Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Here's a reason why the US government won't stop illegal immigration

I dont think illegal or legal immigrants left their birthplace and everything they hold dear,just to have fun and bother the locals.
    Immigration is a hard and desparate act,very stresseful too.
    Your own country cannot provide for you..so you look for a better life and you re ready to lose your dignity and be treated like asecond rate human being,to put it mildly.
    It isnt fun..and though i understand the negative opinions,i stand by the immigrants and i try to help them settle and claim their human rights..
    "Effie is all kinds of awesome." - Some internet moderator

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    If they could do it legally I am sure that most would.....but that option isn't open for a lot of these immigrants...they don't come from western european countries and aren't considered desirable immigrants.
    What an absolute lie. I am so tired of people trying to frame the anti-illegal immigration debate as a race issue.

Guess what? The #1 source of LEGAL immigrants is MEXICO.

After that comes, China, India, and a slew of other countries where the people are anything but white. Very few of our immigrants come from Europe, contrary to your post.

We have the H2B visa program for low skill immigrant workers. We already do bring in cheap labor for the agricultural, construction, hospitality industries, etc. What has happened is they have bought corrupt politicians and keep them from enforcing the law while they use illegal labor that is even cheaper. They don't have to pay them benefits at all - the American people get screwed paying the bill for illegalls' health care, education, etc.

Plus, the statistics on illegals are shocking - the high high school drop out rate, the huge out of wedlock and teen birth rates - these are people coming here and adding to our social problems, and we don't need it.

Quote Originally Posted by purple rain View Post
    What an absolute lie. I am so tired of people trying to frame the anti-illegal immigration debate as a race issue.

Guess what? The #1 source of LEGAL immigrants is MEXICO.

After that comes, China, India, and a slew of other countries where the people are anything but white. Very few of our immigrants come from Europe, contrary to your post.
    Who are you to call me a liar?

Clearly you did not understand my post, as I was not implying that europeans made up our immigrants...my point was that immigrants from european nations do not face the same challenges that immigrants from other countries face when trying to get into the states.

However, I'm really sick and tired of seeing the great-grandchildren of immigrants taking this "hey America is our country, and these people should go back to where they came from" stance...Talk about fucking xenophobic.....

Like Sparkly so truthfully pointed out:
    "It's funny that a lot of the people bitching about it are the same ones whose family hasn't been here but for less than a few hundred years. When should we have closed the gates, after THEIR family arrived a blink of an eye ago? "

Clearly, you must be writing your posts from a Reservation.....as a native American I presume, because if you're not, you are descended from immigrants as well......

Do us a favor, and go back to making posts snidely referring to all the "cold career women" that are "barren" and the "feminazis".
    Last edited by witchcurlgirl; April 22nd, 2008 at 06:10 PM. Reason: clarification
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Gold Member

Who are you to call me a liar?

Clearly you did not understand my post, as I was not implying that europeans made up our immigrants...my point was that immigrants from european nations do not face the same challenges that immigrants from other countries face when trying to get into the states.

However, I'm really sick and tired of seeing the great-grandchildren of immigrants taking this "hey America is our country, and these people should go back to where they came from" stance...Talk about fucking xenophobic.....

Like Sparkly so truthfully pointed out:
    "It's funny that a lot of the people bitching about it are the same ones whose family hasn't been here but for less than a few hundred years. When should we have closed the gates, after THEIR family arrived a blink of an eye ago? "

Clearly, you must be writing your posts from a Reservation.....as a native American I presume, because if you're not, you are descended from immigrants as well......
    Right, Europeans face greater challenges entering the US, because most of them don't qualify under chain migration rules, or fit companies' needs for cheap labor.

Humans are not a species native to the Americas. The Native Americans (and "indigenous" people from other countries) walked over a land bridge from Russia thousands of years ago.

I am getting tired of people using the "country of immigrants" line to support illegals. Guess what? We are also a country of laws, and we have the right to control our borders and our soverignty. My great-grandparents came through Ellis Island. They filled out paperwork, and entered the US legally. What they did is totally different than an illegal immigrant sneaking over the border in the middle of the night.

I understand people want a better life, but we don't have the resources to accept an unlimited number of people, which is why there are immigration controls. There is absolutely no need to drive down the American standard of living, and become overpopulated (have you checked out how high the population of this country is expected to rise over this century? And it is ALL because of immigration, and the high birth rates of immigrants) just because other countries can't get their act together. Mexico needs to implement a plan to educate their citizens, create jobs, use family planning programs, etc. We shouldn't continue to be a release valve for their corrupt elite who control all of the wealth in that country.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

what the hell are you talking about OP?!! every illegal i know files! they have to keep thier SSN status current! the last thing they want is to get caught! and no they don't get the benefits of all the money taken out of their checks for social security and other shit. the govt. doesn't want to stop it cuz its a dumb idea. they know that. and deep down; you know it too.

and it is a race (culture) issue; ppl in this country are racist and we all know that too! don't even try to say it isn't. its xenophobia at its ugliest.

I understand people want a better life, but we don't have the resources to accept an unlimited number of people, which is why there are immigration controls. There is absolutely no need to drive down the American standard of living, and become overpopulated (have you checked out how high the population of this country is expected to rise over this century? And it is ALL because of immigration, and the high birth rates of immigrants) just because other countries can't get their act together. Mexico needs to implement a plan to educate their citizens, create jobs, use family planning programs, etc. We shouldn't continue to be a release valve for their corrupt elite who control all of the wealth in that country.
    I don't believe in punishing people for their governments mistakes.......I guess that's where we differ......

I'd certainly hate to be punished for the mistakes of my government

And this statement of yours is priceless:

"Plus, the statistics on illegals are shocking - the high high school drop out rate, the huge out of wedlock and teen birth rates - these are people coming here and adding to our social problems, and we don't need it."

I see plenty of american born whites that have dropped out of high school, having babies as teens and out of wedlock......this is not unique to immigrants.....

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

Gold Member

I guess where we differ is that you seem to have more compassion for the illegals, while I have compassion for the Americans whose quality of life is being negatively affected by illegals.

I'm sorry. I don't have any sympathy for people who think they are above the law. We need to cut off the jobs magnet, cut off all welfare programs for illegals, end birthright citizenship to stop the "anchor baby" phenomenon, etc. Illegals should have no way of surviving economically in this country.

I guess where we differ is that you seem to have more compassion for the illegals, while I have compassion for the Americans whose quality of life is being negatively affected by illegals.

I'm sorry. I don't have any sympathy for people who think they are above the law. We need to cut off the jobs magnet, cut off all welfare programs for illegals, end birthright citizenship to stop the "anchor baby" phenomenon, etc. Illegals should have no way of surviving economically in this country.
    Game. Set. Match.

Quote Originally Posted by effie2 View Post
    I dont think illegal or legal immigrants left their birthplace and everything they hold dear,just to have fun and bother the locals.
    Immigration is a hard and desparate act,very stresseful too.
    Your own country cannot provide for you..so you look for a better life and you re ready to lose your dignity and be treated like asecond rate human being,to put it mildly.
    It isnt fun..and though i understand the negative opinions,i stand by the immigrants and i try to help them settle and claim their human rights..
    i couldn't have said it better myself.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I don't really give a shit what the anti-immigration faction thinks......

I've been all over the world for my business, and I've seen things that I cannot believe, children living on garbage dumps, slums that were beyond description- raw sewage running past people's front doors- water from shared wells, poverty that cannot begin to be imagined by Americans that have never left this country, or have only travelled to tourist resorts. I've seen the Phillipines, China, Pakistan, India, Guatemala, Honduras, Vietnam, Indonesia, The Dominican Republic.....

And I grew up in America, never knowing hunger, or deprivation, and able to have an education because my ancestors were able to get here and make a life that they never could have in their homeland. So if people can get here, and they work for a better life- than have at it, and good luck. I hope your family prospers as much as mine did, and I hope America is as good to your people as it was to mine.

I guess I and the people I know are lucky, as our lives are not negatively affected by immigrants. Luckily we aren't competing for jobs fruit picking, and toilet cleaning, and sweeping up at construction sites, or standing along highways holding up signs for shops having sales.

I grew up in NY surrounded by Americans, the American born children of immigrants, and immigrants as well- from everywhere- Italy, Greece, Ireland, Lebanon, Israel, Jordan, Syria, Cuba, China, Korea- you name it, and we all lived together......... This new wave of anti-immigrant feeling is total bullshit, and beneath contempt
    Last edited by witchcurlgirl; April 22nd, 2008 at 06:13 PM.

Gold Member

I don't really give a shit what the anti-immigration faction thinks......

I've been all over the world for my business, and I've seen things that I cannot believe, children living on garbage dumps, slums that were beyond description- raw sewage running past people's front doors- water from shared wells, poverty that cannot begin to be imagined by Americans that have never left this country, or have only travelled to tourist resorts. I've seen the Phillipines, China, Pakistan, India, Guatemala, Honduras, Vietnam, Indonesia, The Dominican Republic.....

And I grew up in America, never knowing hunger, or deprivation, and able to have an education because my ancestors were able to get here and make a life that they never could have in their homeland. So if people can get here, and they work for a better life- than have at it, and good luck. I hope your family prospers as much as mine did, and I hope America is as good to your people as it was to mine.
    We won't solve world poverty problems by allowing unlimited immigration. It will only overwhelm our country.

The fact is there are billions of poor people in the world. As much as you would like to help them all, it's not possible. And the world population is exploding so that there will be even more poor people in the future. African women are having 5.5 children per women on average. The sub-Saharan population will double in 28 years, even with AIDS and other diseases ravishing the continent.

I honestly think the best way to deal with poverty is family planning programs. The world is already overpopulated, imo, and a lot of the starvation you see is a result of that, imo. We're really no different from any other species. Mother nature will kick in to try to control the world population, as much as we may try to fight it with our technological advances.

A*O

I find it bizarre that 'illegals' are able to file taxes, obtain social security credentials, etc just like 'legal' citizens.

And I'm curious purple - in another thread you make derogatory remarks about women who choose to remain childless (or "barren" to use your term) yet here you are advocating a global family planning/birth control program.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Exchanging glances with the cunty bitches

I'm curious too.
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

This new wave of anti-immigrant feeling is total bullshit, and beneath contempt
    i agree. and it's those anti-immigration sentiments that the far-right, xenophobic political parties like the front national in france feed off. the sad part is that the anti-immigration platform has been co-opted by more mainstream right-wing parties, and they use shitty, ignorant populist xenophobic arguments that pander to people's ignorance and fear and intolerance, to gain votes.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    i agree. and it's those anti-immigration sentiments that the far-right, xenophobic political parties like the front national in france feed off. the sad part is that the anti-immigration platform has been co-opted by more mainstream right-wing parties, and they use shitty, ignorant populist xenophobic arguments that pander to people's ignorance and fear and intolerance, to gain votes.
    Not true. You will find that anti-immigration/illegals can not be pigeon-holed into a movement, wing, etc. The vast majority of Americans- over 70%, want something done about illegals. In fact, it is the staunchest of Republicans that want illegals to have amnesty- including McCain and Bush (and yes, they say no to amnesty, but their plans to congress have in fact been defacto amnesty). The political arguments are also vastly different with Republicans looking at the business side of things while Democrats tend to do the touchy-feely line of reasoning as to why they should be allowed here.

Try as you might to once again blame the far right for the vehement feelings about illegals, but it won't wash this time. One could even argue that the far right, associated as it is with religious conservatism, would want illegals here based solely on religion and family values. Mexicans are strong Catholics and very family oriented, which is why the Republican party has made such a strong pitch to them. Even democrats who have run with strong anti-illegal platforms have beaten Republicans (Arizona for instance). And yes, even Mike Huckabee, an evangelical Christian, was successful in Arkansas as governor with programs for illegals and tuition grants- which is a load of crap, IMHO.

But, why not ask the people who live in California, Arizona, New Mexico and Texas- who are dealing with illegals first hand, every day. I bet you'll find those who are the most outspoken run the table in poliitcal spectrum.

Sput, I think the people in France (and every other European country with liberal immigration laws) have every right to be afraid of their terrible immigration problems.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information