Page 38 of 39 FirstFirst ... 28343536373839 LastLast

Thread: The Inauguration of Barack Obama, the 44th President of the United States

Quote Originally Posted by SSDiva View Post
    Dallas that's Denzel in that picture looking homeless and lost...

If you have issue with the new President, why would you come into a thread celebrating his inaugural just to trash him and and the people there celebrating...
    because attention whoring is a real disease,Diva
    eat a hot bowl of dicks.

Well fuck me, I'm on permanent ignore. I guess that's what happens when you're outmatched, you run crying from th room and take your toys with you.

Someone quote me so the god warrior sees this please.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Were posts deleted? I see them quoted,but mama mia's original ones aren't here anymore
    eat a hot bowl of dicks.

oh dear, maybe she was smoten by jebus.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    Well fuck me, I'm on permanent ignore. I guess that's what happens when you're outmatched, you run crying from th room and take your toys with you.

Someone quote me so the god warrior sees this please.
    Aw. There, there. Jesus luvs you.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

ZOMG DID U PREY 4 ME!?

bwhaahaha gay.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mrs.v View Post
    because attention whoring is a real disease,Diva
    Well, since we all apparently think Obama is the Second Coming, maybe we can pray for him to cure that disease, too.

Except then we wouldn't have any fun around here anymore. Imagine life without Ebola Hilton, Denise Richards, and all the fun trolls?
    "We know who we are, we like talking smack about strangers, and we're not gonna stop!" -- GR's Kalirga

After people starting reporting her posts she started to delete them. She apparently missed the part of common sense that says attacking someone but then deleting the post doesn't mean you never attacked them in the first place.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

It just blows me away how Obama was able to stand in front of all those people, not to mention all the tv viewers around the world, and not miss a beat with his speech. He's so cool, calm and collected. To me, that would be cruel and unusual punishment making me do that! But his confidence makes me feel confident in his abilities.
    It's like you ate too much crazy then puked it all over a post and hit submit - Nancydrew

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    wtf, worship Obama? Higher power?

Does Obama somehow threaten Jebus or something now?

(p.s. Jesus failed pretty badly considering he was stapled to a plank of wood and left to rot. That's some serious fail.)
    You are so politically incorrect Grimm.

I LOVE it.
    ssabmud

Obama linked to War of 1812?

If it's true that President Barack Obama's ancestry is linked to the War of 1812, then local historians are even more confident the River Raisin Battlefield will soon be designated as a national park.

The revelation was made Saturday during a day-long commemoration of the 196th anniversary of the massacre. At the Monroe County Historical Museum, William H. Braunlich, president of the Monroe County Historical Society, told a gathering that he learned the new president's seventh-great grand uncle on his mother's side served as acting governor of Kentucky in 1812.

Mr. Braunlich explained that the governor at the time, Issac Shelby, chose to lead his troops in the Battle of the Thames where the cry of "Remember the Raisin" helped inspire them to defeat the British following the River Raisin massacre.

The Lieutenant Governor was Richard Hickman, who is an apparent ancestor to President Obama's mother. Mr. Hickman served briefly as governor of Kentucky during the War of 1812 while Gov. Shelby led the troops to defeat the British and avenge the massacre here in Monroe County.

"We have a golden connection," Mr. Braunlich told an audience of about 30 at the museum.

Earlier this month, the U.S. Senate passed legislation supporting the designation of the battlefield to be part of the National Park Service. In the next two to four weeks, the U.S. House of Representatives is expected to vote on the matter. If passed, it then would need a signature of the president, expected to be a formality to finalizing the long process.

"We are very, very close," Mr. Braunlich said. "Another partner has come to the table and that partner is the U.S. government."

Mr. Braunlich's remarks were made prior to local historian Ralph Naveaux's slideshow presentation of his new book, "Invaded on all Sides, the Story of Michigan's Greatest Battlefield."

Mr. Naveaux, the former director of the museum, portrayed in details the events leading to the battle that turned into a massacre as British and Indian forces attacked the Americans.

Using local landmarks where historical events occurred that Jan. 24 morning, Mr. Naveaux described a horrific event where the wounded were slaughtered and their remains were eaten by hogs and dogs. Retreating forces by the dozens were attacked and killed.

"The Indians caught up with those groups and wiped them out," Mr. Naveaux said during his presentation. "The locals really had it hard, too."

The battle eliminated up to 50 percent of the settlers of Frenchtown, he said, as houses and barns were set on fire.

One difficulty in writing the book, Mr. Naveaux said, was trying to decipher different accounts of what occurred. Additionally, some information simply was not available.

"In my book, I'm trying to tell a story," he said. "But there are all these versions. That was one of the challenges."

One small example of different versions involve the cannon that sits in front of the Monroe County Courthouse. Mr. Naveaux said some believed it was recovered from the mud of the River Raisin while others believed it was dug up from the lake shore or found in a barn. It actually was sold for scrap before being salvaged.

The discussion at the museum was one of several events commemorating the anniversary. Re-enactors performed a demonstration of the battle at the corner of N. Dixie Hwy. and E. Elm Ave. Also, a flag-raising and wreath-laying ceremony was held at the River Raisin Battlefield Visitor Center on E. Elm.

Historians and supporters are continuing to prepare for 200th anniversary of the massacre. And now some are thinking that if the battlefield is designated as part of the National Park System, and if President Obama's link to the War of 1812 is confirmed, then the celebration could be even bigger than expected.

Mr. Braunlich said that if all the pieces fall into place, then perhaps the new president can be persuaded to visit the site where he has an ancestral link.

"I think this (connection) may serve as a special point of personal interest and intrigue in extending a future invitation to President Obama to join us in Monroe," Mr. Braunlich said. "Wouldn't that be a fantastic way to formally launch the River Raisin National Battlefield Park?"
    MonroeNews.com - The Monroe Evening News, Monroe, MI

From a local newspaper. I hope it's true and President Obama will visit my area again as President! He was here on Labor Day weekend during the campaign when I was out of town.

Obama linked to War of 1812?

OLDE WORLD TERRORIST OMFG!!!!!!!!1111one!!!!!11

Thread Information