Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hillary Clinton begrudging Barack Obama's bedazzling

Quote Originally Posted by gas_chick View Post
    Is it not true that the reason he didn't vote for the war was because he was not a member of the senate at that time and wasn't eligible to vote yes or no?
    True, he was an Ill. State Senator. When Bush was gathering up 'evidence' for war he gave a speech, opposing the war, and said what was was going to happen. After that speech a few of his fellow senators told him to run for US senator. Then, after the speech in 2004 at the DNC convention..he wasn't even a Senator for year before they started asking him about a Presidential run..
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

So technically we will never know how he really felt about the war at that time. A lot of people were swayed by their anger to be pro-war in the beginning. Hillary has admitted she feels she was lied too and a lot of other Americans feel that way too.

lied to, such a crock. Yes Bush lied but anybody with half a brain knew it was a total crock. The rest of the planet did.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Is it not true that the reason he didn't vote for the war was because he was not a member of the senate at that time and wasn't eligible to vote yes or no?

You are correct.

He has also voted exactly the same as she has on every single vote pertaining to the war since he has been in the US Senate. But don't look at his record, look at a speech he mad in his home state at an anti war rally.

His anti war stance doesn't actually come into play when it's time to vote in the Senate.

Now someone will jump on this post and claim - Well you have to support the troops, even if you don't support the war.
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

But if you don't support the war, then how can anyone support the troops?

So technically we will never know how he really felt about the war at that time. A lot of people were swayed by their anger to be pro-war in the beginning. Hillary has admitted she feels she was lied too and a lot of other Americans feel that way too.
    Bush lied to everybody, but not everybody fell for it. And somebody who supposedly has 35 years of experience like Hillary claims she has should have been able to tell Bush was full of it. And just because she feels that she was 'lied to' or 'misled' doesn't change the fact that she used poor judgement or absolve her of any responsibility for voting for the war.

^^That may be true, but isn't the FUTURE more important than what happened in the past, which can't be changed? I think all this quibbling about who did what when and why begs the larger issues that are at stake.

^^Voting to illegally invade a country while allowing the REAL threat to grow stronger and plot further attacks is a clear sign that bad judgement in the PAST can lead to bigger problems in the FUTURE. Including more bad judgement. What larger issue is there?

Everybody knows now that the war was a mistake, and some of us knew it then. One mistake does not negate a person's entire experience/career and predict their entire future. At the time it seemed to most Canadians that the entire U.S. was gripped by some kind of collective "kill all the Arabs" frenzy. I don't agree with her vote, but she wasn't exactly alone in what she did either.

No one, not even Obama, can be right every single time on every single issue. Should a mistake on his part disqualify him from all future endeavours? I don't think so, and it shouldn't disqualify her, either.

^^Yeah, anyone can make a mistake. No one is perfect. But one thing about making mistakes is that you have to be adult enough to admit that you made one and move on. John Edwards voted for the war, admitted it was a mistake. John Kerry voted for the war, admitted he made a mistake. Hillary voted for the war, and not only does she REFUSE to admit she made a mistake, she keeps saying she was 'misled', as if that somehow absolves her of responsibility. It doesn't.

No one expects perfection from their leaders. They're human and they make mistakes. But what you do expect is that when they screw up that they're big enough to admit they screwed up. Hillary has yet to do that. And what that shows is that if she became president and screwed up, she would try to avoid taking responsibility for it. And we've already had 8 years of that with Bush.

^^I agree that she should admit to it and move on.

The fact that they want to establish bases, and stay for at least 50 to 100 years is scary. I am with the opinion that if we weren't on the soil during the Gulf War which is their holy ground, half if not all of this wouldn't have happened. Now we are their again, in the wrong country, fighting the wrong war, pissing off other muslims, the extremist, and the disenfranchised. So we aren't fighting them over there to keep us safe over here, when they are ready and angry enough I fear that they might trickle into the US to cause more damage. The thing is that Saddam was a tyrant, with a narcissistic personality who was distrustful of al-Qaeda and viewed Islamic extremists as a threat to his regime, refusing all requests from al-Qaeda to provide material or operational support. The US brought al-Qaeda there by taking out Saddam!!
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information