Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Illinois Governor arrested for trying to sell Barack Obama's senate seat

and the plot thickens to molasses
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Elite Member

Default Re

“I thought, mistakenly, that the process was fair, above board and on the merits,” Mr. Jackson said Wednesday. “I thought, mistakenly, that the governor was evaluating me and other Senate hopefuls based upon our credentials and qualifications.”
    Oh, puh-leez, Mr. Jackson, where would you be if you weren't JJ's son?

Someone should try to sell Blagojevich a better haircut. At least that would be legal.

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana Small View Post
    Someone should try to sell Blagojevich a better haircut. At least that would be legal.
    Oh, I know it. His hair is criminal. And his nose is fucked up, too.

WHY did this asshole show up to work yesterday? Can't they fire him?

Why am I not shocked Jesse Jr. was implicated in this, considering who his father is.

Illinois Democrats Let Blagojevich Keep Naming Power

Dec. 16 (Bloomberg) -- Democrats in the Illinois House of Representatives postponed stripping Governor Rod Blagojevich’s power to fill the U.S. Senate seat vacated by President-elect Barack Obama that prosecutors say Blagojevich tried to sell.

The governor, a Chicago Democrat, retains authority to appoint Obama’s successor while the House pursues an impeachment process that may last weeks. Democratic lawmakers led by House Speaker Michael Madigan dropped plans late yesterday to schedule a special election to fill the post after failing to agree in a closed-door meeting, said Steve Brown, a Madigan aide.

Blagojevich, 52, has resisted demands he resign since his Dec. 9 arrest by the FBI and accusations he tried to auction Obama’s seat for personal gain and intimidate the Chicago Tribune newspaper into firing editorial writers. Republicans said Democrats, who hold a 67-51 majority in the chamber, seek to avoid a loss of the seat to the GOP in a special election.

“Shame on you,” Representative William Black, deputy leader of Republicans in the House, shouted during a debate in the state capitol building in Springfield. “We had an opportunity to limit the power of this governor and you refused.”

Democrats in the House met yesterday and aired “differences of opinion on the best way to proceed” with a special election for Obama’s seat, Brown said. The differences could not be overcome so a vote on taking the decision away from Blagojevich was “deferred for now,” he said.

Brown and legislators declined to comment on the details of the debate. They wouldn’t respond to GOP accusations that the decision resulted from concern that a Democrat may lose an election to fill the Senate seat.

Bloomberg.com: News
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

This guy is nuts.

He's a weirdo with a Dukakis haircut.

I kind of understand why the Dems did this, even though I don't agree with it. If they have a special election a Republican could end up with Obama's seat.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information