Page 6 of 176 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast
Like Tree8338Likes

Thread: Inaugurination and beyond: Trump thread part three

When is the wall going up? I'm going to do my best to be on the other side of that thing. I'll happily hang with Mexico and their hot ass president for 4 years.
    Brookie likes this.
    “Cigarettes and coffee: an alcoholic's best friend!”
    ~Gerard Way

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by stella blue View Post
    I really want to ask Trump voters how they can, with anything resembling a straight face, tell their children to behave and study and do the right thing. How they can look their daughters in the eye when they voted for someone who doesn't even pretend to treat women as anything more than decoration. I mean, if that's the world they want to live in, then they should teach their sons to lie, cheat, steal, and abuse and save up for liposuction and tit jobs instead of college for their daughters because that's how things work and that's how they like it. Ugh, I just cannot believe how many giant fucking assholes live in this country.
    Most of the ones I know, this is exactly how they think. Even the women. Bible thumping, subservient woman who know their place. It has nothing to do with education level, but the amount of brainwashing growing up believing the man is the be all. They believe spreading their legs is a duty and will gleefully do it whenever, where ever. It's sickening. It's watered down Sharia.

The south was a major contributor to the election results. I'm surrounded by them. I'm nothing like them. They see black people, I see people. They see deviates who need shock treatment. I see two gay males/females who care for each other. They see abominations with trans anything. I see people who dress better than me.

I need to get rich soon and buy an island - I don't fit into the fold.

I am so sad.

I just read that Trump's people banned the Interior Department from using Twitter because their official page retweeted a post comparing the size of the crowd to Obama's crowd 4 years ago.

Elite Member

it looks like a funeral.
    ManxMouse and panic like this.

^A funeral of somebody without friends. Jesus, they've accomodated hundreds, if not thousands of seats and there are like 20 people there. I remember with the Obama inaugurations, people were sitting in trees and lamp posts!
    Last edited by HWBL; January 21st, 2017 at 03:57 AM.
    BrowFilla, Alysheba, stef and 1 others like this.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Source Occupy Democrats

George Will Just Slammed Trump’s “Dreadful” Inauguration Speech

Columnist George Will departed the Republican Party due to the rise of Trump, but his sharp wit remains intact along with a keen dislike for bullshit and a sense of history. That’s why Will’s opinion column entitled “A most dreadful inaugural address” in the Washington Post is going viral:

Kellyanne Conway, Trump’s White House counselor, had promised that the speech would be “elegant.” This is not the adjective that came to mind as he described “American carnage.” That was a phrase the likes of which has never hitherto been spoken at an inauguration.

Oblivious to the moment and the setting, the always remarkable Trump proved that something dystopian can be strangely exhilarating: In what should have been a civic liturgy serving national unity and confidence, he vindicated his severest critics by serving up reheated campaign rhetoric about “rusted out factories scattered like tombstones across the landscape” and an education system producing students “deprived of all knowledge.” Yes, all.

He’s absolutely right, America’s presidents have never given such a speech describing the vast nation of America, with the world’s hardest working people, largest economy and one of the most technologically advanced societies on the planet as a nightmarish wasteland.

Any country has places that are pristine and places that are run down. But on the whole, today, our country has strong safety net programs like Social Security which cares for widowed children and the elderly. America has Obamacare to provide an individual insurance market for self-employed business people and guarantee that nobody will be denied healthcare because they’ve been sick in the past.
    America isn’t perfect, but with our Constitution and strong legal system to enforce laws, we’ve become a beacon of freedom even as we’ve proven to be human and flawed people. Will’s column finished with a historic flourish about the fallibility of people, but also the reliance of government upon The People as the ultimate check on the power of those who govern:

“A dependence on the people,” James Madison wrote, “is, no doubt, the primary control on the government; but experience has taught mankind the necessity of auxiliary precautions.” He meant the checks and balances of our constitutional architecture. They are necessary because, as Madison anticipated and as the nation was reminded on Friday, “Enlightened statesmen will not always be at the helm.”

Will’s conclusion is high-minded call to action to The People, for it is we who must vigorously oversee the new Republican regime, to expose their deeds rapidly and publicly until checks and balances in our system – likely the justice system – remove this serial sexual predator from office.

George Will’s shredding of the 45th President’s inaugural speech qualifies as both an accurate first draft of history, and a sharp follow-up by one of the first mainstream writers to lucidly express the danger of Russian entanglements we might find in Trump’s taxes, while we lament the installation of man who took the oath of office with his inner circle under a major espionage investigation for ties to Vladimir Putin.

If you missed the speech, just watch Trump plagiarize the super-villain Bane and you’ll understand why Will called it dystopian and slammed the new President as the Gatsby of our time:

Alysheba likes this.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

stef and sparkles like this.

Avatar? So his "speeches" for the forseeable future are going to be bad movie quotes? Fantastic.

I'm hearing he suspended the twitter account of the National Parks Service this morning when he found a tweet he didn't like.
    C_is_for_Cookie likes this.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

I probably should know Pence's wife's name, but I don't care, I just want to know who picked out that awful dress for her. She looks like a chaperone for a 6th grade formal dance.

Quote Originally Posted by Alysheba View Post
    The south was a major contributor to the election results. I'm surrounded by them.
    Right here with you, sister. I'm fortunate to have many smart, funny, talented, progressive women in my circle of friends, and so I sometimes forget what the general public is actually like. It's scary out there.
    Alysheba likes this.

Truthfully, I don't get the inauguration. I get the swearing in and the speech. I don't understand the ball gowns, dancing, cake? Is it a fucking wedding?

Quote Originally Posted by ShimmeringGlow View Post
    allegedly, this one and the one claiming he stole from Bee Movie are fakes. I've not seen either movie. Can't say.

However, he did steal a photo of Obama's inauguration to use as his twitter background.

Trump Inauguration: Twitter Account Used Old Obama Photo
    C_is_for_Cookie likes this.
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

Was the inauguration ball televised?
    "To be [black] in this country and to be relativity conscious is to be in a rage almost all of the time." ~ James Baldwin

More crowd shots from the biggest Inauguration ever. Ben Carson should have stayed in the car.

Page 6 of 176 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast

Thread Information