Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Immigration amendment fails -Sen. kills proposals; votes on other key amndmnts conts.

For my response, take your pick:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=illegal+immigrants+strain+the+US&bt nG=Google+Search

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=granting+illegal+immigrants+amnesty +will+increase+the+problem&btnG=Search

And I personally don't agree with "the more the merrier" mind set. We have limits to the number of foreigners we allow in - and I agree with those policies. I would just like to see them better enforced. We cannot just open the gates. There have to be checks and balances and proper procedures. And we already have these procedures in place. We just need to enforce them better.

I would say that whatever money they wanted to apply to the immigration reform bill should be spent on enforcement of current laws. And in beefing up staff to deal with the back log of applications and get that system more streamlined and easier to use and navigate.

But at the end of the day, I don't agree with amnesty. They should follow the same path other foreigners follow and do it the correct, legal way. If they have broken the law, they should be dealt with according to the laws we already have in place. You don't come till you are allowed. It's called the law. Hard working, plenty of space for you to reside, will do jobs others won't, just want a better life for their families - while all nice and good, aren't good enough reasons to just open the gates. IMO.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

I will don't worry, just not right now. but just from the looks of the titles; it looks like more opinions of ppl w/ no real world clues. ok i'll stop and come back later.

In the interest of fair play, if you don't agree with my opinions or sources cited please qualify/define what you consider to be a valid source, what your criteria is for fact, opinion or “real world clues” and also cite your own sources that meet your specified criteria to refute my claims:
    -That illegals are a financial drain on our economy
    -That systems will be extended further by granting amnesty to illegals
    -That the percentage of funds expended for crime, education and social services for illegals is disproportionate to the population, workforce or income tax percentage they represent

Further, I would be interested to see your sources that back up any of the statements you’ve already made, because for someone who wants sources so badly, I don’t see where you cited one.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

Alice: I like you and most of your posts. However, I am fed up with people calling any statements or ideas that they don't agree with 'hate speech'. That's a loaded scare tactic intended to make the opposition back down, assuming that the fear of being called 'racist' will outweigh the benefits of free speech. Nowhere in that teacher's post did she incite anyone to go and commit acts of violence against anybody. Saying you have issues with a group of people is not hate speech.

What I don't understand, is the US the ONLY country with these terrible intergration issues? Why does this country STILL seem stuck with the Hispanic race, AND the African American?

I have no problems with Mexican's coming over here. They have damn good food and at least they will work. Actually, they will work their asses off......hell, some Americans could learn a little work ethic from them.

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

What I don't understand, is the US the ONLY country with these terrible intergration issues?
    Actually, Europe has many issues as well but theirs are with the influx of Muslims and the culture clash they are bringing with them.
    Actually, they will work their asses off......hell, some Americans could learn a little work ethic from them.
    Once people become fully integrated that will likely change. Right now they work so hard because they are desperate for as much money as possible to send home.

I live in Southern California and I do have a problem with some of the Mexicans that live here. When my kids started school in the public school system, half the children in the class were Mexican. I'm not racist, so I had no problem with that. I did have a problem with the fact that none of them spoke English! Not one. Neither did their parents. The teacher spent the majority of her time just trying to get these kids to learn their numbers and ABC's. My kids didn't get equal attention. The public schools are under a lot of pressure to meet certain test levels or lose funding. So I can understand how they have to get these kids up to speed. But what do the kids who already at the appropriate education level have to do? Their parents have to take up the slack and homeschool them in addition to what the school is doing. We pulled our kids out and put them in private school. I resent the fact that I have to pay a fortune for their education, something they should be getting for free. There are a ton of resentful parents in my area. The thing that irritates me the most is that many make no effort to assimilate here. I've read articles in our local newspaper profiling some families coming from Mexico. Some have lived here twenty years and have never learned a word of English! Why? Becaue they don't have to. The town my parents live in, in many areas, everything is almost completely in Spanish. It wasn't like that twenty years ago. You would think you were actually in Mexico in some areas.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

^right; assimilation into american culture is definetely the key to success for all ethnicities and ppl who come here! in L.A., there are so many "Little" this or thats; Little Ethiopia, little saigon, little toyko that I think are landing pads for a lot of ppl who eventually move onward and upward.

what i liked about the bill that didn't pass too was that billions of dollars could have spent to fix our borders but guess what? not passing it was stupid; not they're still a mess (more and more ppl coming in as they please) which means that either more and more ppl will stay here when/if amnesty is granted or more and more ppl will be deported if that is ever passed = millions and millions of dollars and many years - in fact, I dont even think its logistically possible to deport so many ppl! and whats the point if our borders are so broken and un-inforced that they can just come back?!

What is a decent and smart alternative to the bill that was stopped yesterday? I still dont see one on here or anywhere. The effort is would take to deport such a large number of ppl is tremendous and not every business is going to stop hiring illegals ever, not 100% of them anyway.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information