Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hilary Clinton loses BIG!!

Quote Originally Posted by LynnieD View Post
    And I'm glad I'm not the only one feeling this way.
    You're not - I feel the same way. I'm just not jazzed about Obama. I still have no idea what he really stands for other than "change."

I'm still hoping Clinton will get a shot in the arm somehow.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Me too....really hoping she pulls it out.

^ I totally feel the same way LynnieD. I don't exactly hate Obama but he leaves me cold and he seems to have no real substance. I feel like Hillary deserves this more, like it's owed to her, somehow. It's stupid really since I don't even vote in the US elections but I think that Obama will not really change anything.

I hate this civil war on the Democrat side. The way they keep making each other look bad I feel that McCain may win and that would suck. Not another repug!

I'll laugh so hard if McCain wins. Seriously. If some repuke retard gets in office I'm going to have a houseful of US refugees to take care of.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    I'll laugh so hard if McCain wins. Seriously.
    My gut is telling me right now that he will.

I think there's a lot of Democrats who will not vote for the Dem nominee if their candidate doesn't get it. If Clinton gets the nom, I think a lot of Obama people will go to McCain, and the same if Obama gets the nom. McCain is just Democratic acting enough when it suits to convince a lot of Dems that he isn't so bad. I think there's just a lot of bad blood and feelings between the Obama and Clinton folks, plus a lot of people's prejudices will come floating out, and it's going to help McCain win the presidency.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

The latest poll among dems is still showing Hillary 46% and Obama 41%. This is long from over. The bigger states with many delegates are coming. I am thrilled to see this taking so long to be decided and that so many are being drawn into the process for the first time.

I'm shocked that Hillary's team has not yet brought up Obama's voting record, or lack of showing up to vote, since he took national office. From Sep-Dec of 07 he missed 80% of the votes including some critical votes on the Iran resolution. I guess it is easier to not vote at all instead of risking having your vote used against you. The other candidates have missed a lot of votes too but none were nearly as high as Obama.

^^See, CNN just did a poll last night that said McCain 45% vs Clinton 46%, if they were to get the noms. McCain 42% vs Obama 48% if they were to get the noms. So you can't trust any of the polls.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

^^ I'm talking about the poll for Clinton vs Obama among registered dems only. You are correct though, you can't even trust the polls. I have been shocked several times when the media reports on polls and tell us how strong the outcome is. Then you go to the actual poll and see there is a lot of info they left out as they spun it to be what they wanted it to be.

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    I'm shocked that Hillary's team has not yet brought up Obama's voting record, or lack of showing up to vote, since he took national office. From Sep-Dec of 07 he missed 80% of the votes including some critical votes on the Iran resolution. I guess it is easier to not vote at all instead of risking having your vote used against you. The other candidates have missed a lot of votes too but none were nearly as high as Obama.
    She has brought this up. I guess it hasn't gotten a lot of attention though. I'm really torn, like most of you. When people vote for the most "likeable" candidate, it's really bitten us in the ass. Voters should go off of policy and competence, not persona. I also think that there is a constant undercurrent of sexism directed at Hilary in ways that are socially accepted, ways in which people can't direct racism towards Obama or the press and public would freak out. Neither should be acceptable. Having said all that, I'm keeping an open mind about which Dem I'll vote for. McCain is too hawkish and too old.

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ManxMouse View Post
    She has brought this up. I guess it hasn't gotten a lot of attention though. I'm really torn, like most of you. When people vote for the most "likeable" candidate, it's really bitten us in the ass. Voters should go off of policy and competence, not persona. I also think that there is a constant undercurrent of sexism directed at Hilary in ways that are socially accepted, ways in which people can't direct racism towards Obama or the press and public would freak out. Neither should be acceptable. Having said all that, I'm keeping an open mind about which Dem I'll vote for. McCain is too hawkish and too old.
    couldn't agree more with both posts, especially the bolded parts.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I thought I was the only one who noticed Obama's lack of substance. Thank god I'm not though. I hear him keep talking about change and hope, but never hear specifics or plans to implement these changes. I'm so confused as to why people are voting for charisma over experience and qualifications. I mean no offense to the people who voted for him, it just confuses me.

Quote Originally Posted by LynnieD View Post
    I wonder what will 'come out' about Barack too. Should be very interesting.

And I'm glad I'm not the only one feeling this way. Its just so odd. Its almost like I am taking it personally, which is completely retarded since I obviously don't know anyone involved, and honestly, I have nothing to do with the grand scheme of things at the end of the day.

And who knows, maybe she would have made a seriously shitty President...
    You're not, ITA agree.
    Last edited by nycgirl; February 13th, 2008 at 02:19 PM.

... because people are stupid and easily swayed?

Look at "The kinda guy you wanna have a beer with" Bush.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

It's amazing to me to hear Hillary supporters going on and on about Obama's so-called 'lack of substance' and criticize him for his charisma, when Bill Clinton ran the SAME platform and had the SAME level of charisma. (Hell, Bill even went on the Arsenio Hall show and played the sax.) And Hillary was standing right beside him while he ran that campaign of change and hope, and used his charisma to his advantage. In fact, Hillary is still utilizing Bill's charisma in her own campaign. So, isn't it hypocritical to bash Obama for doing the same thing Bill did and that Hillary supported?

And Hillary lacks personality and charisma. Obama has them both. Bill has them both. And no matter how much people hate the fact that those things are factors in the election, they are. Because elections, at all levels, have always been, at the core, popularity contests. That's why they have the popular vote in the presidential election. And the cold hard fact is that you can be the most intelligent politician in the world and say all of the right things, but if you aren't a good public speaker and don't have the ability to connect with crowds your words are falling on deaf ears. Just ask Al Gore and John Kerry.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    ... because people are stupid and easily swayed?

Look at "The kinda guy you wanna have a beer with" Bush.
    I would like to say that I never thought of Bush as having an ounce of charisma. From the beginning he struck me as a retarded monkey who has trouble remembering his one trick. He seriously looked like the dim bulb fuck-up relative the Bushes should have kept hidden, I can't believe they trotted him out and groomed him for the presidency. It was pretty easy to imagine he'd be a national disgrace.

So while I think Obama is mostly lip service, and while I just can't bring myself to trust Hillary politically, at least neither of them will be such a huge source of global embarrassment.

^^this is true, either of them will be a major improvement at this point. It looks like Obama is going to get the nomination now, so I guess I will be voting for him. I still feel disappointed that Hillary's campaign turned out this way after how long and hard she's worked though.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information