Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I have decided to caucus tomorrow...

^^I know. How smart are we going to look to future generations that for the turn of the century if we elected, Bush, Clinton, Clinton, Bush, Bush, Clinton?
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

Gold Member

That's awesome, what a great experience. Picking a Dem candidate in Iowa seems like an exciting process. I'm so jealous. Good luck.
    If you can't be a good example -- then you'll just have to be a horrible warning

Quote Originally Posted by dexter7 View Post
    i think the only chance a republican has of making it to office is if hillary wins the nomination. republicans can stomach obama or edwards much more easily than her.
    I agree with you. Hillary is extremely polarizing. I told my friends the dumbest thing that could happen is if she pulls through with the democratic nomination. I mean, people HATE her. People may dislike Obama, but they won't show up at the polls just to vote against him. They need a safe candidate, one who shares the same ideals but is likable. Hillary has many people that will vote for the other candidate solely because they can't stomach her. She's way too divisive. Dumb? Yes, but its the truth.
    Women ain't gonna let a thing like sense fuck up their argument. - Chris Rock

A*O

I know it's pretty superficial but I wouldn't vote for Hillary because she seems utterly devoid of any compassion, humour and warmth which are important qualities in a leader IMO irrespective of gender. Having said that Margaret Thatcher was a cold fish too and love her or loathe her she was a great PM.

The tax thing. "In this world nothing is certain but death and taxes" (Ben Franklin). Get over it.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

I don't get what's so divisive about her. She doesn't ound any different than any other middle of the road Dem.

Nobody has been able to answer why they hate her either really. There's just this big loathing for her, one that I've been unable to find a reason for... prolly has something to do with Bill.

On the other hand, I find ALL the republican candidates absolutely repugnant. God this, God that, I've never been pro gay, pro environment, or pro SANE, even though my previous record before this race was ALL of that..

i dunno how people can be so stupid as to think their sudden 180 on those issues is remotely heartfelt.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by darksithbunny View Post
    I get taxes have to go up sometime. I am good with that but when the people who run lie and tell us that taxes won't go up or that they will push for things such gay marriage, new roads, and we get the taxes raised, they don't do the things they say and then give themselves a big fat raise that I have a problem. So I say both parties suck ass.
    A lot of times when democrats run on no higher taxes, they don't know how much the Republican Governor who held the office prior to them.. like in my state the Repuke Governor lied and said there was a surplus..guess what there wasn't..and now we are enduring higher taxes from a $2.00 cigarette tax to a 6% sales tax... I don't mind them at all, especially the $2.00 cig tax..since I've been on Chantix for 2 weeks now.

Quote Originally Posted by darksithbunny View Post
    But I was thinking that Hillary gets in, we will basically have 2 families who have run this country for almost a quarter of a century! And nothing has changed! I am really bummed about this race.
    Yes, we'd have two families that have ran the country...however you cannot compare the Clinton administration to the Bushes at ALL!!
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Gold Member

I don't think there's anything wrong with Hillary. All the Dems running are good candidates and who ever wins the nomination will do a great job. All the Repubs candidates are horrible and it looks like Huckabee will win the nomination. The Repubs should spend less time worrying about the Dems and spend more time looking for an electable candidate.
    If you can't be a good example -- then you'll just have to be a horrible warning

A*O

I don't think many people in Oz could name even one Republican candidate, except perhaps Guiliani. Everyone knows Hillary of course, but we read plenty about Obama and Edwards too. The only thing I know about Huckabee is (I think) he's a Christian fundie who lost a ton of weight and has put a lot of it back on? Or is that someone else?
    Dame Edna Everage

Hit By Ban Bus!

^^ so true A*O....The way i read the Aussie public at the man and woman on the street level is that they could not give a stuff for the American presidential race at this moment in time....the general feedback from talk back radio in the eastern states is saying that they are over our polies sucking up to the US in any way shape or form....This i fear has been happening for a number of years...I am hearing that they feel the pay back over the battle of the coral sea has been paid back.

A*O

It's more recent than that Griffo. The war in Iraq and Australia's participation in it 'thanks' to John Howard being willing to climb up Dubya's ass is still extremely unpopular with Joe Public here. Now we have a new PM I'd be interested to see of Australia's 'special relationship' with the US changes, especially as we have a Labour Govt and it looks like the US will get a Democrat administration next time so, in theory, our leaders will be reading from the same political page.

Kevin Rudd (our new PM for those who don't know) has already promised to withdraw Australian troops from Iraq but like all election promises I'll believe it when I see it.
    Dame Edna Everage

Quote Originally Posted by Griffo View Post
    ^^ so true A*O....The way i read the Aussie public at the man and woman on the street level is that they could not give a stuff for the American presidential race at this moment in time....the general feedback from talk back radio in the eastern states is saying that they are over our polies sucking up to the US in any way shape or form....This i fear has been happening for a number of years...I am hearing that they feel the pay back over the battle of the coral sea has been paid back.
    Great. This is not going to turn into another 'how Aussies hate America' thread is it? If so then start a new thread in the "World Politics and Issues' forum for it. mmkay?

Anyway..

I was out last night and hit a Caucus on the road. Damaged my fender and everything. The Highway Patrol would not even let me strap the dead Caucus on the roof and keep it for the meat. Fuckers.

GO BILLARY~
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

A*O

Sheesh Soj - enough with this obsession that we are 'bashing' America all the time! This is a discussion about politics (always dangerous) and how what happens in America affects the rest of the world. It kinda goes with the territory when you are the most powerful nation in the world - what happens in Iowa affects us ALL.
    Dame Edna Everage

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    Sheesh Soj - enough with this obsession that we are 'bashing' America all the time! This is a discussion about politics (always dangerous) and how what happens in America affects the rest of the world. It kinda goes with the territory when you are the most powerful nation in the world - what happens in Iowa affects us ALL.
    I was being light hearted ! geez. And didn't you like my 'Caucus Animal' thing? *pouts*

*And remember..with out US the Japs would not have stopped at the bombing of Darwin..and whether you stayed a Brit or a Aussie..you would either be speaking German and eating Sauerbraten, or speaking Japanese and eating SUSHI!! if not for the good ole' USA! (and Russia, and the other allies of course! LOL!!! )

Hit By Ban Bus!

^^ no sojiita...I never even stated anything like that....The bottom line is that the General public here for a change seem to think its time we stood alone for a change...rightly or wrongly...Sorry if i came across that way,I was not trying to hyjack this thread either.....
    Last edited by Griffo; January 4th, 2008 at 05:15 AM. Reason: I'll can my comments on US issues until i know what i am talking about I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Griffo View Post
    ^^ no sojiita...I never even stated anything like that....The bottom line is that the General public here for a change seem to think its time we stood alone for a change...rightly or wrongly...Sorry if i came across that way,I was not trying to hyjack this thread either.....

Anyway,I can't understand all the hoopla over the Republic candidates...If that party were here with its popularity they would not get a mention on page 3.Strange that most of he media attention is on Clinton and Obama,from what i see.
    I know..I was not being that serious..

and JESUS did that last part of what I said in my previous post make me seem like some old Republican fart or what!!!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information