Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Iran issues stark military warning to United States

Thumbs up Re: Iran issues stark military warning to United States

Iranians volunteer for "martyrdom missions"

By Parisa Hafezi Sun Apr 16, 11:52 AM ET

TEHRAN (Reuters) - Some 200 Iranians have volunteered in the past few days to carry out "martyrdom missions" against U.S. and British interests if
    Iran is attacked over its nuclear program, a hardline group said on Sunday.

The United States and other Western nations accuse Iran of seeking to master enrichment technology to build atomic weapons, a charge Iran denies. Washington says it wants a diplomatic solution, but has not ruled out a military option.

Mohammad Ali Samadi, spokesman for the Committee for the Commemoration of Martyrs of the Global Islamic Campaign, said fresh fears over a possible U.S. attack on Iran's nuclear sites helped attract volunteers during its latest recruitment drive."Because of the recent threats, we have started to register more volunteers since Friday," Samadi told Reuters by telephone.
    "Some 200 people have registered to carry out operations against our enemies. America and Britain are definitely considered enemies."

Chanting "Death to America" and "Nuclear technology is our right," volunteers registered their names at the former American Embassy in southern Tehran on Sunday.They signed a document called "Registration form for martyrdom-seeking operations" and pledged to "defend the Islamic Republic's interests."
    "We will give a good lesson to those who dare to attack our country," said Ali, a 25-year-old masked volunteer, after filling out registration form.When asked why he had covered his face, Ali said: "I do not want to be recognized when traveling abroad to harm American and British interests."

TENS OF THOUSANDS REGISTERED

The Committee for the Commemoration of Martyrs of the Global Islamic Campaign, which says it has no affiliation with the government, was formed in 2004. Since then Samadi said some 52,000 people have signed up to be involved in possible attacks. The Sunday Times of London, quoting unnamed Iranian officials, reported Iran had 40,000 trained suicide bombers prepared to strike western targets if Iran is attacked.

"The main force, named the Special Unit of Martyr Seekers in the Revolutionary Guards, was first seen last month when members marched in a military parade," the report said. But Samadi denied the report.
    "The Revolutionary Guards have no links to martyrdom-seeking operations. We are the only martyrdom seeking group in Iran," he said. "And we are an independent group."

No Iranians are thought to have directly executed suicide bombings in recent years. But the United States has accused Iran of being a state sponsor of terrorism (look who's talking).

In Sunday's New York Times a former White House counterterrorism expert said Iran's response to any U.S. military attack would be to use "its terrorist network to strike American targets around the world."Iran has forces at its command far superior to anything al Qaeda was ever able to field," wrote former White House counter terror chief Richard Clarke and former State Department official Steven Simon.

The "martyrdom" registration coincided with a conference on the Palestinian cause. Iran has refused to recognize Israel and supports anti-Israeli groups like Hamas and Hizbollah.

Inside the embassy, the walls were decorated with pictures of Palestinian suicide bombers. Videos of Israeli army attacks on Palestinians were shown on a wide screen. Books and CDs on the Palestinian uprising were also for sale.
    In 1979, the then-American embassy was seized and its staff were taken hostage by militant students in 1979. The 52 hostages were freed after 444 days in captivity.
    This is an example of the chaos I spoke earlier about, shoule US or ANY country attack Iran. Iran has also warned Gulf countries from providing military bases for which US can use to strike against Iran.

http://http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20...ran_bombers_dc

Silver Member

Default Re: Iran issues stark military warning to United States

Quote Originally Posted by Sojiita
    ^^. I have gone over the dropping of the bombs with you before(HH)..at least I think it was you... and I am not going to beat a dead horse again. However, I am not going to personally insult you since you have not done so to me(history from John Wayne movies...). The only thing I will add is that I do think they should have gone ahead and done the 'example' bombing that had been considered for Tokyo Bay. they should have let the Japanese know what they would be dealing with, since I hardly think the Japanese(or anyone for that matter)would have been able to fully understand what they would be dealing with. And I agree to the extent that what had brought about a decline in Japanese morale was in fact the extensive 'rub outs' of Japanese population centers from the incindiery raids. More died in Tokyo in one of these raids then died in all of Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

ETA: also it was the war itself that led to the rush to make the bombs...they were working toward this on both the allied and axis sides..the 'cold war' and nuclear weapons were inevitable given the historical circumstances. The acual dropping of the bombs on two Japanese cities had little to do with the cold war or nuclear armament. Same thing would have happened if they had decided not to drop the bombs.
    Hmmm...I do not think I went over this debate with you before...

I guess we'll agree to disagree. I do not think they should have used it because Japan was already losing and eventually would have had to surrender. I think the bombs did more negative than positive effects.

Actually, the axis side were not making a bomb. That is what the U.S. thought but it turned out to be untrue. When the scientists on the Manhattan project found that out,that is why numerous of them (including Albert Einstein) wrote a letter to urge to not use the bomb and to just drop the project because it was going to do more harm than good.

Karizma-YUP...there is all these crazy fundamentalist loonie Iranian "jihadists" up on the front ready to go wreak havoc on Western countries and go on suicide missions targeting the West IF their nuclear facilities are bombed or Iran is bombed.

Bombing Iran is not the smart thing to do...The West will regret it when Iran retaliates back. Why ANYONE would want this scenario to happen is beyond me.

^ Hazeleyed i have to disagree with you. I don't call a person who defends his country a lunatic fundamentalist. If they are so lunatic they would have carried out attacks randomly but they are not. They are warning they would IF any country attacked their soil and people which is their right and why should anyone deprive them from it? IMO you cannot satisfy US admin, you just can't. If you target military spots, you are still terrorist as long as you oppose their policies like in the case of Hizbollah and Iraqi resistance who target the military (not random suicide bombers killing Iraqi civilians); but when their ally attack civilians like in the case of IDF it's called 'collateral damage'. I don't understand why certain blood is more valuable than another? Terrorist/terrorism is being used now unneccessarily and it lost its true meaning.

But i totally agree i just can't fathom why would ANY country justifies US (or any other country for that matter) attack on Iran knowing that Iran did NOT attack any country and will def. defend itself using all means. Why are they asking for trouble?!

ETA: What i meant earlier there should be a fine distinction between a terrorist and a freedom fighter. It's legitimate in international law to resist against ANY occupation and it's legitimate in international law to defend your country and citizens from foreign attack.

Because they're driven by Jesus.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Great. so if ANY country(like Israel) attacks, then they will target the US, Britain, etc.
    Well if there is a hell then those who participate in this 'retaliation' will certainly burn for eternity there, along with those who support them.

ETA: If Israel does it and the retaliation hits the US, then Bush will have excactly what he wants(and I hate the guy and his administration and I am NOT defending him). He will tell the 'american people' that we were attacked unfairly since we did not do anything(even if he gave the green light to Israel), and will have all he needs to launch his invasion of Iran..which will be a disaster for all involved.
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

LOL you could turn it around on the "western powers" and say the exact same thing.

Nobody has moral superiority. It's all stupid.

Everybody grow the fuck up please.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Well they might be smart enough to know US gave them the green light and supported them with weapons, like they usually do with Palestinians. But i agree if Israel was the one who attacked then Israel should be retaliated. This reminds of of US when they attacked Afghanistan (later Iraq) even though 9/11 terrorists were mainly Saudis and not even ONE Afghani or Iraqi. hmm

Grimm i agree with you. This situation is fucked up and the politicians involved MUST grow up.

They are 1. politicians and 2. driven by religion on both sides. It is hopeless.

*waving hands in frenzy*...'it is the end of days I tell ya!!'

I'd say head for the mountains, but war is preferable to finding yourself in the Ozarks

Whut is rong wit de Ozarchs?

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by Karizma
    ^ Hazeleyed i have to disagree with you. I don't call a person who defends his country a lunatic fundamentalist. If they are so lunatic they would have carried out attacks randomly but they are not. They are warning they would IF any country attacked their soil and people which is their right and why should anyone deprive them from it? IMO you cannot satisfy US admin, you just can't. If you target military spots, you are still terrorist as long as you oppose their policies like in the case of Hizbollah and Iraqi resistance who target the military (not random suicide bombers killing Iraqi civilians); but when their ally attack civilians like in the case of IDF it's called 'collateral damage'. I don't understand why certain blood is more valuable than another? Terrorist/terrorism is being used now unneccessarily and it lost its true meaning.

But i totally agree i just can't fathom why would ANY country justifies US (or any other country for that matter) attack on Iran knowing that Iran did NOT attack any country and will def. defend itself using all means. Why are they asking for trouble?!

ETA: What i meant earlier there should be a fine distinction between a terrorist and a freedom fighter. It's legitimate in international law to resist against ANY occupation and it's legitimate in international law to defend your country and citizens from foreign attack.
    Actually, yeah I agree with you on that subject right there.

Afterall, history is written by the victors. And it is the most powerful ones that get to define others.

A*O

Quote Originally Posted by Hazeleyed_Honey
    I hope you are NOT implying that Karizma and I splurted anti Israel or anti-American comments..... Because we NO WHERE did.
    This is a joke, right?
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

^ hmm unless it's the same type of joke that Bush IS the president then not

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by A*O
    This is a joke, right?
    What is a joke???

Yes, we criticized the policies of those governments to wanting to nuke Iran,and...So what?

Criticizing the American and Israeli government and their policies does NOT equal to being anti-American or Anti-Israeli for that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok
    Frankly, I think everyone needs to grow the fuck up.

I dont care if Iran gets nukes, because the crazy isnt going to go away. We have crazies in the US, crazies in Israel, crazies in Iran.. they're all the fucking same.

Everybody armed to the teeth and threatening to nuke each other, and nobody will because they'd be instantly obliterated.

That's what we call 'détente'.
    detente is agreement. It has to do with the concepts of limiting arms.

The concept that applies here is MAD - Mutually Assured Destruction.

Hiroshima and Nagasaki - IMO unnecessary.

LeMay said if we lost the war that we would have all been prosecuted as war criminals. And I think he's right. He... and I'd say I... were behaving as war criminals.
    Robert McNamara

As was the allied firebombing of Tokyo, Dresden and Hamburg.

The concepts of the laws of armed conflict:

Proportionality
    Military Necessity
    Prevent unnecessary suffering

It was wrong.

As to Iran.

Its sabre rattling. Iran is looking for concessions.

Its 'super missile' launch the other week was a stunt for the press, Its just not that good, it was a modified late model scud that may be undetectable to Iranian radar but not to western systems.

Its talk of Enriching uranium, it may have enough by 2010 to do something but they are not dumb enough to try.

However the Iranian president is looking shit hot to his people by taking on the west so bravely.

The Mouse that Roared.
    Last edited by EvilMonkey; April 16th, 2006 at 10:50 PM.
    An EM is like a Scientologist - Unhinged and Unbelievable - Now shutup and place your hands on my EM-Meter

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information