Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How would God vote?

I'm not sure if I'm willing to venture a guess as to how the big imaginary guy in the sky would vote.

Isn't that somewhat similar to wagering on how Snuffleupagus would vote?
    Last edited by usernamedenied; October 31st, 2008 at 10:47 AM. Reason: wtf brain?!?! WORK!
    The nice thing about being a celebrity is that when you bore people, they think it's their fault. ~Henry Kissinger~

God must not like us very much. He gave GWB 2 terms.

Elite Member

Here's some rhetoric on a church website:

We need to be seeking the heart of God as we decide who our next president will be.

For some, politics and faith don't mix. It's as if we have certain things wherein faith is applicable, and then some issues where even Christians believe that should be off limits when it comes to where God stands on the issue.

If you are a Believer in Jesus Christ, your allegience is to God ahead of your party affiliation. We need to be asking ourselves the question: "What are the issues that matter to God in this election?" Just a few:

"The Sanctity of Human Life": God's heart is grieved by the abomination of abortion. It is a crime to commit murder in this country. And while we need to be compassionate to mothers of unplanned pregnencies, we cannot sidestep the bottom line that abortion is taking the life of a unborn child. It matters to God. Christian, does it matter to you?

"The Sanctity of Marriage": God was the one who instituted marriage and its definition--one man comitted to a lifelong relationship to one woman. Regardless of how much "love" a homosexual couple may have for one another, God's word makes it clear that same-sex marriage is in direct opposition to the will of God. We need to protect God's design for marriage. This issue matters to God. Christian, does it matter to you?

To me, party affiliation doesn't matter; the convictions of the candidate does. We have a responsibility, Christians, to elect Godly leaders who will take a stand for the things that matter to God.

^^ "Godly leaders."

WTF.

Stupid because:

1. God is an Israeli citizen, he can't vote in an American election.

2. God is omnipotent and omniscient. If he shows up he would be de facto Emperor of the Universe, no presidents needed.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

I've always had a feeling that God would vote for himself.

How would God vote?

If he votes the same way as his followers.... then stupidly.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

^ That's my point, his followers aren't voting stupidly. It's the people that are trying to act like this followers that are.

I believe in God, but I am not buying into this hogwash that fake Christians are trying to sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie View Post
    I believe in God, but I am not buying into this hogwash that fake Christians are trying to sale.
    Right there with you.

*shakes his head*

you can't pick and choose who's a real (insert religion here) and who isn't. Everybody who bothers to 'believe' is self defined as a follower, no matter how badly they appear to do it in someone elses eyes.

Catholics vs Evangelicals vs Lutherans vs Baptists etc etc etc

that line of thinking is so "my god is better than your god, my religion is the true religion, you aren't real" nonsense.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie View Post
    God isn't dead....he's immortal. Jesus is dead.
    Jesus Christ rose from the dead on the third day ... that was quite some time ago, lol.

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

I'm waiting to see how Kali would vote; I have a feeling that crazy bitch would just show up half naked covered in blood and start a dance off with Siva.

Shhhh but my dead god is better than your god.
    Last edited by Just Kill Me; October 31st, 2008 at 01:20 PM. Reason: AND
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    *shakes his head*

you can't pick and choose who's a real (insert religion here) and who isn't. Everybody who bothers to 'believe' is self defined as a follower, no matter how badly they appear to do it in someone elses eyes.

Catholics vs Evangelicals vs Lutherans vs Baptists etc etc etc

that line of thinking is so "my god is better than your god, my religion is the true religion, you aren't real" nonsense.
    Yes you can. If you don't follow the book and the word of God then you aren't a Christian. Someone that makes attacks against another, such as these McCain nuts that claim to be Christians, is not a follower of God.
    I am not saying anyone's religion is wrong. I am just saying, if they are trying to be a Christian then they clearly have the whole concept of what a Christian is screwed all up. REAL Christians don't judge, belittle or attack people.

Bychance, I know he rose from the dead, but he's not walking the earth right now....hence, the dead statement.

An old co-worker/friend keeps sending me emails that are Christian views on Obama.

They include chain letters, letters written by blacks (showing how Obama can't get his "own race" to vote for him ) and links to church websites saying how Obama is a baby killer and is not a Christian. They pretty much say you're not a true Christian if you don't vote McCain.

I keep deleting them and I don't reply back to her. I am an atheist and I don't think she knows that, and I don't want to call her out on her bullshit religion because then she will reject our friendship because I don't share her religious views. Either that or trying to make me see "the light" and "save" me. Like Nana said before, it's hard being an atheist sometimes.

"What are the issues that matter to God in this election?"

How do these people begin to know what matters to God in this election? Do they have him on speed dial?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information