Page 20 of 145 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223243070120 ... LastLast
Like Tree5937Likes

Thread: It's Mueller Time! The new politics catch-all thread.

He probably hasn't read one word of those "horrible" deals.

Daniel Dale @ddale8

Here are Trump's confusing comments on the NYC terrorist and "chain migration." (The transcript is badly punctuated by the show, but still.)

Daniel Dale @ddale8

Two consecutive Trump sentences about trade: I'm renegotiating our bad deals to make them good. I'm going to terminate them.

osh Billinson

@jbillinson

10h

Replying to @jbillinson

Obama and Abe ate at Sukiyabashi Jiro, often regarded as the best sushi in the world, and Trump’s eating golf course hamburgers?!

Josh Billinson

@
    jbillinson

Imagine going all the way to Japan and eating a hamburger at a country club

C_is_for_Cookie and Brookie like this.

It's just as well. Otherwise he'd be having wagyu steak and ask for it well done. With that Heinz ketchup.

We're so lucky to have such intelligent leadership.

Pres Trump asks Japanese auto makers if they could build their cars in the US and not just ship them over.

what a fucking moron
    HWBL, Mivvi21 and C_is_for_Cookie like this.
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

Quote Originally Posted by ShimmeringGlow View Post
    Obama and Abe ate at Sukiyabashi Jiro, often regarded as the best sushi in the world, and Trump’s eating golf course hamburgers?!
    My dream is to go there once. It is like hidden in a carpark and they only serve 9 people.

That man has as much class as a dishrag. You think Abe was briefed on the food requirements of Trump?
    Can you imagine going to Japan and having a (well done) Wagyu burger with Ketchup???

Is there one person in his cabinet that doesn't have ties with Russia?
    Timetoout, HWBL and Mivvi21 like this.

Julie Davis @juliehdavis

Per pool, Trump & Abe were each feeding koi in a pond spoonfuls of fish food. Then this happened:

Julie Davis @juliehdavis

Replying to @juliehdavis

Tale of the tape: Abe dumped his fish food first!

Timetoout likes this.

Apparently, Abe has been flattering to Trump because foreign leaders have been told that's how you have to deal with him. He only responds when you're talking about him and his interests.

"So sad," Trump says of the Texas church massacre. "Who would ever think a thing like this could happen?"

Trump: "This is a mental health problem at the highest level. It's a very, very sad event...that's the way I view it."

Trump says it's good there was a good guy with a gun present. Otherwise, says the issue here is not a "guns situation," it's mental illness.

??? Trump promises that Japan's Abe will shoot North Korean missiles out of the sky once he buys some awesome new US equipment.

Trump just jumped in to intercept a question to Abe, then made a dramatic military promise on behalf of the government of Japan.

Revealing Trump quote on corporations: "I view the company not as a company but as an extension of the worker."
    Timetoout and HWBL like this.

Elite Member

We're so lucky to have such intelligent leadership.

Pres Trump asks Japanese auto makers if they could build their cars in the US and not just ship them over.
    He did not! Seriously? I cannot wrap my head around what a total dumbass he is.
    Brookie and Mivvi21 like this.

Julie Davis @juliehdavis

Per pool, Trump & Abe were each feeding koi in a pond spoonfuls of fish food. Then this happened:

I could see a toddler doing this.

Well, that's what he is, a toddler trapped in a big, fat, stupid orange body.
    Timetoout, dolem, Mivvi21 and 2 others like this.

Nah, the Japanese president did the same. But that photo was released much later.

Dammit I waited all day to see Flynn & his crotchfruit get perp walked but the arrest hasn't happened and it's bedtime. News is those arseholes are #flynnished but Mueller is taking his sweet time.

Not that I want him to rush; dot those i-es and line your t-es, Mueller... but I don't *need* so much foreplay. Get out your handcuffs ASAP I can't stand waiting!
    What do we want?
    EVIDENCE BASED SCIENCE
    When do we want it?
    AFTER PEER REVIEW

Woman Fired For Flipping Off Donald Trump’s Motorcade

A photo of Juli Briskman giving the middle finger to the president went viral. Her employer was not pleased.

By Jennifer Bendery

WASHINGTON ― You may have seen this photo of President Donald Trump’s motorcade winding down a wooded road last week as a woman on a bicycle pedaled by ― giving the middle finger to Trump.

BRENDAN SMIALOWSKI VIA GETTY IMAGES

The picture, snapped by a White House photographer traveling with the president as he left his golf course in Sterling, Va., went viral almost immediately. News outlets picked up the story when it appeared in a White House pool report. Late-night talk show hosts told jokes about the encounter and people on social media began hailing the unidentified woman as a “she-ro,” using the hashtag #Her2020.

The woman’s name is Juli Briskman. Her employer, government contractor Akima LLC, wasn’t so happy about the photo. They fired her over it.

In a Saturday interview with HuffPost, Briskman, a 50-year-old mother of two, said she was stunned that someone had taken a picture of her giving Trump the middle finger.

As the photo circulated online, Briskman decided to tell Akima’s HR department what was happening when she went to work on Monday. By Tuesday, her bosses called her into a meeting and said she had violated the company’s social media policy by using the photo as her profile picture on Twitter and Facebook.

“They said, ‘We’re separating from you,‘” said Briskman. “Basically, you cannot have ‘lewd’ or ‘obscene’ things in your social media. So they were calling flipping him off ‘obscene.’”

Briskman, who worked in marketing and communications at Akima for just over six months, said she emphasized to the executives that she wasn’t on the job when the incident happened and that her social media pages don’t mention her employer. They told her that because Akima was a government contractor, the photo could hurt their business, she said.

Virginia is an employment-at-will state, meaning employers can fire people anytime and for any reason. But Briskman said what’s been particularly infuriating is that a male colleague kept his job after recently posting lewd comments on his Facebook page that featured Akima LLC as his cover photo. She said this colleague was reprimanded for calling someone “a fucking Libtard asshole” on Facebook, but was allowed to delete the post and keep his job.
    How is that any less ‘obscene’ than me flipping off the president?” she asked. “How is that fair?”

A request for comment from Akima was not immediately returned.

JULI BRISKMAN
    Someone posted this graphic on Juli Briskman’s Facebook page after she flipped off the president’s motorcade. Briskman was amused.
    Asked what she was thinking when she saw Trump’s motorcade roll up next to her, Briskman said it was a gut reaction to flip him off.

“He was passing by and my blood just started to boil,” she said. “I’m thinking, DACA recipients are getting kicked out. He pulled ads for open enrollment in Obamacare. Only one-third of Puerto Rico has power. I’m thinking, he’s at the damn golf course again.”

“I flipped off the motorcade a number of times,” she added.

Briskman, a Democrat, said she plans to look for a new job with an advocacy group that she believes in, like Planned Parenthood or PETA.

Despite getting fired, she said she has no regrets about the attention her public show of displeasure with Trump received. In fact, she said she’s happy to be an image of protest that resonates with many Americans.

“In some ways, I’m doing better than ever,” she said. “I’m angry about where our country is right now. I am appalled. This was an opportunity for me to say something.”

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...APPLENEWS00001

Timetoout likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kat Scorp View Post
    Nah, the Japanese president did the same. But that photo was released much later.

Dammit I waited all day to see Flynn & his crotchfruit get perp walked but the arrest hasn't happened and it's bedtime. News is those arseholes are #flynnished but Mueller is taking his sweet time.

Not that I want him to rush; dot those i-es and line your t-es, Mueller... but I don't *need* so much foreplay. Get out your handcuffs ASAP I can't stand waiting!
    I enjoy the thought of those assholes sweating bullets about what's coming, though.

*Oh and that cyclist lady is my hero, just what I would have done.
    Well, being brown I would have been arrested, so maybe not.
    But on the plus side I don't have a job to lose, so...

So, they announced indictments were coming last week? Or was that the general assumption? I had one thing after the other happen over the last several days so I’m way behind in my reading.
    "No. I love my grudges. I tend to them like little pets." -Madeline Martha Mackenzie

Spirituality is not religion. Religion divides people. Belief in something unites them.

Don't tell me not to worry ... worrying is what I do best!

Thread Information