesn't mean this election won't directly affect us one way or another.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Quote Originally Posted by january View Post
    Clinton won 8 states, Obama won 13.

I am very very nervous right now. This recent round of voting has really reinforced to me what I have believed since the beginning. Every state that Obama won was practically a blowout. Clinton took Oklahoma by a large margin but the other states were pretty close. This only reinforces to me that the states that voted for Obama will not vote for Clinton if she is the democratic nomination. I don't know why people don't get this - I grew up in the Midwest, I know how hated Hillary is there. Maybe because people don't live there they don't understand how much the fundamentalist Republicans there that always tote the party line are rooting that Hillary win. You could put pretty much anyone up against her and they would win. If she can capture only 20-30% of the population of a state in a primary, I shudder to think about what will happen if she gets the nomination and the Independents and swing Republicans who voted pro Obama (which I believe is a lot) vote again. I guarantee you put her up against a moderate Republican like McCain and she'll lose. It scares the absolute hell out of me. My mother is a Republican for years now and her friends and her (who have voted the party line for years) broke and voted for Obama in the primary (some of them even voted just to vote against Hillary, I bet. They wouldn't admit it but I just have that gut feeling). My mother loves Obama. He has the ability, like I said, to swing voters. I saw on the news the other day a man who had a Bush/Cheney sticker and a GO ARMY sticker on his windshield that voted Obama. Thats incredible! You think that will happen with Hillary and you are deluding yourself. I sincerely hope and pray that if she gets the nomination she will actually be able to accrue enough popularity to win the White House, or else we have yet another Republican running things for the next four years. That scares me senseless. If Obama wins the nomination, he'll run away with the Presidency. If she's not popular enough during the primaries to not be blown out in those states that Obama won...well, I don't think his votes will automatically swing towards her. She's not a sure thing at this point and that scares the hell out of me. I want someone who is electable and a sure thing.
    Good, scary and frustrating theory!
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

I agree with you january. I live in Illinois, so we're pretty much that only liberal state in the whole area, no one ever doubted that Obama would take it, but my mom spent a couple hours working the phone banks for Hillary. She has literally become a zealot for this woman, and she doesn't understand that Hillary getting that nomination could be the absolute worst thing for anyone who wants a change of party in the White House after the coming election. She keeps raving about how everyone who votes Obama is SO stupid and that there's all this stuff the Hillary campaign has, but it's so secret because it would be viewed as too mean if they released it, but he can't get the nomination because of it and he'll be ruined when it does come out, but she can't share what it is (and they revealed this super-secret information for someone who worked on their phone banks for 3 hours). We don't buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    I think you are right january - McCain could well end up in the White House via a massive protest vote against Hillary.
    that's the sort of thing that makes me lose faith in the human race. i can't believe people can be that short-sighted and... ugh, i can't find a better word than idiotic. it's like how w won because most people thought kerry was too upper class and smart, or how they hated teresa heinz because she had brains and a mouth and wasn't afraid to use either.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread Information