Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How Barack Obama undermined the Obama presidency. A long read.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Well I have no clue what fantasy you've been sold about the role of the president in the country. Seems like your MO is just getting twisted up in knots.

I say this because most of us here seem to know that all politicians are the same no matter what they say before election.

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    Obama and Hillary were aligned on a lot of the same key issues, especially when it came to the wars. Which is why the race for the nomination came down to the wire. Ultimately it became about their character. So, I don't think we would've seen too much difference policy-wise if Hillary had become president.

One of my big issues with Obama is that he wasted too much time trying to work with Republicans who didn't want to work with him. Hillary wouldn't have done that. But Hillary would've been constantly complaining about the amount of sexism that she was getting like she did during the campaign. Obama hasn't complained about any racism being thrown his way. So, they both have their pros and cons, personality-wise.

Now, I still don't trust Hillary after some of the stunts she pulled in the primaries. But I do think she's been doing a pretty good job as SOS. And as long as she doesn't create any waves I won't have a real issue with her.
    Agreed again. That's two for two.
    Last edited by Tati; December 29th, 2009 at 07:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by collateral damage View Post
    Well I have no clue what fantasy you've been sold about the role of the president in the country. Seems like your MO is just getting twisted up in knots.

I say this because most of us here seem to know that all politicians are the same no matter what they say before election.
    You're confusing politicians with positions, let me know when you sort that out
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Effective leadership is not about making speeches or being liked; leadership is defined by results not attributes- Peter F. Drucker

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

I wonder how some of the bitter PUMAS, who voted for McCain/Palin out of spite, feel about Hillary taking her orders from Obama? Oh, that's right. They continue to complain about every aspect of Obama's leadership on a daily basis, while conveniently forgetting to talk about Hillary following that very leadership in support of Obama's policies. How... sad, in a funny way. I love it.

Clinton is as guilty as Obama is on issues that fall under her jurisdiction- which would be foreign affairs.

The banking fiasco, the healthcare debacle, gay rights- that's on the President and other members of the administration. Anyone in the adminstration that supports the failed policies there is guilty. So is anyone in Congress who gets behind these policies. Guilty, guilty, guilty.

The real joke is that so many thought it was a party thing, get rid of the repubs and things will be different. As it turns out, not so much.
    Last edited by witchcurlgirl; December 28th, 2009 at 05:22 PM.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Hit By Ban Bus!

I think you are right about the party issue. That's what I was mentioning before. I find it very amusing that many people still to this day think Bush is responsible for getting us into Iraq and thought it would change once he left office.

Gay rights at this point is not on the president. It's on the Supreme Court. And they need to get on it.

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    Clinton is as guilty as Obama is on issues that fall under her jurisdiction- which would be foreign affairs.

The banking fiasco, the healthcare debacle, gay rights- that's on the President and other members of the administration. Anyone in the adminstration that supports the failed policies there is guilty. So is anyone in Congress who gets behind these policies. Guilty, guilty, guilty.

The real joke is that so many thought it was a party thing, get rid of the repubs and things will be different. As it turns out, not so much.
    I recall making that same point about Hillary in the Afghanistan troop level thread. You didn't acknowledge that then, but it's nice that you do now.

30,000 more troops set to go to Afghanistan

And you're 100% right. The banking fiasco, healthcare, etc all ultimately fall on Obama since he's the president and the buck stops with him. But I think those issues could've been dealt with better if Obama had shown consistent, decisive leadership on a steady basis, instead of doing it in certain areas like the auto industry. I love that he's mister cool under pressure, but sometimes that's not what's called for.

And, true, neither Republicans are Democrats are perfect. But I'd rather have the Dems in power, because they are attempting to tackle some of the pressing issues, although in a clusterfuck manner. The Republicans helped to create the bulk of the problems and had no intention of trying to tackle them.

Quote Originally Posted by collateral damage View Post
    I think you are right about the party issue. That's what I was mentioning before. I find it very amusing that many people still to this day think Bush is responsible for getting us into Iraq and thought it would change once he left office.

Gay rights at this point is not on the president. It's on the Supreme Court. And they need to get on it.
    Yeah, which is why he campaigned on repealing both DOMA and DADT, because it's totally out of his hands and he's incapable of pushing either issue at all.

Really?
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information