Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hizbollah ready to attack US interests; start world war 3

Default Re: Hizbollah ready to attack US interests; start world war 3

Quote Originally Posted by crumpet
    And nobody is even suggesting that Israel practice any restraint at all.

Well, I'd have to agree with them. I think if someone attacks you, you do not need to show restraint. If someone breaks into my house in the middle of the night they will be shot dead whether they were coming in with the intent of rape/murder or they were just wanting to steal my TV. My politics are seldom very one-sided except for a few issues and I really don't have a myopic view of the world. I DO NOT think Israel is a perfect, angelic country with nothing to answer for. I will, however, admit to harboring much bias against Muslim nations and I don't feel there is anything that can be done to satisfy them short of everyone else just dropping off the face of the earth. Hell, even when THEY move to OTHER non-Muslim countries they seem to expect that their domestic traditions should trump those of the host country. Not to mention their treatment of women....don't even get me started on that one.

Now I'll just sit and wait for some of you to tell me how they're not all like that, really, just a few extremists are.....yeah, ok.
    I really do not know what your politics are but I am pretty much in agreement with your comment here. .
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

Read carefully, I'm not the one who started comparing lands or numbers.I was pointing out that if Lebanon is bigger it's population is siginifcantly less. Lebanon's civil war ended a long time ago and they've been trying to re-build since(except now they've been set back say..about 20 yrs).
    Soldiers were "captured" and they were going to be exchanged for the thousands of men and women thrown in Israeli prisons for no good reason.But..but.. they must be terrorists right? Just like all the prisoners in Guantanamo are terrorists.
    And if you're going to start complaining about bus stops and restaurants being bombed , how about the entire villages wiped out by Israel?
    The death toll has reached up to 245 till now and they plan to keep striking for weeks to come, the food supply won't last for a few more months and the Israeli pilots are bombing cars carrying medicine and supplies donated by the UAE because anything moving there is a target.For fuck's sake they're bombing ambulances. They're destroying the country,they're destroying it's infrastructure and they're destroying it's people. How is that NOT annihilation?
    They think that they're pressuring the Lebanese people and government into getting rid of Hezbollah, well congratulations, they've done just the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by shaki80
    Read carefully, I'm not the one who started comparing lands or numbers.I was pointing out that if Lebanon is bigger it's population is siginifcantly less. Lebanon's civil war ended a long time ago and they've been trying to re-build since(except now they've been set back say..about 20 yrs).
    Soldiers were "captured" and they were going to be exchanged for the thousands of men and women thrown in Israeli prisons for no good reason.But..but.. they must be terrorists right? Just like all the prisoners in Guantanamo are terrorists.
    And if you're going to start complaining about bus stops and restaurants being bombed , how about the entire villages wiped out by Israel?
    The death toll has reached up to 245 till now and they plan to keep striking for weeks to come, the food supply won't last for a few more months and the Israeli pilots are bombing cars carrying medicine and supplies donated by the UAE because anything moving there is a target.For fuck's sake they're bombing ambulances. They're destroying the country,they're destroying it's infrastructure and they're destroying it's people. How is that NOT annihilation?
    They think that they're pressuring the Lebanese people and government into getting rid of Hezbollah, well congratulations, they've done just the opposite.
    Well if Lebanon was not a Syrian puppet-state and had disarmed Hezbollah as it was supposed to according to the UN then this would not be happening right now would it? And fuck Hezbollah they are nothing but a shitty terrorist organization and given that they really are the ones who got the suicide bombing off and running with their bombing of the US Marine barracks way back when they(and those who support them) can go straight to hell. If the Lebanese embrace Hezbollah because of this then they are idiots and are signing their own death warrants. Hezbollah turns over it's kidnap victims, then Israel stops the bombing. Pretty simple really. They started up this shit again..and what do you expect Israel to do about the thousands of terrorist it has in custody? And to think that a great number of them are not is foolish and immature.
    All Israel wants is to be left alone! For fuck sake their is plenty of room for the so called "Palestinian People"(the vast majority of these 'people" are young and have never even stepped foot inside any area inside Israel) in other muslim countries..can't the muslims just say "ok..have that little sliver of land" and then it would just be over? For Christ sake 40% of all of the Jews in the world were murdered in the Holocaust! How the hell do you expect them to react after that? They want a homeland and they pretty much have one defacto and dejure andthe rest of the world needs to just get a grip and come to terms with it and get over it. I wish the rest of the world could just get together and 'pay off' these 'Palestinians'(who are really no different than Jordanians) to drop their claims and just move on. But of course that would not be possible as they)and the rest of most of the Arab world) simply want to turn back history as if Isreal does not exist. Aint gonna happen!

Well if Lebanon was not a Syrian puppet-state and had disarmed Hezbollah as it was supposed to according to the UN then this would not be happening right now would it? And fuck Hezbollah they are nothing but a shitty terrorist organization and given that they really are the ones who got the suicide bombing off and running with their bombing of the US Marine barracks way back when they(and those who support them) can go straight to hell. If the Lebanese embrace Hezbollah because of this then they are idiots and are signing their own death warrants. Hezbollah turns over it's kidnap victims, then Israel stops the bombing. Pretty simple really. They started up this shit again..and what do you expect Israel to do about the thousands of terrorist it has in custody? And to think that a great number of them are not is foolish and immature.
    All Israel wants is to be left alone! For fuck sake their is plenty of room for the so called "Palestinian People"(the vast majority of these 'people" are young and have never even stepped foot inside any area inside Israel) in other muslim countries..can't the muslims just say "ok..have that little sliver of land" and then it would just be over? For Christ sake 40% of all of the Jews in the world were murdered in the Holocaust! How the hell do you expect them to react after that? They want a homeland and they pretty much have one defacto and dejure andthe rest of the world needs to just get a grip and come to terms with it and get over it. I wish the rest of the world could just get together and 'pay off' these 'Palestinians'(who are really no different than Jordanians) to drop their claims and just move on. But of course that would not be possible as they)and the rest of most of the Arab world) simply want to turn back history as if Isreal does not exist. Aint gonna happen!
    To be completely honest, Lebanon is a pretty weak country, civil wars and being invaded by Israel in the past have made it pathetically weak in terms of it's government and army. They don't have to power to disarm Hezbollah and move them out of their country and they barely were able to do that with the Syrian army.
    I don't support the " omg wipe Israel off the map!" mentality , it's ridiculous and unrealistic and the only option is to co-exist. You can't just ship people (from either side) somewhere just to make room for the others. I just don't understand how bombing what are clearly civilian targets will achieve anything. Lebanese people who didn't support Hezbollah or what they did are pretty much viewing them as their only means of defence now since everybody else seems to think that they're "collateral damage".
    FYI, many of the prisoners are POW from when Israel invaded Lebanon, maybe some of them are terrorists but many of them were in legitimate defence of their country during the war.
    Last edited by shaki80; July 19th, 2006 at 11:00 AM.

If someone breaks into my house in the middle of the night they will be shot dead whether they were coming in with the intent of rape/murder or they were just wanting to steal my TV.
    Yes, but in trying to kill that robber, do you barge into your neighbors house, kill them, wipe out your entire neighborhood and then cluster bomb the entire county in which you live to make sure you got him?

That's what we're talking about here.. Israel hasn't just gone after the few guerillas that kidnapped a couple soldiers (legitimate target, btw, if unfortunate).. they've managed to knock out the infrastructure to an entire nation of people who had nothing to do with it, and kill 600 or so in the process.

Secondly, if Israel would grow the fuck up and STOP BRUTALLY OCCUPYING LANDS and oppressing the people in them for the last 30 years (despite 12 or so UN resolutions caling on them to pull out) it would go a LONG fucking way at diffusing the entire region.

But they don't want to. That land was given to them by GOD *eyeroll*.

The Muslims think the same thing, but TONS of people on both sides have no problem with living side by side.. it's the extremists on either end that are driving this.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

You know Bush is sitting there with a hard on thinking "YES!!! YES YES YES!!! More War! I love it!" (hands together moving in a back and forth motion eerily reminiscent of Mr. Burns from the Simpsons)
    I child-proofed my house but they keep getting back in!

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

Well if Lebanon was not a Syrian puppet-state and had disarmed Hezbollah as it was supposed to according to the UN then this would not be happening right now would it

Good point. I get sick of all these places that are supposed to disarm and don't do it, then they play the victim when they start getting their asses kicked. And I'm over the pacifist attitude that says we should just keep giving people another chance, then another chance, then another......it's like a really bad parent that keeps telling their obnoxious toddler that they'll have to leave the store if they don't behave, but they just keep on letting them scream and tear shit up anyway. What good is giving people mandates if you're not going to enforce it when they don't follow through?

edited to add: I am finding it really hard to see anything of value in that part of the world except for belly dancing and George Abdo records. It just seems like it's never been anything but one war after another over there for as long as I can remember.....one hostage situation after another, one bombing after another. They just seem so goddamned primitive to me that it gets hard to care about what the fuck they do to each other. They don't seem a whole lot different that 1,000 yrs ago and it grates on my fucking nerves. Everytime you see one of their 'leaders' it looks like some one-eyed freak who just stuck his finger in a light socket crawling up out from under a big boulder like in the Flintstones. I see that and I think, "That is what you're listening to?".Like I said, I have a lot of bias and I'm not going to pretend not to. No, I do not hate or dislike all people of Middle Eastern descent, and yes, I actually have known plenty of them (in college, grad school, work, and even socially). It's just that their extremists are allowed to dominate their culture and I would really like to see more of the non-extremists speaking out against them loudly enough for someone to actually hear it.
    Last edited by crumpet; July 19th, 2006 at 12:34 PM.

There is no point. If mandates had been followed, the UN would have yanked Israel out of the occupied territories and chances are we'd be much farther along in a REAL peace process of creating a viable Palestinian state, defanging terrorist groups and everybody just getting the fuck along!
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok
    There is no point. If mandates had been followed, the UN would have yanked Israel out of the occupied territories and chances are we'd be much farther along in a REAL peace process of creating a viable Palestinian state, defanging terrorist groups and everybody just getting the fuck along!
    Well if the ORIGINAL UN mandate had been accepted by the arabs then there would be two states now and no war, right? The whole thing just sucks and they are all right and all wrong and all at the same time! It is maddening!

Well if Lebanon was not a Syrian puppet-state and had disarmed Hezbollah as it was supposed to according to the UN then this would not be happening right now would it

Good point. I get sick of all these places that are supposed to disarm and don't do it, then they play the victim when they start getting their asses kicked. And I'm over the pacifist attitude that says we should just keep giving people another chance, then another chance, then another......it's like a really bad parent that keeps telling their obnoxious toddler that they'll have to leave the store if they don't behave, but they just keep on letting them scream and tear shit up anyway. What good is giving people mandates if you're not going to enforce it when they don't follow through?

edited to add: I am finding it really hard to see anything of value in that part of the world except for belly dancing and George Abdo records. It just seems like it's never been anything but one war after another over there for as long as I can remember.....one hostage situation after another, one bombing after another. They just seem so goddamned primitive to me that it gets hard to care about what the fuck they do to each other. They don't seem a whole lot different that 1,000 yrs ago and it grates on my fucking nerves. Everytime you see one of their 'leaders' it looks like some one-eyed freak who just stuck his finger in a light socket crawling up out from under a big boulder like in the Flintstones. I see that and I think, "That is what you're listening to?".Like I said, I have a lot of bias and I'm not going to pretend not to. No, I do not hate or dislike all people of Middle Eastern descent, and yes, I actually have known plenty of them (in college, grad school, work, and even socially). It's just that their extremists are allowed to dominate their culture and I would really like to see more of the non-extremists speaking out against them loudly enough for someone to actually hear it.
    But really this kind of thing is not confined to the middle east..look at the Balkans! *shudder*..it may be even worse there!

Can't you just use your special 'Grimm powers' to just make them all get along or suffer annihilation!

Well if the ORIGINAL UN mandate had been accepted by the arabs then there would be two states now and no war, right? The whole thing just sucks and they are all right and all wrong and all at the same time! It is maddening!
    Yeah, but you can't expect them to accept a mandate that basically shoves them off their own land. It was a stupid mandate to begin with, and it was imposed on innocent people by force. The war that followed was a reaction to that, and the occupation now is a reaction to that war (although really, what purpose does it serve these days?)...

It still devolves into a stupid game of "He started it!". Till that stops, they'll be at each others throats till the end of time or someone wipes them BOTH out.

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

Yeah, but you can't expect them to accept a mandate that basically shoves them off their own land. It was a stupid mandate to begin with, and it was imposed on innocent people by force. The war that followed was a reaction to that, and the occupation now is a reaction to that war (although really, what purpose does it serve these days?)...

The UN is as worthless as a paper hat in a rainstorm anyway.

That's because it's populated by selfish nations who, for some reason, have veto powers over everything.

The UN needs its own military, that's the only time it will be relevant.

awesome post!

The UN needs its own military, that's the only time it will be relevant.
    put down the crack pipe and back away slowly Grimm. The UN should be immediately disbanded, I can't believe you wrote that and I seriously hope you are joking.

Quote Originally Posted by Sojiita
    problem is, there was no actual "Palestinian" people, this is a fallacy which was created by the British. And on top of that, many Arab nations even until today, refuse to sign or agree to anything that would recognize Israel as a legit country or people with a right to life! Some will stop at nothing short of total genocide of the Israeli people and all Jews.

Grrr...I was waiting for someone to say that the UN shouldn't exist. How predictable.

No, I'm not. A *real* UN, comprised of member nations that DO NOT HAVE VETO POWER, that contribute manpower and materiel to a multinational military force would be an effective peacekeeping force throughout the planet.

Much like a parliamentary system, it would determine what actions would be taken in idiot crises like this with no one nation, or small groups of nations, being able to veto anything, or sway the vote in such a way that ridiculous bias could enter into the process.

It would keep everyone in check, from Kim Jong Krazy to Der Chimpenfuhrer or whoever runs Syria at the moment.

Of course, nobody will agree to that because of pompous self importance and stupid notions of manifest destiny, or merely the idea of BEHAVING THEMSELVES LIKE ADULTS FOR A FUCKING CHANGE.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information