Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: "He's a nigger" woman shouts at Palin rally

Silver Member

What year is this? 1860? Let me go get my hoop skirt.

Really. I haven't even heard one yell "Dumbass".
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Quote Originally Posted by buttmunch View Post
    I'd like to see a video of Obama supporters yelling 'terrorist' or 'honky' or 'cracker' or 'redneck' or anything else that might be seen in the same light as the 'n' word. So far I haven't seen anything but I sure as hell have seen quite a bit of footage from various McCain/Palin rallies that make me think they're hiding the brown shirts behind the curtain.
    Well, Obama's own wife is a racist. Are you familiar with her Princeton University thesis? Here is a quote:

As a member of the black community, I am obligated to this community and will utilize all of my present and future resources to benefit the black community first and foremost.
    Substitute the word "white" for "black" and "Hillary Clinton" for "Michelle Obama", and there would be national outrage.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Frr2Jm_WKfY[/YOUTUBE]
    Here are Obama supporters calling a group of McCain supporters "Nazis," and flipping them off.

I realize there are comments from both sides that are in poor taste, but I'm just tired of it constantly being implied that only the McCain supporters and Republicans are hurling insults or harassing people. And, as a Republican, I do generally find that most Democrats I encounter are very intolerant of my beliefs.

Obama/Biden and Clinton rallies are all full of positive energy. If the crowd does so much as boo at the mention of McCain's name Obama will address it. He has class.

Quote Originally Posted by L1049 View Post
    Ya know, I'm gonna make it my life's mission to an Obama rally, dressed in McCain/Palin attire and call Obama a Honkey just to confuse the fuck outta everyone.
    LOL. Hey. Go to a McCain/Palin rally and when someone yells out 'he's an nigger!' be sure to shout afterwards 'he's a honkey too!' they're gonna be like ... wut?

Quote Originally Posted by cupcake View Post
    HELLO!!!!! I posted the article, YES! Its been posted all over the internet. I dont care if i look like a fool. Doesnt bother me a bit. It is not a curse word!!! As far of death? Oh Yes , many times. How about phrases like " I wish that F---ing B---- would die. What do you call that ? And that is just the top of the iceburg. And much wosre phrases on here I might add! How stupid is it to curse and carry on. What does that REALLY show? You can get your point across with out having a potty mouth lol. Actually maybe some people cant

AND>>> It wasnt bad enough to get the thread closed, it was the members carrying on that got it shut down.
    Oh please. It wasn't even an article. It was a comment you quoted from wherever you found it from. It was a pretty pointless thread, even to me, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by southernbelle View Post
    Well, Obama's own wife is a racist. Are you familiar with her Princeton University thesis? Here is a quote:

As a member of the black community, I am obligated to this community and will utilize all of my present and future resources to benefit the black community first and foremost.
    Um, no, that's not racism; that's called wanting to help a group that has been historically disadvantaged in our society.

Substitute the word "white" for "black" and "Hillary Clinton" for "Michelle Obama", and there would be national outrage.

[youtube]Frr2Jm_WKfY[/youtube]
    Here are Obama supporters calling a group of McCain supporters "Nazis," and flipping them off.

I realize there are comments from both sides that are in poor taste, but I'm just tired of it constantly being implied that only the McCain supporters and Republicans are hurling insults or harassing people.
    Are you serious? Let's forget the fact that Michelle married a man with a white mother. How the hell does that quote make Michelle a racist? Did she say that blacks were superior to any other race? No. Did she make disparaging comments about other races? No. And here's a news flash, it's not uncommon for people from minority groups to say that they want to reach back and try to strengthen their communities if they become successful. When you're part of the minority, not the majority, you understand that.

As for the McCain/Palin supporters being called Nazis, maybe if they stop running around calling Obama a 'terrorist', 'nigger,' "Hitler', and preaching about 'anti-American' parts of the country they wouldn't be called 'Nazis.'

And here's a Full article on Michelle's thesis, since you only bothered to post a sentence or two.

Michelle Obama thesis was on racial divide
    By: Jeffrey Ressner
    February 23, 2008 09:51 AM EST

Michelle Obama's senior year thesis at Princeton University, obtained from the campaign by Politico, shows a document written by a young woman grappling with a society in which a black Princeton alumnus might only be allowed to remain "on the periphery." Read the full thesis here: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4.

"My experiences at Princeton have made me far more aware of my 'blackness' than ever before," the future Mrs. Obama wrote in her thesis introduction. "I have found that at Princeton, no matter how liberal and open-minded some of my white professors and classmates try to be toward me, I sometimes feel like a visitor on campus; as if I really don't belong. Regardless of the circumstances underwhich I interact with whites at Princeton, it often seems as if, to them, I will always be black first and a student second."

The thesis, titled "Princeton-Educated Blacks and the Black Community" and written under her maiden name, Michelle LaVaughn Robinson, in 1985, has been the subject of much conjecture on the blogosphere and elsewhere in recent weeks, as it has been "temporarily withdrawn" from Princeton's library until after this year's presidential election in November. Some of the material has been written about previously, however, including a story last year in the Newark Star Ledger.

Obama writes that the path she chose by attending Princeton would likely lead to her "further integration and/or assimilation into a white cultural and social structure that will only allow me to remain on the periphery of society; never becoming a full participant."

During a presidential contest in which the term "transparency" has been frequently bandied about, candidates have buried a number of potentially revealing documents and papers. In Hillary Rodham Clinton's case, there's been a clamoring for tax records, White House memos and other material the candidate's team has chosen to keep from release. The 96-page Princeton thesis, restricted from release by the school's Mudd Library, has also been the subject of recent scrutiny.

Earlier this week, commentator Jonah Goldberg remarked on National Review Online, "A reader in the know informs me that Michelle Obama's thesis ... is unavailable until Nov. 5, 2008, at the Princeton library. I wonder why."

"Why a restricted thesis?" asked blogger-pastor Louis Lapides on his site Thinking Outside the Blog. "Is the concern based on what's in the thesis? Will Michelle Obama appear to be too black for white America or not black enough for black America?"

Attempts to retrieve the document through Princeton proved unsuccessful, with school librarians having been pestered so much for access to the thesis that they have resorted to reading from a script when callers inquire about it. Media officers at the prestigious university were similarly unhelpful, claiming it is "not unusual" for a thesis to be restricted and refusing to discuss "the academic work of alumni."

The Obama campaign, however, quickly responded to a request for the thesis by Politico. The thesis offers several fascinating insights into the mind of Michelle Obama, who has been a passionate advocate of her husband's presidential aspirations and who has made several controvesial statements, including this week's remark, "For the first time in my adult lifetime, I am really proud of my country." That comment has fueled debate on countless blogs, radio talk shows and cable news for days on end, causing her to explain the statement in greater detail.

The 1985 thesis provides a trove of Michelle Obama's thoughts as a young woman, with many of the paper's statements describing the student's world as seen through a race-based prism.

"In defining the concept of identification or the ability to identify with the black community," the Princeton student wrote, "I based my definition on the premise that there is a distinctive black culture very different from white culture." Other thesis statements specifically pointed to what was seen by the future Mrs. Obama as racially insensitive practices in a university system populated with mostly Caucasian educators and students: "Predominately white universities like Princeton are socially and academically designed to cater to the needs of the white students comprising the bulk of their enrollments."

To illustrate the latter statement, she pointed out that Princeton (at the time) had only five black tenured professors on its faculty, and its "Afro-American studies" program "is one of the smallest and most understaffed departments in the university." In addition, she said only one major university-recognized group on campus was "designed specifically for the intellectual and social interests of blacks and other third world students." (Her findings also stressed that Princeton was "infamous for being racially the most conservative of the Ivy League universities.")

Perhaps one of the most germane subjects approached in the thesis is a section in which she conveyed views about political relations between black and white communities. She quotes the work of sociologists James Conyers and Walter Wallace, who discussed "integration of black official(s) into various aspects of politics" and notes "problems which face these black officials who must persuade the white community that they are above issues of race and that they are representing all people and not just black people," as opposed to creating "two separate social structures."

To research her thesis, the future Mrs. Obama sent an 18-question survey to a sampling of 400 black Princeton graduates, requesting the respondents define the amount of time and "comfort" level spent interacting with blacks and whites before they attended the school, as well as during and after their University years. Other questions dealt with their individual religious beliefs, living arrangements, careers, role models, economic status, and thoughts about lower class blacks. In addition, those surveyed were asked to choose whether they were more in line with a "separationist and/or pluralist" viewpoint or an "integrationist and/or assimilationist" ideology.

Just under 90 alums responded to the questionnaires (for a response rate of approximately 22 percent) and the conclusions were not what she expected. "I hoped that these findings would help me conclude that despite the high degree of identification with whites as a result of the educational and occupational path that black Princeton alumni follow, the alumni would still maintain a certain level of identification with the black community. However, these findings do not support this possibility."
    Michelle Obama thesis was on racial divide - Jeffrey Ressner ...

dreaming about being on a lake in Ontario

So if someone get MS and wants to devote all their energies to helping find a cure for that disease rather than cancer that is wrong? Everyone has a cause close to their heart, I have no problem with it. For instance I would help the cause for the "artistically diasadvantaged".
    If I can't be a good example, then let me be a horrible warning.

Having a medical or social cause that is close to your heart is a completely different situation than saying you prefer helping only members of a certain race.

I just feel that when you want to be in a leadership position over people of ALL races, you shouldn't have the attitude of wanting to put all of your resources into only one of them. If Cindy McCain or Bill Clinton said that they identified with the white race because it was close to their heart and they were going to devote all of their resources first and foremost to helping whites, they would be crucified. I am just very sick of the double standard.

dreaming about being on a lake in Ontario

That is because they were already devoting all their resouces to the white race, we always have....New Orleans anyone???
    If I can't be a good example, then let me be a horrible warning.

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Michelle Obama is not anymore racist than I am gay. Give me a break. It's called a thesis for a reason and what she is trying to say is that she is not sure she'll ever be seen as something or someone before she is seen as black and how this is a huge problem in our country, something that has been amply illustrated by the reactions to the Obama presidential run.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Having a medical or social cause that is close to your heart is a completely different situation than saying you prefer helping only members of a certain race.

I just feel that when you want to be in a leadership position over people of ALL races, you shouldn't have the attitude of wanting to put all of your resources into only one of them. If Cindy McCain or Bill Clinton said that they identified with the white race because it was close to their heart and they were going to devote all of their resources first and foremost to helping whites, they would be crucified. I am just very sick of the double standard.
    I think you missed the Wombat's point above:
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Wombat View Post
    Um, no, that's not racism; that's called wanting to help a group that has been historically disadvantaged in our society.
    Moreover, what does Michelle Obama's thesis have to do with wanting to be in "a leadership position over people of ALL races?"

Double standards you say?
    Our current president got where he is today, due to nepotism. He was a C student at best in college, and every business he even looked at failed. But, Obama's intellectual skills and achievements have to be more than stellar... If Obama had Bush's credentials he would still be on the South Side of Chicago!
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Two points to the part in bold:

1) You keep ignoring the fact that Michelle wrote that paper in college. And Cindy McCain and Bill Clinton are part of the majority group, not the minority. Now, if Michelle had said that she could care less about any other group but black, then you might have a point.

2) And if you truly believed that somebody in a leadership position over ALL races shouldn't want to put their resources behind just one, then you wouldn't be supporting the McCain/Palin ticket since they've been race-baiting and trying to divide the country into the pro-America and anti-America parts. Yeah, talk about a double-standard.

Re: Michelle Obama's thesis. Yes, it's always hard to be confronted with
    the truth, now ain't it? She did nothing more than state facts that ALL
    minorities experience on a daily basis. I see all around me how some of
    my white friends can't wrap their brains around it, until I explain to
    them: "But then, you've never had a colored skin." and often that simple
    remark is the best way to make the coin drop.
    The best evidence can be found in today's election: an Alaskan nitwit
    who had to go through 5 Universities before finishing her education is
    respected quicker and easier than a black man (or woman for that matter)
    who only needed one (and one of the nation's best) Universities and one
    try to successfully end his.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

^Barry actually attended two. He attended Occidental College in California for two years and then decided to transfer to Columbia after he had his academic awakening. But still, much better academic record than Palin.

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread Information