Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: How feminism has hurt women.

Default Re: How feminism has hurt women.

Frankly, I can't believe people like this exist and think in such backwards, undeveloped ways.

I smell lack of higher education.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobelia
    Things were generally not good for women UNLESS they had a decent husband who provided well. I guess anybody who didn't have that was deficient.
    Well you saw what Junglemonkey said.. if you're alone, husbandless and don't have a man in your life, you might as well be dead because you need a man to tell you you're worthwhile.

Fucking pathetic.

I thank god feminists stood up and fought tooth and nail to get everything women have, because without them gay rights movements would have nothing to model themselves on
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

God forbid you were a lesbian, or unable to have children, or just plain didn't want to get married. What about all THOSE women? Screw their options, right?
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Well remember, if you don't have a man you might as well not exist because men are the only thing that can give you personal validation and worth.

if you are ever lucky enough to have a man marry you. Most men prefer not to "buy the cow" as they get the milk for free. Many unfortunate women who buy into feminist dogma end up old, bitter and alone.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

^^I think she forgot to add jealous and fat.

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

It is within the Anglo-American world that feminism has been embraced the most passionately. These countries also have the highest divorce rates in the world, and are producing record numbers of fatherless children—which in turn creates many other social problems. Robert Sheaffer writes, “One can try to argue that the U.S. family died of natural causes at precisely the same time feminists began shooting at it, but after examining the depth and ferocity of the feminist attack against women’s roles as wives and mothers, such an argument fails to convince” (Feminism, the Noble Lie). Let’s own up to it: Feminism has caused some tragic results for the family.

If we are going to fix our social problems, we must recognize that feminism has led our Western families into serious crises. Here is how it happened. Although many young women answered the call to pursue a career, they could not deny their natural desire for a husband and children. Many then opted to have a husband, children and a career. Realizing that certain feminine desires could not be denied, a new movement slogan was quickly pushed into public view—“having it all.” This slogan lives on. But it ignores a hard reality for many working mothers: Having it all also means handling it all. Working career mothers were forced into a high-stress rat race. Having it all was supposed to be fulfilling, but it was not. Now, almost four decades later, women find they are not any closer to finding true, satisfying fulfillment. For some, “having it all” has meant losing it all.

The truth is, working mothers suffer. The children of working mothers always suffer. And should we forget—the husband suffers too.

Severe fatigue plagues many working mothers. Balancing career, marriage and child care is an impossible task. Few can actually do it all. To do it all, corners have to be cut. Unfortunately, because of feminist peer pressure, marriage and family are sacrificed before career. Many two-career marriages have crumbled. Children have been left at home alone. Can we begin to see the harm that working motherhood has done to families?
    The problems in our society and families go much deeper than feminism. What is the real problem? Feminism is a symptom of a deeper human sickness. After 40 years of history, it is clear now that feminism’s agenda has always been to seize power and change society to suit its own purpose. Feminists have been selfish and self-centered. Little thought has been given to the impact on others. Many now recognize that feminists have grown excessively selfish. The movement is now best defined, not as we, but me!

I'm sorry, but that whole article is so ridiculously biased as to be not even worth looking at.

Yeah, fatherless children. You don't need a man. You're operating under the assumption that single mothers are incapable of rearing children.

What century do you live in again? You want to talk about operating under the patriarchy.. you're practically it's spokesperson!

Having it all also means handling it all. Working career mothers were forced into a high-stress rat race. Having it all was supposed to be fulfilling, but it was not.
    That sort of implies that you find true happiness & fulfillment if you stick to one thing, such as family only or career only.

The truth about life is this: There are good times & bad times. Things will suck a lot no matter what you choose to do. Being a SAHM will make you contemplate violent acts at times. Being a career woman will do the same.

Fulfillment. It's elusive and there are no guarantees no matter WHAT you choose. And stress? OMG, the most stress I ever felt was 3 years of staying home with a kid. I'm not cut out for it. There are no guarantees of stress-free choices.

Again, Junglemonkey and her ilk operate by seeing the world in black and white. There are no gray areas with them.

It's evil or not

Bad or good

Simplistic, childish and myopic way to view the world. Not very flexible.

Realizing that certain feminine desires could not be denied
    That sounds almost erotic...

Nature doesn't dictate everything women do, some women want kids while others don't/can't.

But it ignores a hard reality for many working mothers: Having it all also means handling it all. Working career mothers were forced into a high-stress rat race. Having it all was supposed to be fulfilling, but it was not. Now, almost four decades later, women find they are not any closer to finding true, satisfying fulfillment. For some, “having it all” has meant losing it all.
    Are women so powerless and useless that they can't get their husbands to help them out? I have my husband cleaning the house and cooking for me!

The truth is, working mothers suffer. The children of working mothers always suffer. And should we forget—the husband suffers too.
    Everybody fricking suffers. So how's this nobody works, no body has children = no suffering?

Unfortunately, because of feminist peer pressure, marriage and family are sacrificed before career.
    Women have the CHOICE now to work outside of home, what's up with this feminist peer pressure? I'm a housewife and I'm damn proud not feeling any imaginary pressure.

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok
    I'm sorry, but that whole article is so ridiculously biased as to be not even worth looking at.

Yeah, fatherless children. You don't need a man. You're operating under the assumption that single mothers are incapable of rearing children.

What century do you live in again? You want to talk about operating under the patriarchy.. you're practically it's spokesperson!
    do I really need to go dig up all the proven statistics of single-mother households being DIRECTLY related to a rise in juvenille crime, drug use etc?

Can't deny the obvious Grimm. Many children are suffering because "liberated" women can be dumped at will by men (or not even married in the first place) because they now have the "right" to work! yay!

do I really need to go dig up all the proven statistics of single-mother households being DIRECTLY related to a rise in juvenille crime, drug use etc?
    Actually yes, and try not getting them from some stupid right-wing thinktank or neocon organization like "The American Family Association".

Unbiased, or nothing at all.

Many children are suffering because "liberated" women can be dumped at will by men (or not even married in the first place) because they now have the "right" to work! yay!
    That's fucking stupid.

Men could dump women at will all throughout time, it's only NOW that women are able to survive without him because she's able to hold a job, has an education.

Not only do you want abortion done away with, you want women back in the home without the choice to work or make something of themselves?

Are you fucking serious?

I would have to be convinced of a causal relationship between feminism & wife-dumping before that argument would fly.

Men have been dumping their wives & children since time began.

Quote Originally Posted by JungleMonkey

Can't deny the obvious Grimm. Many children are suffering because "liberated" women can be dumped at will by men (or not even married in the first place) because they now have the "right" to work! yay!
    How about statistics on how many women and children are physically harmed because they can't get out of an abusive relationship/marriage? Some women are better off getting divorced ("dumped") and having their own independence to be able to work and support themselves.

No wait, I need clarification on this:

Does JungleMonkey actually want women to be denied the CHOICE of being in the workforce?

I think Trolli forgot to take her medication today. Really there was some speculation about this, I had the insider scoop a while ago...

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information