Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How to tick off an ally, US to vote on Armenian genocide

Ask the Armenians, if they are willing to let it go. If you dare, because they will rip your head off.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

Hit By Ban Bus!

I confess I didn't think my reply through. I just dumped and ran, it was irresponsible of me. Next time I'll think before I start a new thread.

I still rant about Rwanda and our lack of stand, or how the Chinese resented our loyalty to the Japanese after what they suffered during WW2.

anyway my bad

it was retarded

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    And cranberry sauce, and mashed potatoes and stuffing. God, I'm Hungary!
    I just hope it's not too Greece-y, I'm on a diet!
    What I really want to know is whether it makes your poop glow in the dark after eating it! ~ Kittylady

Quote Originally Posted by GaPeach View Post
    well thanks for calling me retarded....

if nothing else at least I got a rise out of you.

We need Turkey, we don't have that many friends in the middle east and even this retard knows that.
    the fact is turkey can't afford to cut off ties with the US.
    a lot of countries have successfully passed similar bills in parliament, with a lot of grumbling from turkey and you know what? after the bill passes, relations with turkey invariably go back to normal...

also, turkey isn't in the middle east. it's not an arabic country. and its relations with the arab and muslim world are complex at best. it's caught in the crosshairs between east and west and has EU aspirations and for that, it needs to remain on good terms with the western world.

as for US interests, they are served by its congress stating historical facts about which others are in denial, therefore contributing to the prevention of future genocides. to quote the führer himself: "no one now remembers the armenians" - adolf hitler, 1938.

eta: gapeach, i just saw your reply. i was posting when you posted it so didn't see it before.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I'm usually Team Turkey, but they need to grow a pair and own up to what they did.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

Quote Originally Posted by Chilly Willy View Post
    Ask the Armenians, if they are willing to let it go. If you dare, because they will rip your head off.
    Especially Serj Tankian.

Team Cranberry sauce!
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    the fact is turkey can't afford to cut off ties with the US.
    a lot of countries have successfully passed similar bills in parliament, with a lot of grumbling from turkey and you know what? after the bill passes, relations with turkey invariably go back to normal...

also, turkey isn't in the middle east. it's not an arabic country. and its relations with the arab and muslim world are complex at best. it's caught in the crosshairs between east and west and has EU aspirations and for that, it needs to remain on good terms with the western world.

as for US interests, they are served by its congress stating historical facts about which others are in denial, therefore contributing to the prevention of future genocides. to quote the führer himself: "no one now remembers the armenians" - adolf hitler, 1938.

eta: gapeach, i just saw your reply. i was posting when you posted it so didn't see it before.
    it's OK it was my bad.
    I actually studied Turkey.. if I tell you why then you will think I am retarded.. what the heck.... it was over a Turkish soap opera... yeah I know, I found it on youtube and got caught up in it. So I joined a Turkish board (they of couse spoke English as well) then found myself wanting to know about their culture.

Some times I post late at night because I can't sleep and every time I do it bites me in the butt because I can't believe what I just said - and I'm to proud to do the political side step so I just own up to it.

backing down and backing out until the next time I want to amaze you all with my stupidity .. which probably won't be to long.

hey, there's nothing wrong with becoming interested in another country, whatever the reason - whether it's a soap opera, dating someone from that country, the food, etc...
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    hey, there's nothing wrong with becoming interested in another country, whatever the reason - whether it's a soap opera, dating someone from that country, the food, etc...
    OK now your just feeling sorry for me but I thank you for it.

not at all. just remarking that sometimes interests are sparked by the strangest or most random things.

I think what has left me the most bitterly disappointed about Turkey over the years is when my mom would put "giblets" in the gravy. Jesus, that stuff is rank.

Elite Member

It gave me a very warm feeling when my 15 year old came home from the school the other day and wanted to discuss whether and why the massacre of the Armenians was a genocide.

She seems to be actually learning something in school.

A friend of mine is Armenian and he's massively passionate about this subject being taught in schools as a regular part of the curriculum, right alongside the Holocaust. Most people just are not aware of this.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

They have no qualms or hesitations about resolutions condemning other nations for their atrocities, yet, because of "alliances" there's hesitation cuz we don't want to piss them off?

WTF, over?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information