Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Hillary Clinton takes Ohio -- easily. Whoohoo!!!!

Yay! I finally had to go to bed last night before all was said and done, but I was happy to wake up and hear Clinton won all three states! And she had a 10 point percentage gap in Ohio!
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Crazy stuff here. I actually WATCHED the coverage. How ridiculous am I?

God this is great though.

Quote Originally Posted by LynnieD View Post
    I won't even lie, I cannot believe it. I am thrilled, but completely stunned.

NOW it's getting exciting. Woohoo bitches!
    "Bitch is the new Black" ~Tina Fey

Markos points out what everyone has been writing for days. With 1,000 or so delegates remaining to be won before yesterday, Hillary may have picked up 2. One-third of the total remaining delegates were on the table, and she got 2 (so far). If she keeps going at this pace, after yesterday "huge" victory, she can get 4 more before the race is over. That does nothing to get her any closer to the 157 delegates she needs to overtake Obama. From Markos:

So total for the night, thus far, is Clinton 187 186 and Obama 185. Not all votes are in, so things will change a bit. But at this point, we have a ridiculously tiny one-delegate lead for Clinton for the night, which could either produce her first delegate victory of the election, or be erased by the rest of the still-not-reported Texas caucuses.

Now according to both the Clinton and Obama campaigns, Obama entered the race with a 159 pledged delegate lead. So with some luck, Clinton ends the night about ... 157 delegates behind.

More problematic for Clinton, is that today's 370 delegates were about 38 percent of the just-shy of 1,000 remaining delegates before Tuesday's contests. That means we just had over 1/3rd of the remaining delegates allocated, with only marginal-to-none gains in the count for Clinton.

So Clinton is running out of states, and even her "big" victory Tuesday is proving little more than a pyrrhic victory.

She can't win. But she can ensure that Obama is so bloodied, to use Rush Limbaugh's description of the Clinton strategy, that Obama is damaged goods come the fall. After all, if Hillary can't get the nomination, then nobody should. While I respect the arguments that the lengthy primary process has skyrocketed Democratic turnout and organizing, it's also tearing us and our candidates apart. And get ready for Team Clinton to go even more negative after last night. That means more racism and more made-for-GOP-TV statements about how John McCain is the most experienced candidate for president.

AMERICAblog: A great nation deserves the truth
    so if the math doesn't work out, what are all the hillbots celebrating?

*scratches head*

am i missing something?
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

aw, grimm, let us enjoy it.

I'm glad that she won Ohio and Texas. It shows all those who counted her out that they counted the chickens too soon.

This is politics, it's a fighters game- and anyone who doesn't get that doesn't have the stomach for what it takes to win.

I've already been hearing whining about these wins, she used attack ads, she used the race card (of which I have failed to see evidence) and the ever popular "She's a Bitch!"

Now I'm already reading - "oh the math is against her". More bullshit, neither of them can get the numbers of pledged delegates in the remaining primaries required now. It's going to go to the Superdelegates. It's the spin trying to downplay these victories.

If it goes all the way to Denver, it won't be the first time that's happened in US politics.

This is the way the game is played here. If the Obama supporters can't take it, then they don't have what it takes to bear up under the fight that the GOP will put up. The fight in the General Election will make the Dem primary fight look like a lovers quarrel.
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post

*scratches head*

am i missing something?
    Because she needed these wins to stay in the game. Now she has momentum, and her win in Ohio was very important. She can make a solid case for herself now.

ah. so it's a "stave off total defeat" kind of victory.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Not really..... because unless Obama or Hillary reaches over 2000 delegates (which they won't), it will go to the convention. She also has a shot at winning PA in April. Because she won Ohio, and historically Ohio is a must win for a presidential hopeful, she can make a solid case for herself at the convention. She can still win the nomination, it will all come down to the superdelegates.

The math is not feasible for either candidate now. It's going to go to the Superdelegates and the Convention.

Don't buy into the spin that the math is only against Clinton. It's against Obama as well.
    Last edited by witchcurlgirl; March 5th, 2008 at 10:42 AM. Reason: spelling error
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Haha!

YES!

It ain't over until the fat lady sings.......I knew the Rust Belt wouldn't be behind Obama's elitist crap......they've been hearing that old shit about change for decades now.....what they need is someone who can negotiate trade agreements with some teeth in them......

One of the local news commentators here said last night, "It appears as though all the hype is calming down and people will begin to look for substance". It will be interesting but I must admit I wish I didn't live in PA. The next 6 weeks will be hell with all the commercials and visits that tie up traffic!!

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post

*scratches head*

am i missing something?
    She can still ask the superdelegates to back her, regardless of the popular vote. If they want to back her, they're able to. It would almost certainly make Obama's supporters fighting mad, but as we've seen before in the U.S., just because you have the most votes, doesn't mean you win.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Its going to brokered, folks. Hillary needs to win 53% of the remaining delegates. Not saying its impossible, but it is unlikely.

If it goes to brokered, Hillary will be the nominee... bet!

I saw an interesting interview last night about why the super delegates were put in place. They pointed out that, now especially since so many primaries were early, much can happen from the day people vote until the nomimation becomes official. The commentator showed how the trend tend to go back and forth favoring one candidate and then the other. He pointed out that if a scandal comes up between the primaries and the elections it allows the party to shift their support to the candidate most likely to win. They used the example of the trial in Chicago as an example. I personally don't think anything will come of that but they said Obama has observers at the trial taking notes as do the Republicans. If something happened that cast doubt on Obama's role in those real estate deals people who had supported may want to change their minds. This also goes for any scandal Clinton may have come up. It does make some sense in that regard.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information