Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I have decided to volunteer for Barack Obama

A*O

Can somebody explain to me what all these millions of dollars are spend ON? Political parties in Oz and the UK obviously need to spend money on advertising and other stuff but this overt fund raising just doesn't happen. If you get a phonecall asking for support they want just your Vote, not your Money. In fact, there are strict rules about political donations and declaring them to the taxman and they are made public by law.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    Can somebody explain to me what all these millions of dollars are spend ON? Political parties in Oz and the UK obviously need to spend money on advertising and other stuff but this overt fund raising just doesn't happen. If you get a phonecall asking for support they want just your Vote, not your Money. In fact, there are strict rules about political donations and declaring them to the taxman and they are made public by law.

Television advertising on major networks during primetime is extremely expensive here and they are running a commercial an hour on each of the major networks all evening. In addition, the travel (due to the size of the US) makes it very expensive for the campaigns and the staffers to travel. They are both responsible for presenting documentation concerning their expenses and what they spent the campaign contributions on specifically. Each candidate hires large CPA firms to handle this aspect and they have it down to a science. There have recently been calls for campaign reform but not much has been done to change any of the current lobbyist contributions - which most of the reform was aimed at. Interestingly I saw that the Obama campaign collected $10 million after Caribou Barbie's speech in comparison to $1 million McCain deposited to the war chest. Well off for my run.
    as privileged as a whore...victims in demand for public show, swept out through the cracks beneath the door, holier than thou, how?

Quote Originally Posted by HWBL View Post
    Good for you!
    Kinda weird though, that you can only approach people whose
    vote is almost certainly already in for the Democrats......
    I think this is so you don't have to get into an argument with someone that sports a completely different ideology, cuts down on any possible hostilities.

Louise.......

That is awesome. You have inspired me! I think I'm going to find out how I can volunteer, too!

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    I'm getting a Sarah Palin teeshirt - just for shits and giggles.
    HAHA
    Let us know how it turns out. I wonder if it will be like when people wear $cieno shirts!

I love arguing with conservatives up here. It's fucking hilarious. Anything they throw at you, you can sweep aside with facts that contravene their propaganda. Eventually, they get petulant when you back them into a corner and they KNOW they have nothing left.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

^^That's how it is with one of the conservatives I work with. Whenever I start calling him on his bullshit, he suddenly has to make a phone call or eat his sandwich.

Just read on Mudflats that they are sending Mrs Palin back home to send her son off to Iraq - he is supposed to show up somewhere on Sept 11 but not sure if he's leaving then. This means the media is off limits to her during this difficult time. Please, the kid enlisted to avoid jail and secondly, she is the one who said women shouldn't whine and hide behind the apron when the attacks get brutal. Looks like the lipsticked pitbull is getting home schooled in issues??? (well from the RNC perspective) and the skills of debating for her match up with Biden. There's only 60 some days to the election, maybe she should be campaigning and only go home for a day or two to prep her kid??? Interesting from SuperMommy!
    as privileged as a whore...victims in demand for public show, swept out through the cracks beneath the door, holier than thou, how?

The good thing about living in LA is that there are very few conservative people that I have to deal with

Now, when I lived in Orange County, very different story.

Louis, it's wonderful that you volunteered. Last night, the Los Angeles HQ for Barack Obama opened it's doors and over a thousand people showed up and it turned into an impromptu party/rally

Quote Originally Posted by WesCAdle View Post
    Just read on Mudflats that they are sending Mrs Palin back home to send her son off to Iraq - he is supposed to show up somewhere on Sept 11 but not sure if he's leaving then. This means the media is off limits to her during this difficult time. Please, the kid enlisted to avoid jail and secondly, she is the one who said women shouldn't whine and hide behind the apron when the attacks get brutal. Looks like the lipsticked pitbull is getting home schooled in issues??? (well from the RNC perspective) and the skills of debating for her match up with Biden. There's only 60 some days to the election, maybe she should be campaigning and only go home for a day or two to prep her kid??? Interesting from SuperMommy!
    I thought her deposition in the Troopergate scandal was scheduled for this week. Or at least that's what I've been reading. She probably went back for that.

Quote Originally Posted by cheetopia View Post
    I have been volunteering for the campaign for about four months now. It's a lot of fun and I feel like I'm doing something more than sitting on my butt bitching about how badly things suck. Louis, you're going to enjoy it!
    Cool. I remember me and my relatives & friends half-assed campaign for Kerry, lol.

I am thinking of volunteering for Obama also!

Quote Originally Posted by louiswinthorpe111 View Post
    I think this is so you don't have to get into an argument with someone that sports a completely different ideology, cuts down on any possible hostilities.
    Okay, I forgot that many Repugs carry guns
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Hit By Ban Bus!
    squirrels in the morning, squirrels in the evening, squirrels at suppertime!

BTW on the days I've been at our local Obama headquarters there have been card carrying hard core Republicans coming in, not only switching sides but volunteering for Obama. Take that McSame!

BTW on the days I've been at our local Obama headquarters there have been card carrying hard core Republicans coming in, not only switching sides but volunteering for Obama. Take that McSame!
    OMG Repubs with brains! I thought those two words would never be seen together!

"keep on Barack-in in the free world"
    "Rage against the McCain"

My friends father did this. He's a hard core republican and is going door to door for Barack

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information