Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Illegal immigrant has life savings confiscated by US government

Quote Originally Posted by crumpet View Post
    I can't wait to see what happens when everybody in favour of deporting all the illegal immigrants has to clean their own toilets, wash their own dishes and work their own fields.
    Most of us are already cleaning our own homes and tending our own yards.
    I was speaking in the general sense of the economic infrastructure, as you probably already know. I take it you are also growing all your own food and producing everything else you eat/consume? If you work in an office, I assume that you are also cleaning the bathrooms there? If you shop at a mall, are you doing the floors?

That is what I meant. But there are a lot of people who hire domestics and gardeners to do work at their homes as well, particularly in places where there are a lot of illegal immigrants, which equal cheap labour.

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

I'm not entirely convinced that the 'savings' that allegedly come from businesses paying illegals to work so cheaply get filtered down to the consumer anyway. The corporate greedmongers are more likely to pocket whatever they are 'saving' by hiring illegals than they are to want to pass on the cost cuts to us.

^^Of course, that's why they do it. But the reason consumer goods, especially food, are relatively cheap in North America is because of cheap labour domestically and elsewhere. When you can lock people in factories in China and make them work for $1 a day 20 hours a day, 7 days a week until they are too sick to work and then fire them, that definitely translates into lower prices for products. Why do you think practically everything is now made in China, even many luxury goods?

Domestically, employers keep profits high and prices lower by using the same kind of illegal labour and unsavoury business practices. It's not just my opinion -- if I have time later, I will post the studies.

Well eventually the transportation infrastructure will break down unless a viable alternative to oil is found for fuels, and we'll be reduced to locally made products.

Probably not a bad idea anyway.. THEN we can grow our own food. Think of the bounty we could have if every suburban backyard had it's own vegetable garden!
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly View Post
    And don't forget not all illegals do all the dirty work. I have worked in plenty of restaurants with white/black legal citizens doing the dishes. I have to pay extra car insurance just in case I'm hit by a non insured which are usually illegals. Maybe some things will go up, but I bet some things will be going down.
    I pay for underinsured motorist coverage as well; funny thing is that I know alot of young women I hear constantly saying things like "shit, I don't have insurance right now..."
    I look around Houston and I know things would be a little crazy if we had a day without a Mexican or Honduran or whateve the fuck. I live smack in the middle of a very affluent neighborhood and the people I see pushing strollers and getting off the bus every morning are hispanic (but of course they're stealing the jobs); I have worked in a great number of dining establishments and I have yet to see a white person washing dishes.
    The IRS will of course take taxes penalties and interest... the whole thing is fucked. Immigration is fucked; argh we're all fucked!
    Did anyone have to read The Jungle in school?

Quote Originally Posted by Just Kill Me View Post
    I pay for underinsured motorist coverage as well; funny thing is that I know alot of young women I hear constantly saying things like "shit, I don't have insurance right now..."
    I look around Houston and I know things would be a little crazy if we had a day without a Mexican or Honduran or whateve the fuck. I live smack in the middle of a very affluent neighborhood and the people I see pushing strollers and getting off the bus every morning are hispanic (but of course they're stealing the jobs); I have worked in a great number of dining establishments and I have yet to see a white person washing dishes.
    The IRS will of course take taxes penalties and interest... the whole thing is fucked. Immigration is fucked; argh we're all fucked!
    I'm white and my first job was washing dishes at Furs Cafeteria then I graduated to Busser... I'm not just talking about Hispanic immigrants... I live in South FL and down here we have all kinds of immigrants legal and illegal. They work and bust their asses just like the rest of us. I see all kinds of people doing shitty jobs everyday, not just these poor poor immigrants and that is what really pisses me off. Not everyone is born privileged. And you are right, "we are all fucked!"
    ><((((>. . `.><((((>><((((>`..`...><((((>.`.. ><((((> `..`...><((((>

Silver Member

In what ways has he ripped off the citizens of US? This is an honest questions as I come from down under and don't know anything about US laws. I imagined that as an illegal immigrant, he would have kept a very low profile in order to avoid getting caught which means no benefits, no health care etc. so deriving no benefits from tax payers. Wouldn't the employer had benefited more from this illegal transactions? Pedro should pay back the taxes that he owed, fined/jail for tax evasions and breaking immigration laws, but I don't think confiscating the money that he had work for is the way to go. After all the fines and legal fees he probably wouldn't have any left anyway.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information