Page 11 of 176 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast
Like Tree8338Likes

Thread: Inaugurination and beyond: Trump thread part three

^Like a 2-year-old he thrives on attention. If it weren't for the total corruption within everything rightwing (GOP as well as FOX and rightwing talk radio) everybody should strike a deal to totally ignore him, attention wise. So, everybody SHOULD keep an eye on his actions and document it to gather evidence, but NOT broadcast it, not write or talk about it. In a perfect world that would shrink him into a pathetic puddle of yellow glob.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

One of my biggest concerns is that Trump will find a way to revoke broadcasting licenses, and we'll have ONLY Fox News out there. Nobody in that administration seems to care about laws, policies, or constitutional rights.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Brookie, C_is_for_Cookie and panic like this.

***** celeb

Tis the times’ plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    William Shakespeare, King Lear (via verbal-betrayal)

Quote Originally Posted by Brookie View Post
    One of my biggest concerns is that Trump will find a way to revoke broadcasting licenses, and we'll have ONLY Fox News out there. Nobody in that administration seems to care about laws, policies, or constitutional rights.
    The only hope I would have in that is hoping our brothers & sisters in other countries wouldn't be censored, and online you'd still be able to find coverage on US.

I agree with others that there is something wrong with Trump mentally. I don't know if it's drugs, narcissistic tendencies, or something like dementia... But I get the feeling we're going to be seeing a lot of other people speak for Trump bc, you're right, they can't hide it very much longer now that he is officially in that position.
    HWBL, Mivvi21, Brookie and 2 others like this.
    Sugar... The real gateway drug

I really do think that they want to move the press corps to cover up how little he's going to be doing. Reagan's staff hid his Alzheimer's, but Reagan had a team of professionals around him who knew what they were doing. Trump doesn't have that. He is uncontrollable and won't be able to help his staff in the coverup.

Source: News and Guts

We know the Trump team loves the term "fake news," now will their new term be "alternative facts?"

This morning on Meet the Press, Trump advisor KellyAnne Conway defended press secretary Sean Spicer's "news" conference about the inauguration's crowd size. Despite Spicer having made numerous points that could easily be disproven by photos and video of the event, Conway said Spicer had it right. She said he presented 'alternative facts.' Chuck Todd rightfully challenged her and pointed out that alternative facts are not facts, they're falsehood.

But even more alarming was in the same interview, Conway said, if this type of coverage of the Trump White House continues, they are going "to have to rethink our relationship with the press." It is becoming clear that President Trump's ongoing war with the media (his words, not ours) is not coming to an end anytime soon. There are some who believe undermining the public's trust in the media is a finely-honed strategy of the new Administration. And clearly, many who voted for Trump already have trust issues with the press.

Regardless, less than 48 hours into his presidency, President Trump's relationship with the press remains as adversarial as ever.

I wonder, if somebody can find tangible proof that Trump has a neurological disorder like Alzheimer's, that would mean he's incapacitated and unfit to make decisions therefor unift to sign official documents. Should all the executive orders he signed become invalid?

***** celeb

Quote Originally Posted by Alysheba View Post
    I'm with you. I unfriended three. Proud of it. I had one who commented I "should SUBMIT to Trump". That is a quote. Yes, a man.
    Turned down another friend request. This time from someone in one of the Facebook old movie pages. We had a really nice discussion about movies, and she sent me a friend request. Her original avatar was a picture of her in her old military uniform. But she changed it to a picture of donald trump with the meme - THIS IS MY PRESIDENT. Needless to say, I turned down her friend request.
    "To be [black] in this country and to be relativity conscious is to be in a rage almost all of the time." ~ James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by HWBL View Post
    Source: News and Guts

I wonder, if somebody can find tangible proof that Trump has a neurological disorder like Alzheimer's, that would mean he's incapacitated and unfit to make decisions therefor unift to sign official documents. Should all the executive orders he signed become invalid?
    He's going to have to submit to a Presidential medical exam, but the public won't get the full story. We know this White House now believes in #alternativefacts.
    Kittylady likes this.

Source Occupy Democrats

Dan Rather is on a roll:

Dan Rather Just Went VIRAL Responding to Trump’s “Alternative Facts”

Legendary journalist Dan Rather just immediately took to Facebook to decry President Trump’s and Kellyanne Conway’s ridiculous assertion that their “alternative facts” about the size of the inauguration crowd are as valid as the official count from professional crowd counters. It’s emblematic of Trump’s entire lie-ridden presidency, and Mr. Rather knows it.
    So, he did what he tends to do lately… took to Facebook to give Trump a piece of his mind:
    These are not normal times. These are extraordinary times. And extraordinary times call for extraordinary measures.

When you have a spokesperson for the president of the United States wrap up a lie in the Orwellian phrase “alternative facts”…

when you have a press secretary in his first appearance before the White House reporters threaten, bully, lie, and then walk out of the briefing room without the cajones to answer a single question…

when you have a President stand before the stars of the fallen CIA agents and boast about the size of his crowds (lies) and how great his authoritarian inaugural speech was….

these are not normal times.

The press has never seen anything like this before. The public has never seen anything like this before. And the political leaders of both parties have never seen anything like this before.

What can we do? We can all step up and say simply and without equivocation. “A lie, is a lie, is a lie!” And if someone won’t say it, those of us who know that there is such a thing as the truth must do whatever is in our power to diminish the liar’s malignant reach into our society.

There is one group of people who can do a lot – very quickly. And that is Republicans in Congress. Without their support, Donald Trump’s presidency will falter. So here is what I think everyone in the press must do. If you are interviewing a Paul Ryan, a Mitch McConnell, or any other GOP elected official, the first question must be “what will you do to combat the lying from the White House?” If they dodge and weave, keep with the follow ups. And if they refuse to give a satisfactory answer, end the interview.

Facts and the truth are not partisan. They are the bedrock of our democracy. And you are either with them, with us, with our Constitution, our history, and the future of our nation, or you are against it. Everyone must answer that question.

***** celeb

Elite Member

Alternative facts? Give me a fucking break. They're LIES.

His followers will believe those alternative facts though, because they are right and everyone is wrong and out to get them.

I will give him and his team credit for one thing...and ONLY this one thing. They have brilliantly demonized the press and branded everyone who doesn't believe in Trump as liars. Facts mean nothing. That is truly a scary, scary thing. It won't matter what the media says, they will present alternative facts (LIES) and his supporters will buy into it hook, line and sinker.

I just watched that speech to the CIA, and it is one of the most terrifying things I've ever seen.

And Spicer? Dude spent most of that stream of crap ranting about crowd size. Snickering at crowd size is fun. But this is a gossip site, and it is entirely appropriate to do that here. He was giving a press briefing and should have been dealing with issues instead of having a pissy fit.

In good news, however...

Dumped inaugural parade announcer attends women's march

BY MALLORY SHELBOURNE - 01/21/17 10:06 AM EST

© Screengrab

Charlie Brotman, the long-time presidential inauguration announcer who President Donald Trump chose not to use for his inauguration Friday, instead attended the Women’s March on Washington on Saturday.
    Linda Sarsour, the executive director of the Arab American Association of New York and one of the march’s organizers, tweeted a photo of Brotman with her at the march Saturday.
    “I had to get him here. Charlie Brotman, inauguration announcer since Eisenhower dropped by Trump is HERE with us!” she wrote.
    Brotman had been the announcer for the inaugural parades since 1957.
    He instead announced the organizers of the National Women's March on Washington.
    "I have announced the presidential inaugural parade, which the crowed here are much larger than at the parade," he said. "Today I've got a new job and I am tickled to have that job. It's my honor to welcome the national organizers for the National Women's March on Washington."
    "The impossible is now taking place," he added.
    After hearing that he would not be the announcer for Trump’s parade, Brotman said he thought he was “going to commit suicide.”“I was disappointed because I thought I would be the announcer, and then when I read the email, I thought I was going to commit suicide. It was really terrible,” he said on CNN earlier this month.
    NBC News4 hired Brotman for coverage of Friday’s ceremony.
    Dumped inaugural parade announcer attends women's march | TheHill

As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

Quote Originally Posted by HWBL View Post
    ^Like a 2-year-old he thrives on attention. If it weren't for the total corruption within everything rightwing (GOP as well as FOX and rightwing talk radio) everybody should strike a deal to totally ignore him, attention wise. So, everybody SHOULD keep an eye on his actions and document it to gather evidence, but NOT broadcast it, not write or talk about it. In a perfect world that would shrink him into a pathetic puddle of yellow glob.
    Speaking of which...

Silver Member

I didn't attend the Women's March on Saturday but I saw people heading down to the Mall all morning. Driving back to DC on 66 earlier in the morning, I passed a packed Orange line train heading to the West Falls Church station (the second stop on the Orange line heading from suburban VA into DC for those who aren't familiar with the DC Metro). Every single car was already packed from front to back with passengers and I knew they were protesters because I saw lots of pink and signs. I was so happy and proud.

On Inauguration Day, I tried to have a discussion with the only Trump supporter I know personally because I felt enough time had passed that I wouldn't cry and yell while having this discussion. I feel that it's not fair to disniss every Trump voter as racist, misogynist redneck white trash so I wanted to understand why he was happy that Trump won but we didn't get very far before I got too upset. It seems to me that the gleeful Trump voters truly don't understand why those of us who didn't vote for him would be as upset as we are. I have 2 biracial little girls. You better believe that I'm terrified for them. I wasn't happy when GWB won a second term but I didn't feel the despair and fear that I felt when Trump won. As long as I live, I will never understand how anyone be happy that Trump is our president and even think, much less truly believe, that he can fix anything.

I did take bitter comfort in knowing that Trump, thin-skinned spoiled little boy that he is, was PISSED that no A-list celebs wanted anything to do with him and that he only had 2/3 (if that) the crowds Obama had in 2013. You know he desperately wants beautiful celebs at his parties and it's eating him up so much that they despise him

Fucking Cheetolini didn't even have the balls to talk about the little, eh, marches that took place yesterday. More people at the march than at the inaugural. Sad!

How are normal people not scared? I'm sure some normal people voted for this fucker. How are they not scared and concerned?

Some bitch was on CNN last night, trying to turn the marches into something negative and bad. Saying how it wasn't really a women's march. It wasn't inclusive of all women. This was a pro-abortion march.

They just want to be ignorant.

I feel bad for saying this, but I really hope there are consequences for those that voted for him. Yes, I know that it will affect all of us, but I feel it has to happen. The people that were stupid enough to believe him. Those who depend on the ACA, and yet chose to vote for someone who was flat out telling you that he was going to get rid of it. Those are the people that are going to be hit hardest. People with chronic,pre-existing conditions that will be almost completely uninsurable. There will be high risk pools, exclusions, waiting periods, etc. Oh, Obama promised that you'd be able to keep your doctor and broke that promise? Good luck keeping your doctor with NO INSURANCE. The promise of jobs returning from a person who has his own products, and those of his daughter, made in Mexico and China. The promise of a wall that American taxpayers will now have to pay for, all the while deporting the very people that out food on your table. Yeah, the migrant farmers that work the fields. Remember when they started cracking down on illegal immigrants working in the fields? The farmers posting help wanted ads in the community and who showed up?? No one. Impoverished areas where no one was willing to show up and earn a paycheck because picked fruit and vegetables wasn't good enough. Better to sit home than earn an honest paycheck. Let me tell you, if I needed money to feed my family, I'd pick pretty much anything.

So, good luck to those who voted for him.

Thread Information