Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Illegal immigrants might get stimulus jobs, experts say

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    that's basically slave labor.
    <Jokingly putting on Fauvee hat>

No, that's capitalism! If they don't want to do the job for whatever is offered to them it's their choice! They can go on back to where they came from. See if they can find a better deal back home. America is the land of opportunity! These migrant workers can pull themselves up by their bootstraps and save their $2/hour and start their own business and become millionaires and eat at the country club!

LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by celeb_2006 View Post
    Well it's interesting that the Senate didn't put that e-verify requirement in the bill, nor was it in the final bill that went to President Obama. President also delayed Bush's requirement that all federal contractors use the e-verify system.

I don't know anything about the construction industry but I assume that those hiring prefer "illegal immigrant labor" due to their cheaper wages and willingness to work in conditions native Americans wouldn't. I don't know if it's a good thing or a bad thing, maybe it's good for the economy I guess but not a good deal for the American construction worker unable to find a job.
    We own a construction company here in the Tampa bay area, and would not think of hiring cheap illegal Mexicans for labor. So many do though. There enough qualified Americans out of work that there is no shortage of finding employees. Got to be an American citizen to work for us and drug free.
    My grace is sufficient for you, for my my strength is made perfect in weakness...I love you dad!
    Rip Mom

Slave labor? Wouldn't that require slavery?

Let's see, no one is forcing them to come here. No one is threatening them to force them to complete backbreaking tasks for pennies. No force. They are paid. Nope, not seeing slavery.

If illegal immigrants choose to come to this country and work for low wages it is not slave labor. They are not entitled to anything available to citizens, yet as workers, they should have to pay employment taxes. That isn't slavery. That is the repercussion of making a choice to commit a crime in order to receive the benefits with none of the respnonsibilities. Slaves have no choice. Illegal immigrants do, regardless of how bleak those choices are.

Become a citizen or get the hell out. If they want to walk the fence in order to skirt taxes, fine. No amenities will be provided.

Quote Originally Posted by cupcake View Post
    We own a construction company here in the Tampa bay area, and would not think of hiring cheap illegal Mexicans for labor. So many do though. There enough qualified Americans out of work that there is no shortage of finding employees. Got to be an American citizen to work for us and drug free.
    That's good for you. I think many industries, not only construction, go for the cheap labor that is "expendable."

Well, one thing is true. Illegal immigrants have always been around and are always going to be around. Just the facts of life.

Quote Originally Posted by RevellingInSane View Post

Let's see, no one is forcing them to come here. No one is threatening them to force them to complete backbreaking tasks for pennies. No force. They are paid. Nope, not seeing slavery.

If illegal immigrants choose to come to this country and work for low wages it is not slave labor. They are not entitled to anything available to citizens, yet as workers, they should have to pay employment taxes. That isn't slavery. That is the repercussion of making a choice to commit a crime in order to receive the benefits with none of the respnonsibilities. Slaves have no choice. Illegal immigrants do, regardless of how bleak those choices are.

Become a citizen or get the hell out. If they want to walk the fence in order to skirt taxes, fine. No amenities will be provided.
    ITA. If they are illegal, they are only entitled to a trip back across the border.
    I'm not quite drunk enough to really care, but is this her violation of her violation of her violation of her violation of probation or her violation of her violation of her violation of her probation????? ~MontanaMama on LL's latest arrest.

Exchanging glances with the cunty bitches

The company that the gov't hired to build the wall separating the US from Mexico got fined millions of dollars for hiring illegal Mexicans to build it for them. Talk about irony.
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

Quote Originally Posted by RevellingInSane View Post

THANK YOU!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information