Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 181

Thread: "He's a nigger" woman shouts at Palin rally

  1. #106
    Elite Member sputnik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    fellow traveller
    Posts
    51,891

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bychance View Post
    Obama/Biden and Clinton rallies are all full of positive energy. If the crowd does so much as boo at the mention of McCain's name Obama will address it. He has class.
    seriously. i don't even live in the US and i've seen all the clips of biden and obama telling the crowd to settle down when they start hurling insults. i've yet to see mccain or palin do the same, unless you count mccain's half-hearted attempts to settle down a crowd, which he then invalidated by saying he stands behind every single one of his supporters - which leads me to assume that includes the racist assholes.

    Quote Originally Posted by southernbelle View Post
    Having a medical or social cause that is close to your heart is a completely different situation than saying you prefer helping only members of a certain race.

    I just feel that when you want to be in a leadership position over people of ALL races, you shouldn't have the attitude of wanting to put all of your resources into only one of them. If Cindy McCain or Bill Clinton said that they identified with the white race because it was close to their heart and they were going to devote all of their resources first and foremost to helping whites, they would be crucified. I am just very sick of the double standard.
    seriously, it's a uni thesis! if people were to quote from my thesis it would contradict a lot of what i've said/done since i wrote it. people grow up and change. also, when you're writing a thesis, you're kind of in a vacuum and it's a very theoretic exercise. i'm sure michelle obama didn't write her thesis with the future presidency in mind, she did it in the framework of her degree. besides, like others said, her post isn't racist because it's from the perspective of a historically disadvantaged minority. therefore, you can't simply substitute 'black' for 'white'. it's the same logic repubs use to say affirmative action is racism against whites. it's not. whites have never suffered the same discrimination blacks and other minorities have. it's simplistic and delusional to think so.
    do you honestly think that obama as president will turn the country into a socialist experiment and a giant affirmative action for blacks, to the detriment of white people?
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

  2. #107
    Elite Member McJag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    42,527

    Default

    Obama has already made it clear he is not running for president to advance civil rights of anyone. Remember the comment-supposed to be private-Jesse Jackson made about nuts & he was not referring to a recipe for pecan pie.
    Yes,the thesis thing might be more troubling if she had written it last year,but it was her thesis-you have to make it sharp and outstanding to get noticed. Even exaggerate to make your point ,and usually done at the beginning of adulthood. The main task it to write a great paper.
    I have just heard the possibilites for a complete upset race-PLEASE VOTE.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

  3. #108
    Elite Member RevellingInSane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Where Being PC is understood as a fault!
    Posts
    11,592

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by southernbelle View Post
    Well, Obama's own wife is a racist. Are you familiar with her Princeton University thesis.


    Substitute the word "white" for "black" and "Hillary Clinton" for "Michelle Obama", and there would be national outrage.

    [youtube]Frr2Jm_WKfY[/youtube]
    Here are Obama supporters calling a group of McCain supporters "Nazis," and flipping them off.


    I realize there are comments from both sides that are in poor taste, but I'm just tired of it constantly being implied that only the McCain supporters and Republicans are hurling insults or harassing people. And, as a Republican, I do generally find that most Democrats I encounter are very intolerant of my beliefs.
    That thesis quote is not racist. It is called wanting to inspire and help build her community up. You can love yourself without hating others. Someone should teach the McCain supporters how it is done.

    Flipping people off and yelling Nazi is not the same as yelling racial epithets. You do understand if McCain and Palin have their way, this country would be on the slippery slope to a modern day version of a Nazi state?

    Dems are not intolerant of your beliefs. How republican are you? If you are middle of the road, leaning to republican, I doubt people despise your ideas. If you are an old-fashioned, southern, bible belt, basing your beliefs on the bible and hoping to get bible based laws on the books, people still don't despise your ideas. We just don't want someone's religion dictating our lives and many of us will be vocally opposed and intolerant to our lives being affected by a book open to interpretation by geniuses and idiots alike.

    Quote Originally Posted by southernbelle View Post
    Having a medical or social cause that is close to your heart is a completely different situation than saying you prefer helping only members of a certain race.

    I just feel that when you want to be in a leadership position over people of ALL races, you shouldn't have the attitude of wanting to put all of your resources into only one of them. If Cindy McCain or Bill Clinton said that they identified with the white race because it was close to their heart and they were going to devote all of their resources first and foremost to helping whites, they would be crucified. I am just very sick of the double standard.
    I agree with what is in bold, which is exactly why it is about time a new type leader is chosen, as long as he is qualified to do the job. The past has shown leadership limited to white, male, and wealthy. Guess what? They don't know the needs and lives of anyone else. They aren't my leaders.

    This country has been funneling the resources to the majority since its inception. White leaders never had to say what they were going to do. It was a given.

    The fact this country has progressed far enough to consider a non-white male for the presidency is scaring the hell out of many white people who subconsciously believe it is wrong for this country to be in the hands of someone who isn't white. Some are consciously feeling this and refuse to admit it. I actually respect the ones who do.

    Regardless of the outcome, this man has inspired people like no one else in recent history. This election has shown the good, the bad, and the ugly of this country. Change is coming, one way or another.
    Last edited by RevellingInSane; October 28th, 2008 at 07:58 AM.



  4. #109
    Elite Member sluce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Top Secret Spy for Leann Rimes
    Posts
    37,330

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by southernbelle View Post
    [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Frr2Jm_WKfY[/YOUTUBE]
    Here are Obama supporters calling a group of McCain supporters "Nazis," and flipping them off.


    I realize there are comments from both sides that are in poor taste, but I'm just tired of it constantly being implied that only the McCain supporters and Republicans are hurling insults or harassing people. And, as a Republican, I do generally find that most Democrats I encounter are very intolerant of my beliefs.
    You fail big time with this example. These are protestors outside an event. No candidate can or is expected to control that anymore than I control what people do on the street outside of my home. However, when they invite these hate mongers into their rallies and do nothing to stop the hate they seek to spread they are proving that they too are racist. I had a party a few years ago where a friend brought a guest who used the word nigger and it was clear he was a hateful racist. I asked him to leave my home right away. I would expect no less from the man who wants to be my President and the women who wants to be his 2nd in command.

  5. #110
    Elite Member Grimmlok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    In WhoreLand fucking your MOM
    Posts
    55,372

    Default

    see, all this just screams "whitey afraid of losing power" to me.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

  6. #111
    Elite Member cmmdee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Eva's Love Den
    Posts
    25,572

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RevellingInSane View Post
    The fact this country has progressed far enough to consider a non-white male for the presidency is scaring the hell out of many white people who subconsciously believe it is wrong for this country to be in the hands of someone who isn't white. Some are consciously feeling this and refuse to admit it. I actually respect the ones who do.
    Me, too, Revel. People should just own up to their prejudices/bigotry instead of trying to sugar-coat it w/ something else.


  7. #112
    Elite Member McJag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    42,527

    Default

    It is interesting to see anyone-and color doesn't matter-that can bring together all shapes,sorts,types,ages,colors the way Obama can. It is a rare feat. I am sure that many,like me, did not start out supporting him at all. He could use some more seasoning. In the end,it was his thought process,his grasp of the difficult job and the way he presents it all that make the difference. Perfect? No. But at least this man will listen,will try his level best. McCain is more like "My way or the highway." I don't think that works well anymore.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

  8. #113
    Elite Member Grimmlok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    In WhoreLand fucking your MOM
    Posts
    55,372

    Default

    I just hope he can deliver on what he says. He talks a better game than the neocons, who are all about FEAR FEAR FEAR.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

  9. #114
    Elite Member cmmdee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Eva's Love Den
    Posts
    25,572

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    . McCain is more like "My way or the highway." I don't think that works well anymore.
    My friends, I know how to find Bin Laden. I will find him. I know how to do it.
    I have been tested. I know all these things.
    I know how to Bomb bomb bomb Iran. I know Sarah Palin is a great role model for women everywhere.
    I know where my Depends are most mornings. I know that Cindy gets the best prescription drugs.
    My friends, I KNOW THIS and so you should elect MEEEE!

    Sidenote: I saw him on Meet the Press or something and Mccain was telling Brokaw or someone, My friend... I know... ETC

    MY FRIIIIIIIIIIIIIEND!

    Last edited by cmmdee; October 28th, 2008 at 09:33 AM.

  10. #115
    Gold Member ymeman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,415

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    see, all this just screams "whitey afraid of losing power" to me.

    That is absolutely, one hundred percent, exactly what it is. From a fellow 'southern belle' here.

  11. #116
    Elite Member Just Kill Me's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes
    Posts
    15,550

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by southernbelle View Post
    Having a medical or social cause that is close to your heart is a completely different situation than saying you prefer helping only members of a certain race.

    I just feel that when you want to be in a leadership position over people of ALL races, you shouldn't have the attitude of wanting to put all of your resources into only one of them. If Cindy McCain or Bill Clinton said that they identified with the white race because it was close to their heart and they were going to devote all of their resources first and foremost to helping whites, they would be crucified. I am just very sick of the double standard.
    She has a point.

    So OMFG watching Colbert last night and he did an interesting thing about the GOP and Frankenstein's monster; pretty funny stuff.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

    Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

    Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

  12. #117
    Gold Member ymeman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,415

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Just Kill Me View Post
    She has a point.

    I don't think so, I think it's more a deficit in the ability to understand and appreciate context, and it's a lack of self-awareness that leads one to project one's feelings about the collective past of this country and the violence that happened around slavery onto innappropriate targets. It's like they say that the reason a man kicks his dog is because deep inside he knows that that dog is better than him. I honestly think there is a huge amount of sub-conscious, horrified guilt in this country about genocide and slavery and if you can't adequately deal with it your only options are to compartmentalize it and project your guilt/fear onto the your symbol of that, which for these folks is Obama.

  13. #118
    Elite Member RevellingInSane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Where Being PC is understood as a fault!
    Posts
    11,592

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Just Kill Me View Post
    She has a point.
    No she does not have a point. This country has been controlled by the white majority since its beginning. That majority has chosen how this country is run. History proves how the majority has chosen to appropriate resources.

    Fear of change is the bottom line here. To have someone who isn't a part of the accepted power group take such a position is threatening to the small-minded and bigoted, even if the fear is only subconscious.



  14. #119
    Elite Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    3,808

    Default Re

    Re: Southernbelle's comments...

    I started the primary season leaning toward Edwards, because I had liked him from 2004. Early on I switched to HRC. I found Obama intriguing, but I just didn't know enough about him. He won me over gradually, but one thing I remember is him taking a call (maybe on Larry King?) from an African-American man who was blamed problems in the AA community on immigrants.

    I heard Obama very calmly but firmly acknowledge problems in the black community that needed to be addressed, but he flatly told the caller that these things would not be improved by scapegoating other groups, and the AA community had to take responsibility for some of its own problems. At that moment it was pretty clear to me that he was not going to pander to blacks or other groups but take a larger more inclusive view. The more I listened to him, the more certain I was.

  15. #120
    Elite Member Just Kill Me's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes
    Posts
    15,550

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ymeman View Post
    I don't think so, I think it's more a deficit in the ability to understand and appreciate context, and it's a lack of self-awareness that leads one to project one's feelings about the collective past of this country and the violence that happened around slavery onto innappropriate targets. It's like they say that the reason a man kicks his dog is because deep inside he knows that that dog is better than him. I honestly think there is a huge amount of sub-conscious, horrified guilt in this country about genocide and slavery and if you can't adequately deal with it your only options are to compartmentalize it and project your guilt/fear onto the your symbol of that, which for these folks is Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by RevellingInSane View Post
    No she does not have a point. This country has been controlled by the white majority since its beginning. That majority has chosen how this country is run. History proves how the majority has chosen to appropriate resources.

    Fear of change is the bottom line here. To have someone who isn't a part of the accepted power group take such a position is threatening to the small-minded and bigoted, even if the fear is only subconscious.
    Read what I highlighted in Southernbelle's post; how can you not acknowledge that as valid and true? Are y'all calling anyone who will not vote for Obama a subconcious racist? This is out of control.

    I'll be honest and say that I'm voting for Obama because I consider him the lesser of two evils. I would have preferred John Edwards whether or not he fucked someone other than his wife. Did anyone pay attention to what he was saying about contributions? Did anyone pay any attention when he pointed out where he got his money from but where were Hillary and Obama getting their's? I feel Edwards was overlooked because Obama is blackish and Hillary has a vagina. I think alot of people who did not listen to what he had to say are just as guilty of racism and sexism as the people who will vote for McCain just because he is white.

    Obama is not some kind of savior; he's a politician just like McCain and just like all the others. The double standards are getting ridiculous and this isn't change; just a reversal of the same bullshit.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

    Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

    Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 13
    Last Post: October 22nd, 2008, 09:37 AM
  2. Replies: 29
    Last Post: October 12th, 2008, 03:38 PM
  3. Replies: 9
    Last Post: October 8th, 2008, 12:38 AM
  4. Replies: 20
    Last Post: September 24th, 2008, 03:30 PM
  5. "Alaskan Women Reject Palin" rally
    By NicoleWasHere in forum U.S. Politics and Issues
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: September 16th, 2008, 01:02 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •