Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Hillary Clinton takes Ohio -- easily. Whoohoo!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    I saw an interesting interview last night about why the super delegates were put in place. They pointed out that, now especially since so many primaries were early, much can happen from the day people vote until the nomimation becomes official. The commentator showed how the trend tend to go back and forth favoring one candidate and then the other. He pointed out that if a scandal comes up between the primaries and the elections it allows the party to shift their support to the candidate most likely to win. They used the example of the trial in Chicago as an example. I personally don't think anything will come of that but they said Obama has observers at the trial taking notes as do the Republicans. If something happened that cast doubt on Obama's role in those real estate deals people who had supported may want to change their minds. This also goes for any scandal Clinton may have come up. It does make some sense in that regard.
    It's logical, 9 months to the election. Thats a lifetime in politics
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Quote Originally Posted by yanna View Post
    aw, grimm, let us enjoy it.
    Yes, please.

Quote Originally Posted by LynnieD View Post
    Crazy stuff here. I actually WATCHED the coverage. How ridiculous am I?

God this is great though.

Not ridiculous at all. I was glued to CNN until about 12:30. Finally had to go to bed. Now I'm paying for it at work....but it was worth it. Go Hillary!
    Never trust a big butt and a smile...

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    One of the local news commentators here said last night, "It appears as though all the hype is calming down and people will begin to look for substance". It will be interesting but I must admit I wish I didn't live in PA. The next 6 weeks will be hell with all the commercials and visits that tie up traffic!!
    Well it's about damn time!

Thank GOD Ohio actually pulled through. Hillary for PREZ!!!
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

[QUOTE=pacific breeze;1085645I don't think Hillary is as universally loathed as you think she is. [/QUOTE]

Again, I think she is that loathed. As I watched the coverage, hubby came in to see how it was going and said, "If Hillary makes it, I'm either voting McCain or not voting because I will not vote for Hillary." For some reason, it runs that deep with him, and he's never voted Repub before.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

so why wont he vote for hillary? Why would he vote for a Bush enabling repub tool like McCain over someone who is, at least, SANE
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

^^He thinks she's a backstabbing, lying bitch, who will say or do anything to get what she wants. Although, that's really all politicans, isn't it?

I will encourage him to not vote instead of voting McCain. If doesn't feel well about backing Hillary, that's his own choice.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

Yeah, not voting or spoiling the ballot would be better than helping another 4 yeas of Bushesque rule destroy the country even further.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by louiswinthorpe111 View Post
    ^^He thinks she's a backstabbing, lying bitch, who will say or do anything to get what she wants. Although, that's really all politicans, isn't it?
    I will encourage him to not vote instead of voting McCain. If doesn't feel well about backing Hillary, that's his own choice.
    Unfortunately, it is how some men view women who don't fit into the mold they want them to be in, whether it be business or politics. As a women business owner I have experienced too many men who were clearly sexist. When I beat them out on a line of business they would tell people it was because I am a women and the company who bought my services needed to meet some quota.

Quote Originally Posted by Sojiita View Post
    Thank you Ohio!

Quote Originally Posted by HWBL View Post
    Yep, great that she won. Keeping my fingers crossed that
    she will get enough delegates to get the nomination.
    Obama in eight years, yeah!

Count me in on this plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Sojiita View Post
    Yea, way to go there Sojjy baby!! Thank you!

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

^^He thinks she's a backstabbing, lying bitch, who will say or do anything to get what she wants. Although, that's really all politicans, isn't it? I agree with Sluce. I think it really grates some men when a woman won't stay in her place. She gets all kinds of labels attributed to her that men who do the exact same things don't. From this process I've learned that ambition, tenacity, shrewd planning are all terrible things..............if done by a woman. When done by a man it shows gusto and strength and backbone. Men who pipe up are assertive, women are shrill. Women who want a huge position of power so badly (my favorite criticism) are looked upon with suspicion. No doubt men like your husband don't mind some women being business owners or even bosses or attorneys and doctors. But a woman having the audacity to think she should be able to lead is just a metaphorical kick in the nuts. Women who want more than to just take second billing on the marquee are imasculating to many men and most won't dare articulate that publicly and many, I suspect, even deny it to themselves. For all their talk about being strong, brave, natural leaders men sure are fucking fragile and I'm getting sick of being expected to limit my potential to appease them.

Hillary For Prez!!!
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

Quote Originally Posted by crumpet View Post
    For all their talk about being strong, brave, natural leaders men sure are fucking fragile and I'm getting sick of being expected to limit my potential to appease them.
    I think I love you!!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information