Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Hillary Clinton takes Ohio -- easily. Whoohoo!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by crumpet View Post
    ^^He thinks she's a backstabbing, lying bitch, who will say or do anything to get what she wants. Although, that's really all politicans, isn't it? I agree with Sluce. I think it really grates some men when a woman won't stay in her place. She gets all kinds of labels attributed to her that men who do the exact same things don't. From this process I've learned that ambition, tenacity, shrewd planning are all terrible things..............if done by a woman. When done by a man it shows gusto and strength and backbone. Men who pipe up are assertive, women are shrill. Women who want a huge position of power so badly (my favorite criticism) are looked upon with suspicion. No doubt men like your husband don't mind some women being business owners or even bosses or attorneys and doctors. But a woman having the audacity to think she should be able to lead is just a metaphorical kick in the nuts. Women who want more than to just take second billing on the marquee are imasculating to many men and most won't dare articulate that publicly and many, I suspect, even deny it to themselves. For all their talk about being strong, brave, natural leaders men sure are fucking fragile and I'm getting sick of being expected to limit my potential to appease them.
    I couldn't agree more with everything you just said. Strong women have always been regarded this way (Katie Couric, Martha Stewart and Oprah come to mind). In fact I was watching the news last night and they were interviewing people in Ohio and Texas, and many of the men said they were voting for Barack Obama. When asked why one man responded "I don't know if we're ready for a lady president, I just don't know about that one." And another guy said "She might crack under the pressure and she doesn't have what it takes. Is she going to cry if we have another terrorist attack?" It was then pointed out that Mitt Romney got misty eyed at one point also and both men seemed indifferent. Then they were asked if they thought the country was ready for an African American president and both responded yes. I think some men would rather vote for a biracial man than ANY woman. Seems ironic since men would not be here without women, and vice versa. We're all just humans regardless of sex or race.

Oh come on. Martha Stewart is an ice queen, you can see it in her eyes when one of her guests does the arts and crafts better than her. It's total muder in there.

Oprah is successful, which is fine, but she's turned fucking full of herself and preachy as shit. She thinks she's the daytime messiah fer gawds sake. That's not disliking her for being successful, that's disliking her for her having her head up her own sanctimonious ass.

Katie Couric... wasn't aware people had a problem with her. She seems successful and neither of the first 2 things.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

OK but they were just examples, maybe I could have found better ones. My point is when there is a strong successful woman out there (especially one running for the highest position possible) some men do feel threatened and attempt to tear her down.

And Katie Couric gets called "cold" or an "ice queen" all the time. I don't know maybe she is, but I've never heard a man get called names like that. I've also heard tough, sharp men get called powerful and strong, but if you see these same qualities in women (like Hillary), they get called every name in the book. Shrill, bitch, ice queen, cold, the C word, lesbian, dyke, etc.
    Last edited by nycgirl; March 6th, 2008 at 01:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    Oh come on. Martha Stewart is an ice queen, you can see it in her eyes when one of her guests does the arts and crafts better than her. It's total muder in there.
    How dare you even imply that a guest could do a craft better than Martha!!!!!!!

yeah, see that's another one of those hetero alpha male things that I don't get.

i don't care if you have a meatpole or alien pod for genitals, if you're better for the job then you're better for the job.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    yeah, see that's another one of those hetero alpha male things that I don't get.

i don't care if you have a meatpole or alien pod for genitals, if you're better for the job then you're better for the job.

Quote Originally Posted by nycgirly101 View Post
    OK but they were just examples, maybe I could have found better ones. My point is when there is a strong successful woman out there (especially one running for the highest position possible) some men do feel threatened and attempt to tear her down.

And Katie Couric gets called "cold" or an "ice queen" all the time. I don't know maybe she is, but I've never heard a man get called names like that. I've also hear tough, sharp men get called powerful and strong, but if you see these same qualities in women (like Hillary), they get called every name in the book. Shrill, bitch, ice queen, cold, the C word, lesbian, dyke, etc.
    that's because women are supposed to be warm and loving and motherly and emotional even though that would disqualify them from political leadership because they might, you know, cry if there's a terrorist attack or bomb finland on a whim because they were PMS-ing that day, or had hot flashes. but if they're not soft and motherly, then they're shrill dyke bitches and doubts are expressed about their femininity. it's the ultimate catch-22.

go hillary.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I was just thinking - Hillary should have to release a copy of her latest visit to the gyno. That way we can be sure she is through menopause. I don't want some crazy bitch having hot flashes while she should be running our country! We don't have time for mood swings either!!

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    I was just thinking - Hillary should have to release a copy of her latest visit to the gyno. That way we can be sure she is through menopause. I don't want some crazy bitch having hot flashes while she should be running our country! We don't have time for mood swings either!!

we all need to receive a calendar of her cycles too (although at her age... never mind lol)

Yay, I'll admit, I want to see Hillary win, she's worked longer and harder for it than Obama has. I'd rather see the US with someone who not only has a longstanding poli background, but also has experience living with Presidency and all it entails. Just think of the great support system she has with her poli party (Obama being one of them) and hubby!
    "In the face of the blinding sun, I wake only to find
    that Heaven is a stranger place than than one I've left behind." - SM

.....frankly,......after 8 years of Happy Stupid George....I'm voting for her BECAUSE she's a bitch......

....if she didn't fold being married to Bill (and I love the man, don't get me wrong).....she can deal with Ahmadinejad with one hand tied behind her back......

^^^ LOL - you are correct - surviving being married to Bill could serve her well. Too bad she can't make a commercial about that!

...something on the order of....."If I can get my husband to keep it in his pants......don't you think I can turn our economy around?"......

....of course, she'd have to put Bill in a chastity belt as long as the ad was playing so that he didn't prove her wrong.....

But he'd be so much fun as a First Man....so much more fun than the current First Twit we now have.........and frankly, Obama's wife looks like way more of a bitch than Hillary.....and not a smart bitch like our Hillary is.....

[QUOTE=cynic;1086693..and frankly, Obama's wife looks like way more of a bitch than Hillary.....and not a smart bitch like our Hillary is.....[/QUOTE]

Well at least she has finally found something to be proud of in our country!

I hadn't really thought much of how Bill would react to being the 1st Partner.... Wonder what he would choose as his platform. Some have done the anti drug message, others embraced literacy. What will Bill embrace? Maybe reinstating cigar imports from Cuba.

^^^
    internships for all!
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information