Page 13 of 176 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113 ... LastLast
Like Tree8338Likes

Thread: Inaugurination and beyond: Trump thread part three

Quote Originally Posted by Alysheba View Post
    I don't mean to argue, but what proof is there he's eyeing Ivanka? His expression seems to me as if he knows something. Has a secret. Those aren't they eyes of lust but knowledge. Friday? Why would he say Friday? It is Friday? Next Friday? Hillary reactions appears to be, stop Bill, before you give it away. I dunno. Wishful thinking, I suppose.

And another thing, where was Bob Lee Swagger today?

If I see one more comparison of the First Whore to Jackie Kennedy, I'll murder someone.

That's what I was thinking when I'd seen the video. I don't know who originally coined the title.
    But from what I can see.... he's focused .. at a person? a thing? , ... he shakes his head as if in agreement and I did lirpread him saying "friday"....then he catches Hilary looking at him, does a side glance, doesn't even care which to me implies this is NOT some hookup but something he can tell her about later... or ..or...maybe they have an open relationship, hell if I know and frankly... I don't care! I realy don't care. Just simply helping out by telling what he's said there.

My tea is more important than this entire laughable trump shit

Source Occupy Democrats

Urban Dictionary:

Urban Dictionary Just Hilariously Defined Trump’s “Alternative Facts”

It’s only been two days since the inauguration of Donald Trump as America’s 45th President, and already his Republican team of enablers has had to create an entirely new category of lying to describe their pathological liar leader’s propaganda efforts: “alternative facts.” After Kellyanne Conway tried to redefine intentional dissemination of falsehoods on NBC’s Meet the Press into something wholesome and cool, the Urban Dictionary hysterically defined her “fancy way to say bullshit” alternative facts like this:
    When truth is so unfavorable to a pathological liar, that they must invent a whole new category of lies to describe their nakedly intentional acts of deception.

Examples: “Kellyanne Conway told CNN that the President and his Press Secretary presented alternative facts about inauguration photographs that prove conclusively how few people attended the ceremony.” #lies#falsehood#intentional lies#pathological lies

“You’re saying it’s a falsehood and Sean Spicer, our press secretary, gave alternative facts to that.”
    “She should resign. That’s absurd. I would assume that she’s just not qualified for the position at this point.” Scott Dworkin, the Senior Advisor to the Democratic Coalition told MSNBC’s AM Joy Show. “It’s going to lead to people dying… Alternative facts? It’s a lie, the bottom line, it’s a lie.”
    Dworkin is right; during the Bush Administration, we witnessed first hand the dismissal of facts by a Republican administration with the blind support of two Republican houses of Congress. They led our country on a path of death, destruction, debt and misery. America is a nation built on a Constitutional system of government and people who value intelligence, technology, and the scientific facts, which ultimately become the political facts that our leaders typically use to make sage decisions in the best interests of every citizen.
    The pathological lying Trump regime can’t be allowed to remain in power for long, and it’s up to every American to oppose their attacks on truth and fact itself until he is impeached or resigns.
    Alternative facts are intentional lies, and when the president lies, someone dies.
    Author’s Note: I wrote the primary definition of Alternative Facts.

Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Trump claims media 'dishonest' over crowd photos

22 January 2017
    From the section US & Canada

Image copyright Reuters
    Image caption Trump's inauguration (left) and Obama's in 2009, viewed from the Washington Monument

President Donald Trump has accused the media of dishonesty over the number of people attending his inauguration.

Mr Trump was speaking after photographs were published appearing to show more people attended the inauguration of his predecessor Barack Obama in 2009.

Mr Trump's press secretary said it had been "the largest audience to ever see an inauguration" even though figures he cited add up to under 750,000 people.

He said the new US administration would hold the media accountable.

On Saturday, millions in the US and around the world took part in protests to highlight women's rights, which activists believe to be under threat from the new administration.

In response, President Trump tweeted on Sunday: "Watched protests yesterday but was under the impression that we just had an election!

"Why didn't these people vote? Celebs hurt cause badly."

The largest US rally was in the capital, Washington DC, which city officials estimated to be more than 500,000-strong, followed by New York with some 400,000 and hundreds of thousands elsewhere, including Chicago and Los Angeles.

Compare 2017 inauguration with 2009
    May 'not afraid' to challenge Trump
    In pictures: Global marches against Trump
    Two Americas in 24 hours

Inauguration: What are the figures?

For decades, the US National Park Service provided official crowd estimates for gatherings on the National Mall.

But the agency stopped providing counts after organisers of the Million Man March protest about rights for black people in 1995 threatened a lawsuit.

Mr Trump said "it looked like a million and a half people" there on Friday - with the crowd extending all the way back to the Washington Monument.

He provided no evidence and photos show that the crowd did not reach the monument.
    Media captionSean Spicer, White House press secretary said "no-one had numbers" for the inauguration

To support the argument, his press secretary Sean Spicer outlined figures amounting to 720,000 people in the Mall, despite having asserted seconds before that "no one had numbers" for the inauguration.

He also said that the number of people taking Washington's subway system on the day had been higher than during Mr Obama's second inauguration in 2013.

In fact, there were 782,000 tickets that year, but 571,000 this year, the Washington-area transit authority says.

Mr Spicer also said that plastic sheets had been used for the first time to cover the grass which "had the effect of highlighting areas people were not standing whereas in years past the grass eliminated this visual". In fact, the grass was also covered in 2013.

He added that fences and metal detectors had had an impact on attendance, but this had also been denied by officials as being a factor.

District of Columbia officials had made preparations for an estimated 700,000 to 900,000 people.
    Media captionProtesters and supporters of Donald Trump give their messages to each other
    What are US media saying?

The new president repeated his low opinion of the media dubbing reporters "among the most dishonest human beings on earth". Mr Spicer vowed "to hold the press accountable".

In their reaction, major US media outlets flatly denied the claims made by the US president and his spokesman.

The New York Times, singled out by Mr Spicer, denounced "false claims" and described the statements as a "striking display of invective and grievance at the dawn of a presidency".

CNN said it did not even broadcast the spokesman's statement live. It said the press secretary had attacked the media "for accurately reporting" and went on to debunk the claims.

ABC News also goes into detail to refute the claims.

Pro-Trump Fox News reported the claims unchallenged, and highlighted Mr Spicer's condemnation of a Time Magazine reporter who incorrectly reported that a bust of civil rights hero Martin Luther King Jr. had been removed from the Oval Office. The reporter later apologised for the error.

BuzzFeed News accuses Mr Spicer of lying and goes on to provide Twitter memes generated from his remarks.
    A worrying debut: Analysis by David Willis, BBC News, Washington

In his first ever White House briefing, Sean Spicer rounded on reporters in a manner few here can remember.

Echoing President Trump's charge of dishonesty, Mr Spicer issued a thinly-veiled warning to reporters covering the Trump presidency, saying the new administration intended to "hold the press accountable".

Precisely what he means by that is unclear, but the statement has left many veterans of the White House press pool deeply concerned.

Ultimately, of course, it begs the broader question - what will prove most unpalatable to this new administration: the messenger or the message?
    What are inauguration figures for past US presidents?

Officials from the District of Columbia have said that 1.8m people attended Mr Obama's 2009 inauguration and close to 1m showed up for his second in 2013.

George W Bush drew some 400,000 in 2005, 300,000 in 2001; Bill Clinton had 800,000 in 1993 then 250,000 in 1997.

Some 140,000 tickets were sold for Ronald Reagan's inauguration in 1985, but extreme cold forced officials to move the ceremony indoors, says Politifact.

It says the biggest crowd the National Park Service counted was for Lyndon Johnson's 1965 swearing-in that drew 1.2m

Http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-38707722

<3<3<3
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

That? Is awesome. Laughed my butt off.
    Kittylady likes this.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

That guy is awesome! Seeing a liberal redneck is as rare as the Dodo bird.

Sign Win.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Yes, that's Steve Buschemi
    Novice, Brah, palta and 15 others like this.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by whitetigeress View Post
    That's what I was thinking when I'd seen the video. I don't know who originally coined the title.
    But from what I can see.... he's focused .. at a person? a thing? , ... he shakes his head as if in agreement and I did lirpread him saying "friday"....then he catches Hilary looking at him, does a side glance, doesn't even care which to me implies this is NOT some hookup but something he can tell her about later... or ..or...maybe they have an open relationship, hell if I know and frankly... I don't care! I realy don't care. Just simply helping out by telling what he's said there.

My tea is more important than this entire laughable trump shit
    I've watched the vid several times. I see contempt, with a dash of "I know something", on Bill's face, and Hillary telling him to chill. His eyes are narrowed, indicating negativity. If they were wider, with a slight or sideways grin, well I may concede, he's eyeing some chick.

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/01/2...aD9BaFB‬

Someone post this please. It's pretty telling.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

Gold Member

Spicer looked like he was going to blow a fuse. I doubt he lasts a year. He will either quit or be fired.

https://medium.com/@susan.speer/to-c...e4b#.l4zx15vss

To Christy on Facebook, who doesn’t need the Women’s March

To Christy on Facebook, who doesn’t need the Women’s March

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.8)]In response to the millions of women who marched yesterday, there’s a Facebook rebuttal going around by a woman named Christy. Apparently, there are quite a few women who agree with her.[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.8)]The summary: Christy doesn’t need this march. Why do any women need this march? This is America, I have everything I need, and if you don’t, it’s your own fault, and marching won’t fix that for you.[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.8)]Here is my response to Christy, and by association, all the women who agreed with her:[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.8)]Hi Christy. We don’t know each other, but your #notmymarch post is getting shared a lot today. It showed up in my feed, thanks to a few of my friends who like what you’re saying.[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.8)]In some respects, our worlds probably aren’t too far apart.[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.8)]I’m going to make assumptions — and I could be wrong — but I’m a college-educated, professional mom. I live in a safe neighborhood with nice houses, surrounded by big, shady trees. My days are filled with the stuff of suburbia: My kids get a warm breakfast before school, and I go to work or the gym. I get my groceries delivered to my door. I’m a single mom and my life gets messy sometimes, but I’m grateful for everything my kids and I have and I fully understand that there are women in this country who don’t have a sliver of what I have and no matter what they do, they never will. And it isn’t because they aren’t trying hard enough.[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.8)]Christy, I’m going to ask you an important question.[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.8)]Besides the cashier at Target — the one who watches you swipe your bank card and walk out with your $195 worth of whatever you buy at Target — besides that woman, or the woman who stretches out of the drive-thru window to give you your grande skinny latte that you paid for with the app on your phone…. (and here’s the question) When was the last time you had a meaningful conversation with a woman whose life isn’t pretty much like yours?[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.8)]Take all the time you need.[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.8)]You said you were being made to feel like you’re a “disgrace to women” because you don’t agree with women who marched yesterday.[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.8)]That’s a clever opener to get a boost from the girlfriends who might be on the edge of feeling the way you do, and were waiting for someone to say it so they could agree with you. It’s like saying, “I know I’m fat and ugly,” so your friends will rush to your side to reassure you that you’re not.[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.8)]You say your voice is heard. You say you’re not a second-class citizen. So what’s the problem, amirite?[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.8)]Again, I’m full of assumptions here, but you feel like your voice is heard, because maybe you have no idea what it feels like to not be heard. You don’t feel like a second-class citizen, because you’ve never been one.[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.8)]You feel like you have control over your body.[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.8)]I have control over my body, too, so I hear ya. In fact, next week, I’m going for my annual pap and mammo. It’s covered as a well exam on my insurance. But, a few years ago, my OB-GYN recommended that I get an IUD. Medically, this was a better choice for me than other hormonal birth control, or no birth control. But the insurance plan I had at the time didn’t cover IUDs. It was going to cost $1,000. The other stuff — pills, implants — was covered 100%, but weren’t right for me, medically. I passed on the IUD and decided to just deal. Because I didn’t need the IUD to prevent pregnancy, but that’s another thing entirely. Sure $1,000 is a lot of money. I could have paid it, but I was pissed off that it was singled out as the one that had a price tag — and a big one at that. I wasn’t going to die and my uterus wasn’t going to be diseased if I didn’t get the IUD, so it was a choice I could make for myself.[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.8)]Have you ever skipped an annual pelvic exam or mammogram, because your kid needed new shoes and you had to choose and hope for the best?[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.8)]Not everyone gets free reproductive healthcare in this country. Have you ever stopped using birth control because the clinic in your neighborhood closed, and the closest one now is across town, and you can’t get there because you’re working two jobs and someone else in your family uses the one car in the driveway? If you’re feeling OK, putting off that exam for a year, or two, or three is almost always an easy decision when you literally have to decide how to spend the $50 in your hand and your kids need stuff.[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.8)]Have you ever been sexually assaulted? Shoved around by a drunk ex-boyfriend? Felt unsafe around someone? If so, did you have control over your body then?[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.8)]I don’t think this needs explaining, but maybe it does. Violence against women doesn’t know zip codes or security gates. It happens to women no matter what their life and economic situation. It may be happening in a house on your street. When women are assaulted (and this has a very broad definition), women have no control over where or how they get hit. Or cut. Or pushed up against a wall. Or followed too closely by a weirdo in a parking lot. Or when fucked with their own hot curling iron. Or dragged by the hair while her kids hear something behind that closed door and they’re crying in the next room and she’s trying to be quiet so she doesn’t scare the kids, but it’s hard to be absolutely silent when she’s sure this will be the time her husband will kill her. It’s really something you should care about and you need to understand that this is in your bubble, even if you don’t know it.[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.8)]You say you can go out and get a job if you want.[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.8)]You are fortunate. So am I. I don’t have to “get permission” to work (some women in this country do). I don’t have to feel like the hole that is my life is getting deeper and blacker because I don’t have the skills to get the job I want that will pay more, put more food on the table and more gas in the tank. Or don’t have a way to get to work. There are millions of women out there who desperately want to work and can’t afford the childcare. Do you know anyone who has these barriers?[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.8)]You can vote.[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.8)]So can I. And I always do. This last election, for the first time, I got more involved, and I spent Election Day working at a voting precinct. I was that person who checked your ID to make sure you were voting in the correct location. I was the person who gave directions to the confused elderly couple who thought they were at the right place but needed to go a couple of miles down the road. I was the person who congratulated young voters who were voting for the first time; I wanted that day to feel important to them. I checked the IDs of women who dressed up to vote because it’s a special day, and people who showed up in torn, dirty shirts and crusty work boots. I welcomed moms with kids in strollers and people pushed in wheelchairs. I was the person who apologized to the woman in a hurry, because she was on her lunch break, and I had to tell her that the address on her ID didn’t match what was in the system. She moved to this neighborhood recently, but hasn’t had time to get her drivers license updated. There’s no way she can get to her old precinct and back in the 20 minutes she’s got left, and she’s crying, because she really wanted to vote. Or the woman who ran in at 6:57 p.m., breathless and hoping she wasn’t too late. We celebrated her as the last voter of the day. She cried too.[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.8)]All of these people were lucky — just like you and me, they knew they could vote. They had an idea of where they should go to vote. They had a way to get there. They had the ID that I checked against the precinct’s rolls, probably because they drive. But, just as a single example, I live in a city that’s nearly 70 percent minority, and the older women come from a time, place and culture where their husbands always drove; and they never learned to drive, never got a license. Her husband died, and she found a ride so she could vote. She fumbles in her pocketbook for something with her name on it. A Medicare card? Can I take her Medicare card? “I’m sorry, ma’am. I know, it’s a government card, but it’s not on the list of IDs I can accept.”[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.8)]I turned a few others away, too. Not because they were the “fraudulent voters” we’re told hover around our polling places, waiting to cast an illegitimate vote. I didn’t see a single one of those, even in my city full of immigrants and people who live in the shadows, even though they don’t have to. I had to turn away veterans, old people, young people, I had to turn them away for a whole bunch of different reasons brought about by the fear that someone who shouldn’t vote, might try.[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.8)]You say you feel heard.[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.8)]I feel like I’m heard, too. Imagine, though, if you lived with any or all of the things I described above, and nobody cared, or your senator heard a lobbyist’s voice over yours and voted to cut off funding for your kid’s after school program, or neighborhood clinic, or changed a bus route that got you to work and back? Or took away your family’s health coverage? Imagine if that was your life. And nobody cared. Worse, people write about it on Facebook and declare your life as a poor choice and you should have made better decisions?[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.8)]The only person who can stop you is yourself.[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.8)]I feel that way about my life, too. I was raised in an environment where I was nurtured and encouraged. I’m going to guess you were, too. We take that for granted, because we were told from the time we understood language that we could do and be anything we wanted. We were never on the other side of that, where families shrug their shoulders and are a little disappointed when their daughter decides not to finish high school. Her mom and grandma never finished high school, either, College? That’s for kids who live in the neighborhoods where she’s cleaning houses with her aunt; she never finished school, either. Just like the bubble you and I live in, she’s got her own bubble, except it’s not as nice. If you don’t know any women who finished high school or anyone who’s gone to college, and if you aren’t surrounded by people who tell you what’s possible, it’s easy to think it’s not your reality.[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.8)]But what about the horrible things that happen to women in Pakistan, Mali and Guatemala?[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.8)]Yes. I know. Horrible things happen to women all over the world. I also ache for their oppression, their abuse, their poverty, their lack of schools and clean water. But that’s a whole different conversation. In case I haven’t made myself clear yet, there’s a lot of women right here, in this country, who need things they aren’t getting, and they deserve their own conversation.[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.8)]Which brings me to The Women’s March.[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.8)]I didn’t march because I personally feel marginalized. I marched because I can. I marched because a lot of women can’t, even if you don’t see them. I marched for women of privilege, women who don’t have shit, women who are raising awesome children with their same-sex partner who has to legally adopt the child that is biologically hers, and might find herself spontaneously unmarried in the eyes of the Supreme Court. I marched for women who need reproductive healthcare of any kind. I marched for the 17-year old pregnant girl who dropped out of school to sort my clothes at the dry cleaners for $7.25/hour. She has to quit when the baby comes because she doesn’t get any time off, paid or otherwise. Her next job will be minimum wage, too, because she hasn’t gotten her GED yet and doesn’t know if she can get in the night school program because she’ll need someone to stay with her newborn. I marched for the woman who was raped in college and still hasn’t even told her best friend, after all these years.[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.8)]I even marched for you, Christy. Even if you don’t feel like you need anyone to march for you.[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.8)]© Susan Sheffloe Speer, 2017[/COLOR]
    Alysheba and C_is_for_Cookie like this.

^^^ Crap, I couldn't figure out how to post without all the formatting stuff. Click the link if you're interested. I think it's a beautifully written piece.

Thread Information