Page 9 of 176 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast
Like Tree8338Likes

Thread: Inaugurination and beyond: Trump thread part three

Josh Marshall
    @joshtpm

In other presidencies the last 48 hrs might have spurred a cabinet vote over whether the president was functionally incapacitated.
    5:37 PM - 21 Jan 2017

Not one full day and he's already spitting his dummy out of the pram! I def agree about speculation about replacing him with Pence and that's probably being pushed forward but Trump is vindictive and I bet he knows where the skeletons lie in a lot of the GOP. And they underestimated him during the primaries and the elections and he is surrounded with people who like go do a scorched earth policy so I can see him doing this to this as revenge. But with the massive turnout today which includes deep red states are going to make some GOP politicians nervous.

Another thing how many times was Trump sniffing during that speech at the CIA although that was a crazy ass incoherent hot mess. A coked up blazing narcissist sociopath as a president is going to be a train wreck to watch.

Get used to this. Every.single.day.

Source: Occupy Democrats

Trump Just Gave A Speech To The CIA And It’s Beyond Terrifying

President Donald Trump just held a presser with 300 members of the Central Intelligence Agency, and it was a shocking glimpse into the kind of administration we’re going to see from him. Showing us all once again how he’s an insecure narcissist, he made a point of bragging about how large the crowds at his inauguration were, boasted about how many times he’s been on the cover of TIME Magazine, complained about how the media was lying to make him look bad, and then promptly declared “I love honesty” and that he was “like, a smart person.”

David Corn Geverifieerd account ‏@DavidCornDC

Trump at CIA says during the inauguration, the mall was "packed" backed to Washington Monument. Wrong. #TheTruthShallSetYeFree

His remarks were met with loud cheers and clapping – except they weren’t from the CIA members. Once again, he brought a squad of cheerleaders with him to massage his ego and to create the false impression of his popularity.

Robert Gifford ‏@giff18 3 uur3 uur geleden

Pool: "Color from the CNN Producer: the persons who are directly in front of Trump have not shown any reaction...to his remarks."

11 antwoorden 621 retweets 624 vind-ik-leuks

Robert Gifford ‏@giff18

More from CNN Prod per pool: "...the persons who are on the side...are the ones clapping and reacting. We do not know who these people are."

The entire performance stinks of authoritarianism. The use of fake crowds and paid supporters is a hallmark of insecure leaders needing validation of their own prestige and power. What’s most disturbing, however, was the content of the speech. Not only did he declare war on the media, he said that God himself looked down and prevented rain from falling on him and then off-handedly said we might invade Iraq again to seize their oil.

John Aravosis Geverifieerd account ‏@aravosis

Dear God, Trump just flippantly told CIA employees that we might invade Iraq again and take all the oil fields.

Welcome to the new normal – but we must not normalize this. We have just inaugurated a delusional egomaniac and would-be dictator who is so insecure that he needs his own cheerleaders but still is so obsessed with himself he publicly stated that God intervened on his behalf (ironically, his pet Christian extremist also said that the rain was a sign from God) before launching into a pep rally for his pick to head the CIA, Christian extremist and pro-torture advocate Mike Pompeo. He finished by casually proposing yet another international war and with a pathetic attempt to regain the approval of the intelligence community, which he recently decried as “Nazis,” by saying that he “loves them.” In desperate need of validation, Trump will say whatever he thinks will get people to like him, no matter what he’s said before – and that bodes very poorly for the future of American international relations.

This press conference was surreal beyond belief. A shameful mockery of the office of the Presidency and of the men and women who work at the CIA. Trump stood in front of them and told them to disbelieve tweets that they had read with their own eyes, slandering the media as the leader of a country which has free speech and free press as the first item on a bill of rights. This is an absolute disgrace and there are really no words to truly encapsulate what an utter dumpsterfire his presidency has become on the first day.

Honestly, what kind of leader sets up inauguration crowd pictures in the press briefing room?

Jim Acosta ‏@Acosta

WH has set up crowd size pics in briefing room

Bradd Jaffy ‏@BraddJaffy

President Trump stands in front of memorial to fallen CIA officers, makes false claims about inauguration crowd size

MSNBC

Watch the speech here:

Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

As disgusting as it is to learn of his cia speech, I am so exhilarated from the NYC march. It was AMAZING. From what someone told me, it had over 600,000 people and was the largest protest in NYC history (what i heard! haven't looked it up yet). To see so many women (and so many men!) rally together.... to see us all unite and be able to chant and yell was amazing. I couldn't even see th e end of the crowds, every way I looked it was a sea of people and signs. It was amazing, and proved to me that we are ready to FIGHT. I feel ready to fight, now.

Artistblink-.-@Blinksup 46m46 minutes agoMore

@smerconish Trump's speech to the CIA was the equivalent of bringing a coloring book to a Mensa meeting. @CNN

Quote Originally Posted by HWBL View Post
    ^It truly was like a study case for students in psychiatry, wasn't it?
    I have a feeling this will describe his whole presidency which will hopefully just be 4 years long.
    “Cigarettes and coffee: an alcoholic's best friend!”
    ~Gerard Way

Quote Originally Posted by ChemicalHelena View Post
    I have a feeling this will describe his whole presidency which will hopefully just be 4 years long.
    I hope its even less and that it brings down the entire administration as well as the GOP because they're colluded to this mess and they're just as bad because they know he's a fucking nutter.
    Brah, HWBL, stella blue and 6 others like this.

In reply to Jon Favreau
    Ari@OGAride 27m27 minutes agoMore

@jonfavs @PressSec This pic of Sean Spicer from the briefing room says it all

Quote Originally Posted by Seapharris7 View Post
    As Dan Rather put it, Trump is our President now. He works for US. And should he ever lose sight of that, it is our responsibility to remind him.
    He never had sight of it in the first place. When are people going to realize the man had no altruistic intentions when he decided to run for president? How the fuck can you remind him of something that he never thought of in the first place. He's TRASH, and he's NOT my president.
    "To be [black] in this country and to be relativity conscious is to be in a rage almost all of the time." ~ James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by ShimmeringGlow View Post
    In reply to Jon Favreau
    Ari@OGAride 27m27 minutes agoMore

@jonfavs @PressSec This pic of Sean Spicer from the briefing room says it all

^Oh my God, that guy was fantastic comedy.
    "There are no Americans in this country!" Meanwhile, there are, like, Marines walking behind him with "hi Mom" signs & shit

I need to step awaaaaayyy from the facebook. I've had three threads deleted today by "friends of friends" because I was pwning them and they couldn't take it. Maybe they need a safe space.

Stay away from Twitter as well. Trump's people believed every word that came out of Baghdad Bob's mouth about the crowd size and that Trump's speech at Langley was heartfelt and that he received a standing ovation from an awestruck crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by stella blue View Post
    I need to step awaaaaayyy from the facebook. I've had three threads deleted today by "friends of friends" because I was pwning them and they couldn't take it. Maybe they need a safe space.
    I had the same thing happen to me. The cowardly bitch even blocked me because she couldn't take the heat. Stupid, ill-informed morons like them usually run away and hide since they know deep down they are way out of their depth.

Pence waving to the invisible spectators.

Thread Information