Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hillary Clinton chokes up in appearance

Quote Originally Posted by stylejunkiex View Post
    By this point, I'll take anyone.

No, seriously though.. I think Hilary and Obama are two personalities that America might not be ready to deal with. Hilary, like it or not, will always be associated with her husband, his infidelities, and the fact that she's a woman. Obama, like it or not, will always be associated with Oprah Winfrey, being the first real black frontrunner in a Democratic presidential campaign, and having a name that rymes with 'Osama'. I'd like to think most Americans would educate themselves about the candidates and their respective platforms, but a lot of people are just going to vote for Hilary because she's a woman or, dually, WONT vote her for BECAUSE she's a woman. Same goes for Obama- he's going to get the vote because he's black or he'll lose a vote because he's black. It's my opinion that articles like these don't help that situation.. by focusing more on Hilary's emotions rather than her political platform, readers will see this and immediately make a decision based solely on the fact that she's 'weak' or she's a 'cunt'...

Just my opinion, though.
    I agree with your entire post, SJ.

When it comes to Hillary, a lot of people do associate her with Bill. Some of the people that hated Bill aren't going to vote for her by association, and some of the people that loved Bill are going to vote for her by association. Plus, being a woman, some people, men and woman, are going to have a problem with her running for president because they think a woman can't do the job. But one of the things that's hurting Hillary is that she can't admit the fact that she made a mistake voting for the Iraq war. She keeps rambling on about how she was misled by Bush. While that's true, she still voted for the war, which was a mistake. By not being able to admit that she was wrong, she's coming off too much like Bush.

And Hillary crying isn't a good thing, because it plays into those stereotypes that a woman is 'too emotional.' But if a male politician broke down and started crying under the pressure, he would get ripped more than Hillary.

As far as Obama, there are people who can't see beyond the fact that he's black, and will either vote, or not vote, for him based on those reasons. And when people keep bringing up the fact that his name sounds similar to Osama, that's just a smokescreen to hide the fact that they don't want a black man to be president.

Now, I like both Hillary and Obama, and I think both would do a good job. But, on the other hand, since the late 80's up until the present all of our presidents have been named Bush or Clinton. It's time to break that pattern, if for no other reason than you don't want to have family dynasties in the presidency.

At first, I was leaning more toward Hillary, because I figured we needed somebody with some experience in the White House to clean up the mess that Bush made. But now I'm leaning more toward Obama, because he is starting to inspire me with some of his ideas. And I haven't felt inspired by a politician since Bill Clinton.

Quote Originally Posted by OCD View Post
    This always happens with women. You get screwed over if you don't show up with steel balls, and then when you show up with your steel balls everyone is whispering "My god she must be a bulldyke!" "That woman is a cold bitch!" Then she sheds a tear (since when is that a girl thing?!) and she is now weak and unable to run a country.

I think sincerity is very important, and if someone is moved to tears shit who cares? If she is faking bravo, it wouldn't be the first time she orchestrated something so big deal. She's had to sleep with Bill all these years and not chop his cock off, I'm sure she has the faking thing down pat.

The truth is they are all manipulative, this is politics afterall.

Maybe a crier is what we need at this point? I'm not voting for Hillary yet that I know of (I like to keep my options open it's very early yet) but her crying doesn't really sway me either way.

I see this as not really a very big deal. And Romney creeps me out.

Completely agree. Damned if you do and damned if you don't. Some people, whether they admit it or not (men and women), just don't want to vote for a female candidate. It's a damn shame because I think Hillary would do a fine job in office, and I agree with her on almost every issue. I was watching the news today and there were hecklers at a Clinton campaign with signs that said "iron my shirt". Sexism (and racism) is alive and well, people are just too spineless to admit it sometimes. If you read some of the comments on political youtube videos or on IMDB and you can see all the sexist and racist people (who love hiding behind computers). It's really sad actually.
    Last edited by nycgirl; January 8th, 2008 at 07:37 PM.

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

Well, I have to say that any doubts whether a woman should be President just got confirmed. I didn't have much respect for her before, but now, I don't have any. Pulling the 'tears' card? Give me a break. I loathe women who use that trick in corporate life, and now Hillary, queen of all women, does it.
    I am sorry, but I am almost embarrassed for you after having read your statement. For fucksake, we see male coaches cry over losing a fucking Super Bowl game! Not to mention male politicians who have 'choked up' and yet no one consideres that evidence that 'men can't handle pressure'. Besides, she was hardly blubberingwith big sobs and tears
    running down her face. She showed emotion and she did not lose her composure. People say she's not electable becasue she's too cold, then when she shows emotion of any kind (even anger) she is too soft. I think it gave her a human quality many people have needed to see. I'd honestly rather people just come out and say what they really mean: women are inferior no matter what, and nothing they say or do will change some peoples' minds about that. If you're going to be a poster child for the 1950's just wear the damn uniform already.

edited to add:I think her reaction was sincere and not calculated.
    Last edited by crumpet; January 9th, 2008 at 10:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by crumpet View Post
    Well, I have to say that any doubts whether a woman should be President just got confirmed. I didn't have much respect for her before, but now, I don't have any. Pulling the 'tears' card? Give me a break. I loathe women who use that trick in corporate life, and now Hillary, queen of all women, does it.
    I am sorry, but I am almost embarrassed for you after having read your statement. For fucksake, we seem male coaches cry over losing a fucking Super Bowl game! Not to mention male politicians who have 'choked up' and yet no one consideres that evidence that 'men can't handle pressure'. Besides, she was hardly blubberingwith big sobs and tears running down her face. She showed emotion and she did not lose her composure. People say she's not electable becasue she's too cold, then when she shows emotion of any kind (even anger) she is too soft. I think it gave her a human quality many people have needed to see. I'd honestly rather people just come out and say what they really mean: women are inferior no matter what, and nothing they say or do will change some peoples' minds about that. If you're going to be a poster child for the 1950's just wear the damn uniform already.
    Seriously. Great post.
    It funny how some people think. Women can carry a child for 9 months, give birth, raise children for 18 years (at least), be the backbone of the family, but people think they can't run a country. Fuck that. I will never understand it.

Silver Member

I'll second crumpet's great post. She choked up a little. That's all. There were no tears. You would think she had a hysterical breakdown by the way people are reacting.

I understand some of you don't like Hillary for whatever reason, but could we please retract the claws and focus on the issues? Who gives a shit if she choked up or not. Is she going to get us out of Iraq? Is she going to set up a national health care system? Will she secure our borders? What will she do about the energy crisis? That's what's important, not rather she shed a fucking tear or not.

Quote Originally Posted by tkdgirl View Post

I hope Obama cleans her clock.
    wow.... so because she got a little choked up a woman should never be president? How does she reflect on all women anyway?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information