Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: The high price gays pay for lack of (financial) rights

She also liked to talk about going to the country club.

Why did you want to see the food diary? For laughs or inspiration?

1. Arose. Had freshly squeezed juice mixed with the blood of children on welfare.
    2. Snacked on panda tongues.

do you guys (or people in general) really think that health care is the responsiblity of the government/country that you are a resident of?

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by chattykathy View Post
    That is what I heard, that you are place on a waiting list in all other countries, and you have to wait, and in some cases, evaluated to see if you deserve further care. So, older folks often die of cancer because they are not deemed cost effective to the system. Have no actual facts for that, just what I have been told by folks who immigrated here.
    All other countries? I've been living in Europe for over a year, used both private and public insurance and NEVER had to wait to be seen, treated, or evaluated.

The worst it got here was when I took the BF to an emergency room in Germany (their system is the most like the US.) Hours and hours of waiting because (like the US) people with minor problems go there as the only recourse - private insurers refuse to open 24 clinics and love dumping their problems into the public system whenever possible.

Elite Member

do you guys (or people in general) really think that health care is the responsiblity of the government/country that you are a resident of?
    I don't know. Many countries see it as a basic right and part of human dignity.

Do you really think it's the government's responsibility to provide a fire department? Do you think it's a government's responsibility to provide clean, safe water?

I'm not being sarcastic, I'm just saying that there are a lot of things the government does that we take for granted.

Would it make more sense if every individual hired their own private service to provide fire safety and control, for example? Or to get their own clean water?

The government often ends up as the ultimate payer for healthcare, anyway. As a taxpayer, would you rather pay for someone's surgery to have a foot amputated, then pay for a prosthetic and rehab, and pay for their disability insurance, or would you rather help pay for their medications and care for diabetes in an effort to prevent those outcomes?

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

^ yep, true.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread Information