Page 10 of 176 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060110 ... LastLast
Like Tree8338Likes

Thread: Inaugurination and beyond: Trump thread part three

Quote Originally Posted by ShimmeringGlow View Post

WOW. Just wow.
    MsDark, weathered1 and Kittylady like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilson View Post

Get used to this. Every.single.day.
    Omg, he's a big baby whiner too. Jeez.

Bless their little plastic surgery hearts...(and cheeks, noses, lips, eyes, necks)

Gloria My Goddess Steinem was asked by a reporter "Do you have a message for Trump"? "Yes, it's time to leave".
    Last edited by Chalet; January 21st, 2017 at 10:04 PM.
    KrisNine, Alysheba and panic like this.

We marched today, my trans wife and our son. Holy shit, it literally took an hour and a half just to get out of the gate at the capitol to START marching. It was fucking amazing, so many people, so much spirit.

The deal is, no--we aren't changing the minds of the other side. We're putting them on notice. Even more, starting a movement to get people who have not been participating to GET OFF THEIR ASSES and VOTE! AND CALL your reps about things that matter! That's how they know you care. It's not so much national even, in my opinion, it needs to be local, and state-wide. From the ground up. Get involved.

Out of all the incredibly clever signs I saw today, my fave was a simple one scrawled in marker on a white t-shirt: "I can't believe I still have to protest this shit!"
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

Ok, I hate to admit that I liked Ashley Judd. I love that people are so offended that she said pussy. They say that she went lower than the person she's protesting. Really? An actress saying pussy and your president saying he likes to grab women by the pussy and force himself on them is somehow lower?? I unfriended someone today and I don't give a fuck.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    Ok, I hate to admit that I liked Ashley Judd. I love that people are so offended that she said pussy. They say that she went lower than the person she's protesting. Really? An actress saying pussy and your president saying he likes to grab women by the pussy and force himself on them is somehow lower?? I unfriended someone today and I don't give a fuck.
    I'm with you. I unfriended three. Proud of it. I had one who commented I "should SUBMIT to Trump". That is a quote. Yes, a man.

Shoulda told him SUBMIT to your ass, cause women should submit to no man.

France
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

In my opinion, he has either dementia or Alzheimer's based upon his facial expression and dead eyes. His blank expression is the same as my late mother's before she was diagnoised. They are going to limit his speech giving after yesterday's performance. They're not going go able to hide for much longer what is going on.

^Yeah, that looks like 1.5 million to me.
    Can you imagine being a lone, crazy, gunman arriving here with the gun you managed to smuggle through and only have to assemble to do the deed? One look at the empty seats and his shoulders hung down and he left, muttering he couldn't get lost in the crowd because there wasn't one, not even a huddle.

redcat and C_is_for_Cookie like this.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

This fuckhead.... What a goddamned embarrassment.
    ana-mish-ana, Brah, Wilson and 7 others like this.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Robert Reich on Facebook

Robert Reich

On his first full day in office, President Trump visited the Central Intelligence Agency and, in front of a hallowed wall devoted to fallen CIA agents, Trump delivered a stream-of-consciousness outpouring of grievances: at the Senate for delaying confirmation of his nominees, at critics for questioning whether he is smart and vigorous (“Trust me. I’m, like, a smart person,” and he feels young “I feel like I’m 30, -35, 39.”), and journalists, whom he called “the most dishonest human beings on earth.”
    He also lied repeatedly, about issues large and small.

Small:

1. Trump claimed that the crowd for his swearing-in stretched down the National Mall to the Washington Monument and totaled more than 1 million people, and he accused the media of reporting falsely that he drew just 250,000 people. “It’s a lie,” Trump said. “We caught [the media]. We caught them in a beauty.” Trump is wrong. The 250,000 figure is accurate. That’s far below the number of people who attended Obama’s inauguration in 2008 (I posted comparative photos, yesterday), and below the number who marched in Washington today against Trump and his agenda.

2. Trump even lied about the weather. He said he felt a few drops of rain as he started delivering his inaugural address, but then, “God looked down and, and he said we’re not going to let it rain on your speech.. . .The truth is it stopped immediately.” In fact, light rain continued to fall through the first few minutes of the speech — and VIP’s at the dais took out ponchos, including former president George W. Bush — and then quit. Trump said there was a downpour right after he finished, which did not occur.

Big:

3. More importantly, Trump told CIA employees there that agency has been losing the battle against the Islamic State and other terror groups. That runs counter to every intelligence report we have.

4. Trump insisted that he valued the agency.“They sort of made it sound like I had a feud with the intelligence community,” Trump said, criticizing the press. In fact, Trump has repeatedly vilified the intelligence community for what he claimed were its politically charged conclusions about Russia’s intervention in the 2016 election in order to help Trump. At a Jan. 11 news conference, he accused intelligence officials of being behind a “Nazi-like smear campaign” against him. And in his tweets he’s put quotation marks around the word “intelligence” in referring to the CIA. Last weekend he even attacked CIA Director John Brennan (who resigned Friday at the conclusion of President Obama’s term), suggesting he was “the leaker of Fake News.”

5. Trump claimed, as he’s done before, that the United States bungled its exit from Iraq by not taking Iraq’s oil. “If we kept the oil, we wouldn’t have had ISIS in the first place,” Trump said, asserting that this is how the Islamic State terrorist group made its money. But, as has been well established, taking Iraq’s oil would have violated international law (both the 1949 Geneva Convention and the 1907 Hague Convention).

Our new president is dangerously deranged. The fact he's now Commander-in-Chief, with power over the armed forces and all intelligence, is simply frightening.
    What do you think?

Source: Occupy Democrats

Dan Rather Just Went Viral Tearing Trump’s First Day Apart

Donald Trump’s first full day as President of the United States was an incredibly disturbing and surreal exercise in nascent authoritarian reality distortion and flat-out denial of obvious, irrefutable fact. Our denier-in-chief spoke to the Central Intelligence Agency, where he openly declared war on the press over the factual reporting of his inauguration’s low turnout, declared that God himself had intervened to prevent the rain from falling on his ceremony (it rained), and then casually announced that we might invade Iraq again to “get back the oil.”

Directly after this, his press secretary Minister of Propaganda, Sean Spicer, dutifully repeated the same lies to the media behind a backdrop of reversed inaugural photos that misrepresented the low turnout despite the overwhelming evidence to the contrary.

Legendary journalist Dan Rather took to Facebook tonight to express his thoughts on the horrifying absurdity of the day’s events with his trademark wisdom. His horrified disbelief and disgust at the neo-Soviet carnival of Trumpism is the clear-headed analysis we all need to help make sense of this ridiculous mess:
    As the day comes to an end, and what a strange and unprecedented day in so many ways – here are some brief thoughts scribbled in my reporter’s notebook.

In the ”Wizard of OZ”, Dorothy famously said to her dog, ”Toto, I’ve a feeling we’re not in Kansas anymore.” That comes to mind in trying to get my head around–trying to process–Day 1 of the Trump Presidency. In a rough paraphrase, folks, we’re now in a totally different America from anything that has gone before – certainly anything I’ve seen before. We’re in a whole new political cosmos. An unpredictable and in so many ways dangerous one.

Consider, just for review:

–The President, on his first day, launched two new direct attacks on the press. One delivered personally in a rambling talk at CIA headquarters, another through his spokesman at the White House.
    — His press secretary repeated lies about the size of the inaugural crowd, as if such things even matter, as opposed to such things as forming a more perfect Union, establishing justice, ensuring domestic tranquility, and providing for the common defense – the serious concerns our Founding Fathers put in the Constitution.

— Mr. Trump’s personal attacks came as he spoke at the CIA praising –again–his election win. This was done as he spoke in front of a wall dedicated with the names of 116 CIA heroes who gave their lives in service of their country. He virtually ignored that during his talk. (He did praise U.S. intelligence agencies, the same ones he has ridiculed repeatedly before, even at one point likening to Nazis. These are the same intelligence services actively investigating the President’s possible ties to Russia and those of his associates.)
    –And all of this against the backdrop of a huge, worldwide mass demonstration under the banner of women’s rights, but really so much more and with heavy anti-Trump overtones. This was a historic global civil rights demonstration of sorts, a peaceful process the lasting effects, if any, cannot yet be measured.

Trump supporters continue to counsel patience and “give him a chance.” Hard to make a case that there’ll be much patience and chance-giving if he keeps doing what he did today. A badly divided nation waits and holds its collective breath, hoping and praying, and trying to get its head around the new, ”other world” reality.

Last edited by HWBL; January 22nd, 2017 at 04:21 AM.

***** celeb

Quote Originally Posted by stella blue View Post
    I need to step awaaaaayyy from the facebook. I've had three threads deleted today by "friends of friends" because I was pwning them and they couldn't take it. Maybe they need a safe space.
    Uh NO - THEY need to step away. Not you.

Trump even lied about the weather. He said he felt a few drops of rain as he started delivering his inaugural address, but then, “God looked down and, and he said we’re not going to let it rain on your speech.. . .The truth is it stopped immediately.” In fact, light rain continued to fall through the first few minutes of the speech — and VIP’s at the dais took out ponchos, including former president George W. Bush — and then quit. Trump said there was a downpour right after he finished, which did not occur.
    Bush fighting with that plastic poncho was one of the highlights of the day. There's Obama sitting calmly in his chair, and Bush behind him losing the battle with a piece of plastic. And then cracking himself up about it.
    Brah, HWBL, Wilson and 8 others like this.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

^I have to admit that as long as he remains out of politics, I do love watching GWB. He's such a hilarious mess. Unlike donald who is a terrifying, psychotic mess. Both should stay out of politics, though.
    Brookie, Wilson, tulip and 8 others like this.

***** celeb

From HuffPo:
    Former Central Intelligence Agency Director John Brennan said Saturday that he is “deeply saddened and angered” by President Donald Trump’s “despicable display of self-aggrandizement” during a speech in front of CIA employees.

Speaking at the spy agency he spent months disparaging, Trump attacked the media for accurately reporting the crowd size at his inauguration, criticized reporters over claims he removed a bust of Martin Luther King Jr. from the Oval Office and told his audience that “probably almost everybody in this room voted for me.”
    Packed house my ass. He went on a Saturday, when most of the staff is not working, AND he took some of his own people to cheer for him (like he usually does). Then he made the entire speech and occasion about HIM.

Four years. I hope not.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Thread Information