Page 7 of 176 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast
Like Tree8338Likes

Thread: Inaugurination and beyond: Trump thread part three

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    allegedly, this one and the one claiming he stole from Bee Movie are fakes. I've not seen either movie. Can't say.

However, he did steal a photo of Obama's inauguration to use as his twitter background.

Trump Inauguration: Twitter Account Used Old Obama Photo
    Have you read anywhere that he didn't write the speech? Philip Bump is a Washington Post blog writer that is saying that he didn't. No specifics.

All those people have speechwriters.
    C_is_for_Cookie and redcat like this.
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

National Policy Institute/White Supremacist Richard Spencer gets punched in the face during interview. LOVE IT!!!

"To be [black] in this country and to be relativity conscious is to be in a rage almost all of the time." ~ James Baldwin

I could watch that all day.
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

I have some facebook friends who are single issue voters and they are ecstatic about this bullshit.They will wake up once they realize that it is not just about the baybees but for now the smug is insufferable.
    Alysheba and gas_chick like this.

I have some issues with the photos. Major networks, like CNN, showed a lot of comparison shoots from Obama thenTrumps inauguration. Showing Obama's way more packed. While I have no trouble believing this... Now the day after I'm seeing major conservative sites show other photos "proving" CNN (and others) were lying.

Look, I didn't watch the inauguration and don't really care who showed up. Just watching the one clip of the National Anthem was enough. But my issue is, don't help the fuckers believe you are "fake". While I find some observations about Trump hilarious, don't attack him on looks - attack him on his lack of knowledge and shit policies. Stop looking to stir the pot - people are upset enough - get the facts out without trying to cause panic.

As Dan Rather put it, Trump is our President now. He works for US. And should he ever lose sight of that, it is our responsibility to remind him.
    Wilson and ChemicalHelena like this.
    Sugar... The real gateway drug

I don't have to respect him. I don't have to support him. I can talk about him any kind of way I want to. That man talks about my people like we are subhuman and not fit to breathe the same air as he does. Fuck him and the people that he surrounded himself with. I was not a fan of Obama, but I would take him over this scumbag any day. #notmypresident

I guess I chose to go high when they go low. Trump is an easy target, a big distraction IMO, to what I believe is worse - the Republican party & completely unqualified cabinet members having a free for all on America. The Man Child is an embarrassment, but my gut tells me there are far sinister things afoot we should be focusing on
    Alysheba, Beeyotch, czb and 2 others like this.
    Sugar... The real gateway drug

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Seapharris7 View Post
    I guess I chose to go high when they go low. Trump is an easy target, a big distraction IMO, to what I believe is worse - the Republican party & completely unqualified cabinet members having a free for all on America. The Man Child is an embarrassment, but my gut tells me there are far sinister things afoot we should be focusing on
    We have to pay attention to the man in front of the curtain AND the ones behind it. Trump can do a fair amount of damage with his executive orders, tweets, and us vs them rhetoric.

But Pence et al found themselves in a win-win (for them) situation. If Trump proves easy to control they can do what they want. If he doesn't, they can wait till he crosses the mine and gets impeached or forced to resign, and they get the reins that way. These guys are some shifty mofos and we shouldn't take our eyes off them for a minute.
    Minutus cantorum, minutus balorum, minutus carborata descendum pantorum

Don't know if this has been posted yet but it's pretty insteresting. A lot us thought that this will probably go down like this.

https://m.facebook.com/RBReich/posts/1445206565491935

^Does not surprise me. I've heard that most of the campaign.
    Kittylady likes this.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

We are not alone.

Pictures From Women’s
    Marches Around the World

Crowds in hundreds of cities around the world are gathering Saturday in conjunction with the Women’s March on Washington, expected to be the largest inauguration-related demonstration in American history. JAN. 21, 2017 RELATED ARTICLE

WashingtonChang Lee/The New York Times

New York CityJessica Bal for The New York Times

ChicagoJohn Gress/Getty Images

Los AngelesJae C. Hong/Associated Press

PhiladelphiaJacqueline Larma/Associated Press

AtlantaKevin D. Liles for The New York Times

PittsburghLake Fong/Pittsburgh Post-Gazette via Associated Press

Sioux Falls, S.D.Joe Ahlquist/The Argus Leader via Associated Press

Columbia, S.C.Sean Rayford/Getty Images

Park City, UtahArthur Mola/Invision, via Associated Press

AmsterdamDean Mouhtaropoulos/Getty Images

AthensAlexandros Vlachos/European Pressphoto Agency

Sydney, AustraliaDan Himbrechts/European Pressphoto Agency

Barcelona, SpainDavid Ramos/Getty Images

Florence, ItalyMaurizio Degl' Innocenti/European Pressphoto Agency

LondonFacundo Arrizabalaga/European Pressphoto Agency

MadridJavier Barbancho/Reuters

Marseille, FranceBoris Horvat/Agence France-Presse via Getty Images

OsloNtb Scanpix/Reuters

ParisEric Feferberg/Agence France-Presse via Getty Images

PragueMartin Divisek/European Pressphoto Agency

RomeMaurizio Brambatti/European Pressphoto Agency

StockholmPontus Lundahl/TT NEWS AGENCY via Associated Press

Cape TownNic Bothma/European Pressphoto Agency

New DelhiEuropean Pressphoto Agency

TorontoFrank Gunn/The Canadian Press via Associated Press

Tbilisi, GeorgiaVano Shlamov/Agence France-Presse via Getty Images

Nairobi, KenyaThomas Mukoya/Reuters

Helsinki, FinlandJussi Nukari/Agence France-Presse via Getty Images

Wellington, New ZealandReuters

Accra, GhanaCristina Aldehuela/Agence France-Presse via Getty Images

By TANNER CURTIS, TROY GRIGGS, MORRIGAN McCARTHY, ALICIA PARLAPIANO, KIERSTEN SCHMIDT, TIM WALLACE and JOE WARD
    Brookie, Trixie, Mivvi21 and 10 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Fly_On_TheWall View Post
    Don't know if this has been posted yet but it's pretty insteresting. A lot us thought that this will probably go down like this.

https://m.facebook.com/RBReich/posts/1445206565491935
    A colleague from Indianapolis was visiting the office last week. We were talking about Pence and he said that we should be scared of Pence because he saw what Pence tried to do in Indiana closeup. The Democrats there fought him and pushed back some of his agenda, but he has a bigger stage now and a Republican Congress.

Quote Originally Posted by nwgirl View Post
    I don't have a bunch of FB friends who either A: are Trump supporters (for the simple fact that they wouldn't be my friends if our basic beliefs were so different) and B: I can kind of tend to be a righteous bitch when challenged, which tends to dissuade even the most fervent opposing view. I also temper my posts and responses because I, unlike the trolls, actually use my FB in a personal level and it's connected to my real friends, family and business assocations. When I do post or respond, it's usually fact-based refutations that leave little wiggle room.

But the other day I got into it with a friend of a friend on a post, which I almost never do, and made it personal. A proud Trump supporter tried to defend his undying support of Trump based on his 32 years of military service and said that he was "cautiously optimistic". This was my response to him:

I don't expect any real answer [name deleted]. But one thing I want you to seriously consider, remove all bias about this thread and the topic of the election, and imagine this scenario:

You said you served 32 years. Let's say one day you show up on the battlefield and you have a new General (please pardon my lack of correct terminology). You say "what's the plan?" And he says "we got big plans, huge plans, best plans you've ever seen. So many plans you're gonna get tired of winning. And the plans we have are way better than GI Jane's plans over there. Now go on out there soldier!"

Would you not ask any questions? Would you not expect a bare minimum of planning or coordination or communication about the big, great plans? Would you push your fellow soldiers out on the battlefield and be like "cross your fingers boys...I'm cautiously optimistic about this."

Or would you be like.....ummmm....ya, we don't like GI Jane's plans, but at least she has some. And with my life and the lives of my friends on the line, I think I'm gonna need a bit more info.

Needless to say, he blocked me and never responded.
    That's kind of what happens with my super conservative cousin whom I've mentioned before, and which is why I stopped following him. A while back, when there was some kind of conflict going on overseas, he immediately made a comment about how Obama would probably stick his nose into the situation, and how he hoped he didn't; I responded by saying, OK, but you can't turn around and complain later that Obama is weak and not doing anything about said situation. His response was to say I was attacking him personally, etc. (huh?), so I unfollowed him. Recently, after Castro died, he commented about how he was sure Obama would be front and center at the funeral; he wasn't, but SCC certainly never went back and retracted his comments...

Page 7 of 176 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast

Thread Information