Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 98

Thread: Idaho schoolkids chant 'Assassinate Obama' on school bus

  1. #31
    Hit By Ban Bus!
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    379

    Default

    How do you know there weren't foiled assassination plots against Bush etc etc etc? You're kidding right? You think that everything is revealed to the public?

    I'm sorry king, normally I agree with you but you are pushing it for no good reason. You just made a statement that's been proven false and now you are moving the goal posts.

    What is your point? That Obama is black so there's a lot more serious assassination attempts against him?

    Not really. Its just there's a lot more racially motivated assassination attempts, since the other presidents weren't black. No kidding sherlock.

    But there certainly assassination attempts against former presidents for other reasons. More of the "white blindness" I'm always seeing. If it happens to a white person it never counts cause...you know..........being that they're white and all...........

    List of United States presidential assassination attempts - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    That we know of.........

  2. #32
    Elite Member witchcurlgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Acerbia
    Posts
    33,561

    Default

    back on topic- kids are fucked up, they definitely aren't the innocents that people mistakenly believe

    Some adorable little moppets on the pro Obama side threatened to kill a girl in Chicago who wore a McCain tee shirt to school as an experiment (with her teachers permission).

    One told her she should be burned to death, another that she should be crucifixed (she corrected him to crucified). There were a few more threats detailing how she should be killed. She was on PBS this week.
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone


    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.


    If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

  3. #33
    Elite Member kingcap72's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    10 miles from Pootie Tang
    Posts
    21,909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by flipstick View Post
    How do you know there weren't foiled assassination plots against Bush etc etc etc? You're kidding right? You think that everything is revealed to the public?

    I'm sorry king, normally I agree with you but you are pushing it for no good reason. You just made a statement that's been proven false and now you are moving the goal posts.

    What is your point? That Obama is black so there's a lot more serious assassination attempts against him?

    Not really. Its just there's a lot more racially motivated assassination attempts, since the other presidents weren't black. No kidding sherlock.

    But there certainly assassination attempts against former presidents for other reasons. More of the "white blindness" I'm always seeing. If it happens to a white person it never counts cause...you know..........being that they're white and all...........

    List of United States presidential assassination attempts - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    That we know of.........
    If they had uncovered plots to kill Bush, somebody would've said something just like they did with Obama.

    But maybe we should go with your idea of having Al Sharpton speak out on gun violence and maybe that'll end all assassination plots.

    True, I forgot about RFK's assassination when he was running for president and George Wallace. But, then again, I was focusing on actual presidents, which your Wiki list focuses on.

    And spare me this attempt to turn this into a 'if it's white it doesn't count' crap. I never said or implied any such thing. Now all of the other presidents that were killed or almost kiiled were taken out because of their politics, not their race. In Obama's case, the people who want him dead don't care about his politics but only about his race. The white supremacists involved in the foiled assassination plots made that point cystal clear.

    I would almost consider it progress if somebody who wanted to take out Obama made it clear that it had nothing to do with his race, but his politics. But I haven't heard that yet.

    Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    back on topic- kids are fucked up, they definitely aren't the innocents that people mistakenly believe

    Some adorable little moppets on the pro Obama side threatened to kill a girl in Chicago who wore a McCain tee shirt to school as an experiment (with her teachers permission).

    One told her she should be burned to death, another that she should be crucifixed (she corrected him to crucified). There were a few more threats detailing how she should be killed. She was on PBS this week.
    And that's just as stupid and wrong. Idiot parents on both sides of the political spectrum.

  4. #34
    Hit By Ban Bus!
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    379

    Default

    Yes you did. You got up and said this had never happened before. What was the point of that statement? If not to make it about race?

    Kennedy doesn't take a rocket scientist to remember. And also those neat little qualifiers of "recent" and whatnot just to categorize it the way you want it to look.

    We're all adults here. We recognize that race has something to do with things. But race is not the only issue in the world. There are other reasons why people react that are just as unreasonable.

    Think on that for a sec

    There are other reasons that people react that are just as unreasonable and unfair for people to deal with.

    Being gay
    Being old
    Being Christian
    Being atheist
    Being Ugly


    You totally forgot.......how convenient. Maybe do a tad of research before trying to make a point that isn't true and then trying to move the goal posts and still have it be what you want it to be because

    why exactly?

  5. #35
    Elite Member kingcap72's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    10 miles from Pootie Tang
    Posts
    21,909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by flipstick View Post
    Yes you did. You got up and said this had never happened before. What was the point of that statement? If not to make it about race?

    Kennedy doesn't take a rocket scientist to remember. And also those neat little qualifiers of "recent" and whatnot just to categorize it the way you want it to look.

    We're all adults here. We recognize that race has something to do with things. But race is not the only issue in the world. There are other reasons why people react that are just as unreasonable.

    Think on that for a sec

    There are other reasons that people react that are just as unreasonable and unfair for people to deal with.

    Being gay
    Being old
    Being Christian
    Being atheist
    Being Ugly


    You totally forgot.......how convenient. Maybe do a tad of research before trying to make a point that isn't true and then trying to move the goal posts and still have it be what you want it to be because

    why exactly?

    Actually, this is what I said:

    You're missing the point completely. This isn't something that started because Obama is president. This idea of killing him began before he was ever elected, including two foiled assassination plots. Name me one president in recent memory that had to deal with that?
    As you can see from the part in bold, I was focusing on actual presidents, not presidential candidates. So, actually, RFK and George Wallace don't even factor in because neither one became president. And the point was how many presidents had to worry about assassination attempts BEFORE they became president, not AFTER.

    And, yeah, I know that race isn't the one reason why people act irrationally. People flip out for various reason. John Hinkly tried to take out Reagan because he wanted to impress Jodi Foster.

    So, maybe you should read my posts more closely before you decide to go off on some misguided tirade.

  6. #36
    Elite Member Sweetie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Den of the roving cunty bitches
    Posts
    24,533

    Default

    Well, I think they have all had to worry about it, or they wouldn't all be protected by the Secret Service.

  7. #37
    Elite Member cynic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    6,435

    Default

    [quote=witchcurlgirl;1470411]back on topic- kids are fucked up, they definitely aren't the innocents that people mistakenly believe

    /quote]

    ....and they're parrots.....say anything and they start chanting it in repetition....so, one kid probably heard someone say that and the whole bus would have chanted along even if he'd been saying the Pledge of Allegiance.....especially if it annoyed the bus driver enough....are ya'll really that old that you don't remember being a young idiot yourselves?....

    ...and damn, Flipstick, I'm three out of five of those things on your list..........I'm a victim.....

  8. #38
    Hit By Ban Bus!
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    379

    Default

    So what is your point? You keep saying people aren't getting the point? What's the point? That he's black and has to deal with racists? Wow.....profound. Presidents have to deal with who they are being a source of target. Understandably its not fair for him to be targeted for something he has no choice in the matter of. However is it any more fair to be targeted because you are Catholic? Christian? Old? A woman? Gay?

    Its just interesting how this is somehow different than anything any other president has had to deal with. Reagan had an attempted assassination in order to get a Hollywood actresses attention. Really how is that "because of his policies?"


    ETA More of your goal post moving, I wanted to note. Now because they weren't elected they don't count. Gee I wonder why Bobby Kennedy wasn't elected?

  9. #39
    Super Moderator twitchy2.0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Milliways
    Posts
    55,269

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cynic View Post
    ...and damn, Flipstick, I'm three out of five of those things on your list..........I'm a victim.....
    You're a gay, Christian athiest? Whoa!
    "If you are not outraged, then you are not paying attention," Heather Heyer's facebook quote.

  10. #40
    Hit By Ban Bus!
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    379

    Default

    [quote=cynic;1470459]
    Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    back on topic- kids are fucked up, they definitely aren't the innocents that people mistakenly believe

    /quote]

    ....and they're parrots.....say anything and they start chanting it in repetition....so, one kid probably heard someone say that and the whole bus would have chanted along even if he'd been saying the Pledge of Allegiance.....especially if it annoyed the bus driver enough....are ya'll really that old that you don't remember being a young idiot yourselves?....

    ...and damn, Flipstick, I'm three out of five of those things on your list..........I'm a victim.....
    Don't worry......we've got yer back sweetie. I agree that kids don't know what they are really saying but damn that's sick.

    Although I do remember kids making fun of the space shuttle disaster all the way home on the school bus....

    What does NASA stand for? Need another seven astronauts....

  11. #41
    Elite Member McJag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    42,527

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nycgirly View Post
    I blame the parents, hate is taught
    Yep. Sadly,most of the parents are really scared and too stupid to read up on facts. Some of them actually think we have voted in a socialist-far from the truth. Too much paranoia.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

  12. #42
    Elite Member kingcap72's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    10 miles from Pootie Tang
    Posts
    21,909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by flipstick View Post
    So what is your point? You keep saying people aren't getting the point? What's the point? That he's black and has to deal with racists? Wow.....profound. Presidents have to deal with who they are being a source of target. Understandably its not fair for him to be targeted for something he has no choice in the matter of. However is it any more fair to be targeted because you are Catholic? Christian? Old? A woman? Gay?

    Its just interesting how this is somehow different than anything any other president has had to deal with. Reagan had an attempted assassination in order to get a Hollywood actresses opinion. Really how is that "because of his policies?"
    The part in bold proves that you're missing the point.

    One last time, for the cheap seats: The point is how many presidents had to deal with assassination plots, or people seriously wanting them dead, BEFORE they actually took the oath of office after winning the election.

    My point WASN'T that Obama is the first president in history to be targeted. Any president will always have somebody wanting to take them out for whatever reason. But in Obama's case all the nutjobs that want him dead are focusing on his race, and not anything he's actually done, which is a first for a U.S. president.

  13. #43
    Elite Member cynic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    6,435

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    You're a gay, Christian athiest? Whoa!
    ...such a funny girl.....you know I'm Ugly, Ugly and more Ugly....


    [quote=flipstick;1470466]
    Quote Originally Posted by cynic View Post

    Don't worry......we've got yer back sweetie. I agree that kids don't know what they are really saying but damn that's sick.

    Although I do remember kids making fun of the space shuttle disaster all the way home on the school bus....

    What does NASA stand for? Need another seven astronauts....
    A. Don't call me sweetie unless you buy me dinner and drinks....
    B. What color where Sally Ride's eyes? Blue. One "blue" left and one "blue" right....and I was working in a Fortune 500 when the shuttle blew up and being mentally all about 8, we were telling jokes before the smoke cleared.....

  14. #44
    Hit By Ban Bus!
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    379

    Default

    The point is obvious so why does it need to be pointed out. You think somehow we all missed it?

    Once again for the cheap seats lets take a big fat guess why your example is ridiculous.

    Why wasn't Bobby Kennedy elected president?

    (Starts the Jeopardy timer now)

  15. #45
    Elite Member witchcurlgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Acerbia
    Posts
    33,561

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cynic View Post

    ....and they're parrots.....say anything and they start chanting it in repetition....so, one kid probably heard someone say that and the whole bus would have chanted along even if he'd been saying the Pledge of Allegiance.....especially if it annoyed the bus driver enough....are ya'll really that old that you don't remember being a young idiot yourselves?....
    truthfully I don't think the kids on the bus really meant it with venom(maybe one or two did, only because that's just the law of averages of assholes in any given group). I agree that it was bus ride playing around. I do remember all that very well.....


    The kid with the tee shirt was 14...and so were the kids that threatened her - not so young- and the threats that were made were made by individuals....so it's actually more fucked up than what the school bus kids did imo.

    But the school bus story will get more outrage and much more press. Because Sweetie is correct. It only matters if it's it's left being outraged at bad behavior on the right. When the left side does it to the right, most people are quick to dismiss it with some explanation....like 'oh, well that side deserves it because of this or that'....Even if they do, does that make it right?....There's a blindness that baffles me.
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone


    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.


    If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Dead bear covered with Barack Obama signs found at school
    By celeb_2006 in forum U.S. Politics and Issues
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: October 21st, 2008, 06:49 PM
  2. Racist school teacher in FL against Barack Obama
    By panda in forum U.S. Politics and Issues
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: October 7th, 2008, 11:43 AM
  3. Replies: 19
    Last Post: August 30th, 2008, 09:58 AM
  4. Replies: 17
    Last Post: August 11th, 2008, 03:05 PM
  5. Idaho infant dies locked in hot car
    By AliceInWonderland in forum News
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: July 10th, 2007, 11:56 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •