Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 91

Thread: Hillary Clinton considers garnishing wages to ensure universal health care

  1. #76
    Elite Member kingcap72's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    10 miles from Pootie Tang
    Posts
    21,909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tkdgirl View Post
    Kucinich always reminded me of a vulcan, and I don't know why.
    Because he looks like the bastard child of Spock and Kirk.

  2. #77
    Elite Member tkdgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    5,469

    Default

    ^^ LOL! How do all the dweebs get the pretty wives? Dennis is either rich or has a big schlong, though his wife looks like a character from a Shakespeare play (or local Renaissance festival.)

  3. #78
    Elite Member witchcurlgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Acerbia
    Posts
    33,561

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    Don't try to pull that I can be objective and speak without passion nonsense, when you were the one that posted earlier that some of the things you were reading in this thread were 'so idiotic.' Not exactly the statement of someone who is being objective and speaking without passion.
    I used the word idiotic in reference to some of the interpretations that I saw posters had of the candidates medical plans. I wasn't using it to refer to either candidiate. So yes, I was speaking objectively.

    I saw repeated posts stating things about this current healthcare issue that were incorrect, like people would have to give up their own private insurance, or why should I have to pay for other people's medical insurance (when taxpayers already pay for other people's Medicaid).

    I was entitled to make my comments.

    I did not single out or address any specific poster until you quoted my posts.

    But I do thank you for the lively discourse. It helps my workday pass quickly
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone


    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.


    If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

  4. #79
    Elite Member kingcap72's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    10 miles from Pootie Tang
    Posts
    21,909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    I used the word idiotic in reference to some of the interpretations that I saw posters had of the candidates medical plans. I wasn't using it to refer to either candidiate. So yes, I was speaking objectively.

    I saw repeated posts stating things about this current healthcare issue that were incorrect, like people would have to give up their own private insurance, or why should I have to pay for other people's medical insurance (when taxpayers already pay for other people's Medicaid).

    I was entitled to make my comments.

    I did not single out or address any specific poster until you quoted my posts.

    But I do thank you for the lively discourse. It helps my workday pass quickly
    I didn't accuse you of calling the candidates idiotic, which you know, and I did say that you were talking about what other posters were saying. And calling people's interpretations 'idiotic' is NOT being objective.

    And nobody said you singled out any particular poster, so I didn't think you were directly talking to me.

    And nobody is saying that you aren't entitled to make your comments. But if you make them then stand behind them, instead of trying to pretend that you're being 'objective and speaking without passion.'

    And why does this conversation sound so familiar. Pacific Breeze is that you in disguise?

  5. #80
    Elite Member witchcurlgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Acerbia
    Posts
    33,561

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    I didn't accuse you of calling the candidates idiotic, which you know, and I did say that you were talking about what other posters were saying. And calling people's interpretations 'idiotic' is NOT being objective.

    And nobody said you singled out any particular poster, so I didn't think you were directly talking to me.

    And nobody is saying that you aren't entitled to make your comments. But if you make them then stand behind them, instead of trying to pretend that you're being 'objective and speaking without passion.'

    And why does this conversation sound so familiar. Pacific Breeze is that you in disguise?
    I'm not looking for an argument babe. I was pointing out that some posters were incorrectly criticizing these healthcare plans.

    I stand behind all my statements, which doesn't actually take a lot of balls on an anonymous web board.

    People get the story wrong, (which is why Bush was re-elected), and they make their decisions based on incorrect information. It's fine if people don't agree with these healthcare plans, but it shouldn't be for incorrect reasons like "oh no, i'll have to give up my private insurance" or "i'm not paying for anyone else's insurance" when they already do.
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone


    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.


    If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

  6. #81
    Elite Member kingcap72's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    10 miles from Pootie Tang
    Posts
    21,909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    I'm not looking for an argument babe. I was pointing out that some posters were incorrectly criticizing these healthcare plans.

    I stand behind all my statements, which doesn't actually take a lot of balls on an anonymous web board.

    People get the story wrong, (which is why Bush was re-elected), and they make their decisions based on incorrect information. It's fine if people don't agree with these healthcare plans, but it shouldn't be for incorrect reasons like "oh no, i'll have to give up my private insurance" or "i'm not paying for anyone else's insurance" when they already do.
    Hey, I'm not looking for a fight either.

    And I respect that you stand by what you say, and I stand by what I say. That's what makes a good debate. You can agree to disagree.

    And you're right, people do get info wrong. But in my case, I know that some of my taxes go to pay for social programs. And I have no problem with that, just as long as it doesn't get out of hand and I'm paying out MORE money to support people who refuse to try and help themselves.

  7. #82
    Elite Member witchcurlgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Acerbia
    Posts
    33,561

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    Hey, I'm not looking for a fight either.

    And I respect that you stand by what you say, and I stand by what I say. That's what makes a good debate. You can agree to disagree.

    And you're right, people do get info wrong. But in my case, I know that some of my taxes go to pay for social programs. And I have no problem with that, just as long as it doesn't get out of hand and I'm paying out MORE money to support people who refuse to try and help themselves.
    I'm with you there. I think a lot of us are tired of working hard and looking around at those who just want to milk the system for all they can get.
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone


    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.


    If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

  8. #83
    Elite Member kingcap72's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    10 miles from Pootie Tang
    Posts
    21,909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    I'm with you there. I think a lot of us are tired of working hard and looking around at those who just want to milk the system for all they can get.
    Tell me about it. I bust my ass to make ends meet, and barely get by, and then you have people who are able to work, but just want to milk the system and have me pay for it. I feel NO sympathy for them.

  9. #84
    OCD
    OCD is offline
    Silver Member OCD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    584

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    Tell me about it. I bust my ass to make ends meet, and barely get by, and then you have people who are able to work, but just want to milk the system and have me pay for it. I feel NO sympathy for them.
    But don't you see we all pay for the "milkers" always have always will because there are people that make it their profession to milk the system and do quite successfully.

    I don't see why you would have a problem with your taxes being used for something WE can ALL use, as opposed to just those that fall into the poverty bracket (working or not.)

    If you had an actual breakdown of how much taxes they take from you to provide social programs you don't use, I think you'd be surprised at just how little the amount actually is.

    Anyway we are all in this together, and as a person living within a very hardworking family who is LOCKED out of the healthcare "system" right now due to it's barbaric and unethical bullshit I truly believe it would behoove us all to have access to some basic healthcare services.

    That isn't welfare, it's called civilized society. All the people you're pissed about supporting right now are going to continue collecting the bennies no matter what, let us not confuse welfare fraud with the common good.

    We all pave the roads, light the streets, furnish schools, and allow the government to do all the wonderful and not so wonderful things it does for us so we don't live like amazon bushmen, and I think adding a basic human need to this as beneficial.

    We can all disagree, but something is very very wrong right now with the healthcare in this country. Some people have it good- real good and it isn't neccessarily because they work hard, and some people have mediocre insurance and it isn't because they don't work hard enough, some people have medicaid because they have nearly nothing regardless of their working status, and then there are those that have no insurance and don't qualify for any aid, and cannot buy into the stupid privatized system without losing their homes. THIS IS NOT RIGHT!

    And those that are sitting in a cubicle at Microsoft scheduling their next massage with a 50 cent copay, and gulping down their 5 different pharmacueticals that keep them alive that they didn't have to buy outright can just straight out fuck off.

    Why do our elected officials and government workers get awesome healthcare? Are they more important than you and I? Do they possess some awesome skill none of us do? Do they work so much harder? Do they just plain "need and deserve" it more?

    This place is straight fucked up. AMERICA that is. It's free but fuck if it's not rigged.

  10. #85
    Elite Member kingcap72's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    10 miles from Pootie Tang
    Posts
    21,909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OCD View Post
    But don't you see we all pay for the "milkers" always have always will because there are people that make it their profession to milk the system and do quite successfully.

    I don't see why you would have a problem with your taxes being used for something WE can ALL use, as opposed to just those that fall into the poverty bracket (working or not.)

    If you had an actual breakdown of how much taxes they take from you to provide social programs you don't use, I think you'd be surprised at just how little the amount actually is.

    Anyway we are all in this together, and as a person living within a very hardworking family who is LOCKED out of the healthcare "system" right now due to it's barbaric and unethical bullshit I truly believe it would behoove us all to have access to some basic healthcare services.

    That isn't welfare, it's called civilized society. All the people you're pissed about supporting right now are going to continue collecting the bennies no matter what, let us not confuse welfare fraud with the common good.

    We all pave the roads, light the streets, furnish schools, and allow the government to do all the wonderful and not so wonderful things it does for us so we don't live like amazon bushmen, and I think adding a basic human need to this as beneficial.

    We can all disagree, but something is very very wrong right now with the healthcare in this country. Some people have it good- real good and it isn't neccessarily because they work hard, and some people have mediocre insurance and it isn't because they don't work hard enough, some people have medicaid because they have nearly nothing regardless of their working status, and then there are those that have no insurance and don't qualify for any aid, and cannot buy into the stupid privatized system without losing their homes. THIS IS NOT RIGHT!

    And those that are sitting in a cubicle at Microsoft scheduling their next massage with a 50 cent copay, and gulping down their 5 different pharmacueticals that keep them alive that they didn't have to buy outright can just straight out fuck off.

    Why do our elected officials and government workers get awesome healthcare? Are they more important than you and I? Do they possess some awesome skill none of us do? Do they work so much harder? Do they just plain "need and deserve" it more?

    This place is straight fucked up. AMERICA that is. It's free but fuck if it's not rigged.
    Okay, I don't have a problem with anything that would be beneficial to EVERYBODY. And if I thought that universal healthcare would actually work, then I'd be all for it.

    And, yeah, I know that we all pay for the people who milk the system. My post wasn't about not helping those who are unable to help themselves or the people who hit a rough patch. It was about the people who make it their business to milk the system. And I don't mean, just the poor, but the wealthy who manage to find loopholes in the tax laws so that they don't have to pay as much, and the middle class have to carry the burden.

    So, don't jump to the conclusion that I'm not about helping my fellow citizens and that I have anything against my tax dollars being used for social programs, because that's not the case. I just want my tax dollars spent wisely, which is what I think anybody would want.

  11. #86
    OCD
    OCD is offline
    Silver Member OCD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    584

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    Okay, I don't have a problem with anything that would be beneficial to EVERYBODY. And if I thought that universal healthcare would actually work, then I'd be all for it.

    And, yeah, I know that we all pay for the people who milk the system. My post wasn't about not helping those who are unable to help themselves or the people who hit a rough patch. It was about the people who make it their business to milk the system. And I don't mean, just the poor, but the wealthy who manage to find loopholes in the tax laws so that they don't have to pay as much, and the middle class have to carry the burden.

    So, don't jump to the conclusion that I'm not about helping my fellow citizens and that I have anything against my tax dollars being used for social programs, because that's not the case. I just want my tax dollars spent wisely, which is what I think anybody would want.
    I'm not, I agree with you. The reality of this dream working is not so good. And Hillary scares me, guess we'll have to wait and see...

  12. #87
    Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Uranus
    Posts
    31,885

    Default

    As someone who knows I won't get covered by private health care for a pre-existing condition if and when I move back stateside I'm all for universal health care and I don't give a flying crap how it comes about. Private options should be available as well (like in Sweden and other European countries) but I like that those who work privately are more or less forced to give a small percentage of thier practice to public health care. You shouldn't be forced to go bankrupt just because you're sick.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

    "When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

  13. #88
    Elite Member kingcap72's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    10 miles from Pootie Tang
    Posts
    21,909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OCD View Post
    I'm not, I agree with you. The reality of this dream working is not so good. And Hillary scares me, guess we'll have to wait and see...
    Hillary's plan sounds good in theory, but universal health care will never happen, as long as the insurance and drug companies continue to have a stranglehold on Washington. Because if you have universal healthcare for everyone then that means people don't have to pay the high premiums for health benefits, and they don't have to pay so much for prescription drugs if they go through the government plan.

    So, the insurance and drug companies lose billions in revenue. They won't let that happen. Especially since they donate so much money to political campaigns.

  14. #89
    Elite Member Beeyotch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    27,891

    Default

    There needs to be big reform on the pharma and insurance industries. How do we make that happen?

    They're the root of the problem. They're the ones holding health care for ransom. They're outright fleecing people with the cost of drugs and care. Those that actually need serious medical care are denied if the condition is pre-existing. They'll do anything to avoid paying for the care of those who suddenly need the insurance they've legitimately paid for. So only the ones who don't need it at the moment can have the privilege of paying for insurance? How backwards is that?

    Big drug and health insurance industries need to be held accountable. It's just depressing to think about how impossible that seems.

  15. #90
    Elite Member kingcap72's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    10 miles from Pootie Tang
    Posts
    21,909

    Default

    ^^Beeyotch, I agree with everything you wrote. You're right, there needs to be reform with both the health insurance and the drug companies. Unfortunately, the only way that's going to happen is if the government steps in and starts demanding reform. But since both the drug and insurance companies have Washington by the balls, I just don't see any reform coming in the near future. Which means that the rest of us have to bite the bullet and take a hit in our wallets.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Hillary Clinton parts with Bill Clinton on Social Security crisis
    By JamieElizabeth in forum U.S. Politics and Issues
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: October 16th, 2007, 04:06 PM
  2. Hilary Clinton unveils mandatory health care plan
    By nwgirl in forum U.S. Politics and Issues
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: September 18th, 2007, 05:48 PM
  3. The Hillary Clinton Rap
    By UndercoverGator in forum Laughs and Oddities
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: January 31st, 2007, 08:39 PM
  4. Replies: 6
    Last Post: January 9th, 2007, 02:39 PM
  5. Replies: 65
    Last Post: June 24th, 2006, 01:45 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •